|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What branch of the armed forces did Harriet move to be closer to?
(a) The Marines.
(b) The Navy.
(c) The Army.
(d) The Air Force.
2. How does Harriet's mother respond to the news that Harriet is moving to Mexico?
(a) She is against it.
(b) Harriet never tells her mother she is leaving.
(c) She is supportive.
(d) She is apathetic.
3. Who is the current leader of Mexico at the time of the book?
(a) Manuel González.
(b) Francisco I. Madero.
(c) Porfirio Diaz.
(d) Juan N. Méndez.
4. How does the old gringo feel when he thinks back on his time in the Civil War?
(a) He feels pangs of love.
(b) He doesn't remember anything about the war.
(c) He rejoices.
(d) He wishes the fight could have lasted longer.
5. Which woman runs up the arriving soldiers and immediately begins flirting with them?
(a) La Garduña.
(d) La Luna.
Short Answer Questions
1. As an adult, in what city does Harriet live?
2. What does La Garduña do for a living?
3. Where does the old gringo say that he wants to die?
4. What animal do some of the soldiers compare the old gringo to?
5. Where are the traveling group taking the body of the old gringo?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)