* The old man, Santiago, is pictured as being very unlucky.
* The boy, Manolin, is sad because his parents forbid him to go out with Santiago again.
* The boy continues to visit Santiago and help him load and unload his boat every day.
* Even though the boy has gotten permission to go out with Santiago again, the old man urges him to stay with the lucky boat.
* Manolin reminds Santiago of their last spell of bad luck and how it all ended well.
* Santiago assures the boy that he knows he did not leave out of disloyalty.
* On the Terrace, where they drink beer, the fishermen are making fun of Santiago.
* Santiago and the boy talk about how Manolin was only five years old the first time he went to see with the old man.
* They recall catching a fish that was too large for...
This section contains 1,687 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)