|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harriet make Arroyo promise to never do, lest she never forgive him?
(a) Move away from Mexico.
(b) Abandon the revolution.
(c) Kill the old gringo.
(d) Fall in love with her.
2. Which character's real name is Ambrose Bierce?
(a) Raul Walsh.
(b) The old gringo.
(c) None of the answers is correct.
(d) Inocencio Mansalvo.
3. What does Arroyo hope Harriet will take back to America with her?
(a) Nothing, Arroyo hopes Harriet will never leave.
(b) Memories of Mexico.
(c) The Mexican children.
4. In what religion was La Luna raised?
(b) Later Day Saints.
(d) La Luz del Mundo.
5. In what Mexican city does Pancho Villa arrive to interact with the American Press?
(b) Mexico City.
6. How did Arroyo plan to shame his father?
(a) By refusing to help his father when he was in need.
(b) By stealing all of his father's belongings.
(c) By denying that he was his father's son.
(d) By not looking at him when he died.
7. Which of the following does NOT describe the outfit Pancho Villa is wearing when he arrives to speak with American reporters?
(a) Covered in zippers.
(b) Made of black buckskin.
(c) Covered in buckles.
(d) Covered in silver and gold buttons.
8. What reason does Colonel García give Pedro for the women waiting in line outside the village?
(a) They are hoping for food handouts.
(b) They are refugees hoping for asylum.
(c) They are delirious with thirst.
(d) They are in love with the returning men.
9. How can the old gringo tell that La Luna is an educated woman?
(a) By her soft hands.
(b) By her unmarked face.
(c) By her mathematical skills.
(d) By her vocabulary.
10. On what type of bed did Arroyo sleep when he was a child?
(a) A feather bed.
(b) A mat.
(c) There was no bed. Arroyo slept on the floor.
(d) A bale of hay.
11. What did Pancho Villa do for a living before he became a revolutionary?
(a) He was a tailor.
(b) He was a cattle herder.
(c) He was a blacksmith.
(d) He was a day laborer at the hacienda.
12. What does Harriet think Arroyo smells like?
(a) Sea side mist.
(b) Over-ripe fruit.
(c) A horse stable.
13. What does La Luna use to muffle the sound of her voice when she is gossiping with Harriet?
(a) A faucet of running water.
(b) A pillow.
(c) A violin.
(d) A record player.
14. How does the old gringo feel about Harriet's relationship with Arroyo?
(a) He is jealous.
(b) He is sorry for Harriet.
(c) He doesn't care.
(d) He is pleased for them.
15. What does don Graciano allow young Arroyo to hold while he is working in the hacienda?
(a) A bundle of clean rags.
(b) A set of keys.
(c) A copy of Don Quixote.
(d) A crucifix.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had been spreading the rumors about an American soldier fighting alongside the Mexican revolutionaries?
2. In what room of La Luna's home did General Arroyo hide during the early days of the revolution?
3. What type of dog was penned in with Arroyo when he was hiding in La Luna's home?
4. On what day of the week did La Luna's servants line up to be paid?
5. What does Harriet think is living inside the bodies of all living people?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)