|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the old gringo say goodbye to Harriet before leaving for Zacatecas?
(a) He does not say goodbye.
(b) He shakes her hand.
(c) He kisses her.
(d) He hugs her.
2. Which of the following is NOT a reason the old gringo thinks he looks like an apparition?
(a) His wrinkled skin.
(b) His blue eyes.
(c) His white hair.
(d) His white horse.
3. Where does Harriet sleep at night?
(a) In the train car.
(b) In the old gringo's tent.
(c) In the woods.
(d) In a small wooden hut by the river.
4. Which of the following characters does NOT accompany Harriet Winslow to the border?
(a) Inocensia Mansalvo.
(b) The Colonel.
(d) La Garduña.
5. When Harriet dreams of Tomás, what thought takes over her mind?
(a) What she has lost.
(b) Where they once lived.
(c) What could have been between them.
(d) How they met each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does General Arroyo store in the wooden box in his train car?
2. What does Mr. Delaney do for a living?
3. What is the name of the Colonel who oversees the soldiers at the old gringo's graveside?
4. Which of the following adjectives best describes the decor in General Arroyo's home?
5. What does the Colonel claim gringos come to the land of the Aztecs to do?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)