|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what weapon does General Arroyo threaten Harriet when he hears about her reaction to the fire?
(a) A sword.
(b) A slingshot.
(c) A gun.
(d) A whip.
2. What does Mr. Delaney do for a living?
(a) He is a lawyer.
(b) He is an optometrist.
(c) He is a cigarette salesman.
(d) He is a lobbyist.
3. What does the traveling party admit was one of the old gringo's biggest flaws?
(a) He was selfish.
(b) He was vain.
(c) He was hateful.
(d) He was always late.
4. Which of the following is NOT a reason the old gringo thinks he looks like an apparition?
(a) His white horse.
(b) His wrinkled skin.
(c) His blue eyes.
(d) His white hair.
5. How often did the Miranda family come to visit the hacienda during a typical year?
(b) Once or twice.
(c) More than ten times.
(d) Four or five times.
6. What was Tomás Arroyo's name anglicized to?
(a) Tom Brooks.
(b) Tom Shepherd.
(c) Thomas Mulvane.
(d) Thoms Smith.
7. In what city of Texas does the old gringo stop before he travels to Mexico?
(b) El Paso.
8. Where are the POWs who refuse to join with Pancho Villa held?
(a) In their own graves.
(b) In a pigsty.
(c) In a giant metal cage.
(d) In swampy waters.
9. How old was Harriet when her father left for the war?
(b) 6 months old.
10. Which of the following descriptions best describes La Garduña?
11. Which of the following does NOT travel through Mexico by use of the guerrilla train?
12. What is the name of the family that hired Harriet?
13. Who states that the old gringo is probably a man of honor?
(a) The Colonel.
(b) General Arroyo.
(d) La Garduña.
14. How does Harriet's mother respond to the news that Harriet is moving to Mexico?
(a) She is supportive.
(b) She is against it.
(c) Harriet never tells her mother she is leaving.
(d) She is apathetic.
15. How does the old gringo say goodbye to Harriet before leaving for Zacatecas?
(a) He kisses her.
(b) He does not say goodbye.
(c) He hugs her.
(d) He shakes her hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what interesting room of an old building do Harriet and the old gringo talk?
2. How many children did the old gringo have?
3. Where does the old gringo say that he wants to die?
4. How old is Pedro when he first meets the old gringo?
5. Where did Harriet complete school?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)