Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what type of bed did Arroyo sleep when he was a child?
(a) A mat.
(b) There was no bed. Arroyo slept on the floor.
(c) A bale of hay.
(d) A feather bed.
2. What does Harriet think is living inside the bodies of all living people?
3. What does Harriet call "the enemy of life"?
4. What relationship does Harriet claim to have with the old gringo in front of Pancho Villa?
(d) Best friends.
5. What does Harriet make Arroyo promise to never do, lest she never forgive him?
(a) Move away from Mexico.
(b) Fall in love with her.
(c) Kill the old gringo.
(d) Abandon the revolution.
6. What does Harriet think the old gringo smells like?
(a) A sandy shore.
(b) A fresh bath.
(c) A ray of sunshine.
(d) A garden of lilac.
7. Who accompanies Harriet to the chapel where she must pick up the old gringo's body?
(b) La Garduña.
(c) La Luna.
(d) Inocencio Mansalvo.
8. How do the soldiers react to Arroyo's killing of the old gringo?
(a) They desert him.
(b) None of these answers is correct.
(c) They urge him to move forward with the revolution.
(d) They rise up against him.
9. What does Harriet think Arroyo smells like?
(b) Over-ripe fruit.
(c) Sea side mist.
(d) A horse stable.
10. Which of the following best describes La Luna's husband?
11. Who had been spreading the rumors about an American soldier fighting alongside the Mexican revolutionaries?
(b) Pancho Villa.
(d) General Arroyo.
12. What type of dog was penned in with Arroyo when he was hiding in La Luna's home?
13. After the old gringo returns from battle and goes to greet Harriet, what has she just finished doing?
14. In what room of La Luna's home did General Arroyo hide during the early days of the revolution?
(a) In her attic.
(b) In her basement.
(c) In her bathroom.
(d) In her closet.
15. Where does Harriet plan to have the old gringo's body buried?
(a) In New York City.
(b) In Washington DC.
(c) In Arlington, Texas.
(d) In San Francisco.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harriet set out into the hallway to teach the servants about temptation?
2. How does the old gringo feel when he thinks back on his time in the Civil War?
3. What does Arroyo feel is keeping him prisoner in his adulthood?
4. Where will Arroyo's body be buried?
5. What sound do the old gringo and Harriet hear, which they think is gunshots?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)