|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what weapon does General Arroyo threaten Harriet when he hears about her reaction to the fire?
(a) A whip.
(b) A slingshot.
(c) A gun.
(d) A sword.
2. Who organizes the cleanup of the hacienda fire?
(a) General Arroyo.
(b) Inocencio Mansalvo.
(d) The old gringo.
3. What does the old gringo have marking his grave?
(a) A bouquet of flowers.
(b) A wooden cross.
(c) A granite stone.
4. How many people accompany Harriet as she makes her way over the Mexican border?
5. What does La Garduña do for a living?
(a) She is a soldier.
(b) She is an artist.
(c) She is a cook.
(d) She is a prostitute.
6. In what war did the old gringo fight?
(a) The Civil War.
(b) The Vietnam War.
(c) World War II.
(d) World War I.
7. Why doesn't the old gringo answer any of the horse salesman's questions?
(a) Because he doesn't speak to peasants.
(b) None of these answers is correct.
(c) Because he doesn't speak Spanish.
(d) Because he is worried about being followed.
8. What type of church does Harriet attend weekly?
9. Which military character does the old gringo think will test him more than any other character in the novel?
(b) Inocencio Mansalvo.
(c) The Colonel.
(d) General Arroyo.
10. What newspaper did the old gringo once write for?
(a) The San Francisco Chronicle.
(b) The New York Times.
(c) The Chicago Tribune.
(d) The Boston Review.
11. What does the Colonel claim gringos come to the land of the Aztecs to do?
(a) Meet their destinies.
(b) Challenge their gods.
(c) Create their riches.
(d) Fight their demons.
12. How old is Mr. Delaney?
(a) In his fifties.
(b) In his twenties.
(c) In his thirties.
(d) In his forties.
13. Where does Harriet begin to teach the guerrilla children?
(a) In the stage car.
(b) In a field.
(c) In the ballroom.
(d) Down by the river.
14. What part of battle does the old gringo think will be the most exciting and noble?
(a) Caring for the injured.
(b) Working as a spy in enemy quarters.
(c) Loading ammunition for the soldiers.
(d) Fighting on the front lines.
15. How old was Harriet when her father left for the war?
(a) 6 months old.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the old gringo say goodbye to Harriet before leaving for Zacatecas?
2. What does Mr. Delaney do for a living?
3. What type of food is served to the old gringo on the night he arrives at the guerrilla camp?
4. Which of the following is NOT a reason the old gringo thinks he looks like an apparition?
5. Which of the following descriptions best describes La Garduña?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)