|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does General Arroyo think should be put in the position of protecting Harriet?
(a) Inocencio Mansalvo.
(b) The old gringo.
(c) No one, he believes Harriet should be turned away.
2. How does the general respond to his ruined peso coin?
(a) He is furious.
(b) He is impressed.
(c) He is disgusted.
(d) He is apathetic.
3. How does the army of guerrilla soldiers travel through Mexico?
(a) By train.
(b) By horseback.
(c) On foot.
(d) By boat.
4. Where is the old gringo buried?
(a) In the mountains.
(b) In the desert.
(c) In a riverbank.
(d) In a field of flowers.
5. Which of the following statements is true about General Arroyo?
(a) He is illiterate.
(b) He is dyslexic.
(c) He is deaf.
(d) He is blind.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives does Harriet use in reference to the general during their argument?
2. What does Harriet remember the young Mexican boy who accompanied her to the Mexican border carrying?
3. What does the Colonel claim gringos come to the land of the Aztecs to do?
4. After the old gringo dies, what freak weather occurs in the desert?
5. What does Arroyo feel is keeping him prisoner in his adulthood?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)