|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the old man eat to get more strength after he washed his face and hands?
(a) The cleaned flying fish.
(b) The bad smelling dolphin.
(c) Some jerky he forgot he had in his pocket.
(d) A jellyfish.
2. What does Santiago do when another fish takes the bait on another line?
(a) He cuts it loose.
(b) He laughs at his good luck.
(c) He hopes it is small enough to attract other big fish.
(d) He drops anchor.
3. How does Santiago know that he is not dead?
(a) He pinches himself.
(b) He feels hungry.
(c) He falls down when he tries to get to the tiller.
(d) He can bring back the pain in his hands by opening and closing them.
4. How does the old man get hurt when the fish yanks on the line?
(a) The line gets tangled around his feet.
(b) The yank causes his back to ache.
(c) The old man falls over and hits his head.
(d) The line cuts his hand where he was holding it.
5. What worries Santiago as he returns to Cuba in the night?
(a) That the bones of the marlin will fall off.
(b) That the boy won't be there to help him.
(c) That he has been headed the wrong way.
(d) That people are worrying about him.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Santiago spots the shark, what does he know about the predator?
2. During the time Santiago had the marlin on his line, what does he think the marlin does not know?
3. What does Santiago think is unjust but something he must do?
4. What kind of sharks came the second time?
5. What does Santiago think might have caused the fish to jump so much?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)