|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do the Mexican people take siesta?
(a) After lunch.
(b) After dinner.
(c) Before bed.
(d) After breakfast.
2. After the old gringo returns from battle and goes to greet Harriet, what has she just finished doing?
3. What skill did the old gringo have that impressed Pedro?
(c) Finding edible plants.
4. What reason does Colonel García give Pedro for the women waiting in line outside the village?
(a) They are hoping for food handouts.
(b) They are refugees hoping for asylum.
(c) They are in love with the returning men.
(d) They are delirious with thirst.
5. Whom does Arroyo think Harriet smells like?
(a) His wife.
(b) His mother.
(c) His daughter.
(d) His sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long have Harriet and Mr. Delaney been dating?
2. What is the name of the type of home that the family who hired Harriet live in called?
3. In what city of Texas does the old gringo stop before he travels to Mexico?
4. Which of the following best describes La Luna's husband?
5. What does La Luna use to muffle the sound of her voice when she is gossiping with Harriet?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)