|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the old gringo think about after he witnesses the explosion?
2. Where does Harriet begin to teach the guerrilla children?
(a) In the ballroom.
(b) In a field.
(c) In the stage car.
(d) Down by the river.
3. Where does Harriet find the notice for an English teacher in Mexico?
(a) Posted on the church bulletin board.
(b) In the mail.
(c) In a newspaper.
(d) Through the telegraph wires.
4. What does the general throw into the air for the old gringo to shoot?
(a) A stone.
(b) A mirror.
(c) A bird.
(d) A coin.
5. What relationship did Harriet and Tomás have in Mexico?
(a) They were acquaintances.
(b) They were coworkers.
(c) They were neighbors.
(d) They were lovers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives does Harriet use in reference to the general during their argument?
2. Which meal do the old man and woman in the tiny hut invite the old gringo to eat with them?
3. Which of the following is NOT a reason the old gringo thinks he looks like an apparition?
4. How often did the Miranda family come to visit the hacienda during a typical year?
5. Where is the old gringo buried?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)