|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Harriet dreams of Tomás, what thought takes over her mind?
(a) What she has lost.
(b) How they met each other.
(c) What could have been between them.
(d) Where they once lived.
2. Which of the following is NOT something that the old gringo carries around in his suitcase?
(a) A copy of the book that he wrote himself.
(b) A bottle of bourbon.
(c) A gun.
(d) A copy of the book "Don Quixote".
3. How does the army of guerrilla soldiers travel through Mexico?
(a) On foot.
(b) By train.
(c) By boat.
(d) By horseback.
4. With what weapon does General Arroyo threaten Harriet when he hears about her reaction to the fire?
(a) A gun.
(b) A sword.
(c) A whip.
(d) A slingshot.
5. What is the name of the family that hired Harriet?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following states was NOT at least partially owned by the family that originally owned the train car General Arroyo is sleeping in?
2. What does Mr. Delaney do for a living?
3. What does La Garduña do for a living?
4. What newspaper did the old gringo once write for?
5. What does the Colonel say is the only frontier left for gringos?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)