|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harriet think the old gringo smells like?
(a) A sandy shore.
(b) A ray of sunshine.
(c) A fresh bath.
(d) A garden of lilac.
2. In what religion was La Luna raised?
(b) Later Day Saints.
(d) La Luz del Mundo.
3. What does Harriet set out into the hallway to teach the servants about temptation?
(a) Gold plates.
(b) A box of jewels.
(c) A bowl of pesos.
(d) Several pieces of gold silk.
4. How old is the girl that Harriet saves by sucking phlegm out of her throat?
(a) She is ten.
(b) She is an infant.
(c) She is fifteen.
(d) She is five.
5. Who holds Harriet back when she tries to chase Arroyo away from killing the old gringo?
(a) Inocencio Mansalvo.
(b) La Luna.
(d) La Garduña.
6. On what type of bed did Arroyo sleep when he was a child?
(a) A bale of hay.
(b) A mat.
(c) There was no bed. Arroyo slept on the floor.
(d) A feather bed.
7. Where is Arroyo's father's dead body hung to rot?
(a) At the Mexico/America border.
(b) Over the city's fence.
(c) From a tree.
(d) In a well.
8. Which of the following best describes La Luna's husband?
9. What relationship does Harriet claim to have with the old gringo in front of Pancho Villa?
(b) Best friends.
10. How does Arroyo kill the old gringo?
(a) He beats him to death.
(b) He strangles him.
(c) He shoots him.
(d) He stabs him.
11. When Harriet is forced to dance with Arroyo in the ballroom, where does she imagine that she is?
(a) Back in Washington.
(b) In heaven.
(c) Back in New York.
(d) Down by the sea.
12. In what Mexican city does Pancho Villa arrive to interact with the American Press?
(a) Mexico City.
13. What does La Luna say women are that men are not?
14. What did Pancho Villa do for a living before he became a revolutionary?
(a) He was a day laborer at the hacienda.
(b) He was a cattle herder.
(c) He was a blacksmith.
(d) He was a tailor.
15. Who is the first to say that if a man wants to be considered a good soldier, he must go out into battle hoping to die?
(a) Colonel García.
(b) General Arroyo.
(c) The old gringo.
(d) Inocencio Mansalvo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom will the Old Gringo be buried next to?
2. What reason does Colonel García give Pedro for the women waiting in line outside the village?
3. What does Harriet think is living inside the bodies of all living people?
4. How can the old gringo tell that La Luna is an educated woman?
5. In the dream Arroyo has in which his mother is legally married to his father, what becomes of his father's other wife?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)