|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Santiago plan to do to change his luck?
(a) He takes his lucky charms with him.
(b) He gets the priest to bless his boat.
(c) He plans to row far out to fish.
(d) He buys a new sail for his boat.
2. When does Santiago finally see the lights of the city?
(a) After the moon rises.
(b) Early the next morning before dawn.
(c) Just as he is about to give up.
(d) About ten at night.
3. Does Santiago think of the wind as his friend?
(a) No, because it is fickle.
(b) Yes. Sometimes.
(c) No, because it storms a lot in the Caribbean.
(d) Yes, because it is always there.
4. Because Santiago always wakes the boy every morning, what does the boy call him?
(a) My tormentor.
(b) My alarm clock.
(c) My morning visitor.
(d) My big problem.
5. During the time Santiago had the marlin on his line, what does he think the marlin does not know?
(a) That it is possible for him to work the hook out of his mouth.
(b) That he has no chance to escape from the hook and line.
(c) That the boat is not just another big fish.
(d) That there is a man on the other end of the line and the man is old.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the old man think is a greater punishment for the marlin than the hook in his mouth?
2. What does the tourist woman think she is seeing as she looks at the fish skeleton?
3. What happens to make the old man forget his aches and pains?
4. Why does the old man scoop water from the sea after the marlin stops jumping?
5. As he heads home and stops to look back, what does Santiago see?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)