|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Colonel who oversees the soldiers at the old gringo's graveside?
(a) Colonel Frutos García.
(b) Colonel Fred Ferrett.
(c) Colonel Franklin McGeeves.
(d) Colonel Fred Lopez.
2. How does the general respond to his ruined peso coin?
(a) He is impressed.
(b) He is disgusted.
(c) He is apathetic.
(d) He is furious.
3. What art form did Harriet's family collect from uninterested Europeans?
4. Which military character does the old gringo think will test him more than any other character in the novel?
(a) General Arroyo.
(b) Inocencio Mansalvo.
(c) The Colonel.
5. How many people accompany Harriet as she makes her way over the Mexican border?
Short Answer Questions
1. What branch of the armed forces did Harriet move to be closer to?
2. What does the old gringo admire most in Harriet's character?
3. Who is the current leader of Mexico at the time of the book?
4. How long have Harriet and Mr. Delaney been dating?
5. Where did Harriet's father go to fight, and never returned from?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)