|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does General Arroyo feel about the hacienda?
(a) He hates it.
(b) He appreciates it.
(c) He respects it.
(d) He thinks nothing of it.
2. Which of the following does NOT travel through Mexico by use of the guerrilla train?
3. Where is the old gringo buried?
(a) In a riverbank.
(b) In the desert.
(c) In a field of flowers.
(d) In the mountains.
4. Why does the old gringo think that Harriet was hired?
(a) Because she is the best teacher in the nation.
(b) For her stunning good looks.
(c) As a mistake.
(d) As cover for an escape.
5. Which of the following statements is true about General Arroyo?
(a) He is blind.
(b) He is deaf.
(c) He is illiterate.
(d) He is dyslexic.
Short Answer Questions
1. From whom were the land grants to the Mexican people?
2. What newspaper did the old gringo once write for?
3. Where does Harriet find the notice for an English teacher in Mexico?
4. What was the name of the young boy who accompanied Harriet to the Mexican border?
5. Where does Harriet sleep at night?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)