|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where had Harriet been living before moving to Washington D.C.?
(b) New York.
(d) San Francisco.
2. What is Harriet's last name?
3. Whom does Harriet live with in Washington D.C.?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her best friend.
(d) Her mother.
4. What does the old gringo think is the path that all young men must take?
(a) To fight for righteousness.
(b) To challenge their father figures.
(c) To find their perfect woman.
(d) To travel the world.
5. How does General Arroyo feel about the hacienda?
(a) He respects it.
(b) He hates it.
(c) He appreciates it.
(d) He thinks nothing of it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does General Arroyo think should be put in the position of protecting Harriet?
2. In what interesting room of an old building do Harriet and the old gringo talk?
3. Which of the following is NOT a reason the old gringo thinks he looks like an apparition?
4. Where does Harriet sleep at night?
5. What does the traveling party admit was one of the old gringo's biggest flaws?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way does the reader get insight into Harriet Winslow's memories?
2. Why does General Arroyo hate the hacienda with such passion?
3. How does Harriet figure out who the old gringo truly is?
4. Why does La Garduña frantically wake Harriet from her siesta?
5. How did it come to be that Harriet was left without a dowry?
6. How does Harriet pass her time while she is living with her mother?
7. What memories does Harriet have when she is forced to dance with Arroyo in the ballroom?
8. As an old woman, what is Harriet's life like?
9. How does the old gringo find out General Arroyo's secret?
10. What happens when the letter from the Miranda family arrives to Harriet's home?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)