|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following states was NOT at least partially owned by the family that originally owned the train car General Arroyo is sleeping in?
2. What does Harriet remember the young Mexican boy who accompanied her to the Mexican border carrying?
(a) A lollipop.
(b) A blanket.
(c) A gun.
(d) A stuffed animal.
3. What does the traveling party admit was one of the old gringo's biggest flaws?
(a) He was always late.
(b) He was hateful.
(c) He was selfish.
(d) He was vain.
4. How long have Harriet and Mr. Delaney been dating?
(a) Eight years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Fifteen years.
(d) Six months.
5. Which of the following does NOT surprise the old gringo when he arrives in Mexico?
(a) The amount of people on the streets.
(b) The height of the buildings.
(c) The modern cars.
(d) The youth of the nation.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the old gringo when he reaches Mexico?
2. From whom were the land grants to the Mexican people?
3. What does the old gringo think will be atonement for his writing career?
4. What type of work did the old gringo do while he was fighting in the Civil War?
5. What does the old gringo admire most in Harriet's character?
Short Essay Questions
1. What memories does Harriet have when she is forced to dance with Arroyo in the ballroom?
2. Why does General Arroyo hate the hacienda with such passion?
3. What is the old gringo's first reaction to Harriet Winslow when he sees her in a crowd?
4. What reaction does La Luna have to hearing of Arroyo's infidelity?
5. What is the nature of the conversation which transpires between the old gringo and the man who is selling him his horse?
6. What does the Colonel tell his crew about the frontiers in the world?
7. What reaction does Harriet have to seeing that the jewels she has set out have vanished?
8. Who is General Fierro?
9. Why does the Colonel push his crew to hurry up with the old gringo's body?
10. What happens when the letter from the Miranda family arrives to Harriet's home?
This section contains 885 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)