|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of church does Harriet attend weekly?
2. How old is Pedro when he first meets the old gringo?
3. What was the name of the young boy who accompanied Harriet to the Mexican border?
4. Where are the traveling group taking the body of the old gringo?
(a) To Camargo.
(b) To Durango.
(c) To Culiacán.
(d) To Saltillo.
5. What color are all the clothes that the old gringo wears to travel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the old gringo admire most in Harriet's character?
2. What does the old gringo believe is the fate of every revolutionary?
3. What part of battle does the old gringo think will be the most exciting and noble?
4. In what interesting room of an old building do Harriet and the old gringo talk?
5. What was Tomás Arroyo's name anglicized to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the reaction amongst the Mexican people after the old gringo's death?
2. Who is Tomás Arroyo?
3. What choice in battle does the old gringo have when he and General Arroyo reach the clearing?
4. As an old woman, what is Harriet's life like?
5. What is the old gringo's first reaction to Harriet Winslow when he sees her in a crowd?
6. What reaction does Harriet have to seeing that the jewels she has set out have vanished?
7. What memories does Harriet have when she is forced to dance with Arroyo in the ballroom?
8. What does Harriet decide to do with the old gringo's body, and how does she reach this decision?
9. How did La Luna's husband feel about servants?
10. How does the old gringo feel about deceit?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)