|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harriet think Arroyo smells like?
(a) A horse stable.
(c) Over-ripe fruit.
(d) Sea side mist.
2. Why did La Luna's husband lose interest in her?
(a) Because she was barren.
(b) Because she was boring.
(c) Because she was unfaithful.
(d) Because she was illiterate.
3. What type of dog was penned in with Arroyo when he was hiding in La Luna's home?
4. Which of the following does NOT describe the outfit Pancho Villa is wearing when he arrives to speak with American reporters?
(a) Covered in zippers.
(b) Made of black buckskin.
(c) Covered in buckles.
(d) Covered in silver and gold buttons.
5. Which character's real name is Ambrose Bierce?
(a) Inocencio Mansalvo.
(b) Raul Walsh.
(c) The old gringo.
(d) None of the answers is correct.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harriet think the old gringo smells like?
2. Whom does Arroyo think Harriet smells like?
3. What does the old gringo think is the one factor that permeates all relationships?
4. How long does Arroyo wait in La Luna's house without food?
5. What reason does Colonel García give Pedro for the women waiting in line outside the village?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)