|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Santiago plan to be out to sea?
(a) All night.
(b) Before it is light.
(c) By noon.
(d) Right after daybreak.
2. What makes the flying fish jump out of the water and scatter feverishly?
(a) A shark.
(c) The rising sun.
(d) The man-of-war bird circling overhead.
3. Who does Santiago say should get the head of the marlin?
(b) The alcalde.
(c) The boy.
4. What tells Santiago that he is becoming unclear in the head?
(a) He thinks he has two fish on his line.
(b) He thinks he sees the fish turning green.
(c) He tells himself to let the fish go.
(d) He tells the fish to come and kill him.
5. What does the tourist woman think she is seeing as she looks at the fish skeleton?
(a) What is left of a shark.
(b) A biology experiment.
(c) Evidence of a feast the night before.
(d) A fish that died of starvation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What advice does Santiago give the boy about the boat he is now working on?
2. How does the old man console himself as he returns home?
3. What vow does the old man make to the fish?
4. Why does the old man wish to take Joe DiMaggio fishing?
5. What does Santiago reply when the boy asks how much he suffered?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)