|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does La Luna say women are that men are not?
2. Which of the following is the name Pancho Villa had before he became famous?
(a) Doroteo Arango.
(b) Frederico Mansalvo.
(c) Felipe Forzán.
(d) Marcus Olivarez.
3. Why did La Luna's husband lose interest in her?
(a) Because she was illiterate.
(b) Because she was unfaithful.
(c) Because she was boring.
(d) Because she was barren.
4. Whom does Arroyo think Harriet smells like?
(a) His sister.
(b) His daughter.
(c) His wife.
(d) His mother.
5. How can the old gringo tell that La Luna is an educated woman?
(a) By her mathematical skills.
(b) By her soft hands.
(c) By her unmarked face.
(d) By her vocabulary.
6. When Harriet is dancing with Arroyo, whom does she imagine she is dancing with?
(a) The old gringo
(b) The President.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her brother.
7. How does Harriet feel after she makes love to Arroyo?
8. What look does Colonel Frutos García claim is written all over the old gringo's face?
9. Where is Arroyo's father's dead body hung to rot?
(a) Over the city's fence.
(b) From a tree.
(c) In a well.
(d) At the Mexico/America border.
10. What sound do the old gringo and Harriet hear, which they think is gunshots?
(a) Blacksmith hammers.
(b) Horses galloping by.
11. Before leaving, how long did Arroyo live on the hacienda?
(a) Forty years.
(b) Thirty years.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) Ten years.
12. In what city does Pancho Villa promise to help the revolutionary soldiers if they get "bogged down" in their battle?
13. What type of dog was penned in with Arroyo when he was hiding in La Luna's home?
14. Why does General Arroyo pull his hat down and his serape up?
(a) He is brooding on possibilities.
(b) He is in a fury.
(c) He is weeping.
(d) He is napping.
15. What type of man does Arroyo view as the most dangerous kind in the world?
(a) A stupid man.
(b) An egocentric man.
(c) A cowardly man.
(d) A brave man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character's real name is Ambrose Bierce?
2. When do the Mexican people take siesta?
3. What object belonging to Arroyo does the old gringo destroy moments before his death?
4. What does Harriet make Arroyo promise to never do, lest she never forgive him?
5. Who had been spreading the rumors about an American soldier fighting alongside the Mexican revolutionaries?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)