|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long have Harriet and Mr. Delaney been dating?
(a) Two years.
(b) Eight years.
(c) Fifteen years.
(d) Six months.
2. Where does Harriet begin to teach the guerrilla children?
(a) In the stage car.
(b) In the ballroom.
(c) In a field.
(d) Down by the river.
3. With what weapon does General Arroyo threaten Harriet when he hears about her reaction to the fire?
(a) A whip.
(b) A gun.
(c) A sword.
(d) A slingshot.
4. What was the name of the young boy who accompanied Harriet to the Mexican border?
5. What newspaper did the old gringo once write for?
(a) The San Francisco Chronicle.
(b) The Boston Review.
(c) The New York Times.
(d) The Chicago Tribune.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the general respond to his ruined peso coin?
2. Which of the following is NOT a reason the old gringo thinks he looks like an apparition?
3. Why doesn't the old gringo answer any of the horse salesman's questions?
4. Who states that the old gringo is probably a man of honor?
5. What animal do some of the soldiers compare the old gringo to?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)