|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Harriet have the servants set to sweeping up the ashes in the hacienda?
(a) To prepare for the Mirandas' return.
(b) To clean out the dance floor for a competition.
(c) So that they no longer must eat ashes in their food.
(d) So they no longer track dirty footprints through the house.
2. In what city does Pancho Villa promise to help the revolutionary soldiers if they get "bogged down" in their battle?
3. How old is the girl that Harriet saves by sucking phlegm out of her throat?
(a) She is an infant.
(b) She is ten.
(c) She is fifteen.
(d) She is five.
4. What does Harriet think Arroyo smells like?
(a) Over-ripe fruit.
(c) A horse stable.
(d) Sea side mist.
5. Which character's real name is Ambrose Bierce?
(a) Raul Walsh.
(b) Inocencio Mansalvo.
(c) None of the answers is correct.
(d) The old gringo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who holds Harriet back when she tries to chase Arroyo away from killing the old gringo?
2. Who had been spreading the rumors about an American soldier fighting alongside the Mexican revolutionaries?
3. What does the old gringo think is the one factor that permeates all relationships?
4. How does the old gringo feel when he thinks back on his time in the Civil War?
5. What does Harriet think is living inside the bodies of all living people?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)