|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does General Arroyo decide to burn down the hacienda?
(a) To search for bones buried under the buildings.
(b) To teach the guerrillas a lesson.
(c) To embarrass the owners.
(d) To earn the insurance money.
2. Which character's real name is Ambrose Bierce?
(a) Raul Walsh.
(b) The old gringo.
(c) Inocencio Mansalvo.
(d) None of the answers is correct.
3. In what city does Pancho Villa promise to help the revolutionary soldiers if they get "bogged down" in their battle?
4. Why does Harriet have the servants set to sweeping up the ashes in the hacienda?
(a) To prepare for the Mirandas' return.
(b) So they no longer track dirty footprints through the house.
(c) To clean out the dance floor for a competition.
(d) So that they no longer must eat ashes in their food.
5. What branch of the armed forces did Harriet move to be closer to?
(a) The Army.
(b) The Navy.
(c) The Air Force.
(d) The Marines.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the general respond to his ruined peso coin?
2. Where are the POWs who refuse to join with Pancho Villa held?
3. Where had Harriet been living before moving to Washington D.C.?
4. Where does Harriet begin to teach the guerrilla children?
5. Who holds Harriet back when she tries to chase Arroyo away from killing the old gringo?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)