|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Harriet have the servants set to sweeping up the ashes in the hacienda?
(a) So they no longer track dirty footprints through the house.
(b) To clean out the dance floor for a competition.
(c) So that they no longer must eat ashes in their food.
(d) To prepare for the Mirandas' return.
2. Which of the following best describes La Luna's husband?
3. What does Harriet make Arroyo promise to never do, lest she never forgive him?
(a) Kill the old gringo.
(b) Abandon the revolution.
(c) Fall in love with her.
(d) Move away from Mexico.
4. How old is the girl that Harriet saves by sucking phlegm out of her throat?
(a) She is fifteen.
(b) She is ten.
(c) She is an infant.
(d) She is five.
5. What type of dog was penned in with Arroyo when he was hiding in La Luna's home?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what room of La Luna's home did General Arroyo hide during the early days of the revolution?
2. In the dream Arroyo has in which his mother is legally married to his father, what becomes of his father's other wife?
3. Before leaving, how long did Arroyo live on the hacienda?
4. What look does Colonel Frutos García claim is written all over the old gringo's face?
5. What does Harriet think is living inside the bodies of all living people?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)