|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Harriet feel after she makes love to Arroyo?
2. Who is the current leader of Mexico at the time of the book?
(a) Manuel González.
(b) Porfirio Diaz.
(c) Francisco I. Madero.
(d) Juan N. Méndez.
3. Why does General Arroyo pull his hat down and his serape up?
(a) He is brooding on possibilities.
(b) He is weeping.
(c) He is napping.
(d) He is in a fury.
4. Where did Harriet's father go to fight, and never returned from?
5. What does Mr. Delaney do for a living?
(a) He is a lobbyist.
(b) He is a cigarette salesman.
(c) He is an optometrist.
(d) He is a lawyer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of food is served to the old gringo on the night he arrives at the guerrilla camp?
2. How many children did the old gringo have?
3. Where does the old gringo say that he wants to die?
4. What type of accent does Harriet have?
5. What type of church does Harriet attend weekly?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)