|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Colonel say is the only frontier left for gringos?
(a) The North.
(b) The South.
(c) The West.
(d) The East.
2. How does Harriet's mother respond to the news that Harriet is moving to Mexico?
(a) She is apathetic.
(b) Harriet never tells her mother she is leaving.
(c) She is supportive.
(d) She is against it.
3. What color are all the clothes that the old gringo wears to travel?
4. What is the one room that Arroyo does NOT destroy when he burns the hacienda to the ground?
(a) The servants' quarters.
(b) The stables.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The ballroom.
5. What adjective does the old gringo use to describe his journalism work to Harriet?
(b) Misrepresenting himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the old gringo say goodbye to Harriet before leaving for Zacatecas?
2. What is the other name the Mexican characters in the novel give to the old gringo?
3. How does the general respond to his ruined peso coin?
4. Where is the old gringo buried?
5. When do the Mexican people take siesta?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)