|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do we know the old man sleeps for a very long time?
(a) The boy has to re-heat the coffee.
(b) The old man talks all day in his sleep.
(c) It is the next morning before he wakes up.
(d) The boy keeps thinking the old man has died.
2. Why does Santiago decide to go farther out to sea than usual?
(a) He wants to get away from other boats.
(b) He thinks the nearer waters have been fished out.
(c) He thinks big fish may be out where the schools of bonito and albacore stay.
(d) He has never been far out before.
3. When does Santiago realize the depth of his tiredness?
(a) As he ties the boat to a rock.
(b) As he hauls the marlin's bones out of the water.
(c) As he walks up the hill to his shack.
(d) As he furls the sail.
4. What happens to make the old man forget his aches and pains?
(a) The great fish surfaces.
(b) His line breaks.
(c) A storm comes up.
(d) There is a beautiful sunrise.
5. How old was the boy the first time he went fishing with Santiago?
(a) 10 years old.
(b) 15 years old.
(c) 5 years old.
(d) 7 years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the old man eat to keep up his strength?
2. Which line below gives an indication of Santiago's respect for nature?
3. What does the old man do to prepare for the arrival of the shark?
4. How many rows of teeth does the Mako shark have?
5. What is Santiago's plan as the fist keeps circling?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)