|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Delaney do for a living?
(a) He is a lobbyist.
(b) He is a lawyer.
(c) He is an optometrist.
(d) He is a cigarette salesman.
2. What is the other name the Mexican characters in the novel give to the old gringo?
(a) Old geezer.
(b) Old man.
(c) Old Tom.
(d) Old Señor.
3. How old was Harriet when her father left for the war?
(c) 6 months old.
4. What does the old gringo regularly dream of?
(a) Being comfortable.
5. How old is Mr. Delaney?
(a) In his twenties.
(b) In his thirties.
(c) In his forties.
(d) In his fifties.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long have Harriet and Mr. Delaney been dating?
2. What does the general tell the old gringo to tend to when he says that he wants to fight?
3. What does the old gringo admire most in Harriet's character?
4. Which meal do the old man and woman in the tiny hut invite the old gringo to eat with them?
5. In which part of Mexico did Harriet live?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the old gringo worried about his interactions with Harriet when he first meets her?
2. How does General Arroyo die?
3. What does Harriet recall about the weather in Mexico during her time there?
4. What childhood memory does Arroyo have of don Graciano?
5. How does Harriet intend to teach the servants about temptation?
6. How does Harriet pass her time while she is living with her mother?
7. What reaction does Harriet have to seeing that the jewels she has set out have vanished?
8. What two elements does Arroyo see has held him in a prison throughout his life.
9. Where does Colonel Frutos García find the old gringo?
10. Why does La Garduña frantically wake Harriet from her siesta?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)