|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whom were the land grants to the Mexican people?
(a) The king of England.
(b) The king of Russia.
(c) The king of Portugal.
(d) The king of Spain.
2. What does Harriet call "the enemy of life"?
3. In what room of La Luna's home did General Arroyo hide during the early days of the revolution?
(a) In her basement.
(b) In her attic.
(c) In her closet.
(d) In her bathroom.
4. What does General Arroyo store in the wooden box in his train car?
(b) Old papers.
(c) Enemy scalps.
5. What is the other name the Mexican characters in the novel give to the old gringo?
(a) Old man.
(b) Old Señor.
(c) Old geezer.
(d) Old Tom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the traveling party admit was one of the old gringo's biggest flaws?
2. What adjective does the old gringo use to describe his journalism work to Harriet?
3. When Harriet is forced to dance with Arroyo in the ballroom, where does she imagine that she is?
4. What art form did Harriet's family collect from uninterested Europeans?
5. How old is the old gringo when he reaches Mexico?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)