|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What amusing thing does the old man say to the fish as the fish begins to come nearer the skiff?
(a) Fish, you are going to die. Do you have to kill me, too?
(b) Fish, why don't you just give up?
(c) Fish, you will look good hanging from my wall.
(d) Fish, don't you understand that you are beaten already?
2. How long had their last dry spell lasted before the old man and the boy caught some good fish?
(a) 84 days.
(b) 86 days.
(c) 67 days.
(d) 64 days.
3. As his head becomes unclear again, what does Santiago ask himself?
(a) Is he bringing me in or am I bringing him in?
(b) Why didn't I just tow him behind the skiff?
(c) Why am I not dreaming of lions?
(d) What happened to the marlin's dignity?
4. When Santiago spots the shark, what does he know about the predator?
(a) It has no fear and will do whatever it wants.
(b) It will not swim fast enough to catch the boat.
(c) It will try to knock him out of the boat.
(d) It will not bother him if it is not hungry.
5. What does Santiago find in the dolphin's maw when he cuts it open?
(a) A small turtle.
(b) A fish hook.
(c) A piece of the marlin's tail.
(d) Two flying fish.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Santiago console himself after the first shark attack?
2. What does the old man call the business of getting the marlin lashed to the skiff?
3. What assistance for the old man does the boy try to get?
4. What early indication does Santiago get that there are fish around where he is?
5. When does the old man hoist his sail?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)