|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the old man think about a cramp?
(a) It is something that goes away quickly.
(b) It humiliates oneself.
(c) It will make him stop fishing.
(d) It is better than having to vomit.
2. What amusing thing does the old man say to the fish as the fish begins to come nearer the skiff?
(a) Fish, why don't you just give up?
(b) Fish, don't you understand that you are beaten already?
(c) Fish, you are going to die. Do you have to kill me, too?
(d) Fish, you will look good hanging from my wall.
3. What does Santiago fear if he does not sleep after two days?
(a) That the marlin will come up slowly and eat his dolphin.
(b) That he might die.
(c) That he will fall asleep and go overborad.
(d) That he will become unclear in the head.
4. What worries Santiago as he returns to Cuba in the night?
(a) That people are worrying about him.
(b) That he has been headed the wrong way.
(c) That the bones of the marlin will fall off.
(d) That the boy won't be there to help him.
5. What does Santiago have besides his strength?
(a) The very best equipment.
(b) Knowledge of many tricks and resolutions.
(c) The mind of a fish.
(d) An unsinkable boat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Santiago dream of?
2. While Santiago pulls in the small dolphin he catches on the stern line, what changes does the marlin make?
3. What does Santiago reply when the boy asks how much he suffered?
4. What happens by midnight as Santiago returns to the land?
5. How does Santiago estimate the size of the marlin?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)