|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Harriet dreams of Tomás, what thought takes over her mind?
(a) Where they once lived.
(b) What could have been between them.
(c) What she has lost.
(d) How they met each other.
2. What does the general throw into the air for the old gringo to shoot?
(a) A stone.
(b) A bird.
(c) A mirror.
(d) A coin.
3. What does the old gringo regularly dream of?
(b) Being comfortable.
4. What is the name of the type of home that the family who hired Harriet live in called?
(a) A hacienda.
(b) A biblioteca.
(c) A castillo.
(d) A casa.
5. How does the general respond to his ruined peso coin?
(a) He is impressed.
(b) He is apathetic.
(c) He is disgusted.
(d) He is furious.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Harriet's father go to fight, and never returned from?
2. Who does General Arroyo think should be put in the position of protecting Harriet?
3. What branch of the armed forces did Harriet move to be closer to?
4. What does Mr. Delaney do for a living?
5. What does the old gringo have marking his grave?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)