|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Harriet's father go to fight, and never returned from?
2. What was Tomás Arroyo's name anglicized to?
(a) Tom Shepherd.
(b) Thoms Smith.
(c) Tom Brooks.
(d) Thomas Mulvane.
3. Where does Harriet sleep at night?
(a) In the old gringo's tent.
(b) In a small wooden hut by the river.
(c) In the train car.
(d) In the woods.
4. What branch of the armed forces did Harriet move to be closer to?
(a) The Army.
(b) The Marines.
(c) The Navy.
(d) The Air Force.
5. How does General Arroyo feel about the hacienda?
(a) He respects it.
(b) He appreciates it.
(c) He thinks nothing of it.
(d) He hates it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days did the old gringo wander about the desert before finding the guerrillas?
2. How does the general respond to his ruined peso coin?
3. In what type of Mexican climate did Harriet live?
4. In what city of Texas does the old gringo stop before he travels to Mexico?
5. What does the old gringo think will be atonement for his writing career?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Harriet pass her time while she is living with her mother?
2. Why did Harriet and her mother move from New York to Washington D.C.?
3. What does the old gringo carry with him when he travels?
4. Why were the Mexican people so enamored with the old gringo?
5. How does Harriet feel upon returning home from Mexico?
6. How do the guerrilla soldiers react when they first see the old gringo cross the border into their territory?
7. How does the general respond to the coin the old gringo has just shot?
8. What happens when the old gringo fights back against the enemy soldiers that attack him and General Arroyo as they are heading to Zacatecas?
9. How has Harriet come to be alone in Mexico?
10. What is the old gringo's first reaction to Harriet Winslow when he sees her in a crowd?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)