|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What skill did the old gringo have that impressed Pedro?
(c) Finding edible plants.
2. Who is the current leader of Mexico at the time of the book?
(a) Manuel González.
(b) Porfirio Diaz.
(c) Francisco I. Madero.
(d) Juan N. Méndez.
3. How does Harriet's mother respond to the news that Harriet is moving to Mexico?
(a) She is supportive.
(b) She is against it.
(c) She is apathetic.
(d) Harriet never tells her mother she is leaving.
4. How old is Harriet when she arrives in Mexico?
(a) In her teens.
(b) In her thirties.
(c) In her twenties.
(d) In her forties.
5. How can the old gringo tell that La Luna is an educated woman?
(a) By her unmarked face.
(b) By her soft hands.
(c) By her mathematical skills.
(d) By her vocabulary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What adjective does the old gringo use to describe his journalism work to Harriet?
2. Where are the POWs who refuse to join with Pancho Villa held?
3. Which of the following is NOT something that the old gringo carries around in his suitcase?
4. Which woman runs up the arriving soldiers and immediately begins flirting with them?
5. Which of the following characters does NOT accompany Harriet Winslow to the border?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)