|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disappointment does the old man feel because he has been out in his boat for days?
(a) He cannot remember what the boy looks like.
(b) He has not been able to go to the cock fights.
(c) He has not had a beer in two days.
(d) He does not know the baseball game scores.
2. As his head becomes unclear again, what does Santiago ask himself?
(a) What happened to the marlin's dignity?
(b) Why didn't I just tow him behind the skiff?
(c) Is he bringing me in or am I bringing him in?
(d) Why am I not dreaming of lions?
3. What is Santiago missing that will not allow him to attract a flying fish to land in his skiff?
(a) A frying pan.
(b) Flying fish bait.
(c) A light.
(d) Small fishing nets.
4. How old was the boy the first time he went fishing with Santiago?
(a) 15 years old.
(b) 10 years old.
(c) 5 years old.
(d) 7 years old.
5. How do we know the old man sleeps for a very long time?
(a) The boy keeps thinking the old man has died.
(b) The old man talks all day in his sleep.
(c) It is the next morning before he wakes up.
(d) The boy has to re-heat the coffee.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hemingway use Joe DiMaggio's injury to show Santiago's limited education?
2. After eating the raw dolphin, what does the old man promise he will do in the future?
3. When does Santiago plan to be out to sea?
4. What does Santiago plan to do to change his luck?
5. What is Santiago's plan as the fist keeps circling?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)