|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the type of home that the family who hired Harriet live in called?
(a) A biblioteca.
(b) A casa.
(c) A castillo.
(d) A hacienda.
2. Which of the following is NOT something that the old gringo carries around in his suitcase?
(a) A gun.
(b) A bottle of bourbon.
(c) A copy of the book "Don Quixote".
(d) A copy of the book that he wrote himself.
3. How does the army of guerrilla soldiers travel through Mexico?
(a) On foot.
(b) By horseback.
(c) By train.
(d) By boat.
4. Which of the following states was NOT at least partially owned by the family that originally owned the train car General Arroyo is sleeping in?
5. What is the name of the Colonel who oversees the soldiers at the old gringo's graveside?
(a) Colonel Fred Ferrett.
(b) Colonel Franklin McGeeves.
(c) Colonel Frutos García.
(d) Colonel Fred Lopez.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the old gringo think is the path that all young men must take?
2. Where are the traveling group taking the body of the old gringo?
3. What does the old gringo have marking his grave?
4. Whom does Harriet live with in Washington D.C.?
5. What explodes in front of the old gringo right as he is entering Mexico?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way does the reader get insight into Harriet Winslow's memories?
2. Why did Harriet and her mother move from New York to Washington D.C.?
3. Why does General Arroyo hate the hacienda with such passion?
4. What information is contained in the old papers General Arroyo stores in his train car?
5. What is the reaction amongst the Mexican people after the old gringo's death?
6. What happens when the old gringo meets an old couple living in a tiny hut on the border of Mexico?
7. Where does Colonel Frutos García find the old gringo?
8. How did La Luna's husband feel about servants?
9. What surprises the old gringo when he reaches El Paso, Texas?
10. How do the guerrilla soldiers react to seeing the mirrors in the ballroom?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)