|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which military character does the old gringo think will test him more than any other character in the novel?
(a) The Colonel.
(b) General Arroyo.
(d) Inocencio Mansalvo.
2. In what city of Mexico did the old gringo die?
3. What relationship did Harriet and Tomás have in Mexico?
(a) They were coworkers.
(b) They were lovers.
(c) They were acquaintances.
(d) They were neighbors.
4. When Harriet dreams of Tomás, what thought takes over her mind?
(a) Where they once lived.
(b) How they met each other.
(c) What could have been between them.
(d) What she has lost.
5. Who does General Arroyo think should be put in the position of protecting Harriet?
(a) The old gringo.
(c) Inocencio Mansalvo.
(d) No one, he believes Harriet should be turned away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of feeling does the old gringo begin to have toward General Arroyo after meeting alone with him in his home?
2. What does Harriet claim dried up in the heat of Mexico?
3. What type of work did the old gringo do while he was fighting in the Civil War?
4. Which of the following characters does NOT accompany Harriet Winslow to the border?
5. How old is Mr. Delaney?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)