|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first to say that if a man wants to be considered a good soldier, he must go out into battle hoping to die?
(a) Colonel García.
(b) General Arroyo.
(c) The old gringo.
(d) Inocencio Mansalvo.
2. What does Harriet think the old gringo smells like?
(a) A fresh bath.
(b) A sandy shore.
(c) A ray of sunshine.
(d) A garden of lilac.
3. What type of dog was penned in with Arroyo when he was hiding in La Luna's home?
4. How does Harriet feel after she makes love to Arroyo?
5. What look does Colonel Frutos García claim is written all over the old gringo's face?
6. Who had been spreading the rumors about an American soldier fighting alongside the Mexican revolutionaries?
(a) Pancho Villa.
(c) General Arroyo.
7. Whom will the Old Gringo be buried next to?
(a) Harriet's mother.
(b) The old gringo's daughter.
(c) The old gringo's wife.
(d) Harriet's father.
8. How does the old gringo feel about Harriet's relationship with Arroyo?
(a) He is jealous.
(b) He doesn't care.
(c) He is pleased for them.
(d) He is sorry for Harriet.
9. What relationship does Harriet claim to have with the old gringo in front of Pancho Villa?
(a) Best friends.
10. Which of the following best describes La Luna's husband?
11. Which of the following is the name Pancho Villa had before he became famous?
(a) Felipe Forzán.
(b) Frederico Mansalvo.
(c) Marcus Olivarez.
(d) Doroteo Arango.
12. How old is the girl that Harriet saves by sucking phlegm out of her throat?
(a) She is five.
(b) She is fifteen.
(c) She is ten.
(d) She is an infant.
13. In what religion was La Luna raised?
(a) Later Day Saints.
(c) La Luz del Mundo.
14. What does Arroyo feel is keeping him prisoner in his adulthood?
(a) His lack of a father.
(b) His inability to read.
(c) His race.
(d) His role in the revolution.
15. What is the one room that Arroyo does NOT destroy when he burns the hacienda to the ground?
(a) The servants' quarters.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The stables.
(d) The ballroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which woman runs up the arriving soldiers and immediately begins flirting with them?
2. Whom does Arroyo think Harriet smells like?
3. Which of the following does NOT describe the outfit Pancho Villa is wearing when he arrives to speak with American reporters?
4. What reason does Colonel García give Pedro for the women waiting in line outside the village?
5. What does La Luna use to muffle the sound of her voice when she is gossiping with Harriet?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)