|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As an adult, in what city does Harriet live?
(a) New York City.
(c) Washington D.C.
2. What does Mr. Delaney do for a living?
(a) He is a lawyer.
(b) He is a cigarette salesman.
(c) He is an optometrist.
(d) He is a lobbyist.
3. What does Harriet suspect of Mr. Delaney.
(a) That he is secretly married.
(b) That he is involved in some shady business deals.
(c) That he is embezzling.
(d) That he is dating someone else on the side.
4. What part of Harriet does the old gringo think is the only living thing in the desert?
(a) Her spirit.
(b) Her heart.
(c) Her skin.
(d) Her hair.
5. What does the old gringo regularly dream of?
(c) Being comfortable.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the old gringo think about after he witnesses the explosion?
2. How does Arroyo kill the old gringo?
3. In what interesting room of an old building do Harriet and the old gringo talk?
4. What does Inocencio Mansalvo think the old gringo has come into the desert to do?
5. Why does the old gringo think that Harriet was hired?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)