|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT an adjective that Arroyo uses to describe his mother?
2. What does Mr. Delaney do for a living?
(a) He is a lobbyist.
(b) He is a lawyer.
(c) He is an optometrist.
(d) He is a cigarette salesman.
3. Why does the old gringo think that Harriet was hired?
(a) As a mistake.
(b) As cover for an escape.
(c) Because she is the best teacher in the nation.
(d) For her stunning good looks.
4. How does Arroyo kill the old gringo?
(a) He beats him to death.
(b) He stabs him.
(c) He shoots him.
(d) He strangles him.
5. How did Arroyo plan to shame his father?
(a) By denying that he was his father's son.
(b) By refusing to help his father when he was in need.
(c) By not looking at him when he died.
(d) By stealing all of his father's belongings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of Harriet does the old gringo think is the only living thing in the desert?
2. When Harriet is dancing with Arroyo, whom does she imagine she is dancing with?
3. Where does Harriet sleep at night?
4. What does Arroyo hope Harriet will take back to America with her?
5. What relationship does Harriet claim to have with the old gringo in front of Pancho Villa?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)