|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens by midnight as Santiago returns to the land?
(a) The sharks come in a pack to get the rest of the marlin.
(b) The sharks leave as he gets near the city.
(c) He is able to fight off the sharks in the dark.
(d) His hands are well enough to use both of them with the club.
2. Who does the boy fear will defeat the Yankees?
(a) The White Sox.
(b) The Baltimore Orioles.
(c) The Red Sox.
(d) The Cleveland Indians.
3. Santiago hates these sharks because they were something more than killers like the Mako shark. What is that?
(c) Man eaters.
4. When Santiago spots the shark, what does he know about the predator?
(a) It has no fear and will do whatever it wants.
(b) It will not swim fast enough to catch the boat.
(c) It will try to knock him out of the boat.
(d) It will not bother him if it is not hungry.
5. Why does the boy not go out with the fishing boats the morning of Santiago's return?
(a) He found Santiago dead in his shack.
(b) He was too tired from fishing the day before.
(c) The winds were too strong for the boats to sail that morning.
(d) He wanted to stay on the shore and watch for the old man's return.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Santiago mean when he says that he must think because that is all he has left?
2. How do you know Santiago had never been up in a plane?
3. What happens to Santiago as he carries the mast up the hill?
4. What does the old man speculate he could use to buy good luck?
5. What disappointment does the old man feel because he has been out in his boat for days?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)