|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the old man think he could have made better preparation for eating the raw fish?
(a) Chopping it up into smaller pieces.
(b) Splashing sea water on the bow and letting it dry to get the salt.
(c) Soaking it in sea water before eating it.
(d) Cutting it up as soon as he caught it and letting it sun dry.
2. How does Santiago know that he is not dead?
(a) He can bring back the pain in his hands by opening and closing them.
(b) He feels hungry.
(c) He falls down when he tries to get to the tiller.
(d) He pinches himself.
3. What does Santiago have besides his strength?
(a) An unsinkable boat.
(b) Knowledge of many tricks and resolutions.
(c) The very best equipment.
(d) The mind of a fish.
4. When Santiago spots the shark, what does he know about the predator?
(a) It will not swim fast enough to catch the boat.
(b) It will not bother him if it is not hungry.
(c) It has no fear and will do whatever it wants.
(d) It will try to knock him out of the boat.
5. What does Santiago find in the dolphin's maw when he cuts it open?
(a) A piece of the marlin's tail.
(b) A fish hook.
(c) Two flying fish.
(d) A small turtle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Santiago as he lands his boat?
2. What happens to Santiago as he carries the mast up the hill?
3. What is the first thing Santiago asks the boy to bring him when he finally wakes up?
4. How do the brown sharks attack the old man's fish?
5. How does the old man know the winds will blow all night?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)