|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the old gringo think about after he witnesses the explosion?
2. In what city of Mexico did the old gringo die?
3. What branch of the armed forces did Harriet move to be closer to?
(a) The Air Force.
(b) The Navy.
(c) The Army.
(d) The Marines.
4. Who organizes the cleanup of the hacienda fire?
(a) The old gringo.
(b) General Arroyo.
(c) Inocencio Mansalvo.
5. In what type of Mexican climate did Harriet live?
Short Answer Questions
1. What newspaper did the old gringo once write for?
2. What is the name of the Colonel who oversees the soldiers at the old gringo's graveside?
3. What adjective does the old gringo use to describe his journalism work to Harriet?
4. What does the old gringo believe is the fate of every revolutionary?
5. With what weapon does General Arroyo threaten Harriet when he hears about her reaction to the fire?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Harriet pass her time while she is living with her mother?
2. Where does Colonel Frutos García find the old gringo?
3. How does the old gringo feel about deceit?
4. What memories does Harriet have when she is forced to dance with Arroyo in the ballroom?
5. How does the old gringo find out General Arroyo's secret?
6. What does the old gringo carry with him when he travels?
7. What do the Mexican soldiers joke about with the old gringo when he is allowed to dine with them?
8. What is the reaction amongst the Mexican people after the old gringo's death?
9. How does Harriet figure out who the old gringo truly is?
10. How did La Luna's husband feel about servants?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)