|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color are all the clothes that the old gringo wears to travel?
2. What was the name of the young boy who accompanied Harriet to the Mexican border?
3. What branch of the armed forces did Harriet move to be closer to?
(a) The Air Force.
(b) The Navy.
(c) The Army.
(d) The Marines.
4. Where are the traveling group taking the body of the old gringo?
(a) To Culiacán.
(b) To Saltillo.
(c) To Camargo.
(d) To Durango.
5. What does the traveling party admit was one of the old gringo's biggest flaws?
(a) He was hateful.
(b) He was selfish.
(c) He was always late.
(d) He was vain.
6. How does the general respond to his ruined peso coin?
(a) He is disgusted.
(b) He is impressed.
(c) He is apathetic.
(d) He is furious.
7. What does the old gringo think is the path that all young men must take?
(a) To travel the world.
(b) To find their perfect woman.
(c) To challenge their father figures.
(d) To fight for righteousness.
8. Which of the following is NOT a reason the old gringo thinks he looks like an apparition?
(a) His blue eyes.
(b) His wrinkled skin.
(c) His white hair.
(d) His white horse.
9. As an adult, in what city does Harriet live?
(b) Washington D.C.
(d) New York City.
10. Which of the following adjectives does Harriet use in reference to the general during their argument?
11. What does Harriet remember the young Mexican boy who accompanied her to the Mexican border carrying?
(a) A gun.
(b) A stuffed animal.
(c) A blanket.
(d) A lollipop.
12. Why does the old gringo think that Harriet was hired?
(a) As cover for an escape.
(b) For her stunning good looks.
(c) As a mistake.
(d) Because she is the best teacher in the nation.
13. In what interesting room of an old building do Harriet and the old gringo talk?
(a) In the ballroom.
(b) In the conservatory.
(c) In the parlor.
(d) In the library.
14. How long have Harriet and Mr. Delaney been dating?
(a) Two years.
(b) Fifteen years.
(c) Six months.
(d) Eight years.
15. Where does Harriet sleep at night?
(a) In the train car.
(b) In the old gringo's tent.
(c) In a small wooden hut by the river.
(d) In the woods.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did La Luna get her name?
2. What animal do some of the soldiers compare the old gringo to?
3. How many days did the old gringo wander about the desert before finding the guerrillas?
4. What does the Colonel claim gringos come to the land of the Aztecs to do?
5. Which of the following does NOT travel through Mexico by use of the guerrilla train?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)