|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of church does Harriet attend weekly?
2. Why has Harriet come to Mexico?
(a) To fight in the war.
(b) To teach.
(c) To study.
(d) To work on her art.
3. What type of feeling does the old gringo begin to have toward General Arroyo after meeting alone with him in his home?
4. How old is Harriet when she arrives in Mexico?
(a) In her thirties.
(b) In her forties.
(c) In her twenties.
(d) In her teens.
5. How long have Harriet and Mr. Delaney been dating?
(a) Fifteen years.
(b) Six months.
(c) Two years.
(d) Eight years.
6. What color are all the clothes that the old gringo wears to travel?
7. What does Mr. Delaney do for a living?
(a) He is a lobbyist.
(b) He is an optometrist.
(c) He is a lawyer.
(d) He is a cigarette salesman.
8. Where are the traveling group taking the body of the old gringo?
(a) To Camargo.
(b) To Saltillo.
(c) To Durango.
(d) To Culiacán.
9. What type of work did the old gringo do while he was fighting in the Civil War?
10. How did La Luna get her name?
(a) For her dreamy way of speaking.
(b) For her crazy personality.
(c) For her round face.
(d) For her astrological skills.
11. When Harriet dreams of Tomás, what thought takes over her mind?
(a) What could have been between them.
(b) What she has lost.
(c) Where they once lived.
(d) How they met each other.
12. How often did the Miranda family come to visit the hacienda during a typical year?
(b) More than ten times.
(c) Once or twice.
(d) Four or five times.
13. What does the general tell the old gringo to tend to when he says that he wants to fight?
(a) His garden.
(b) His health.
(c) His life.
(d) His family.
14. What newspaper did the old gringo once write for?
(a) The Boston Review.
(b) The San Francisco Chronicle.
(c) The Chicago Tribune.
(d) The New York Times.
15. What does General Arroyo store in the wooden box in his train car?
(a) Old papers.
(c) Enemy scalps.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of accent does Harriet have?
2. How does the old gringo travel from Texas to Mexico?
3. Where does Harriet begin to teach the guerrilla children?
4. What does La Garduña do for a living?
5. What type of food is served to the old gringo on the night he arrives at the guerrilla camp?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)