|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How often did the Miranda family come to visit the hacienda during a typical year?
(a) Once or twice.
(b) More than ten times.
(d) Four or five times.
2. Where are the POWs who refuse to join with Pancho Villa held?
(a) In a giant metal cage.
(b) In swampy waters.
(c) In their own graves.
(d) In a pigsty.
3. Why does the old gringo think that Harriet was hired?
(a) Because she is the best teacher in the nation.
(b) For her stunning good looks.
(c) As cover for an escape.
(d) As a mistake.
4. How does Harriet's mother respond to the news that Harriet is moving to Mexico?
(a) She is apathetic.
(b) She is against it.
(c) Harriet never tells her mother she is leaving.
(d) She is supportive.
5. How many days did the old gringo wander about the desert before finding the guerrillas?
(a) Three days.
(b) Five days.
(c) Four days.
(d) Six days.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT something that the old gringo carries around in his suitcase?
2. What does the old gringo believe is the fate of every revolutionary?
3. What was Tomás Arroyo's name anglicized to?
4. Which of the following adjectives best describes the decor in General Arroyo's home?
5. In what city of Mexico did the old gringo die?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the Mexican soldiers joke about with the old gringo when he is allowed to dine with them?
2. What memories does Harriet have when she is forced to dance with Arroyo in the ballroom?
3. How did La Luna's husband feel about servants?
4. Why were the Mexican people so enamored with the old gringo?
5. How did La Luna succeed in saving the life of Arroyo during the early stages of the revolution?
6. What happens when the old gringo meets an old couple living in a tiny hut on the border of Mexico?
7. Where does Colonel Frutos García find the old gringo?
8. What happens when the letter from the Miranda family arrives to Harriet's home?
9. How does the old gringo feel about deceit?
10. What effect did Pancho Villa have on La Luna's life?
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)