|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does La Luna say women are that men are not?
2. When Harriet is forced to dance with Arroyo in the ballroom, where does she imagine that she is?
(a) Back in Washington.
(b) In heaven.
(c) Back in New York.
(d) Down by the sea.
3. What does Harriet think is living inside the bodies of all living people?
4. How can the old gringo tell that La Luna is an educated woman?
(a) By her unmarked face.
(b) By her mathematical skills.
(c) By her soft hands.
(d) By her vocabulary.
5. How did Arroyo plan to shame his father?
(a) By stealing all of his father's belongings.
(b) By not looking at him when he died.
(c) By refusing to help his father when he was in need.
(d) By denying that he was his father's son.
6. Why did La Luna's husband lose interest in her?
(a) Because she was unfaithful.
(b) Because she was barren.
(c) Because she was boring.
(d) Because she was illiterate.
7. When Harriet is dancing with Arroyo, whom does she imagine she is dancing with?
(a) The President.
(b) The old gringo
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her father.
8. How old is the girl that Harriet saves by sucking phlegm out of her throat?
(a) She is fifteen.
(b) She is an infant.
(c) She is ten.
(d) She is five.
9. Who had been spreading the rumors about an American soldier fighting alongside the Mexican revolutionaries?
(a) General Arroyo.
(b) Pancho Villa.
10. Who gave young Arroyo the box of papers that declared him rightful owner of the hacienda?
(a) La Luna.
(b) His father.
(c) Don Graciano.
(d) Inocencio Mansalvo.
11. How do the soldiers react to Arroyo's killing of the old gringo?
(a) They rise up against him.
(b) They urge him to move forward with the revolution.
(c) They desert him.
(d) None of these answers is correct.
12. When do the Mexican people take siesta?
(a) After lunch.
(b) Before bed.
(c) After breakfast.
(d) After dinner.
13. Where does Harriet plan to have the old gringo's body buried?
(a) In New York City.
(b) In Arlington, Texas.
(c) In San Francisco.
(d) In Washington DC.
14. In what religion was La Luna raised?
(a) La Luz del Mundo.
(b) Later Day Saints.
15. Which of the following best describes La Luna's husband?
Short Answer Questions
1. After the old gringo dies, what freak weather occurs in the desert?
2. Whom does Arroyo think Harriet smells like?
3. When Harriet returns to what she left in the hallway, how much has been stolen?
4. What does Harriet share with the old gringo, which makes her cling to him in Mexico?
5. In what room of La Luna's home did General Arroyo hide during the early days of the revolution?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)