|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Arroyo wait in La Luna's house without food?
(a) A few hours.
(b) A few weeks.
(c) A few days.
(d) A few months.
2. Why does General Arroyo pull his hat down and his serape up?
(a) He is weeping.
(b) He is napping.
(c) He is in a fury.
(d) He is brooding on possibilities.
3. How did Arroyo plan to shame his father?
(a) By refusing to help his father when he was in need.
(b) By not looking at him when he died.
(c) By stealing all of his father's belongings.
(d) By denying that he was his father's son.
4. Why did La Luna's husband lose interest in her?
(a) Because she was barren.
(b) Because she was illiterate.
(c) Because she was unfaithful.
(d) Because she was boring.
5. What look does Colonel Frutos García claim is written all over the old gringo's face?
6. What object belonging to Arroyo does the old gringo destroy moments before his death?
(a) His soldier uniform.
(b) His box of jewels.
(c) His wooden box full of papers.
(d) His rifle.
7. In what room of La Luna's home did General Arroyo hide during the early days of the revolution?
(a) In her basement.
(b) In her closet.
(c) In her attic.
(d) In her bathroom.
8. Why does Harriet have the servants set to sweeping up the ashes in the hacienda?
(a) So they no longer track dirty footprints through the house.
(b) To prepare for the Mirandas' return.
(c) So that they no longer must eat ashes in their food.
(d) To clean out the dance floor for a competition.
9. What type of dog was penned in with Arroyo when he was hiding in La Luna's home?
10. What does don Graciano allow young Arroyo to hold while he is working in the hacienda?
(a) A bundle of clean rags.
(b) A set of keys.
(c) A copy of Don Quixote.
(d) A crucifix.
11. Whom does Arroyo think Harriet smells like?
(a) His mother.
(b) His wife.
(c) His sister.
(d) His daughter.
12. What does Harriet think the old gringo smells like?
(a) A sandy shore.
(b) A ray of sunshine.
(c) A fresh bath.
(d) A garden of lilac.
13. Where is Arroyo's father's dead body hung to rot?
(a) Over the city's fence.
(b) From a tree.
(c) At the Mexico/America border.
(d) In a well.
14. In what Mexican city does Pancho Villa arrive to interact with the American Press?
(d) Mexico City.
15. Where does Harriet plan to have the old gringo's body buried?
(a) In Arlington, Texas.
(b) In Washington DC.
(c) In San Francisco.
(d) In New York City.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Arroyo kill the old gringo?
2. How old is the girl that Harriet saves by sucking phlegm out of her throat?
3. Who gave young Arroyo the box of papers that declared him rightful owner of the hacienda?
4. When Harriet returns to what she left in the hallway, how much has been stolen?
5. Who had been spreading the rumors about an American soldier fighting alongside the Mexican revolutionaries?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)