|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of food is served to the old gringo on the night he arrives at the guerrilla camp?
(b) Arroz con pollo.
2. Where had Harriet been living before moving to Washington D.C.?
(b) San Francisco.
(c) New York.
3. What does the general throw into the air for the old gringo to shoot?
(a) A stone.
(b) A bird.
(c) A mirror.
(d) A coin.
4. What branch of the armed forces did Harriet move to be closer to?
(a) The Navy.
(b) The Air Force.
(c) The Marines.
(d) The Army.
5. In what interesting room of an old building do Harriet and the old gringo talk?
(a) In the library.
(b) In the ballroom.
(c) In the conservatory.
(d) In the parlor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which military character does the old gringo think will test him more than any other character in the novel?
2. How did La Luna get her name?
3. What does the old gringo regularly dream of?
4. Why has Harriet come to Mexico?
5. In what type of Mexican climate did Harriet live?
Short Essay Questions
1. What memories does Arroyo have when he is forcing Harriet to dance with him in the ballroom?
2. Why is the old gringo worried about his interactions with Harriet when he first meets her?
3. How did it come to be that Harriet was left without a dowry?
4. How is Pancho Villa received by the American Press?
5. What does Harriet recall about the weather in Mexico during her time there?
6. How do the guerrilla soldiers react to seeing the mirrors in the ballroom?
7. What is the old gringo's first reaction to Harriet Winslow when he sees her in a crowd?
8. How has Harriet come to be alone in Mexico?
9. What childhood memory does Arroyo have of don Graciano?
10. What does Harriet decide to do with the old gringo's body, and how does she reach this decision?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)