|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harriet suspect of Mr. Delaney.
(a) That he is involved in some shady business deals.
(b) That he is dating someone else on the side.
(c) That he is secretly married.
(d) That he is embezzling.
2. Where had Harriet been living before moving to Washington D.C.?
(a) New York.
(b) San Francisco.
3. Which military character does the old gringo think will test him more than any other character in the novel?
(a) The Colonel.
(b) General Arroyo.
(d) Inocencio Mansalvo.
4. Where is the old gringo buried?
(a) In the mountains.
(b) In a field of flowers.
(c) In a riverbank.
(d) In the desert.
5. As an adult, in what city does Harriet live?
(a) Washington D.C.
(c) New York City.
Short Answer Questions
1. How often did the Miranda family come to visit the hacienda during a typical year?
2. What type of person does the old gringo compare General Arroyo to?
3. Which meal do the old man and woman in the tiny hut invite the old gringo to eat with them?
4. What does the general tell the old gringo to tend to when he says that he wants to fight?
5. How old is the old gringo when he reaches Mexico?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)