|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whom were the land grants to the Mexican people?
(a) The king of Portugal.
(b) The king of Spain.
(c) The king of Russia.
(d) The king of England.
2. What does the Colonel say is the only frontier left for gringos?
(a) The South.
(b) The East.
(c) The North.
(d) The West.
3. What does the old gringo think will be atonement for his writing career?
(a) Being forgotten by his family.
(b) None of these answers is correct.
(c) Dying in Mexico.
(d) Living forever through his words.
4. What does the old gringo have marking his grave?
(a) A wooden cross.
(b) A granite stone.
(c) A bouquet of flowers.
5. What was the name of the young boy who accompanied Harriet to the Mexican border?
6. In what type of Mexican climate did Harriet live?
7. What skill did the old gringo have that impressed Pedro?
(a) Finding edible plants.
8. What branch of the armed forces did Harriet move to be closer to?
(a) The Air Force.
(b) The Marines.
(c) The Navy.
(d) The Army.
9. How old is Harriet when she arrives in Mexico?
(a) In her thirties.
(b) In her twenties.
(c) In her forties.
(d) In her teens.
10. What was Tomás Arroyo's name anglicized to?
(a) Tom Shepherd.
(b) Tom Brooks.
(c) Thomas Mulvane.
(d) Thoms Smith.
11. Which of the following is NOT offered to the old gringo after he shoots the coin?
(b) A bed to sleep on.
(c) A sombrero.
12. What is the name of the type of home that the family who hired Harriet live in called?
(a) A biblioteca.
(b) A casa.
(c) A hacienda.
(d) A castillo.
13. What does the old gringo think is the path that all young men must take?
(a) To fight for righteousness.
(b) To challenge their father figures.
(c) To find their perfect woman.
(d) To travel the world.
14. Who states that the old gringo is probably a man of honor?
(a) La Garduña.
(b) General Arroyo.
(d) The Colonel.
15. What is the name of the family that hired Harriet?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Delaney do for a living?
2. Which of the following is NOT a reason the old gringo thinks he looks like an apparition?
3. What does the general throw into the air for the old gringo to shoot?
4. How does the old gringo say goodbye to Harriet before leaving for Zacatecas?
5. How does Harriet's mother respond to the news that Harriet is moving to Mexico?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)