|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the old gringo buried?
(a) In the mountains.
(b) In a riverbank.
(c) In the desert.
(d) In a field of flowers.
2. How often did the Miranda family come to visit the hacienda during a typical year?
(a) Four or five times.
(b) More than ten times.
(c) Once or twice.
3. With what weapon does General Arroyo threaten Harriet when he hears about her reaction to the fire?
(a) A gun.
(b) A slingshot.
(c) A sword.
(d) A whip.
4. What does Harriet claim dried up in the heat of Mexico?
(a) Her hope.
(b) Her dreams.
(c) Her love.
(d) Her faith.
5. In what city of Texas does the old gringo stop before he travels to Mexico?
(a) El Paso.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of accent does Harriet have?
2. Who does General Arroyo think should be put in the position of protecting Harriet?
3. Which of the following characters does NOT accompany Harriet Winslow to the border?
4. How old is Harriet when she arrives in Mexico?
5. Which of the following adjectives best describes the decor in General Arroyo's home?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)