|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what interesting room of an old building do Harriet and the old gringo talk?
(a) In the library.
(b) In the parlor.
(c) In the ballroom.
(d) In the conservatory.
2. Which military character does the old gringo think will test him more than any other character in the novel?
(a) General Arroyo.
(c) Inocencio Mansalvo.
(d) The Colonel.
3. Which of the following best describes La Luna's husband?
4. What animal do some of the soldiers compare the old gringo to?
(a) A peacock.
(b) An owl.
(c) A flamingo.
(d) An eagle.
5. What does the old gringo admire most in Harriet's character?
(a) Her good looks.
(b) Her spunk.
(c) Her clothing.
(d) Her intelligence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harriet claim dried up in the heat of Mexico?
2. How many days did the old gringo wander about the desert before finding the guerrillas?
3. Why has Harriet come to Mexico?
4. How long does Arroyo wait in La Luna's house without food?
5. What was Tomás Arroyo's name anglicized to?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)