|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does NOT travel through Mexico by use of the guerrilla train?
2. After Harriet's confrontation with General Arroyo, what beverage does she drink with the old gringo inside the Pullman car?
3. What does the old gringo regularly dream of?
(d) Being comfortable.
4. Why has Harriet come to Mexico?
(a) To fight in the war.
(b) To teach.
(c) To work on her art.
(d) To study.
5. What type of work did the old gringo do while he was fighting in the Civil War?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the old gringo think is the path that all young men must take?
2. What was the name of the young boy who accompanied Harriet to the Mexican border?
3. How many days did the old gringo wander about the desert before finding the guerrillas?
4. What branch of the armed forces did Harriet move to be closer to?
5. Who states that the old gringo is probably a man of honor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reaction does Harriet have to seeing that the jewels she has set out have vanished?
2. What happened to each of the old gringo's children?
3. How has Harriet come to be alone in Mexico?
4. What reaction does La Luna have to hearing of Arroyo's infidelity?
5. Who is General Fierro?
6. How does the old gringo feel about deceit?
7. What memories does Harriet have when she is forced to dance with Arroyo in the ballroom?
8. What childhood memory does Arroyo have of don Graciano?
9. How did it come to be that Harriet was left without a dowry?
10. How does the old gringo win over the general with his Colt .44?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)