|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of accent does Harriet have?
(b) New England.
(c) East coast.
2. Why has Harriet come to Mexico?
(a) To fight in the war.
(b) To study.
(c) To teach.
(d) To work on her art.
3. Who does General Arroyo think should be put in the position of protecting Harriet?
(a) Inocencio Mansalvo.
(c) The old gringo.
(d) No one, he believes Harriet should be turned away.
4. Which of the following states was NOT at least partially owned by the family that originally owned the train car General Arroyo is sleeping in?
5. What newspaper did the old gringo once write for?
(a) The New York Times.
(b) The Boston Review.
(c) The San Francisco Chronicle.
(d) The Chicago Tribune.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the general throw into the air for the old gringo to shoot?
2. Why does the old gringo think that Harriet was hired?
3. Where did Harriet's father go to fight, and never returned from?
4. How does the old gringo travel from Texas to Mexico?
5. In what city of Mexico did the old gringo die?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)