|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What creature is present in the bottom of every mescal bottle?
(a) A cricket.
(b) A butterfly.
(c) A worm.
(d) A beetle.
2. From whom were the land grants to the Mexican people?
(a) The king of Portugal.
(b) The king of England.
(c) The king of Spain.
(d) The king of Russia.
3. What does La Garduña do for a living?
(a) She is a cook.
(b) She is a prostitute.
(c) She is a soldier.
(d) She is an artist.
4. Which of the following adjectives best describes the decor in General Arroyo's home?
5. Which of the following is NOT a reason the old gringo thinks he looks like an apparition?
(a) His wrinkled skin.
(b) His white horse.
(c) His white hair.
(d) His blue eyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of work did the old gringo do while he was fighting in the Civil War?
2. Which meal do the old man and woman in the tiny hut invite the old gringo to eat with them?
3. What is Harriet's last name?
4. How old is Harriet when she arrives in Mexico?
5. How does Harriet's mother respond to the news that Harriet is moving to Mexico?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)