|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pancho Villa jokes with reporters about relocating north to where?
(a) To Nevada.
(b) To Arizona.
(c) To California.
(d) To Texas.
2. Who accompanies Harriet to the chapel where she must pick up the old gringo's body?
(a) La Luna.
(c) La Garduña.
(d) Inocencio Mansalvo.
3. Which of the following does NOT describe the outfit Pancho Villa is wearing when he arrives to speak with American reporters?
(a) Covered in silver and gold buttons.
(b) Covered in zippers.
(c) Made of black buckskin.
(d) Covered in buckles.
4. What is the one room that Arroyo does NOT destroy when he burns the hacienda to the ground?
(a) The servants' quarters.
(b) The ballroom.
(c) The stables.
(d) The kitchen.
5. What sound do the old gringo and Harriet hear, which they think is gunshots?
(a) Blacksmith hammers.
(d) Horses galloping by.
Short Answer Questions
1. How can the old gringo tell that La Luna is an educated woman?
2. What does La Luna use to muffle the sound of her voice when she is gossiping with Harriet?
3. When Harriet is forced to dance with Arroyo in the ballroom, where does she imagine that she is?
4. What object belonging to Arroyo does the old gringo destroy moments before his death?
5. What does Harriet share with the old gringo, which makes her cling to him in Mexico?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)