|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following descriptions best describes La Garduña?
2. Whom does Harriet live with in Washington D.C.?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her best friend.
3. What part of Harriet does the old gringo think is the only living thing in the desert?
(a) Her skin.
(b) Her hair.
(c) Her spirit.
(d) Her heart.
4. What type of person does the old gringo compare General Arroyo to?
(a) A revolutionary.
(b) A dictator.
(c) A sycophant.
(d) A buffoon.
5. Where does Harriet find the notice for an English teacher in Mexico?
(a) In the mail.
(b) Through the telegraph wires.
(c) Posted on the church bulletin board.
(d) In a newspaper.
6. Where did Harriet complete school?
(a) She had a tutor.
(b) At a public school.
(c) At a finishing school.
(d) At a private school.
7. What part of battle does the old gringo think will be the most exciting and noble?
(a) Caring for the injured.
(b) Fighting on the front lines.
(c) Loading ammunition for the soldiers.
(d) Working as a spy in enemy quarters.
8. What was Tomás Arroyo's name anglicized to?
(a) Thoms Smith.
(b) Tom Shepherd.
(c) Thomas Mulvane.
(d) Tom Brooks.
9. What does the Colonel claim gringos come to the land of the Aztecs to do?
(a) Challenge their gods.
(b) Fight their demons.
(c) Create their riches.
(d) Meet their destinies.
10. How many children did the old gringo have?
11. From whom were the land grants to the Mexican people?
(a) The king of England.
(b) The king of Russia.
(c) The king of Spain.
(d) The king of Portugal.
12. Where are the traveling group taking the body of the old gringo?
(a) To Durango.
(b) To Camargo.
(c) To Culiacán.
(d) To Saltillo.
13. Where is the old gringo buried?
(a) In the mountains.
(b) In a riverbank.
(c) In the desert.
(d) In a field of flowers.
14. What does the old gringo think will be atonement for his writing career?
(a) Living forever through his words.
(b) None of these answers is correct.
(c) Being forgotten by his family.
(d) Dying in Mexico.
15. How long have Harriet and Mr. Delaney been dating?
(a) Six months.
(b) Eight years.
(c) Fifteen years.
(d) Two years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What branch of the armed forces did Harriet move to be closer to?
2. What does the old gringo fear will happen to Harriet while in Mexico?
3. Why has Harriet come to Mexico?
4. How does Harriet's mother respond to the news that Harriet is moving to Mexico?
5. What does the old gringo regularly dream of?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)