|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Harriet complete school?
(a) At a private school.
(b) At a public school.
(c) She had a tutor.
(d) At a finishing school.
2. How old is Pedro when he first meets the old gringo?
3. How many children did the old gringo have?
4. Where are the POWs who refuse to join with Pancho Villa held?
(a) In swampy waters.
(b) In a pigsty.
(c) In a giant metal cage.
(d) In their own graves.
5. Why does General Arroyo decide to burn down the hacienda?
(a) To earn the insurance money.
(b) To teach the guerrillas a lesson.
(c) To search for bones buried under the buildings.
(d) To embarrass the owners.
6. What was Tomás Arroyo's name anglicized to?
(a) Tom Shepherd.
(b) Tom Brooks.
(c) Thomas Mulvane.
(d) Thoms Smith.
7. What does Inocencio Mansalvo think the old gringo has come into the desert to do?
8. How does General Arroyo feel about the hacienda?
(a) He respects it.
(b) He thinks nothing of it.
(c) He hates it.
(d) He appreciates it.
9. How old is Mr. Delaney?
(a) In his twenties.
(b) In his thirties.
(c) In his forties.
(d) In his fifties.
10. From whom were the land grants to the Mexican people?
(a) The king of Spain.
(b) The king of Russia.
(c) The king of Portugal.
(d) The king of England.
11. What part of battle does the old gringo think will be the most exciting and noble?
(a) Working as a spy in enemy quarters.
(b) Loading ammunition for the soldiers.
(c) Fighting on the front lines.
(d) Caring for the injured.
12. What does the general tell the old gringo to tend to when he says that he wants to fight?
(a) His health.
(b) His life.
(c) His family.
(d) His garden.
13. Which of the following does NOT travel through Mexico by use of the guerrilla train?
14. How does the army of guerrilla soldiers travel through Mexico?
(a) By train.
(b) On foot.
(c) By horseback.
(d) By boat.
15. How does Harriet's mother respond to the news that Harriet is moving to Mexico?
(a) Harriet never tells her mother she is leaving.
(b) She is against it.
(c) She is supportive.
(d) She is apathetic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harriet remember the young Mexican boy who accompanied her to the Mexican border carrying?
2. Where is the old gringo buried?
3. Which of the following states was NOT at least partially owned by the family that originally owned the train car General Arroyo is sleeping in?
4. What does Harriet suspect of Mr. Delaney.
5. What color are all the clothes that the old gringo wears to travel?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)