Short Essay Questions Key
1. Who is Tomás Arroyo?
2. What does Harriet remember about the boy who helped her cross the border into America?
3. What does Harriet recall about the weather in Mexico during her time there?
4. In what way does the reader get insight into Harriet Winslow's memories?
5. Where does Colonel Frutos García find the old gringo?
6. Why were the Mexican people so enamored with the old gringo?
7. What does the Colonel tell his crew about the frontiers in the world?
8. Why does the Colonel push his crew to hurry up with the old gringo's body?
9. What surprises the old gringo when he reaches El Paso, Texas?
10. What does the old gringo carry with him when he travels?
11. What is the nature of the conversation which transpires between the old gringo and the man who is selling him his horse?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)