|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harriet think Arroyo smells like?
(a) Over-ripe fruit.
(b) Sea side mist.
(c) A horse stable.
2. What does Arroyo feel is keeping him prisoner in his adulthood?
(a) His inability to read.
(b) His race.
(c) His role in the revolution.
(d) His lack of a father.
3. What does Harriet share with the old gringo, which makes her cling to him in Mexico?
(a) American roots.
(b) A fear of the Mexicans.
(c) A love for literature.
(d) The desire to travel.
4. What type of man does Arroyo view as the most dangerous kind in the world?
(a) A stupid man.
(b) A brave man.
(c) A cowardly man.
(d) An egocentric man.
5. When Harriet is forced to dance with Arroyo in the ballroom, where does she imagine that she is?
(a) Back in New York.
(b) Back in Washington.
(c) In heaven.
(d) Down by the sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Arroyo kill the old gringo?
2. Before leaving, how long did Arroyo live on the hacienda?
3. When do the Mexican people take siesta?
4. What does Harriet think is living inside the bodies of all living people?
5. On what type of bed did Arroyo sleep when he was a child?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)