|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what type of bed did Arroyo sleep when he was a child?
(a) There was no bed. Arroyo slept on the floor.
(b) A bale of hay.
(c) A mat.
(d) A feather bed.
2. After the old gringo dies, what freak weather occurs in the desert?
(a) It snows.
(b) A tornado strikes.
(c) It rains.
(d) It hails.
3. Which character's real name is Ambrose Bierce?
(a) None of the answers is correct.
(b) Inocencio Mansalvo.
(c) The old gringo.
(d) Raul Walsh.
4. When Harriet returns to what she left in the hallway, how much has been stolen?
(a) Some of it.
(b) None of it.
(c) All of it.
(d) Over half of it.
5. Who holds Harriet back when she tries to chase Arroyo away from killing the old gringo?
(a) La Luna.
(c) Inocencio Mansalvo.
(d) La Garduña.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes La Luna's husband?
2. What reason does Colonel García give Pedro for the women waiting in line outside the village?
3. In what religion was La Luna raised?
4. How old is the girl that Harriet saves by sucking phlegm out of her throat?
5. What object belonging to Arroyo does the old gringo destroy moments before his death?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)