|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What early indication does Santiago get that there are fish around where he is?
(a) He sees the fish shimmer in the dawn light.
(b) He sees the man-of-war bird.
(c) He sees the waves get still.
(d) He sees his fishing line moving.
2. What brings the shark towards Santiago's boat?
(a) A school of dolphins following the boat.
(b) The flying fish jumping along side the boat.
(c) A dark cloud of blood from the marlin.
(d) The sound of Santiago talking out loud.
3. What is the meaning of salao?
(a) The champion.
(b) A small room.
(c) Extreme bad luck.
(d) A greeting.
4. Santiago is far out at sea and the fish is from deep waters. What comparison does Santiago make?
(a) They are like to gladiators in the arena.
(b) Both of them are old and past their prime.
(c) There is no one to help either of them.
(d) They must weigh about the same.
5. What is the one thing not beautiful about the Mako shark?
(a) His dorsal fin.
(b) His jaws.
(c) His movements.
(d) His color.
Short Answer Questions
1. What amazes Santiago as the boy talks about their first fishing trip?
2. What does the old man imagine about the marlin if it had been alive?
3. What does Santiago think might have caused the fish to jump so much?
4. While Santiago pulls in the small dolphin he catches on the stern line, what changes does the marlin make?
5. Why does Santiago always dream about lions?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)