|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which military character does the old gringo think will test him more than any other character in the novel?
(b) The Colonel.
(c) General Arroyo.
(d) Inocencio Mansalvo.
2. What does La Garduña do for a living?
(a) She is a prostitute.
(b) She is an artist.
(c) She is a soldier.
(d) She is a cook.
3. What is the name of the Colonel who oversees the soldiers at the old gringo's graveside?
(a) Colonel Frutos García.
(b) Colonel Fred Ferrett.
(c) Colonel Franklin McGeeves.
(d) Colonel Fred Lopez.
4. Where are the traveling group taking the body of the old gringo?
(a) To Saltillo.
(b) To Camargo.
(c) To Culiacán.
(d) To Durango.
5. How old is Mr. Delaney?
(a) In his thirties.
(b) In his fifties.
(c) In his twenties.
(d) In his forties.
Short Answer Questions
1. From whom were the land grants to the Mexican people?
2. What art form did Harriet's family collect from uninterested Europeans?
3. How does the general respond to his ruined peso coin?
4. How old is Harriet when she arrives in Mexico?
5. Whom does the old gringo hope to meet as he is traveling to Zacatecas?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)