|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Colonel who oversees the soldiers at the old gringo's graveside?
(a) Colonel Frutos García.
(b) Colonel Franklin McGeeves.
(c) Colonel Fred Lopez.
(d) Colonel Fred Ferrett.
2. What animal do some of the soldiers compare the old gringo to?
(a) A flamingo.
(b) A peacock.
(c) An owl.
(d) An eagle.
3. How does General Arroyo feel about the hacienda?
(a) He appreciates it.
(b) He thinks nothing of it.
(c) He respects it.
(d) He hates it.
4. How does the old gringo travel from Texas to Mexico?
(a) On horseback.
(b) On foot.
(c) By car.
(d) By train.
5. Where does the old gringo say that he wants to die?
(a) In his bed.
(b) On the battle front.
(c) In Mexico.
(d) In a boat on the sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. How often did the Miranda family come to visit the hacienda during a typical year?
2. How old is the old gringo when he reaches Mexico?
3. What type of work did the old gringo do while he was fighting in the Civil War?
4. Why doesn't the old gringo answer any of the horse salesman's questions?
5. What does Inocencio Mansalvo think the old gringo has come into the desert to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the old gringo fights back against the enemy soldiers that attack him and General Arroyo as they are heading to Zacatecas?
2. What happens when the old gringo meets an old couple living in a tiny hut on the border of Mexico?
3. What do the Mexican soldiers joke about with the old gringo when he is allowed to dine with them?
4. Who is Tomás Arroyo?
5. How does the old gringo find out General Arroyo's secret?
6. What two elements does Arroyo see has held him in a prison throughout his life.
7. How does the old gringo feel about deceit?
8. How does Harriet figure out who the old gringo truly is?
9. What is the reaction amongst the Mexican people after the old gringo's death?
10. Why does La Garduña frantically wake Harriet from her siesta?
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)