|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the soldiers react to Arroyo's killing of the old gringo?
(a) None of these answers is correct.
(b) They rise up against him.
(c) They desert him.
(d) They urge him to move forward with the revolution.
2. What does don Graciano allow young Arroyo to hold while he is working in the hacienda?
(a) A crucifix.
(b) A set of keys.
(c) A bundle of clean rags.
(d) A copy of Don Quixote.
3. How does Arroyo kill the old gringo?
(a) He beats him to death.
(b) He stabs him.
(c) He shoots him.
(d) He strangles him.
4. When Harriet is dancing with Arroyo, whom does she imagine she is dancing with?
(a) The President.
(b) Her brother.
(c) The old gringo
(d) Her father.
5. Which woman runs up the arriving soldiers and immediately begins flirting with them?
(b) La Luna.
(c) La Garduña.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does General Arroyo pull his hat down and his serape up?
2. Which of the following items does NOT adorn the statue of Jesus hanging on the cross during the Mexican fiesta?
3. What does the old gringo think is the one factor that permeates all relationships?
4. Which character's real name is Ambrose Bierce?
5. How does Harriet feel after she makes love to Arroyo?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)