|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the dream Arroyo has in which his mother is legally married to his father, what becomes of his father's other wife?
(a) She is a beggar.
(b) She is a spinster.
(c) She is a teacher.
(d) She is a tailor.
2. What object belonging to Arroyo does the old gringo destroy moments before his death?
(a) His wooden box full of papers.
(b) His rifle.
(c) His soldier uniform.
(d) His box of jewels.
3. Why did La Luna's husband lose interest in her?
(a) Because she was illiterate.
(b) Because she was boring.
(c) Because she was barren.
(d) Because she was unfaithful.
4. When Harriet is dancing with Arroyo, whom does she imagine she is dancing with?
(a) The old gringo
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her father.
(d) The President.
5. What sound do the old gringo and Harriet hear, which they think is gunshots?
(a) Horses galloping by.
(c) Blacksmith hammers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harriet share with the old gringo, which makes her cling to him in Mexico?
2. Why does General Arroyo pull his hat down and his serape up?
3. Before leaving, how long did Arroyo live on the hacienda?
4. What does Arroyo feel is keeping him prisoner in his adulthood?
5. What does Arroyo hope Harriet will take back to America with her?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)