|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a reason the old gringo thinks he looks like an apparition?
(a) His wrinkled skin.
(b) His blue eyes.
(c) His white horse.
(d) His white hair.
2. Which of the following is NOT offered to the old gringo after he shoots the coin?
(c) A sombrero.
(d) A bed to sleep on.
3. How many children did the old gringo have?
4. What art form did Harriet's family collect from uninterested Europeans?
5. In what city of Mexico did the old gringo die?
6. Who states that the old gringo is probably a man of honor?
(a) The Colonel.
(b) General Arroyo.
(c) La Garduña.
7. What is Harriet's last name?
8. How many days did the old gringo wander about the desert before finding the guerrillas?
(a) Four days.
(b) Five days.
(c) Six days.
(d) Three days.
9. Why has Harriet come to Mexico?
(a) To study.
(b) To teach.
(c) To work on her art.
(d) To fight in the war.
10. What does the old gringo think about after he witnesses the explosion?
11. What was the name of the young boy who accompanied Harriet to the Mexican border?
12. What explodes in front of the old gringo right as he is entering Mexico?
(a) A car.
(b) A volcano.
(c) A building.
(d) A bridge.
13. Which of the following characters does NOT accompany Harriet Winslow to the border?
(a) La Garduña.
(b) The Colonel.
(d) Inocensia Mansalvo.
14. What does the old gringo admire most in Harriet's character?
(a) Her intelligence.
(b) Her clothing.
(c) Her good looks.
(d) Her spunk.
15. What type of work did the old gringo do while he was fighting in the Civil War?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the general throw into the air for the old gringo to shoot?
2. What type of church does Harriet attend weekly?
3. How did La Luna get her name?
4. Which of the following descriptions best describes La Garduña?
5. What does General Arroyo store in the wooden box in his train car?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)