|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Santiago missing that will not allow him to attract a flying fish to land in his skiff?
(a) Flying fish bait.
(b) A frying pan.
(c) A light.
(d) Small fishing nets.
2. As Santiago keeps vigil over his line, what does he wish for?
(a) The dawn.
(b) The food he forgot to bring.
(c) The water bottle.
(d) The boy.
3. After killing the Mako shark, what is Santiago aware of as missing?
(a) His casting net.
(b) The tradewinds.
(c) The feeling in his left hand.
(d) His harpoon.
4. Knowing what is coming as he approaches the island currents, what makeshift weapon does Santiago come up with?
(a) Making a noose out of the fishing line.
(b) Carving one of the oars into a baseball bat.
(c) Lashing his knife to the end of an oar.
(d) Cutting off the marlin's spear to use as a harpoon.
5. What does the old man think about a cramp?
(a) It is something that goes away quickly.
(b) It will make him stop fishing.
(c) It humiliates oneself.
(d) It is better than having to vomit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Santiago feel sorry for the terns?
2. What is the boy's reaction when the proprietor of the Terrace compliments his catch the day before?
3. By nightfall of the third day, what does Santiago expect to see?
4. When do the sharks return after Santiago loses his makeshift harpoon?
5. What does the old man eat to get more strength after he washed his face and hands?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)