|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Santiago wish the marlin would sleep?
(a) So he could get up and walk around.
(b) So he could sleep and dream of lions.
(c) So he could slowly pull the marlin in.
(d) So he could catch his supper.
2. What does Santiago do when another fish takes the bait on another line?
(a) He laughs at his good luck.
(b) He cuts it loose.
(c) He drops anchor.
(d) He hopes it is small enough to attract other big fish.
3. What does Santiago consider as his principal friends on the ocean?
(a) The song birds.
(b) The dolphins.
(c) The giant turtles.
(d) The flying fish.
4. When the fish begins circling, what does the old man do?
(a) He runs up the skiff's sail.
(b) He gives the fish more line.
(c) He carefuly starts pulling in the line.
(d) He ties down the line to wait for the fish to tire.
5. What does the tourist woman think she is seeing as she looks at the fish skeleton?
(a) Evidence of a feast the night before.
(b) A biology experiment.
(c) A fish that died of starvation.
(d) What is left of a shark.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Santiago finally see the lights of the city?
2. What amazes Santiago as the boy talks about their first fishing trip?
3. What does the fisherman say about the marlin to the boy?
4. Why does the boy stop fishing with Santiago?
5. When do the sharks return after Santiago loses his makeshift harpoon?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)