|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What relationship did Harriet and Tomás have in Mexico?
(a) They were coworkers.
(b) They were neighbors.
(c) They were lovers.
(d) They were acquaintances.
2. Why doesn't the old gringo answer any of the horse salesman's questions?
(a) Because he doesn't speak Spanish.
(b) Because he doesn't speak to peasants.
(c) None of these answers is correct.
(d) Because he is worried about being followed.
3. How does the general respond to his ruined peso coin?
(a) He is disgusted.
(b) He is furious.
(c) He is impressed.
(d) He is apathetic.
4. Which meal do the old man and woman in the tiny hut invite the old gringo to eat with them?
5. With what weapon does General Arroyo threaten Harriet when he hears about her reaction to the fire?
(a) A gun.
(b) A slingshot.
(c) A whip.
(d) A sword.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT offered to the old gringo after he shoots the coin?
2. What does Harriet remember the young Mexican boy who accompanied her to the Mexican border carrying?
3. Where does Harriet begin to teach the guerrilla children?
4. When Harriet dreams of Tomás, what thought takes over her mind?
5. Where does Harriet sleep at night?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way does the reader get insight into Harriet Winslow's memories?
2. What reoccurring dream does Arroyo have as an adult?
3. What childhood memory does Arroyo have of don Graciano?
4. What do the guerrilla soldiers use their captured train for?
5. How does Harriet figure out who the old gringo truly is?
6. What does the old gringo carry with him when he travels?
7. What happens when the letter from the Miranda family arrives to Harriet's home?
8. How does the old gringo win over the general with his Colt .44?
9. What happens when the old gringo fights back against the enemy soldiers that attack him and General Arroyo as they are heading to Zacatecas?
10. What do the Mexican soldiers joke about with the old gringo when he is allowed to dine with them?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)