|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does General Arroyo pull his hat down and his serape up?
(a) He is brooding on possibilities.
(b) He is in a fury.
(c) He is weeping.
(d) He is napping.
2. When Harriet is forced to dance with Arroyo in the ballroom, where does she imagine that she is?
(a) Back in Washington.
(b) Back in New York.
(c) In heaven.
(d) Down by the sea.
3. Which of the following is the name Pancho Villa had before he became famous?
(a) Doroteo Arango.
(b) Marcus Olivarez.
(c) Frederico Mansalvo.
(d) Felipe Forzán.
4. How do the soldiers react to Arroyo's killing of the old gringo?
(a) They desert him.
(b) They urge him to move forward with the revolution.
(c) None of these answers is correct.
(d) They rise up against him.
5. Where is Arroyo's father's dead body hung to rot?
(a) Over the city's fence.
(b) From a tree.
(c) At the Mexico/America border.
(d) In a well.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which woman runs up the arriving soldiers and immediately begins flirting with them?
2. Who gave young Arroyo the box of papers that declared him rightful owner of the hacienda?
3. Which of the following best describes La Luna's husband?
4. What does Harriet call "the enemy of life"?
5. Which character's real name is Ambrose Bierce?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)