|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following items does NOT adorn the statue of Jesus hanging on the cross during the Mexican fiesta?
(a) Silver coins.
(b) A red velvet robe.
(c) A gold brooch.
(d) Gold chains.
2. What type of dog was penned in with Arroyo when he was hiding in La Luna's home?
3. What reason does Colonel García give Pedro for the women waiting in line outside the village?
(a) They are delirious with thirst.
(b) They are in love with the returning men.
(c) They are hoping for food handouts.
(d) They are refugees hoping for asylum.
4. What relationship does Harriet claim to have with the old gringo in front of Pancho Villa?
(a) Best friends.
5. Which character's real name is Ambrose Bierce?
(a) Raul Walsh.
(b) Inocencio Mansalvo.
(c) The old gringo.
(d) None of the answers is correct.
6. Pancho Villa jokes with reporters about relocating north to where?
(a) To Texas.
(b) To Nevada.
(c) To California.
(d) To Arizona.
7. How does Harriet feel after she makes love to Arroyo?
8. After the old gringo returns from battle and goes to greet Harriet, what has she just finished doing?
9. Who had been spreading the rumors about an American soldier fighting alongside the Mexican revolutionaries?
(c) Pancho Villa.
(d) General Arroyo.
10. Where will Arroyo's body be buried?
(a) In an unmarked grave in the desert.
(b) Beneath the hacienda.
(c) He will be buried at sea.
(d) He will be cremated, with his ashes scattered throughout Mexico.
11. What does Harriet think the old gringo smells like?
(a) A ray of sunshine.
(b) A sandy shore.
(c) A garden of lilac.
(d) A fresh bath.
12. What does Harriet make Arroyo promise to never do, lest she never forgive him?
(a) Fall in love with her.
(b) Move away from Mexico.
(c) Abandon the revolution.
(d) Kill the old gringo.
13. In what Mexican city does Pancho Villa arrive to interact with the American Press?
(c) Mexico City.
14. When Harriet returns to what she left in the hallway, how much has been stolen?
(a) Over half of it.
(b) Some of it.
(c) All of it.
(d) None of it.
15. In what religion was La Luna raised?
(a) La Luz del Mundo.
(c) Later Day Saints.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the old gringo think is the one factor that permeates all relationships?
2. What does Arroyo feel is keeping him prisoner in his adulthood?
3. In the dream Arroyo has in which his mother is legally married to his father, what becomes of his father's other wife?
4. Who is the first to say that if a man wants to be considered a good soldier, he must go out into battle hoping to die?
5. Why does Harriet have the servants set to sweeping up the ashes in the hacienda?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)