|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is the old gringo when he reaches Mexico?
(a) In his sixties.
(b) In his forties.
(c) In his seventies.
(d) In his fifties.
2. What does the old gringo have marking his grave?
(a) A granite stone.
(b) A bouquet of flowers.
(c) A wooden cross.
3. With what weapon does General Arroyo threaten Harriet when he hears about her reaction to the fire?
(a) A whip.
(b) A sword.
(c) A gun.
(d) A slingshot.
4. Who does General Arroyo think should be put in the position of protecting Harriet?
(a) Inocencio Mansalvo.
(b) The old gringo.
(c) No one, he believes Harriet should be turned away.
5. Where does Harriet find the notice for an English teacher in Mexico?
(a) In a newspaper.
(b) Posted on the church bulletin board.
(c) Through the telegraph wires.
(d) In the mail.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days did the old gringo wander about the desert before finding the guerrillas?
2. After Harriet's confrontation with General Arroyo, what beverage does she drink with the old gringo inside the Pullman car?
3. From whom were the land grants to the Mexican people?
4. Which of the following is NOT a reason the old gringo thinks he looks like an apparition?
5. What is the name of the Colonel who oversees the soldiers at the old gringo's graveside?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)