|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of accent does Harriet have?
(b) East coast.
(d) New England.
2. Where had Harriet been living before moving to Washington D.C.?
(a) New York.
(d) San Francisco.
3. What creature is present in the bottom of every mescal bottle?
(a) A worm.
(b) A butterfly.
(c) A cricket.
(d) A beetle.
4. What does the Colonel claim gringos come to the land of the Aztecs to do?
(a) Challenge their gods.
(b) Fight their demons.
(c) Meet their destinies.
(d) Create their riches.
5. How does the old gringo say goodbye to Harriet before leaving for Zacatecas?
(a) He shakes her hand.
(b) He hugs her.
(c) He kisses her.
(d) He does not say goodbye.
6. What does the old gringo have marking his grave?
(a) A granite stone.
(b) A bouquet of flowers.
(c) A wooden cross.
7. What does Harriet suspect of Mr. Delaney.
(a) That he is involved in some shady business deals.
(b) That he is embezzling.
(c) That he is secretly married.
(d) That he is dating someone else on the side.
8. How many children did the old gringo have?
9. Which of the following does NOT surprise the old gringo when he arrives in Mexico?
(a) The youth of the nation.
(b) The height of the buildings.
(c) The amount of people on the streets.
(d) The modern cars.
10. Which meal do the old man and woman in the tiny hut invite the old gringo to eat with them?
11. How does the old gringo travel from Texas to Mexico?
(a) By car.
(b) By train.
(c) On foot.
(d) On horseback.
12. What part of Harriet does the old gringo think is the only living thing in the desert?
(a) Her spirit.
(b) Her heart.
(c) Her hair.
(d) Her skin.
13. What does the general tell the old gringo to tend to when he says that he wants to fight?
(a) His life.
(b) His family.
(c) His health.
(d) His garden.
14. What color are all the clothes that the old gringo wears to travel?
15. What does the old gringo think about after he witnesses the explosion?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Harriet dreams of Tomás, what thought takes over her mind?
2. What color is the horse that the old gringo purchases?
3. What type of person does the old gringo compare General Arroyo to?
4. Why has Harriet come to Mexico?
5. From whom were the land grants to the Mexican people?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)