|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Santiago wish the marlin would sleep?
(a) So he could get up and walk around.
(b) So he could sleep and dream of lions.
(c) So he could catch his supper.
(d) So he could slowly pull the marlin in.
2. How does Santiago console himself after the first shark attack?
(a) That he was still alive.
(b) That he had killed the shark.
(c) That the worst was over.
(d) That it was all a dream.
3. What happens to make the old man forget his aches and pains?
(a) His line breaks.
(b) A storm comes up.
(c) The great fish surfaces.
(d) There is a beautiful sunrise.
4. Why does Santiago decide to re-bait the the small line over the stern of the boat?
(a) In case the marlin lasts another night, he will need something to eat.
(b) He needs to keep busy to get his hand to uncramp.
(c) Anything he catches on the small line will draw the sharks away from the marlin.
(d) He thinks doing that will take him mind off his pains.
5. When Santiago sees the marlin jump out of the water, what does he realize?
(a) It will take another day to bring in this marlin.
(b) He and the marlin are about the same size.
(c) He is no physical match for the marlin.
(d) The marlin is getting very tired and the game is about over.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Santiago dream of?
2. What does the marlin do as the sun rises on the third day?
3. What does Santiago have besides his strength?
4. How did the old man know the marlin had turned eastward?
5. What is Santiago's secret for deep sea fishing?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)