|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what type of Mexican climate did Harriet live?
2. What does the Colonel claim gringos come to the land of the Aztecs to do?
(a) Fight their demons.
(b) Challenge their gods.
(c) Create their riches.
(d) Meet their destinies.
3. As an adult, in what city does Harriet live?
(b) Washington D.C.
(d) New York City.
4. What part of Harriet does the old gringo think is the only living thing in the desert?
(a) Her skin.
(b) Her hair.
(c) Her heart.
(d) Her spirit.
5. After Harriet's confrontation with General Arroyo, what beverage does she drink with the old gringo inside the Pullman car?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the other name the Mexican characters in the novel give to the old gringo?
2. What does Harriet remember the young Mexican boy who accompanied her to the Mexican border carrying?
3. What does Mr. Delaney do for a living?
4. What does Harriet suspect of Mr. Delaney.
5. In what city of Mexico did the old gringo die?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)