|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What look does Colonel Frutos García claim is written all over the old gringo's face?
2. When Harriet is forced to dance with Arroyo in the ballroom, where does she imagine that she is?
(a) Down by the sea.
(b) Back in Washington.
(c) In heaven.
(d) Back in New York.
3. Who is the first to say that if a man wants to be considered a good soldier, he must go out into battle hoping to die?
(a) General Arroyo.
(b) Colonel García.
(c) The old gringo.
(d) Inocencio Mansalvo.
4. What does Harriet set out into the hallway to teach the servants about temptation?
(a) Several pieces of gold silk.
(b) A bowl of pesos.
(c) A box of jewels.
(d) Gold plates.
5. How can the old gringo tell that La Luna is an educated woman?
(a) By her vocabulary.
(b) By her unmarked face.
(c) By her mathematical skills.
(d) By her soft hands.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Arroyo think Harriet smells like?
2. What type of man does Arroyo view as the most dangerous kind in the world?
3. Which woman runs up the arriving soldiers and immediately begins flirting with them?
4. What does Harriet make Arroyo promise to never do, lest she never forgive him?
5. How does the old gringo feel about Harriet's relationship with Arroyo?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)