|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the old gringo think is the path that all young men must take?
(a) To find their perfect woman.
(b) To fight for righteousness.
(c) To challenge their father figures.
(d) To travel the world.
2. What type of dog was penned in with Arroyo when he was hiding in La Luna's home?
3. Where did Harriet complete school?
(a) At a public school.
(b) At a finishing school.
(c) At a private school.
(d) She had a tutor.
4. How does the old gringo travel from Texas to Mexico?
(a) By train.
(b) On foot.
(c) On horseback.
(d) By car.
5. How does General Arroyo feel about the hacienda?
(a) He respects it.
(b) He hates it.
(c) He appreciates it.
(d) He thinks nothing of it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which military character does the old gringo think will test him more than any other character in the novel?
2. Why does General Arroyo pull his hat down and his serape up?
3. How does the army of guerrilla soldiers travel through Mexico?
4. What does Harriet think the old gringo smells like?
5. Which of the following adjectives does Harriet use in reference to the general during their argument?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)