|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harriet share with the old gringo, which makes her cling to him in Mexico?
(a) A fear of the Mexicans.
(b) A love for literature.
(c) American roots.
(d) The desire to travel.
2. What does Harriet think the old gringo smells like?
(a) A ray of sunshine.
(b) A sandy shore.
(c) A garden of lilac.
(d) A fresh bath.
3. What does don Graciano allow young Arroyo to hold while he is working in the hacienda?
(a) A crucifix.
(b) A set of keys.
(c) A copy of Don Quixote.
(d) A bundle of clean rags.
4. In what Mexican city does Pancho Villa arrive to interact with the American Press?
(c) Mexico City.
5. Which woman runs up the arriving soldiers and immediately begins flirting with them?
(a) La Garduña.
(c) La Luna.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Harriet is dancing with Arroyo, whom does she imagine she is dancing with?
2. Which of the following does NOT describe the outfit Pancho Villa is wearing when he arrives to speak with American reporters?
3. Before leaving, how long did Arroyo live on the hacienda?
4. How do the soldiers react to Arroyo's killing of the old gringo?
5. Whom will the Old Gringo be buried next to?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)