|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sound do the old gringo and Harriet hear, which they think is gunshots?
(b) Blacksmith hammers.
(c) Horses galloping by.
2. Which of the following does NOT describe the outfit Pancho Villa is wearing when he arrives to speak with American reporters?
(a) Covered in buckles.
(b) Covered in zippers.
(c) Covered in silver and gold buttons.
(d) Made of black buckskin.
3. When Harriet is forced to dance with Arroyo in the ballroom, where does she imagine that she is?
(a) In heaven.
(b) Back in Washington.
(c) Down by the sea.
(d) Back in New York.
4. What relationship does Harriet claim to have with the old gringo in front of Pancho Villa?
(d) Best friends.
5. On what type of bed did Arroyo sleep when he was a child?
(a) There was no bed. Arroyo slept on the floor.
(b) A mat.
(c) A feather bed.
(d) A bale of hay.
6. In what room of La Luna's home did General Arroyo hide during the early days of the revolution?
(a) In her basement.
(b) In her attic.
(c) In her bathroom.
(d) In her closet.
7. How did Arroyo plan to shame his father?
(a) By refusing to help his father when he was in need.
(b) By stealing all of his father's belongings.
(c) By not looking at him when he died.
(d) By denying that he was his father's son.
8. When Harriet returns to what she left in the hallway, how much has been stolen?
(a) None of it.
(b) All of it.
(c) Over half of it.
(d) Some of it.
9. Where is Arroyo's father's dead body hung to rot?
(a) From a tree.
(b) In a well.
(c) At the Mexico/America border.
(d) Over the city's fence.
10. Which of the following is the name Pancho Villa had before he became famous?
(a) Frederico Mansalvo.
(b) Felipe Forzán.
(c) Doroteo Arango.
(d) Marcus Olivarez.
11. What type of dog was penned in with Arroyo when he was hiding in La Luna's home?
12. Who accompanies Harriet to the chapel where she must pick up the old gringo's body?
(b) La Garduña.
(c) La Luna.
(d) Inocencio Mansalvo.
13. Whom does Arroyo think Harriet smells like?
(a) His mother.
(b) His sister.
(c) His daughter.
(d) His wife.
14. Who is the first to say that if a man wants to be considered a good soldier, he must go out into battle hoping to die?
(a) Inocencio Mansalvo.
(b) The old gringo.
(c) Colonel García.
(d) General Arroyo.
15. What look does Colonel Frutos García claim is written all over the old gringo's face?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of man does Arroyo view as the most dangerous kind in the world?
2. What does Harriet make Arroyo promise to never do, lest she never forgive him?
3. Before leaving, how long did Arroyo live on the hacienda?
4. What does Harriet think Arroyo smells like?
5. How can the old gringo tell that La Luna is an educated woman?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)