|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Arroyo feel is keeping him prisoner in his adulthood?
(a) His race.
(b) His lack of a father.
(c) His inability to read.
(d) His role in the revolution.
2. After the old gringo dies, what freak weather occurs in the desert?
(a) It snows.
(b) It rains.
(c) A tornado strikes.
(d) It hails.
3. What does Harriet think Arroyo smells like?
(a) A horse stable.
(b) Over-ripe fruit.
(c) Sea side mist.
4. What does La Luna use to muffle the sound of her voice when she is gossiping with Harriet?
(a) A pillow.
(b) A faucet of running water.
(c) A record player.
(d) A violin.
5. Before leaving, how long did Arroyo live on the hacienda?
(a) Twenty years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Forty years.
(d) Thirty years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What object belonging to Arroyo does the old gringo destroy moments before his death?
2. How does the old gringo feel when he thinks back on his time in the Civil War?
3. What does the old gringo think is the one factor that permeates all relationships?
4. Which of the following does NOT describe the outfit Pancho Villa is wearing when he arrives to speak with American reporters?
5. What relationship does Harriet claim to have with the old gringo in front of Pancho Villa?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)