|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is the old gringo when he reaches Mexico?
(a) In his forties.
(b) In his sixties.
(c) In his seventies.
(d) In his fifties.
2. In which part of Mexico did Harriet live?
3. What does the general tell the old gringo to tend to when he says that he wants to fight?
(a) His health.
(b) His garden.
(c) His life.
(d) His family.
4. How many people accompany Harriet as she makes her way over the Mexican border?
5. What is the other name the Mexican characters in the novel give to the old gringo?
(a) Old Señor.
(b) Old Tom.
(c) Old geezer.
(d) Old man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which meal do the old man and woman in the tiny hut invite the old gringo to eat with them?
2. Where does Harriet begin to teach the guerrilla children?
3. With what weapon does General Arroyo threaten Harriet when he hears about her reaction to the fire?
4. How long have Harriet and Mr. Delaney been dating?
5. What does the old gringo think about after he witnesses the explosion?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the guerrilla soldiers use their captured train for?
2. What do the Mexican soldiers joke about with the old gringo when he is allowed to dine with them?
3. How has Harriet come to be alone in Mexico?
4. What does Harriet decide to do with the old gringo's body, and how does she reach this decision?
5. What is the nature of the conversation which transpires between the old gringo and the man who is selling him his horse?
6. What vanities does the old gringo have, and how do the other soldiers respond to them?
7. Who is Tomás Arroyo?
8. How is Pancho Villa received by the American Press?
9. In what way does the reader get insight into Harriet Winslow's memories?
10. What proclamation does Inocencio Mansalvo make at the border of Mexico and America?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)