|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hemingway use Joe DiMaggio's injury to show Santiago's limited education?
(a) He thinks DiMaggio can poke out a catcher's eye.
(b) He has no idea what a bone spur is.
(c) He thinks DiMaggio has chicken feet.
(d) He pretends to know what a bone spur is.
2. What does Santiago wish he could show the fish?
(a) How his hand was cramped.
(b) What manner of man the fish was up against.
(c) His club he would use to kill the fish.
(d) How many fathoms of line he had in the boat.
3. After many tries to get the marlin alongside the skiff, what does Santiago reach for?
(a) His large casting net.
(b) His water bottle.
(c) Another bite of flying fish.
(d) His harpoon.
4. What marlin does Santiago think about as he considers this fish he has on his line?
(a) The marlin he and the boy caught 86 days ago.
(b) The first marlin he ever caught.
(c) A marlin that once broke his line and got away.
(d) A female marlin that her mate kept jumping up to see where she was.
5. What last weapon does Santiago use against the sharks?
(a) The mast.
(b) The tiller.
(c) A broken bottle.
(d) His fists.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the boy's name?
2. What does the old man think about to build up his courage as the sun sets on the second day?
3. How does the old man know the winds will blow all night?
4. How does he know which way to sail?
5. What does the old man eat to get more strength after he washed his face and hands?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)