|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Harriet feel after she makes love to Arroyo?
2. Whom will the Old Gringo be buried next to?
(a) The old gringo's daughter.
(b) The old gringo's wife.
(c) Harriet's mother.
(d) Harriet's father.
3. What does Harriet call "the enemy of life"?
4. What is the one room that Arroyo does NOT destroy when he burns the hacienda to the ground?
(a) The servants' quarters.
(b) The ballroom.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The stables.
5. Who gave young Arroyo the box of papers that declared him rightful owner of the hacienda?
(a) Don Graciano.
(b) His father.
(c) Inocencio Mansalvo.
(d) La Luna.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the soldiers react to Arroyo's killing of the old gringo?
2. Who accompanies Harriet to the chapel where she must pick up the old gringo's body?
3. On what day of the week did La Luna's servants line up to be paid?
4. When Harriet is forced to dance with Arroyo in the ballroom, where does she imagine that she is?
5. In what Mexican city does Pancho Villa arrive to interact with the American Press?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)