|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what religion was La Luna raised?
2. Which of the following does NOT describe the outfit Pancho Villa is wearing when he arrives to speak with American reporters?
3. Why did La Luna's husband lose interest in her?
4. What relationship does Harriet claim to have with the old gringo in front of Pancho Villa?
5. After the old gringo dies, what freak weather occurs in the desert?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Harriet had many male suitors in her lifetime yet found she was unable to settle down. Choose two suitors that courted Harriet, describe them, and compare and contrast their methods of wooing this woman. Finally, explain why Harriet ends up alone and lonely by the end of the novel.
Essay Topic 2
La Luna and La GarduÃ±a each play significant roles in the life of General Arroyo. Give a brief description of each woman, and explain their histories with General Arroyo. Then, explain how his relationship with each of these women affected General Arroyo in his military negotiations.
Essay Topic 3
Marksmanship among the male characters in the novel is thought to be the highest skill of strength. Choose two scenes in which marksmanship of characters is evaluated, and explain why this skill would be so heavily sought in the Mexican Revolution.
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)