|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gave young Arroyo the box of papers that declared him rightful owner of the hacienda?
(a) Don Graciano.
(b) His father.
(c) Inocencio Mansalvo.
(d) La Luna.
2. After the old gringo returns from battle and goes to greet Harriet, what has she just finished doing?
3. What object belonging to Arroyo does the old gringo destroy moments before his death?
(a) His box of jewels.
(b) His rifle.
(c) His wooden box full of papers.
(d) His soldier uniform.
4. What did Pancho Villa do for a living before he became a revolutionary?
(a) He was a cattle herder.
(b) He was a blacksmith.
(c) He was a day laborer at the hacienda.
(d) He was a tailor.
5. How old is the girl that Harriet saves by sucking phlegm out of her throat?
(a) She is fifteen.
(b) She is ten.
(c) She is five.
(d) She is an infant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harriet set out into the hallway to teach the servants about temptation?
2. Who had been spreading the rumors about an American soldier fighting alongside the Mexican revolutionaries?
3. What type of dog was penned in with Arroyo when he was hiding in La Luna's home?
4. What is the one room that Arroyo does NOT destroy when he burns the hacienda to the ground?
5. Which woman runs up the arriving soldiers and immediately begins flirting with them?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)