|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does NOT describe the outfit Pancho Villa is wearing when he arrives to speak with American reporters?
(a) Covered in silver and gold buttons.
(b) Made of black buckskin.
(c) Covered in buckles.
(d) Covered in zippers.
2. What sound do the old gringo and Harriet hear, which they think is gunshots?
(b) Blacksmith hammers.
(c) Horses galloping by.
3. What does Harriet share with the old gringo, which makes her cling to him in Mexico?
(a) A love for literature.
(b) A fear of the Mexicans.
(c) American roots.
(d) The desire to travel.
4. Which of the following is NOT an adjective that Arroyo uses to describe his mother?
5. How did Arroyo plan to shame his father?
(a) By refusing to help his father when he was in need.
(b) By stealing all of his father's belongings.
(c) By denying that he was his father's son.
(d) By not looking at him when he died.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gave young Arroyo the box of papers that declared him rightful owner of the hacienda?
2. What reason does Colonel García give Pedro for the women waiting in line outside the village?
3. What look does Colonel Frutos García claim is written all over the old gringo's face?
4. How does the old gringo feel about Harriet's relationship with Arroyo?
5. What object belonging to Arroyo does the old gringo destroy moments before his death?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)