|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the boy order for Santiago at the Terrace Cafe?
(a) A bag of ice to help bring down his fever.
(b) Hot coffee with plenty of milk and sugar.
(c) Yellow rice and fried fish.
(d) Two bottles of warm beer.
2. What are Santiago's last three weapons he can use against the sharks?
(a) The oars, the anchor, and some line.
(b) The broken water bottle, the oars, and a club.
(c) A broken knife, some big fish hooks, and the oars.
(d) Two oars, the tiller, and a short club.
3. What does Santiago promise that he cannot do right at the moment?
(a) Always bring the boy with him.
(b) Get himself a larger boat.
(c) Go to church every morning.
(d) Say a hundred Our Fathers and a hundred Hail Marys.
4. Even though the boy can no longer fish with Santiago, how does he show his loyalty?
(a) He helps Santiago repaint his boat.
(b) He gives Santiago a new sail for his boat.
(c) He goes every day to help him unload his equipment.
(d) He invites him to his parents' house for supper.
5. Why does the old man wish to take Joe DiMaggio fishing?
(a) He thinks DiMaggio would be good at clubbing sharks to death.
(b) He heard that DiMaggio's father was a fisherman.
(c) He would like to talk about baseball while he fished.
(d) He wants to get free tickets to a Yankee game.
Short Answer Questions
1. As he heads home and stops to look back, what does Santiago see?
2. What does the old man say he has to eat in his shack?
3. How thick is the line the old man uses to catch big fish?
4. What does Santiago mean when he says that he must think because that is all he has left?
5. Who helps Santiago as he lands his boat?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)