|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sound do the old gringo and Harriet hear, which they think is gunshots?
(b) Horses galloping by.
(c) Blacksmith hammers.
2. Where is Arroyo's father's dead body hung to rot?
(a) Over the city's fence.
(b) From a tree.
(c) At the Mexico/America border.
(d) In a well.
3. What does don Graciano allow young Arroyo to hold while he is working in the hacienda?
(a) A crucifix.
(b) A bundle of clean rags.
(c) A set of keys.
(d) A copy of Don Quixote.
4. What does Harriet make Arroyo promise to never do, lest she never forgive him?
(a) Kill the old gringo.
(b) Abandon the revolution.
(c) Move away from Mexico.
(d) Fall in love with her.
5. How do the soldiers react to Arroyo's killing of the old gringo?
(a) They rise up against him.
(b) They urge him to move forward with the revolution.
(c) They desert him.
(d) None of these answers is correct.
6. How long does Arroyo wait in La Luna's house without food?
(a) A few days.
(b) A few weeks.
(c) A few months.
(d) A few hours.
7. Which woman runs up the arriving soldiers and immediately begins flirting with them?
(a) La Luna.
(d) La Garduña.
8. What type of man does Arroyo view as the most dangerous kind in the world?
(a) A stupid man.
(b) An egocentric man.
(c) A cowardly man.
(d) A brave man.
9. Which of the following best describes La Luna's husband?
10. What does Harriet think is living inside the bodies of all living people?
11. When Harriet is forced to dance with Arroyo in the ballroom, where does she imagine that she is?
(a) Back in New York.
(b) In heaven.
(c) Down by the sea.
(d) Back in Washington.
12. On what type of bed did Arroyo sleep when he was a child?
(a) A bale of hay.
(b) A mat.
(c) A feather bed.
(d) There was no bed. Arroyo slept on the floor.
13. Who accompanies Harriet to the chapel where she must pick up the old gringo's body?
(a) La Garduña.
(c) La Luna.
(d) Inocencio Mansalvo.
14. What does La Luna use to muffle the sound of her voice when she is gossiping with Harriet?
(a) A pillow.
(b) A faucet of running water.
(c) A record player.
(d) A violin.
15. What type of dog was penned in with Arroyo when he was hiding in La Luna's home?
Short Answer Questions
1. After the old gringo dies, what freak weather occurs in the desert?
2. What did Pancho Villa do for a living before he became a revolutionary?
3. How does the old gringo feel when he thinks back on his time in the Civil War?
4. Where will Arroyo's body be buried?
5. In what room of La Luna's home did General Arroyo hide during the early days of the revolution?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)