|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the one room that Arroyo does NOT destroy when he burns the hacienda to the ground?
(a) The ballroom.
(b) The servants' quarters.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The stables.
2. Why does Harriet have the servants set to sweeping up the ashes in the hacienda?
(a) So they no longer track dirty footprints through the house.
(b) So that they no longer must eat ashes in their food.
(c) To prepare for the Mirandas' return.
(d) To clean out the dance floor for a competition.
3. What relationship does Harriet claim to have with the old gringo in front of Pancho Villa?
(b) Best friends.
4. What type of man does Arroyo view as the most dangerous kind in the world?
(a) A stupid man.
(b) An egocentric man.
(c) A cowardly man.
(d) A brave man.
5. Pancho Villa jokes with reporters about relocating north to where?
(a) To California.
(b) To Arizona.
(c) To Nevada.
(d) To Texas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Arroyo feel is keeping him prisoner in his adulthood?
2. When do the Mexican people take siesta?
3. What object belonging to Arroyo does the old gringo destroy moments before his death?
4. Why did La Luna's husband lose interest in her?
5. When Harriet is forced to dance with Arroyo in the ballroom, where does she imagine that she is?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)