|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the old gringo say goodbye to Harriet before leaving for Zacatecas?
(a) He hugs her.
(b) He shakes her hand.
(c) He does not say goodbye.
(d) He kisses her.
2. Which of the following is NOT a reason the old gringo thinks he looks like an apparition?
(a) His white hair.
(b) His blue eyes.
(c) His white horse.
(d) His wrinkled skin.
3. What newspaper did the old gringo once write for?
(a) The San Francisco Chronicle.
(b) The Chicago Tribune.
(c) The New York Times.
(d) The Boston Review.
4. How did La Luna get her name?
(a) For her astrological skills.
(b) For her crazy personality.
(c) For her dreamy way of speaking.
(d) For her round face.
5. What does Harriet remember the young Mexican boy who accompanied her to the Mexican border carrying?
(a) A blanket.
(b) A stuffed animal.
(c) A lollipop.
(d) A gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Harriet when she arrives in Mexico?
2. What skill did the old gringo have that impressed Pedro?
3. What does La Garduña do for a living?
4. When Harriet dreams of Tomás, what thought takes over her mind?
5. Which of the following is NOT something that the old gringo carries around in his suitcase?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)