|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what type of bed did Arroyo sleep when he was a child?
(a) A bale of hay.
(b) A mat.
(c) A feather bed.
(d) There was no bed. Arroyo slept on the floor.
2. What was the name of the young boy who accompanied Harriet to the Mexican border?
3. What skill did the old gringo have that impressed Pedro?
(c) Finding edible plants.
4. How long have Harriet and Mr. Delaney been dating?
(a) Fifteen years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Eight years.
(d) Six months.
5. How does Harriet's mother respond to the news that Harriet is moving to Mexico?
(a) She is against it.
(b) She is supportive.
(c) Harriet never tells her mother she is leaving.
(d) She is apathetic.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Harriet dreams of Tomás, what thought takes over her mind?
2. Who states that the old gringo is probably a man of honor?
3. What type of work did the old gringo do while he was fighting in the Civil War?
4. What type of person does the old gringo compare General Arroyo to?
5. What does Arroyo hope Harriet will take back to America with her?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)