|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of food is served to the old gringo on the night he arrives at the guerrilla camp?
(d) Arroz con pollo.
2. In what city of Mexico did the old gringo die?
3. Where did Harriet complete school?
(a) She had a tutor.
(b) At a public school.
(c) At a private school.
(d) At a finishing school.
4. Who organizes the cleanup of the hacienda fire?
(a) General Arroyo.
(c) Inocencio Mansalvo.
(d) The old gringo.
5. Why does the old gringo think that Harriet was hired?
(a) As cover for an escape.
(b) For her stunning good looks.
(c) As a mistake.
(d) Because she is the best teacher in the nation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What adjective does the old gringo use to describe his journalism work to Harriet?
2. Why has Harriet come to Mexico?
3. Where does the old gringo say that he wants to die?
4. What type of feeling does the old gringo begin to have toward General Arroyo after meeting alone with him in his home?
5. What does the traveling party admit was one of the old gringo's biggest flaws?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after General Arroyo sets fire to the hacienda?
2. What happened to each of the old gringo's children?
3. Why does La Garduña frantically wake Harriet from her siesta?
4. How does Arroyo's father actually die?
5. Why is the old gringo worried about his interactions with Harriet when he first meets her?
6. What reaction does La Luna have to hearing of Arroyo's infidelity?
7. How does the old gringo feel about Harriet Winslow's dreams?
8. How does General Arroyo die?
9. What is the reaction amongst the Mexican people after the old gringo's death?
10. How did it come to be that Harriet was left without a dowry?
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)