|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the old gringo fear will happen to Harriet while in Mexico?
(a) That she will be killed.
(b) That she will be dissatisfied.
(c) That she will want to leave.
(d) That she will fall in love with him.
2. In what war did the old gringo fight?
(a) The Civil War.
(b) World War II.
(c) The Vietnam War.
(d) World War I.
3. How does the general respond to his ruined peso coin?
(a) He is disgusted.
(b) He is apathetic.
(c) He is impressed.
(d) He is furious.
4. What does the old gringo admire most in Harriet's character?
(a) Her good looks.
(b) Her spunk.
(c) Her intelligence.
(d) Her clothing.
5. What does Mr. Delaney do for a living?
(a) He is a lawyer.
(b) He is an optometrist.
(c) He is a lobbyist.
(d) He is a cigarette salesman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the old gringo have marking his grave?
2. In which part of Mexico did Harriet live?
3. Which of the following characters does NOT accompany Harriet Winslow to the border?
4. What branch of the armed forces did Harriet move to be closer to?
5. What part of Harriet does the old gringo think is the only living thing in the desert?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the guerrilla soldiers use their captured train for?
2. Why did Harriet and her mother move from New York to Washington D.C.?
3. What do the Mexican soldiers joke about with the old gringo when he is allowed to dine with them?
4. Why does General Arroyo hate the hacienda with such passion?
5. What does Harriet recall about the weather in Mexico during her time there?
6. What happens when the old gringo meets an old couple living in a tiny hut on the border of Mexico?
7. As an old woman, what is Harriet's life like?
8. What memories does Arroyo have when he is forcing Harriet to dance with him in the ballroom?
9. How does the old gringo feel about deceit?
10. Why does the Colonel push his crew to hurry up with the old gringo's body?
This section contains 864 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)