|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What object belonging to Arroyo does the old gringo destroy moments before his death?
(a) His box of jewels.
(b) His wooden box full of papers.
(c) His soldier uniform.
(d) His rifle.
2. What does the old gringo think is the one factor that permeates all relationships?
3. In the dream Arroyo has in which his mother is legally married to his father, what becomes of his father's other wife?
(a) She is a teacher.
(b) She is a beggar.
(c) She is a tailor.
(d) She is a spinster.
4. What does La Luna use to muffle the sound of her voice when she is gossiping with Harriet?
(a) A record player.
(b) A violin.
(c) A faucet of running water.
(d) A pillow.
5. In what Mexican city does Pancho Villa arrive to interact with the American Press?
(b) Mexico City.
6. When Harriet returns to what she left in the hallway, how much has been stolen?
(a) Some of it.
(b) None of it.
(c) Over half of it.
(d) All of it.
7. How did Arroyo plan to shame his father?
(a) By stealing all of his father's belongings.
(b) By denying that he was his father's son.
(c) By not looking at him when he died.
(d) By refusing to help his father when he was in need.
8. Why did La Luna's husband lose interest in her?
(a) Because she was unfaithful.
(b) Because she was boring.
(c) Because she was barren.
(d) Because she was illiterate.
9. Who had been spreading the rumors about an American soldier fighting alongside the Mexican revolutionaries?
(a) Pancho Villa.
(b) General Arroyo.
10. Who holds Harriet back when she tries to chase Arroyo away from killing the old gringo?
(a) La Garduña.
(b) La Luna.
(d) Inocencio Mansalvo.
11. How does Arroyo kill the old gringo?
(a) He shoots him.
(b) He strangles him.
(c) He stabs him.
(d) He beats him to death.
12. How long does Arroyo wait in La Luna's house without food?
(a) A few weeks.
(b) A few months.
(c) A few hours.
(d) A few days.
13. Where does Harriet plan to have the old gringo's body buried?
(a) In New York City.
(b) In Washington DC.
(c) In San Francisco.
(d) In Arlington, Texas.
14. What reason does Colonel García give Pedro for the women waiting in line outside the village?
(a) They are refugees hoping for asylum.
(b) They are hoping for food handouts.
(c) They are in love with the returning men.
(d) They are delirious with thirst.
15. What does La Luna say women are that men are not?
Short Answer Questions
1. Pancho Villa jokes with reporters about relocating north to where?
2. On what type of bed did Arroyo sleep when he was a child?
3. How does the old gringo feel when he thinks back on his time in the Civil War?
4. Which of the following does NOT describe the outfit Pancho Villa is wearing when he arrives to speak with American reporters?
5. How does Harriet feel after she makes love to Arroyo?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)