|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Harriet when she arrives in Mexico?
(a) In her teens.
(b) In her thirties.
(c) In her twenties.
(d) In her forties.
2. Where had Harriet been living before moving to Washington D.C.?
(a) New York.
(c) San Francisco.
3. What does the old gringo regularly dream of?
(a) Being comfortable.
4. What is the name of the Colonel who oversees the soldiers at the old gringo's graveside?
(a) Colonel Fred Lopez.
(b) Colonel Frutos García.
(c) Colonel Fred Ferrett.
(d) Colonel Franklin McGeeves.
5. What does La Garduña do for a living?
(a) She is an artist.
(b) She is a soldier.
(c) She is a cook.
(d) She is a prostitute.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Harriet complete school?
2. How does the general respond to his ruined peso coin?
3. What does the old gringo fear will happen to Harriet while in Mexico?
4. What creature is present in the bottom of every mescal bottle?
5. Which of the following characters does NOT accompany Harriet Winslow to the border?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)