Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what type of bed did Arroyo sleep when he was a child?
2. What does Harriet think is living inside the bodies of all living people?
3. What does Harriet call "the enemy of life"?
4. What relationship does Harriet claim to have with the old gringo in front of Pancho Villa?
5. What does Harriet make Arroyo promise to never do, lest she never forgive him?
Marksmanship among the male characters in the novel is thought to be the highest skill of strength. Choose two scenes in which marksmanship of characters is evaluated, and explain why this skill would be so heavily sought in the Mexican Revolution.
The old gringo has many names in the course of the novel: the old gringo, the American, and Ambrose Bierce. Explain how the old gringo gained each of these three names, and explain what each of the names means to him as a character.
La Luna and La GarduÃ±a each play significant roles in the life of General Arroyo. Give a brief description of each woman, and explain their histories with General Arroyo. Then, explain how his relationship with each of these women affected General Arroyo in his military negotiations.
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)