|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gave young Arroyo the box of papers that declared him rightful owner of the hacienda?
(a) Inocencio Mansalvo.
(b) His father.
(c) Don Graciano.
(d) La Luna.
2. After the old gringo dies, what freak weather occurs in the desert?
(a) It hails.
(b) It rains.
(c) A tornado strikes.
(d) It snows.
3. What is the name of the family that hired Harriet?
4. What does the Colonel say is the only frontier left for gringos?
(a) The West.
(b) The South.
(c) The East.
(d) The North.
5. What does Harriet claim dried up in the heat of Mexico?
(a) Her love.
(b) Her hope.
(c) Her dreams.
(d) Her faith.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of accent does Harriet have?
2. What does Mr. Delaney do for a living?
3. How does the old gringo say goodbye to Harriet before leaving for Zacatecas?
4. When Harriet is forced to dance with Arroyo in the ballroom, where does she imagine that she is?
5. What does don Graciano allow young Arroyo to hold while he is working in the hacienda?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)