|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the old gringo have marking his grave?
(a) A bouquet of flowers.
(b) A wooden cross.
(c) A granite stone.
2. In what city of Mexico did the old gringo die?
3. Where are the traveling group taking the body of the old gringo?
(a) To Camargo.
(b) To Durango.
(c) To Culiacán.
(d) To Saltillo.
4. What skill did the old gringo have that impressed Pedro?
(d) Finding edible plants.
5. What relationship did Harriet and Tomás have in Mexico?
(a) They were coworkers.
(b) They were acquaintances.
(c) They were neighbors.
(d) They were lovers.
6. How does the army of guerrilla soldiers travel through Mexico?
(a) By horseback.
(b) On foot.
(c) By train.
(d) By boat.
7. What does Mr. Delaney do for a living?
(a) He is a cigarette salesman.
(b) He is a lawyer.
(c) He is an optometrist.
(d) He is a lobbyist.
8. How old was Harriet when her father left for the war?
(d) 6 months old.
9. Which of the following does NOT surprise the old gringo when he arrives in Mexico?
(a) The modern cars.
(b) The amount of people on the streets.
(c) The height of the buildings.
(d) The youth of the nation.
10. Which of the following does NOT travel through Mexico by use of the guerrilla train?
11. What animal do some of the soldiers compare the old gringo to?
(a) A flamingo.
(b) An owl.
(c) A peacock.
(d) An eagle.
12. What is the name of the Colonel who oversees the soldiers at the old gringo's graveside?
(a) Colonel Fred Lopez.
(b) Colonel Franklin McGeeves.
(c) Colonel Frutos García.
(d) Colonel Fred Ferrett.
13. How many children did the old gringo have?
14. What is the name of the type of home that the family who hired Harriet live in called?
(a) A casa.
(b) A castillo.
(c) A biblioteca.
(d) A hacienda.
15. In what city of Texas does the old gringo stop before he travels to Mexico?
(b) El Paso.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does General Arroyo think should be put in the position of protecting Harriet?
2. What adjective does the old gringo use to describe his journalism work to Harriet?
3. What color are all the clothes that the old gringo wears to travel?
4. What explodes in front of the old gringo right as he is entering Mexico?
5. In which part of Mexico did Harriet live?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)