|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harriet remember the young Mexican boy who accompanied her to the Mexican border carrying?
(a) A stuffed animal.
(b) A lollipop.
(c) A blanket.
(d) A gun.
2. What does the old gringo think is the path that all young men must take?
(a) To travel the world.
(b) To fight for righteousness.
(c) To find their perfect woman.
(d) To challenge their father figures.
3. Where does the old gringo say that he wants to die?
(a) In a boat on the sea.
(b) On the battle front.
(c) In his bed.
(d) In Mexico.
4. What animal do some of the soldiers compare the old gringo to?
(a) A flamingo.
(b) A peacock.
(c) An owl.
(d) An eagle.
5. In what city of Mexico did the old gringo die?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does General Arroyo feel about the hacienda?
2. In which part of Mexico did Harriet live?
3. Why does General Arroyo decide to burn down the hacienda?
4. How did La Luna get her name?
5. In what interesting room of an old building do Harriet and the old gringo talk?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Harriet come to be alone in Mexico?
2. How does the old gringo feel about deceit?
3. Why did Harriet and her mother move from New York to Washington D.C.?
4. How is Pancho Villa received by the American Press?
5. What is the reaction amongst the Mexican people after the old gringo's death?
6. How did it come to be that Harriet was left without a dowry?
7. What happens after General Arroyo sets fire to the hacienda?
8. How does Harriet pass her time while she is living with her mother?
9. What do the Mexican soldiers joke about with the old gringo when he is allowed to dine with them?
10. How does Harriet feel upon returning home from Mexico?
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)