|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does La Luna say women are that men are not?
2. What type of dog was penned in with Arroyo when he was hiding in La Luna's home?
3. What does La Luna use to muffle the sound of her voice when she is gossiping with Harriet?
(a) A violin.
(b) A record player.
(c) A pillow.
(d) A faucet of running water.
4. Where will Arroyo's body be buried?
(a) Beneath the hacienda.
(b) In an unmarked grave in the desert.
(c) He will be buried at sea.
(d) He will be cremated, with his ashes scattered throughout Mexico.
5. How does Harriet feel after she makes love to Arroyo?
6. How does the old gringo feel about Harriet's relationship with Arroyo?
(a) He is sorry for Harriet.
(b) He doesn't care.
(c) He is jealous.
(d) He is pleased for them.
7. What reason does Colonel García give Pedro for the women waiting in line outside the village?
(a) They are refugees hoping for asylum.
(b) They are delirious with thirst.
(c) They are hoping for food handouts.
(d) They are in love with the returning men.
8. Before leaving, how long did Arroyo live on the hacienda?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Thirty years.
(c) Forty years.
(d) Twenty years.
9. What does Harriet share with the old gringo, which makes her cling to him in Mexico?
(a) American roots.
(b) The desire to travel.
(c) A fear of the Mexicans.
(d) A love for literature.
10. What look does Colonel Frutos García claim is written all over the old gringo's face?
11. What sound do the old gringo and Harriet hear, which they think is gunshots?
(a) Blacksmith hammers.
(d) Horses galloping by.
12. Where is Arroyo's father's dead body hung to rot?
(a) At the Mexico/America border.
(b) From a tree.
(c) Over the city's fence.
(d) In a well.
13. Why does Harriet have the servants set to sweeping up the ashes in the hacienda?
(a) To clean out the dance floor for a competition.
(b) So they no longer track dirty footprints through the house.
(c) To prepare for the Mirandas' return.
(d) So that they no longer must eat ashes in their food.
14. In what religion was La Luna raised?
(a) Later Day Saints.
(d) La Luz del Mundo.
15. Which of the following best describes La Luna's husband?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the old gringo think is the one factor that permeates all relationships?
2. Which of the following is NOT an adjective that Arroyo uses to describe his mother?
3. What relationship does Harriet claim to have with the old gringo in front of Pancho Villa?
4. When do the Mexican people take siesta?
5. What does Harriet think Arroyo smells like?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)