|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT offered to the old gringo after he shoots the coin?
(c) A bed to sleep on.
(d) A sombrero.
2. Where is the old gringo buried?
(a) In the mountains.
(b) In a riverbank.
(c) In a field of flowers.
(d) In the desert.
3. Who is the current leader of Mexico at the time of the book?
(a) Francisco I. Madero.
(b) Manuel González.
(c) Juan N. Méndez.
(d) Porfirio Diaz.
4. Where did Harriet complete school?
(a) At a private school.
(b) At a finishing school.
(c) She had a tutor.
(d) At a public school.
5. Which meal do the old man and woman in the tiny hut invite the old gringo to eat with them?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does the old gringo hope to meet as he is traveling to Zacatecas?
2. From whom were the land grants to the Mexican people?
3. What does Harriet remember the young Mexican boy who accompanied her to the Mexican border carrying?
4. What is the other name the Mexican characters in the novel give to the old gringo?
5. What type of food is served to the old gringo on the night he arrives at the guerrilla camp?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Colonel Frutos García find the old gringo?
2. What happens when the old gringo fights back against the enemy soldiers that attack him and General Arroyo as they are heading to Zacatecas?
3. What does the Colonel tell his crew about the frontiers in the world?
4. Why does La Garduña frantically wake Harriet from her siesta?
5. What effect did Pancho Villa have on La Luna's life?
6. Why were the Mexican people so enamored with the old gringo?
7. What happens when the old gringo meets an old couple living in a tiny hut on the border of Mexico?
8. What thoughts do Harriet and the old gringo have when they think they hear gunshots during the fiesta?
9. What information is contained in the old papers General Arroyo stores in his train car?
10. What does Harriet recall about the weather in Mexico during her time there?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)