|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Harriet sleep at night?
(a) In a small wooden hut by the river.
(b) In the train car.
(c) In the old gringo's tent.
(d) In the woods.
2. What does Arroyo hope Harriet will take back to America with her?
(a) Memories of Mexico.
(b) The Mexican children.
(c) Nothing, Arroyo hopes Harriet will never leave.
3. When Harriet is dancing with Arroyo, whom does she imagine she is dancing with?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her father.
(c) The President.
(d) The old gringo
4. Where did Harriet complete school?
(a) At a public school.
(b) She had a tutor.
(c) At a private school.
(d) At a finishing school.
5. In what interesting room of an old building do Harriet and the old gringo talk?
(a) In the ballroom.
(b) In the conservatory.
(c) In the parlor.
(d) In the library.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following descriptions best describes La Garduña?
2. Why does General Arroyo decide to burn down the hacienda?
3. What animal do some of the soldiers compare the old gringo to?
4. Whom does Harriet live with in Washington D.C.?
5. What does Harriet suspect of Mr. Delaney.
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)