|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What skill did the old gringo have that impressed Pedro?
(a) Finding edible plants.
2. What does Harriet think Arroyo smells like?
(a) Over-ripe fruit.
(c) Sea side mist.
(d) A horse stable.
3. Which military character does the old gringo think will test him more than any other character in the novel?
(a) The Colonel.
(b) Inocencio Mansalvo.
(c) General Arroyo.
4. Which of the following characters does NOT accompany Harriet Winslow to the border?
(b) The Colonel.
(c) Inocensia Mansalvo.
(d) La Garduña.
5. Why does Harriet have the servants set to sweeping up the ashes in the hacienda?
(a) So that they no longer must eat ashes in their food.
(b) So they no longer track dirty footprints through the house.
(c) To clean out the dance floor for a competition.
(d) To prepare for the Mirandas' return.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of dog was penned in with Arroyo when he was hiding in La Luna's home?
2. How does General Arroyo feel about the hacienda?
3. What does the Colonel say is the only frontier left for gringos?
4. How old is Harriet when she arrives in Mexico?
5. What does don Graciano allow young Arroyo to hold while he is working in the hacienda?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)