|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the old gringo have marking his grave?
(a) A wooden cross.
(b) A bouquet of flowers.
(d) A granite stone.
2. What creature is present in the bottom of every mescal bottle?
(a) A worm.
(b) A butterfly.
(c) A beetle.
(d) A cricket.
3. Where does Harriet sleep at night?
(a) In a small wooden hut by the river.
(b) In the train car.
(c) In the woods.
(d) In the old gringo's tent.
4. Who does General Arroyo think should be put in the position of protecting Harriet?
(a) The old gringo.
(b) No one, he believes Harriet should be turned away.
(c) Inocencio Mansalvo.
5. How old is the old gringo when he reaches Mexico?
(a) In his seventies.
(b) In his sixties.
(c) In his forties.
(d) In his fifties.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives best describes the decor in General Arroyo's home?
2. In what city of Texas does the old gringo stop before he travels to Mexico?
3. How did La Luna get her name?
4. What is the other name the Mexican characters in the novel give to the old gringo?
5. Which of the following is NOT offered to the old gringo after he shoots the coin?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)