|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What adjective does the old gringo use to describe his journalism work to Harriet?
(c) Misrepresenting himself.
2. What does Harriet claim dried up in the heat of Mexico?
(a) Her hope.
(b) Her love.
(c) Her faith.
(d) Her dreams.
3. What type of accent does Harriet have?
(b) East coast.
(d) New England.
4. With what weapon does General Arroyo threaten Harriet when he hears about her reaction to the fire?
(a) A sword.
(b) A slingshot.
(c) A gun.
(d) A whip.
5. What does Mr. Delaney do for a living?
(a) He is a lobbyist.
(b) He is a lawyer.
(c) He is an optometrist.
(d) He is a cigarette salesman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the old gringo fear will happen to Harriet while in Mexico?
2. Where did Harriet's father go to fight, and never returned from?
3. What does the Colonel claim gringos come to the land of the Aztecs to do?
4. Why has Harriet come to Mexico?
5. What explodes in front of the old gringo right as he is entering Mexico?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)