|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Santiago decide to re-bait the the small line over the stern of the boat?
(a) Anything he catches on the small line will draw the sharks away from the marlin.
(b) In case the marlin lasts another night, he will need something to eat.
(c) He thinks doing that will take him mind off his pains.
(d) He needs to keep busy to get his hand to uncramp.
2. While Santiago pulls in the small dolphin he catches on the stern line, what changes does the marlin make?
(a) He changes course and heads south.
(b) He picks up speed.
(c) He starts going in circles.
(d) None. He continues to swim steadily.
3. How long does Santiago think he will be out to sea the morning he leaves to go far out?
(a) One day.
(b) Only that morning.
(c) Two days.
(d) Three days.
4. How thick is the line the old man uses to catch big fish?
(a) About as thick as an oar handle.
(b) As big around as a pencil.
(c) A big around as his thumb.
(d) Very small but strong.
5. What does Santiago fear if he does not sleep after two days?
(a) That he might die.
(b) That the marlin will come up slowly and eat his dolphin.
(c) That he will fall asleep and go overborad.
(d) That he will become unclear in the head.
Short Answer Questions
1. Using the makeshift bat, what is the old man able to do?
2. What does Santiago have besides his strength?
3. What does Santiago like to read in the newspaper?
4. What is Santiago missing that will not allow him to attract a flying fish to land in his skiff?
5. What does the old man think about to build up his courage as the sun sets on the second day?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)