|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What relationship did Harriet and Tomás have in Mexico?
(a) They were acquaintances.
(b) They were coworkers.
(c) They were lovers.
(d) They were neighbors.
2. How many people accompany Harriet as she makes her way over the Mexican border?
3. Which meal do the old man and woman in the tiny hut invite the old gringo to eat with them?
4. What does the old gringo have marking his grave?
(a) A granite stone.
(b) A bouquet of flowers.
(c) A wooden cross.
5. Which military character does the old gringo think will test him more than any other character in the novel?
(a) Inocencio Mansalvo.
(b) The Colonel.
(d) General Arroyo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Harriet complete school?
2. What type of food is served to the old gringo on the night he arrives at the guerrilla camp?
3. What does the old gringo fear will happen to Harriet while in Mexico?
4. When Harriet dreams of Tomás, what thought takes over her mind?
5. What creature is present in the bottom of every mescal bottle?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)