|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of Harriet does the old gringo think is the only living thing in the desert?
(a) Her spirit.
(b) Her hair.
(c) Her heart.
(d) Her skin.
2. How does the old gringo travel from Texas to Mexico?
(a) On horseback.
(b) By train.
(c) By car.
(d) On foot.
3. How old is Mr. Delaney?
(a) In his fifties.
(b) In his forties.
(c) In his thirties.
(d) In his twenties.
4. Why does the old gringo think that Harriet was hired?
(a) Because she is the best teacher in the nation.
(b) As a mistake.
(c) As cover for an escape.
(d) For her stunning good looks.
5. What does La Garduña do for a living?
(a) She is a prostitute.
(b) She is a cook.
(c) She is an artist.
(d) She is a soldier.
6. Why doesn't the old gringo answer any of the horse salesman's questions?
(a) Because he doesn't speak to peasants.
(b) Because he doesn't speak Spanish.
(c) None of these answers is correct.
(d) Because he is worried about being followed.
7. Which of the following does NOT surprise the old gringo when he arrives in Mexico?
(a) The modern cars.
(b) The youth of the nation.
(c) The height of the buildings.
(d) The amount of people on the streets.
8. How often did the Miranda family come to visit the hacienda during a typical year?
(a) Four or five times.
(c) Once or twice.
(d) More than ten times.
9. What does the old gringo think about after he witnesses the explosion?
10. How old was Harriet when her father left for the war?
(c) 6 months old.
11. How does Harriet's mother respond to the news that Harriet is moving to Mexico?
(a) She is against it.
(b) She is supportive.
(c) She is apathetic.
(d) Harriet never tells her mother she is leaving.
12. What color are all the clothes that the old gringo wears to travel?
13. Which of the following statements is true about General Arroyo?
(a) He is illiterate.
(b) He is blind.
(c) He is dyslexic.
(d) He is deaf.
14. Where does Harriet begin to teach the guerrilla children?
(a) In a field.
(b) Down by the river.
(c) In the ballroom.
(d) In the stage car.
15. What does Harriet suspect of Mr. Delaney.
(a) That he is involved in some shady business deals.
(b) That he is secretly married.
(c) That he is dating someone else on the side.
(d) That he is embezzling.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT offered to the old gringo after he shoots the coin?
2. Why has Harriet come to Mexico?
3. How many people accompany Harriet as she makes her way over the Mexican border?
4. Who states that the old gringo is probably a man of honor?
5. Which of the following does NOT travel through Mexico by use of the guerrilla train?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)