|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Harriet live with in Washington D.C.?
(a) Her best friend.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her mother.
2. Why does Harriet have the servants set to sweeping up the ashes in the hacienda?
(a) So they no longer track dirty footprints through the house.
(b) To prepare for the Mirandas' return.
(c) To clean out the dance floor for a competition.
(d) So that they no longer must eat ashes in their food.
3. What does the old gringo think about after he witnesses the explosion?
4. What does the old gringo think will be atonement for his writing career?
(a) Dying in Mexico.
(b) Being forgotten by his family.
(c) None of these answers is correct.
(d) Living forever through his words.
5. What does La Luna say women are that men are not?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Harriet is forced to dance with Arroyo in the ballroom, where does she imagine that she is?
2. How many people accompany Harriet as she makes her way over the Mexican border?
3. How long have Harriet and Mr. Delaney been dating?
4. When do the Mexican people take siesta?
5. Which of the following is NOT an adjective that Arroyo uses to describe his mother?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)