Objective: The student will appreciate the literary uniqueness of The Old Man and the Sea.
1) 1. The teacher will be prepared to discuss Hemingway with the class.
2. The teacher will have the students select some of Hemingway's sentences and discuss how they are short and to the point.
3. The teacher will be prepared to discuss the Pulitzer Prize for Literature and Hemingway's winning right after The Old Man and the Sea was published.
Read the entire novella before class tomorrow.
Write down what you think the main theme of the book is.
Objective: The student will identify the theme of The Old Man and the Sea. The student will make character analyses of Santiago and Manolin.
1) 1. The teacher will ask random students to read their ideas as to the theme of the novella.
2. The class will discuss and define the theme of man versus nature.
This section contains 4,643 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)