|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of work did the old gringo do while he was fighting in the Civil War?
2. How many children did the old gringo have?
3. Where are the traveling group taking the body of the old gringo?
(a) To Camargo.
(b) To Culiacán.
(c) To Durango.
(d) To Saltillo.
4. What skill did the old gringo have that impressed Pedro?
(a) Finding edible plants.
5. What type of person does the old gringo compare General Arroyo to?
(a) A buffoon.
(b) A sycophant.
(c) A dictator.
(d) A revolutionary.
6. How long have Harriet and Mr. Delaney been dating?
(a) Eight years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Fifteen years.
(d) Six months.
7. What does the old gringo admire most in Harriet's character?
(a) Her spunk.
(b) Her good looks.
(c) Her intelligence.
(d) Her clothing.
8. What art form did Harriet's family collect from uninterested Europeans?
9. What does the old gringo think about after he witnesses the explosion?
10. How does the old gringo say goodbye to Harriet before leaving for Zacatecas?
(a) He does not say goodbye.
(b) He kisses her.
(c) He shakes her hand.
(d) He hugs her.
11. What does the old gringo regularly dream of?
(b) Being comfortable.
12. Where is the old gringo buried?
(a) In a field of flowers.
(b) In the desert.
(c) In the mountains.
(d) In a riverbank.
13. Who does General Arroyo think should be put in the position of protecting Harriet?
(a) Inocencio Mansalvo.
(c) The old gringo.
(d) No one, he believes Harriet should be turned away.
14. What explodes in front of the old gringo right as he is entering Mexico?
(a) A building.
(b) A volcano.
(c) A car.
(d) A bridge.
15. Which military character does the old gringo think will test him more than any other character in the novel?
(b) Inocencio Mansalvo.
(c) General Arroyo.
(d) The Colonel.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city of Texas does the old gringo stop before he travels to Mexico?
2. How old is Harriet when she arrives in Mexico?
3. What color is the horse that the old gringo purchases?
4. What part of Harriet does the old gringo think is the only living thing in the desert?
5. What does Harriet remember the young Mexican boy who accompanied her to the Mexican border carrying?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)