|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Arroyo hope Harriet will take back to America with her?
(a) Nothing, Arroyo hopes Harriet will never leave.
(b) Memories of Mexico.
(d) The Mexican children.
2. When Harriet returns to what she left in the hallway, how much has been stolen?
(a) Some of it.
(b) Over half of it.
(c) None of it.
(d) All of it.
3. What does Harriet think the old gringo smells like?
(a) A garden of lilac.
(b) A fresh bath.
(c) A ray of sunshine.
(d) A sandy shore.
4. What object belonging to Arroyo does the old gringo destroy moments before his death?
(a) His rifle.
(b) His wooden box full of papers.
(c) His soldier uniform.
(d) His box of jewels.
5. Who gave young Arroyo the box of papers that declared him rightful owner of the hacienda?
(a) Inocencio Mansalvo.
(b) La Luna.
(c) His father.
(d) Don Graciano.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harriet share with the old gringo, which makes her cling to him in Mexico?
2. What does La Luna say women are that men are not?
3. What type of dog was penned in with Arroyo when he was hiding in La Luna's home?
4. When Harriet is forced to dance with Arroyo in the ballroom, where does she imagine that she is?
5. Which character's real name is Ambrose Bierce?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)