|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Arroyo think Harriet smells like?
(a) His daughter.
(b) His wife.
(c) His sister.
(d) His mother.
2. What does Harriet share with the old gringo, which makes her cling to him in Mexico?
(a) A fear of the Mexicans.
(b) The desire to travel.
(c) American roots.
(d) A love for literature.
3. Why doesn't the old gringo answer any of the horse salesman's questions?
(a) Because he is worried about being followed.
(b) Because he doesn't speak to peasants.
(c) Because he doesn't speak Spanish.
(d) None of these answers is correct.
4. Why has Harriet come to Mexico?
(a) To fight in the war.
(b) To teach.
(c) To study.
(d) To work on her art.
5. What skill did the old gringo have that impressed Pedro?
(c) Finding edible plants.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Harriet is forced to dance with Arroyo in the ballroom, where does she imagine that she is?
2. How can the old gringo tell that La Luna is an educated woman?
3. What does the general throw into the air for the old gringo to shoot?
4. How does Harriet's mother respond to the news that Harriet is moving to Mexico?
5. In what city of Mexico did the old gringo die?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)