|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many rows of teeth does the Mako shark have?
2. Santiago is pinned down and the line is rushing out around his back and through his hand, cutting them. What makes him think about the boy?
(a) The boy would have kept the line wet so that they did not cut his hands.
(b) The boy would have taken over for him and let him go back to sleep.
(c) The boy would harpoon the marlin as it jumped out of the water.
(d) The boy would talk to him and keep him awake.
3. What does the boy order for Santiago at the Terrace Cafe?
(a) Two bottles of warm beer.
(b) A bag of ice to help bring down his fever.
(c) Hot coffee with plenty of milk and sugar.
(d) Yellow rice and fried fish.
4. How does the old man think he could have made better preparation for eating the raw fish?
(a) Cutting it up as soon as he caught it and letting it sun dry.
(b) Splashing sea water on the bow and letting it dry to get the salt.
(c) Chopping it up into smaller pieces.
(d) Soaking it in sea water before eating it.
5. What does Santiago have besides his strength?
(a) The very best equipment.
(b) Knowledge of many tricks and resolutions.
(c) The mind of a fish.
(d) An unsinkable boat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Santiago mean when he says that he must think because that is all he has left?
2. What advice does Santiago give the boy about the boat he is now working on?
3. What does the shadow of a passing airplane do on the surface of the sea?
4. What does Santiago mean when he thinks that man is not made for defeat?
5. How does the old man know the winds will blow all night?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)