|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of Harriet does the old gringo think is the only living thing in the desert?
(a) Her spirit.
(b) Her hair.
(c) Her heart.
(d) Her skin.
2. When Harriet dreams of Tomás, what thought takes over her mind?
(a) What could have been between them.
(b) Where they once lived.
(c) How they met each other.
(d) What she has lost.
3. What does the old gringo fear will happen to Harriet while in Mexico?
(a) That she will be dissatisfied.
(b) That she will want to leave.
(c) That she will fall in love with him.
(d) That she will be killed.
4. What type of dog was penned in with Arroyo when he was hiding in La Luna's home?
5. Where does Harriet begin to teach the guerrilla children?
(a) In the stage car.
(b) Down by the river.
(c) In the ballroom.
(d) In a field.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of church does Harriet attend weekly?
2. How does the old gringo say goodbye to Harriet before leaving for Zacatecas?
3. On what day of the week did La Luna's servants line up to be paid?
4. What does La Luna say women are that men are not?
5. What art form did Harriet's family collect from uninterested Europeans?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)