|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal do some of the soldiers compare the old gringo to?
(a) A flamingo.
(b) A peacock.
(c) An owl.
(d) An eagle.
2. How does the old gringo say goodbye to Harriet before leaving for Zacatecas?
(a) He does not say goodbye.
(b) He hugs her.
(c) He kisses her.
(d) He shakes her hand.
3. What branch of the armed forces did Harriet move to be closer to?
(a) The Marines.
(b) The Army.
(c) The Navy.
(d) The Air Force.
4. What relationship did Harriet and Tomás have in Mexico?
(a) They were neighbors.
(b) They were acquaintances.
(c) They were coworkers.
(d) They were lovers.
5. Whom does the old gringo hope to meet as he is traveling to Zacatecas?
(a) Harriet Winslow.
(b) La Garduña.
(c) La Luna.
(d) Pancho Villa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Delaney do for a living?
2. How does Harriet's mother respond to the news that Harriet is moving to Mexico?
3. Which of the following adjectives does Harriet use in reference to the general during their argument?
4. What does the old gringo think about after he witnesses the explosion?
5. What does the old gringo regularly dream of?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)