|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where will Arroyo's body be buried?
(a) He will be buried at sea.
(b) In an unmarked grave in the desert.
(c) He will be cremated, with his ashes scattered throughout Mexico.
(d) Beneath the hacienda.
2. What sound do the old gringo and Harriet hear, which they think is gunshots?
(a) Blacksmith hammers.
(d) Horses galloping by.
3. What does the old gringo think is the one factor that permeates all relationships?
4. What does Arroyo hope Harriet will take back to America with her?
(a) Memories of Mexico.
(c) The Mexican children.
(d) Nothing, Arroyo hopes Harriet will never leave.
5. Which of the following best describes La Luna's husband?
6. In what religion was La Luna raised?
(a) La Luz del Mundo.
(b) Later Day Saints.
7. Pancho Villa jokes with reporters about relocating north to where?
(a) To Arizona.
(b) To California.
(c) To Nevada.
(d) To Texas.
8. Before leaving, how long did Arroyo live on the hacienda?
(a) Forty years.
(b) Thirty years.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) Ten years.
9. What does Harriet share with the old gringo, which makes her cling to him in Mexico?
(a) A love for literature.
(b) The desire to travel.
(c) A fear of the Mexicans.
(d) American roots.
10. What relationship does Harriet claim to have with the old gringo in front of Pancho Villa?
(b) Best friends.
11. When Harriet is dancing with Arroyo, whom does she imagine she is dancing with?
(a) Her father.
(b) The old gringo
(c) Her brother.
(d) The President.
12. How does the old gringo feel when he thinks back on his time in the Civil War?
(a) He rejoices.
(b) He doesn't remember anything about the war.
(c) He wishes the fight could have lasted longer.
(d) He feels pangs of love.
13. Who holds Harriet back when she tries to chase Arroyo away from killing the old gringo?
(a) La Garduña.
(b) La Luna.
(d) Inocencio Mansalvo.
14. Whom does Arroyo think Harriet smells like?
(a) His mother.
(b) His sister.
(c) His wife.
(d) His daughter.
15. How old is the girl that Harriet saves by sucking phlegm out of her throat?
(a) She is ten.
(b) She is five.
(c) She is fifteen.
(d) She is an infant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is the name Pancho Villa had before he became famous?
2. After the old gringo returns from battle and goes to greet Harriet, what has she just finished doing?
3. What does La Luna say women are that men are not?
4. Which woman runs up the arriving soldiers and immediately begins flirting with them?
5. Whom will the Old Gringo be buried next to?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)