|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of sharks came the second time?
(a) Hammer head sharks.
(b) Shovel-nosed sharks.
(c) Great white sharks.
(d) Yellow sharks.
2. What is Santiago doing when the boy returns to his shack?
(a) He is reading the baseball scores.
(b) He is making a new harpoon.
(c) He is looking for something to eat.
(d) He is still sleeping.
3. What is the one thing not beautiful about the Mako shark?
(a) His jaws.
(b) His dorsal fin.
(c) His movements.
(d) His color.
4. What are Santiago's last three weapons he can use against the sharks?
(a) The oars, the anchor, and some line.
(b) Two oars, the tiller, and a short club.
(c) A broken knife, some big fish hooks, and the oars.
(d) The broken water bottle, the oars, and a club.
5. What does Santiago find in the dolphin's maw when he cuts it open?
(a) Two flying fish.
(b) A small turtle.
(c) A piece of the marlin's tail.
(d) A fish hook.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Santiago realize the depth of his tiredness?
2. Why does Santiago think he may have to fight again before he reaches Havana?
3. What does the old man think he killed the fish for besides food and to keep himself alive?
4. How does he know which way to sail?
5. Why does the boy not go out with the fishing boats the morning of Santiago's return?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)