|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Harriet find the notice for an English teacher in Mexico?
(a) Posted on the church bulletin board.
(b) Through the telegraph wires.
(c) In a newspaper.
(d) In the mail.
2. Which of the following adjectives does Harriet use in reference to the general during their argument?
3. From whom were the land grants to the Mexican people?
(a) The king of England.
(b) The king of Portugal.
(c) The king of Spain.
(d) The king of Russia.
4. After Harriet's confrontation with General Arroyo, what beverage does she drink with the old gringo inside the Pullman car?
5. Where is the old gringo buried?
(a) In the desert.
(b) In a riverbank.
(c) In a field of flowers.
(d) In the mountains.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which part of Mexico did Harriet live?
2. What does the general throw into the air for the old gringo to shoot?
3. Where are the traveling group taking the body of the old gringo?
4. Which meal do the old man and woman in the tiny hut invite the old gringo to eat with them?
5. What color are all the clothes that the old gringo wears to travel?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)