|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of person does the old gringo compare General Arroyo to?
(a) A sycophant.
(b) A revolutionary.
(c) A dictator.
(d) A buffoon.
2. Which of the following states was NOT at least partially owned by the family that originally owned the train car General Arroyo is sleeping in?
3. How does General Arroyo feel about the hacienda?
(a) He thinks nothing of it.
(b) He hates it.
(c) He respects it.
(d) He appreciates it.
4. What is the other name the Mexican characters in the novel give to the old gringo?
(a) Old Señor.
(b) Old geezer.
(c) Old Tom.
(d) Old man.
5. What does General Arroyo store in the wooden box in his train car?
(c) Old papers.
(d) Enemy scalps.
6. Which military character does the old gringo think will test him more than any other character in the novel?
(b) General Arroyo.
(c) Inocencio Mansalvo.
(d) The Colonel.
7. How often did the Miranda family come to visit the hacienda during a typical year?
(a) Once or twice.
(b) Four or five times.
(d) More than ten times.
8. What explodes in front of the old gringo right as he is entering Mexico?
(a) A building.
(b) A car.
(c) A volcano.
(d) A bridge.
9. How old is Mr. Delaney?
(a) In his twenties.
(b) In his forties.
(c) In his fifties.
(d) In his thirties.
10. As an adult, in what city does Harriet live?
(b) New York City.
(c) Washington D.C.
11. Which of the following adjectives best describes the decor in General Arroyo's home?
12. In what type of Mexican climate did Harriet live?
13. How old was Harriet when her father left for the war?
(c) 6 months old.
14. What skill did the old gringo have that impressed Pedro?
(c) Finding edible plants.
15. How does the army of guerrilla soldiers travel through Mexico?
(a) By boat.
(b) By train.
(c) On foot.
(d) By horseback.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of battle does the old gringo think will be the most exciting and noble?
2. What branch of the armed forces did Harriet move to be closer to?
3. Which of the following does NOT surprise the old gringo when he arrives in Mexico?
4. What does the old gringo believe is the fate of every revolutionary?
5. Which of the following does NOT travel through Mexico by use of the guerrilla train?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)