|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Harriet is forced to dance with Arroyo in the ballroom, where does she imagine that she is?
(a) In heaven.
(b) Back in New York.
(c) Back in Washington.
(d) Down by the sea.
2. What type of person does the old gringo compare General Arroyo to?
(a) A buffoon.
(b) A dictator.
(c) A sycophant.
(d) A revolutionary.
3. What does the old gringo admire most in Harriet's character?
(a) Her intelligence.
(b) Her good looks.
(c) Her spunk.
(d) Her clothing.
4. What does Arroyo hope Harriet will take back to America with her?
(b) Memories of Mexico.
(c) The Mexican children.
(d) Nothing, Arroyo hopes Harriet will never leave.
5. What is the other name the Mexican characters in the novel give to the old gringo?
(a) Old Tom.
(b) Old geezer.
(c) Old man.
(d) Old Señor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long have Harriet and Mr. Delaney been dating?
2. Which of the following statements is true about General Arroyo?
3. Where does Harriet find the notice for an English teacher in Mexico?
4. Why has Harriet come to Mexico?
5. Where did Harriet complete school?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)