|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of man does Arroyo view as the most dangerous kind in the world?
(a) A brave man.
(b) A cowardly man.
(c) A stupid man.
(d) An egocentric man.
2. What sound do the old gringo and Harriet hear, which they think is gunshots?
(a) Blacksmith hammers.
(c) Horses galloping by.
3. How does the old gringo feel when he thinks back on his time in the Civil War?
(a) He doesn't remember anything about the war.
(b) He feels pangs of love.
(c) He rejoices.
(d) He wishes the fight could have lasted longer.
4. In what city does Pancho Villa promise to help the revolutionary soldiers if they get "bogged down" in their battle?
5. Which of the following items does NOT adorn the statue of Jesus hanging on the cross during the Mexican fiesta?
(a) A gold brooch.
(b) Silver coins.
(c) A red velvet robe.
(d) Gold chains.
6. When do the Mexican people take siesta?
(a) After lunch.
(b) After dinner.
(c) After breakfast.
(d) Before bed.
7. Who holds Harriet back when she tries to chase Arroyo away from killing the old gringo?
(b) La Garduña.
(c) La Luna.
(d) Inocencio Mansalvo.
8. How did Arroyo plan to shame his father?
(a) By stealing all of his father's belongings.
(b) By refusing to help his father when he was in need.
(c) By denying that he was his father's son.
(d) By not looking at him when he died.
9. How do the soldiers react to Arroyo's killing of the old gringo?
(a) They desert him.
(b) They urge him to move forward with the revolution.
(c) They rise up against him.
(d) None of these answers is correct.
10. How does Arroyo kill the old gringo?
(a) He beats him to death.
(b) He stabs him.
(c) He shoots him.
(d) He strangles him.
11. Which of the following is NOT an adjective that Arroyo uses to describe his mother?
12. Before leaving, how long did Arroyo live on the hacienda?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Thirty years.
(c) Forty years.
(d) Twenty years.
13. Who had been spreading the rumors about an American soldier fighting alongside the Mexican revolutionaries?
(a) Pancho Villa.
(d) General Arroyo.
14. In what religion was La Luna raised?
(a) La Luz del Mundo.
(d) Later Day Saints.
15. On what day of the week did La Luna's servants line up to be paid?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Arroyo think Harriet smells like?
2. What does don Graciano allow young Arroyo to hold while he is working in the hacienda?
3. After the old gringo returns from battle and goes to greet Harriet, what has she just finished doing?
4. Which of the following does NOT describe the outfit Pancho Villa is wearing when he arrives to speak with American reporters?
5. When Harriet returns to what she left in the hallway, how much has been stolen?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)