|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does La Luna use to muffle the sound of her voice when she is gossiping with Harriet?
(a) A faucet of running water.
(b) A violin.
(c) A record player.
(d) A pillow.
2. How old is the girl that Harriet saves by sucking phlegm out of her throat?
(a) She is an infant.
(b) She is ten.
(c) She is fifteen.
(d) She is five.
3. In what room of La Luna's home did General Arroyo hide during the early days of the revolution?
(a) In her attic.
(b) In her bathroom.
(c) In her basement.
(d) In her closet.
4. What sound do the old gringo and Harriet hear, which they think is gunshots?
(b) Blacksmith hammers.
(d) Horses galloping by.
5. After the old gringo returns from battle and goes to greet Harriet, what has she just finished doing?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Arroyo hope Harriet will take back to America with her?
2. What does don Graciano allow young Arroyo to hold while he is working in the hacienda?
3. How long does Arroyo wait in La Luna's house without food?
4. What does Harriet share with the old gringo, which makes her cling to him in Mexico?
5. What is the one room that Arroyo does NOT destroy when he burns the hacienda to the ground?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)