|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Harriet's last name?
2. Where does Harriet sleep at night?
(a) In the old gringo's tent.
(b) In the train car.
(c) In a small wooden hut by the river.
(d) In the woods.
3. From whom were the land grants to the Mexican people?
(a) The king of Russia.
(b) The king of Portugal.
(c) The king of Spain.
(d) The king of England.
4. What type of feeling does the old gringo begin to have toward General Arroyo after meeting alone with him in his home?
5. Why does the old gringo think that Harriet was hired?
(a) For her stunning good looks.
(b) As a mistake.
(c) As cover for an escape.
(d) Because she is the best teacher in the nation.
6. Why doesn't the old gringo answer any of the horse salesman's questions?
(a) Because he is worried about being followed.
(b) None of these answers is correct.
(c) Because he doesn't speak to peasants.
(d) Because he doesn't speak Spanish.
7. What explodes in front of the old gringo right as he is entering Mexico?
(a) A building.
(b) A volcano.
(c) A car.
(d) A bridge.
8. When Harriet dreams of Tomás, what thought takes over her mind?
(a) What she has lost.
(b) What could have been between them.
(c) How they met each other.
(d) Where they once lived.
9. What is Harriet's nationality?
10. As an adult, in what city does Harriet live?
(a) Washington D.C.
(c) New York City.
11. How many days did the old gringo wander about the desert before finding the guerrillas?
(a) Three days.
(b) Five days.
(c) Six days.
(d) Four days.
12. What creature is present in the bottom of every mescal bottle?
(a) A beetle.
(b) A cricket.
(c) A worm.
(d) A butterfly.
13. What is the name of the Colonel who oversees the soldiers at the old gringo's graveside?
(a) Colonel Fred Lopez.
(b) Colonel Frutos García.
(c) Colonel Fred Ferrett.
(d) Colonel Franklin McGeeves.
14. How many children did the old gringo have?
15. In what city of Texas does the old gringo stop before he travels to Mexico?
(d) El Paso.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does General Arroyo feel about the hacienda?
2. How old is Mr. Delaney?
3. Who organizes the cleanup of the hacienda fire?
4. Which of the following is NOT offered to the old gringo after he shoots the coin?
5. How often did the Miranda family come to visit the hacienda during a typical year?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)