|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harriet call "the enemy of life"?
2. Where is the old gringo buried?
(a) In the desert.
(b) In a riverbank.
(c) In a field of flowers.
(d) In the mountains.
3. How does the general respond to his ruined peso coin?
(a) He is disgusted.
(b) He is impressed.
(c) He is furious.
(d) He is apathetic.
4. When Harriet returns to what she left in the hallway, how much has been stolen?
(a) Some of it.
(b) All of it.
(c) Over half of it.
(d) None of it.
5. What part of battle does the old gringo think will be the most exciting and noble?
(a) Working as a spy in enemy quarters.
(b) Fighting on the front lines.
(c) Caring for the injured.
(d) Loading ammunition for the soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of Harriet does the old gringo think is the only living thing in the desert?
2. What skill did the old gringo have that impressed Pedro?
3. How does Harriet's mother respond to the news that Harriet is moving to Mexico?
4. How old is Pedro when he first meets the old gringo?
5. What newspaper did the old gringo once write for?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)