|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what interesting room of an old building do Harriet and the old gringo talk?
(a) In the library.
(b) In the ballroom.
(c) In the parlor.
(d) In the conservatory.
2. How does Harriet's mother respond to the news that Harriet is moving to Mexico?
(a) She is apathetic.
(b) She is supportive.
(c) She is against it.
(d) Harriet never tells her mother she is leaving.
3. Whom does the old gringo hope to meet as he is traveling to Zacatecas?
(a) Pancho Villa.
(b) La Luna.
(c) La Garduña.
(d) Harriet Winslow.
4. What does the Colonel say is the only frontier left for gringos?
(a) The South.
(b) The North.
(c) The East.
(d) The West.
5. What creature is present in the bottom of every mescal bottle?
(a) A worm.
(b) A beetle.
(c) A butterfly.
(d) A cricket.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does General Arroyo feel about the hacienda?
2. In what city of Mexico did the old gringo die?
3. Why has Harriet come to Mexico?
4. Which meal do the old man and woman in the tiny hut invite the old gringo to eat with them?
5. What skill did the old gringo have that impressed Pedro?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)