|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In great pain from the cold, what does the old man hope for?
(a) That the wind will pick up.
(b) That he will not have to fight the sharks again.
(c) That a boat will come out and help him.
(d) That there is a cold beer waiting for him.
2. What promise does the old man make if he brings in the fish?
(a) He will never go fishing again.
(b) He will make a pilgrimmage to the Virgin of Cobre.
(c) He will demand that the boy's parents let him come back to him.
(d) He will invite the whole village for a fish dinner.
3. Using the makeshift bat, what is the old man able to do?
(a) Beat the sharks to death.
(b) Keep them away from the marlin.
(c) Hurt the sharks badly.
(d) Scare the sharks away.
4. When Santiago spots the shark, what does he know about the predator?
(a) It will not swim fast enough to catch the boat.
(b) It will try to knock him out of the boat.
(c) It has no fear and will do whatever it wants.
(d) It will not bother him if it is not hungry.
5. What is the one thing not beautiful about the Mako shark?
(a) His dorsal fin.
(b) His jaws.
(c) His color.
(d) His movements.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Santiago so sure that the Yankees will win their next games?
2. How does he know which way to sail?
3. How long had their last dry spell lasted before the old man and the boy caught some good fish?
4. What does the old man think about a cramp?
5. What is a favorite topic of conversation for Santiago and the boy?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)