|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Harriet feel after she makes love to Arroyo?
2. Why does Harriet have the servants set to sweeping up the ashes in the hacienda?
(a) So that they no longer must eat ashes in their food.
(b) To prepare for the Mirandas' return.
(c) To clean out the dance floor for a competition.
(d) So they no longer track dirty footprints through the house.
3. What does Harriet think the old gringo smells like?
(a) A ray of sunshine.
(b) A fresh bath.
(c) A garden of lilac.
(d) A sandy shore.
4. In the dream Arroyo has in which his mother is legally married to his father, what becomes of his father's other wife?
(a) She is a teacher.
(b) She is a spinster.
(c) She is a tailor.
(d) She is a beggar.
5. Which of the following best describes La Luna's husband?
Short Answer Questions
1. What explodes in front of the old gringo right as he is entering Mexico?
2. Where had Harriet been living before moving to Washington D.C.?
3. When do the Mexican people take siesta?
4. Whom does Arroyo think Harriet smells like?
5. What does the Colonel say is the only frontier left for gringos?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)