|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disappointment does the old man feel because he has been out in his boat for days?
(a) He cannot remember what the boy looks like.
(b) He has not had a beer in two days.
(c) He has not been able to go to the cock fights.
(d) He does not know the baseball game scores.
2. How do you know Santiago had never been up in a plane?
(a) He thinks planes are the same size as flying fish.
(b) He hardly glances at the plane as it goes over.
(c) He says out loud that he would never get on one of those things.
(d) He wonders what the sea looks like from that height.
3. Who does the boy fear will defeat the Yankees?
(a) The Cleveland Indians.
(b) The Red Sox.
(c) The Baltimore Orioles.
(d) The White Sox.
4. Why does Santiago wish the marlin would sleep?
(a) So he could catch his supper.
(b) So he could sleep and dream of lions.
(c) So he could get up and walk around.
(d) So he could slowly pull the marlin in.
5. How does the old man get hurt when the fish yanks on the line?
(a) The yank causes his back to ache.
(b) The line cuts his hand where he was holding it.
(c) The line gets tangled around his feet.
(d) The old man falls over and hits his head.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two spots does Santiago hit on the first brown shark?
2. What is the boy's reaction when the proprietor of the Terrace compliments his catch the day before?
3. What marlin does Santiago think about as he considers this fish he has on his line?
4. What does the old man eat to keep up his strength?
5. In great pain from the cold, what does the old man hope for?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)