|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the one room that Arroyo does NOT destroy when he burns the hacienda to the ground?
(a) The ballroom.
(b) The servants' quarters.
(c) The stables.
(d) The kitchen.
2. How did La Luna get her name?
(a) For her dreamy way of speaking.
(b) For her astrological skills.
(c) For her crazy personality.
(d) For her round face.
3. After the old gringo dies, what freak weather occurs in the desert?
(a) It rains.
(b) It snows.
(c) A tornado strikes.
(d) It hails.
4. Which of the following characters does NOT accompany Harriet Winslow to the border?
(a) The Colonel.
(b) La Garduña.
(d) Inocensia Mansalvo.
5. What does the old gringo fear will happen to Harriet while in Mexico?
(a) That she will be dissatisfied.
(b) That she will fall in love with him.
(c) That she will want to leave.
(d) That she will be killed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does La Luna say women are that men are not?
2. How old is Mr. Delaney?
3. Whom does the old gringo hope to meet as he is traveling to Zacatecas?
4. What was Tomás Arroyo's name anglicized to?
5. What does don Graciano allow young Arroyo to hold while he is working in the hacienda?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)