|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where will Arroyo's body be buried?
(a) He will be cremated, with his ashes scattered throughout Mexico.
(b) In an unmarked grave in the desert.
(c) He will be buried at sea.
(d) Beneath the hacienda.
2. In what religion was La Luna raised?
(a) Later Day Saints.
(b) La Luz del Mundo.
3. After the old gringo returns from battle and goes to greet Harriet, what has she just finished doing?
4. After the old gringo dies, what freak weather occurs in the desert?
(a) It hails.
(b) It snows.
(c) A tornado strikes.
(d) It rains.
5. What does Arroyo hope Harriet will take back to America with her?
(b) The Mexican children.
(c) Nothing, Arroyo hopes Harriet will never leave.
(d) Memories of Mexico.
6. In what room of La Luna's home did General Arroyo hide during the early days of the revolution?
(a) In her closet.
(b) In her bathroom.
(c) In her basement.
(d) In her attic.
7. In the dream Arroyo has in which his mother is legally married to his father, what becomes of his father's other wife?
(a) She is a beggar.
(b) She is a spinster.
(c) She is a teacher.
(d) She is a tailor.
8. Which of the following best describes La Luna's husband?
9. Who is the first to say that if a man wants to be considered a good soldier, he must go out into battle hoping to die?
(a) Inocencio Mansalvo.
(b) Colonel García.
(c) The old gringo.
(d) General Arroyo.
10. Whom will the Old Gringo be buried next to?
(a) Harriet's mother.
(b) The old gringo's daughter.
(c) The old gringo's wife.
(d) Harriet's father.
11. What does Arroyo feel is keeping him prisoner in his adulthood?
(a) His role in the revolution.
(b) His inability to read.
(c) His race.
(d) His lack of a father.
12. When Harriet returns to what she left in the hallway, how much has been stolen?
(a) None of it.
(b) All of it.
(c) Some of it.
(d) Over half of it.
13. Which of the following does NOT describe the outfit Pancho Villa is wearing when he arrives to speak with American reporters?
(a) Covered in zippers.
(b) Covered in silver and gold buttons.
(c) Made of black buckskin.
(d) Covered in buckles.
14. Why does General Arroyo pull his hat down and his serape up?
(a) He is napping.
(b) He is in a fury.
(c) He is weeping.
(d) He is brooding on possibilities.
15. How can the old gringo tell that La Luna is an educated woman?
(a) By her unmarked face.
(b) By her mathematical skills.
(c) By her soft hands.
(d) By her vocabulary.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Arroyo wait in La Luna's house without food?
2. What sound do the old gringo and Harriet hear, which they think is gunshots?
3. When Harriet is dancing with Arroyo, whom does she imagine she is dancing with?
4. What does the old gringo think is the one factor that permeates all relationships?
5. Why does Harriet have the servants set to sweeping up the ashes in the hacienda?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)