|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How often did the Miranda family come to visit the hacienda during a typical year?
(a) More than ten times.
(b) Once or twice.
(c) Four or five times.
2. Who organizes the cleanup of the hacienda fire?
(a) Inocencio Mansalvo.
(b) The old gringo.
(d) General Arroyo.
3. When do the Mexican people take siesta?
(a) Before bed.
(b) After dinner.
(c) After lunch.
(d) After breakfast.
4. Why does the old gringo think that Harriet was hired?
(a) As a mistake.
(b) Because she is the best teacher in the nation.
(c) As cover for an escape.
(d) For her stunning good looks.
5. What does Harriet call "the enemy of life"?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Arroyo wait in La Luna's house without food?
2. Who is the current leader of Mexico at the time of the book?
3. Which of the following items does NOT adorn the statue of Jesus hanging on the cross during the Mexican fiesta?
4. What type of work did the old gringo do while he was fighting in the Civil War?
5. What does the old gringo think about after he witnesses the explosion?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)