|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As he heads home and stops to look back, what does Santiago see?
(a) Small sharks trying to get the last of the meat off the marlin.
(b) Gulls swarming around his boat.
(c) Nothing, because there is no light.
(d) The skeleton of the great fish lashed to the skiff.
2. What does the old man think is a greater punishment for the marlin than the hook in his mouth?
(a) Hunger and fighting something he does no comprehend.
(b) Sharks that he cannot escape because of the hook and line.
(c) The fact that he cannot sleep.
(d) The indignity of being caught by a man.
3. What last weapon does Santiago use against the sharks?
(a) The tiller.
(b) A broken bottle.
(c) His fists.
(d) The mast.
4. Why does Santiago wish the marlin would sleep?
(a) So he could slowly pull the marlin in.
(b) So he could catch his supper.
(c) So he could sleep and dream of lions.
(d) So he could get up and walk around.
5. Does Santiago think of the wind as his friend?
(a) Yes, because it is always there.
(b) No, because it storms a lot in the Caribbean.
(c) Yes. Sometimes.
(d) No, because it is fickle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a favorite topic of conversation for Santiago and the boy?
2. What does Santiago look for as he sails toward the land?
3. How long does Santiago think he will be out to sea the morning he leaves to go far out?
4. How long had Santiago gone without catching a fish?
5. What does Santiago dream of?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)