|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who had been spreading the rumors about an American soldier fighting alongside the Mexican revolutionaries?
(c) Pancho Villa.
(d) General Arroyo.
2. What sound do the old gringo and Harriet hear, which they think is gunshots?
(b) Blacksmith hammers.
(d) Horses galloping by.
3. How old is the girl that Harriet saves by sucking phlegm out of her throat?
(a) She is five.
(b) She is fifteen.
(c) She is ten.
(d) She is an infant.
4. Which woman runs up the arriving soldiers and immediately begins flirting with them?
(a) La Luna.
(b) La Garduña.
5. In what city does Pancho Villa promise to help the revolutionary soldiers if they get "bogged down" in their battle?
6. What type of dog was penned in with Arroyo when he was hiding in La Luna's home?
7. On what type of bed did Arroyo sleep when he was a child?
(a) A bale of hay.
(b) A mat.
(c) A feather bed.
(d) There was no bed. Arroyo slept on the floor.
8. What does Harriet think is living inside the bodies of all living people?
9. What does the old gringo think is the one factor that permeates all relationships?
10. What does Harriet think Arroyo smells like?
(a) Sea side mist.
(b) A horse stable.
(c) Over-ripe fruit.
11. What look does Colonel Frutos García claim is written all over the old gringo's face?
12. What relationship does Harriet claim to have with the old gringo in front of Pancho Villa?
(a) Best friends.
13. What did Pancho Villa do for a living before he became a revolutionary?
(a) He was a tailor.
(b) He was a blacksmith.
(c) He was a cattle herder.
(d) He was a day laborer at the hacienda.
14. What object belonging to Arroyo does the old gringo destroy moments before his death?
(a) His wooden box full of papers.
(b) His soldier uniform.
(c) His rifle.
(d) His box of jewels.
15. What does Arroyo feel is keeping him prisoner in his adulthood?
(a) His race.
(b) His inability to read.
(c) His lack of a father.
(d) His role in the revolution.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before leaving, how long did Arroyo live on the hacienda?
2. Which of the following best describes La Luna's husband?
3. When Harriet is forced to dance with Arroyo in the ballroom, where does she imagine that she is?
4. How did Arroyo plan to shame his father?
5. Where does Harriet plan to have the old gringo's body buried?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)