|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city of Texas does the old gringo stop before he travels to Mexico?
(b) El Paso.
2. Where is the old gringo buried?
(a) In a field of flowers.
(b) In a riverbank.
(c) In the mountains.
(d) In the desert.
3. What does the general throw into the air for the old gringo to shoot?
(a) A bird.
(b) A coin.
(c) A stone.
(d) A mirror.
4. How often did the Miranda family come to visit the hacienda during a typical year?
(a) Once or twice.
(b) Four or five times.
(d) More than ten times.
5. What does the Colonel claim gringos come to the land of the Aztecs to do?
(a) Challenge their gods.
(b) Create their riches.
(c) Fight their demons.
(d) Meet their destinies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the general tell the old gringo to tend to when he says that he wants to fight?
2. How long have Harriet and Mr. Delaney been dating?
3. How many children did the old gringo have?
4. What type of church does Harriet attend weekly?
5. What does the old gringo admire most in Harriet's character?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the guerrilla soldiers react to seeing the mirrors in the ballroom?
2. What happens in the few moments leading up to the old gringo's death?
3. What is the old gringo's first reaction to Harriet Winslow when he sees her in a crowd?
4. How does Harriet feel upon returning home from Mexico?
5. How does Harriet intend to teach the servants about temptation?
6. How does the old gringo feel about Harriet Winslow's dreams?
7. Why does the Colonel push his crew to hurry up with the old gringo's body?
8. How does the old gringo win over the general with his Colt .44?
9. How did it come to be that Harriet was left without a dowry?
10. Why is the old gringo worried about his interactions with Harriet when he first meets her?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)