|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Delaney do for a living?
(a) He is a lobbyist.
(b) He is an optometrist.
(c) He is a cigarette salesman.
(d) He is a lawyer.
2. Where does the old gringo say that he wants to die?
(a) In a boat on the sea.
(b) In his bed.
(c) On the battle front.
(d) In Mexico.
3. Why does General Arroyo decide to burn down the hacienda?
(a) To teach the guerrillas a lesson.
(b) To earn the insurance money.
(c) To search for bones buried under the buildings.
(d) To embarrass the owners.
4. Where does Harriet find the notice for an English teacher in Mexico?
(a) In a newspaper.
(b) Through the telegraph wires.
(c) In the mail.
(d) Posted on the church bulletin board.
5. How does the old gringo travel from Texas to Mexico?
(a) On horseback.
(b) On foot.
(c) By car.
(d) By train.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the old gringo regularly dream of?
2. How many people accompany Harriet as she makes her way over the Mexican border?
3. What type of food is served to the old gringo on the night he arrives at the guerrilla camp?
4. What does the old gringo admire most in Harriet's character?
5. Which of the following adjectives does Harriet use in reference to the general during their argument?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)