|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What skill did the old gringo have that impressed Pedro?
(b) Finding edible plants.
2. What newspaper did the old gringo once write for?
(a) The Chicago Tribune.
(b) The Boston Review.
(c) The San Francisco Chronicle.
(d) The New York Times.
3. Why does General Arroyo decide to burn down the hacienda?
(a) To embarrass the owners.
(b) To teach the guerrillas a lesson.
(c) To earn the insurance money.
(d) To search for bones buried under the buildings.
4. How does the old gringo travel from Texas to Mexico?
(a) By train.
(b) On horseback.
(c) By car.
(d) On foot.
5. In what city of Mexico did the old gringo die?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the girl that Harriet saves by sucking phlegm out of her throat?
2. What does the old gringo admire most in Harriet's character?
3. When Harriet dreams of Tomás, what thought takes over her mind?
4. What does the old gringo think will be atonement for his writing career?
5. Why does the old gringo think that Harriet was hired?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)