|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harriet suspect of Mr. Delaney.
(a) That he is secretly married.
(b) That he is embezzling.
(c) That he is dating someone else on the side.
(d) That he is involved in some shady business deals.
2. Where had Harriet been living before moving to Washington D.C.?
(a) San Francisco.
(b) New York.
3. What type of accent does Harriet have?
(b) New England.
(c) East coast.
4. From whom were the land grants to the Mexican people?
(a) The king of Russia.
(b) The king of Spain.
(c) The king of England.
(d) The king of Portugal.
5. What does Harriet claim dried up in the heat of Mexico?
(a) Her hope.
(b) Her dreams.
(c) Her love.
(d) Her faith.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city of Mexico did the old gringo die?
2. Why doesn't the old gringo answer any of the horse salesman's questions?
3. Which of the following is NOT offered to the old gringo after he shoots the coin?
4. Which of the following does NOT travel through Mexico by use of the guerrilla train?
5. How does the army of guerrilla soldiers travel through Mexico?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)