|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Harriet feel after she makes love to Arroyo?
2. How did Arroyo plan to shame his father?
(a) By refusing to help his father when he was in need.
(b) By denying that he was his father's son.
(c) By not looking at him when he died.
(d) By stealing all of his father's belongings.
3. Who accompanies Harriet to the chapel where she must pick up the old gringo's body?
(a) La Garduña.
(c) La Luna.
(d) Inocencio Mansalvo.
4. What sound do the old gringo and Harriet hear, which they think is gunshots?
(b) Blacksmith hammers.
(d) Horses galloping by.
5. Pancho Villa jokes with reporters about relocating north to where?
(a) To California.
(b) To Texas.
(c) To Arizona.
(d) To Nevada.
6. What does don Graciano allow young Arroyo to hold while he is working in the hacienda?
(a) A bundle of clean rags.
(b) A crucifix.
(c) A copy of Don Quixote.
(d) A set of keys.
7. Whom will the Old Gringo be buried next to?
(a) Harriet's father.
(b) Harriet's mother.
(c) The old gringo's daughter.
(d) The old gringo's wife.
8. What type of man does Arroyo view as the most dangerous kind in the world?
(a) A stupid man.
(b) A brave man.
(c) A cowardly man.
(d) An egocentric man.
9. In the dream Arroyo has in which his mother is legally married to his father, what becomes of his father's other wife?
(a) She is a teacher.
(b) She is a spinster.
(c) She is a beggar.
(d) She is a tailor.
10. How does the old gringo feel about Harriet's relationship with Arroyo?
(a) He doesn't care.
(b) He is pleased for them.
(c) He is jealous.
(d) He is sorry for Harriet.
11. Which of the following does NOT describe the outfit Pancho Villa is wearing when he arrives to speak with American reporters?
(a) Made of black buckskin.
(b) Covered in silver and gold buttons.
(c) Covered in buckles.
(d) Covered in zippers.
12. Which woman runs up the arriving soldiers and immediately begins flirting with them?
(a) La Luna.
(d) La Garduña.
13. When Harriet is forced to dance with Arroyo in the ballroom, where does she imagine that she is?
(a) Down by the sea.
(b) Back in Washington.
(c) In heaven.
(d) Back in New York.
14. Whom does Arroyo think Harriet smells like?
(a) His mother.
(b) His wife.
(c) His daughter.
(d) His sister.
15. Which of the following is NOT an adjective that Arroyo uses to describe his mother?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is the name Pancho Villa had before he became famous?
2. On what day of the week did La Luna's servants line up to be paid?
3. When Harriet is dancing with Arroyo, whom does she imagine she is dancing with?
4. What does the old gringo think is the one factor that permeates all relationships?
5. Which of the following items does NOT adorn the statue of Jesus hanging on the cross during the Mexican fiesta?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)