|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where will Arroyo's body be buried?
(a) He will be cremated, with his ashes scattered throughout Mexico.
(b) In an unmarked grave in the desert.
(c) Beneath the hacienda.
(d) He will be buried at sea.
2. What does Arroyo hope Harriet will take back to America with her?
(a) Memories of Mexico.
(c) Nothing, Arroyo hopes Harriet will never leave.
(d) The Mexican children.
3. What sound do the old gringo and Harriet hear, which they think is gunshots?
(a) Blacksmith hammers.
(d) Horses galloping by.
4. What does Harriet share with the old gringo, which makes her cling to him in Mexico?
(a) A love for literature.
(b) American roots.
(c) The desire to travel.
(d) A fear of the Mexicans.
5. Why did La Luna's husband lose interest in her?
(a) Because she was illiterate.
(b) Because she was barren.
(c) Because she was boring.
(d) Because she was unfaithful.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Pancho Villa do for a living before he became a revolutionary?
2. When Harriet is forced to dance with Arroyo in the ballroom, where does she imagine that she is?
3. Who had been spreading the rumors about an American soldier fighting alongside the Mexican revolutionaries?
4. On what type of bed did Arroyo sleep when he was a child?
5. What look does Colonel Frutos García claim is written all over the old gringo's face?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)