|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the boy fear will defeat the Yankees?
(a) The Cleveland Indians.
(b) The Red Sox.
(c) The White Sox.
(d) The Baltimore Orioles.
2. What does the old man conclude defeated him?
(a) Nothing. He only went too far out.
(b) Not having the boy with him.
(c) His cramped left hand.
(d) The broken knife blade.
3. Who does Santiago think would be proud of him after he gets the fish lashed to the boat?
(a) The boy.
(c) The great DiMaggio.
(d) The other fishermen in the village.
4. What does Santiago find in the dolphin's maw when he cuts it open?
(a) Two flying fish.
(b) A piece of the marlin's tail.
(c) A small turtle.
(d) A fish hook.
5. What last weapon does Santiago use against the sharks?
(a) A broken bottle.
(b) The mast.
(c) The tiller.
(d) His fists.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens while Santiago and the boy enjoy a beer on the Terrace?
2. What does his cramped hand make Santiago think about the boy?
3. When does the old man hoist his sail?
4. What worries Santiago as he returns to Cuba in the night?
5. How does the old man know the winds will blow all night?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)