|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Harriet's last name?
2. In what city of Mexico did the old gringo die?
3. How many children did the old gringo have?
4. What animal do some of the soldiers compare the old gringo to?
(a) A flamingo.
(b) An eagle.
(c) A peacock.
(d) An owl.
5. Which of the following adjectives does Harriet use in reference to the general during their argument?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT offered to the old gringo after he shoots the coin?
2. How often did the Miranda family come to visit the hacienda during a typical year?
3. What art form did Harriet's family collect from uninterested Europeans?
4. What is the name of the Colonel who oversees the soldiers at the old gringo's graveside?
5. What newspaper did the old gringo once write for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the reaction amongst the Mexican people after the old gringo's death?
2. How does the old gringo win over the general with his Colt .44?
3. What vanities does the old gringo have, and how do the other soldiers respond to them?
4. What happens when the letter from the Miranda family arrives to Harriet's home?
5. What childhood memory does Arroyo have of don Graciano?
6. How does the old gringo feel about deceit?
7. What memories does Arroyo have when he is forcing Harriet to dance with him in the ballroom?
8. What do the Mexican soldiers joke about with the old gringo when he is allowed to dine with them?
9. How does Harriet feel upon returning home from Mexico?
10. How did it come to be that Harriet was left without a dowry?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)