|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the old man scoop water from the sea after the marlin stops jumping?
(a) To get a small drink.
(b) To medicate his left hand.
(c) To wash the dolphin flesh off his face.
(d) To see the water temperature.
2. What is a favorite topic of conversation for Santiago and the boy?
(b) Spear fishing.
(d) Drinking beer.
3. What does the old man say he has to eat in his shack?
(a) Coconut and barbecue.
(b) Sardines and saltine crackers.
(c) Tuna sandwiches.
(d) Yellow rice and fish.
4. Does Santiago think of the wind as his friend?
(a) No, because it storms a lot in the Caribbean.
(b) No, because it is fickle.
(c) Yes. Sometimes.
(d) Yes, because it is always there.
5. What does Santiago look for as he sails toward the land?
(a) Dangerous reefs he might wreck on.
(b) Sails or smoke from ships.
(c) Evidence of sharks in the water.
(d) Signs of land up ahead.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the marlin slows and is steady, Santiago finally gets some sleep. What does he dream of instead of lions?
2. Why doesn't Santiago put the marlin into his boat?
3. How do you know Santiago had never been up in a plane?
4. How do the brown sharks attack the old man's fish?
5. Why does Santiago decide to re-bait the the small line over the stern of the boat?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)