|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Harriet when her father left for the war?
(c) 6 months old.
2. Which of the following is NOT a reason the old gringo thinks he looks like an apparition?
(a) His wrinkled skin.
(b) His blue eyes.
(c) His white horse.
(d) His white hair.
3. Which of the following adjectives does Harriet use in reference to the general during their argument?
4. What does Harriet suspect of Mr. Delaney.
(a) That he is involved in some shady business deals.
(b) That he is embezzling.
(c) That he is dating someone else on the side.
(d) That he is secretly married.
5. What was the name of the young boy who accompanied Harriet to the Mexican border?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city of Texas does the old gringo stop before he travels to Mexico?
2. What animal do some of the soldiers compare the old gringo to?
3. In which part of Mexico did Harriet live?
4. After Harriet's confrontation with General Arroyo, what beverage does she drink with the old gringo inside the Pullman car?
5. How does Harriet's mother respond to the news that Harriet is moving to Mexico?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the old gringo win over the general with his Colt .44?
2. Why does La Garduña frantically wake Harriet from her siesta?
3. What vanities does the old gringo have, and how do the other soldiers respond to them?
4. How does Harriet pass her time while she is living with her mother?
5. What happens after General Arroyo sets fire to the hacienda?
6. What reaction does Harriet have to seeing that the jewels she has set out have vanished?
7. How does Harriet intend to teach the servants about temptation?
8. What happened to each of the old gringo's children?
9. What is the reaction amongst the Mexican people after the old gringo's death?
10. How does the old gringo find out General Arroyo's secret?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)