|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does La Garduña do for a living?
(a) She is a cook.
(b) She is an artist.
(c) She is a soldier.
(d) She is a prostitute.
2. In what city of Texas does the old gringo stop before he travels to Mexico?
(c) El Paso.
3. Which military character does the old gringo think will test him more than any other character in the novel?
(b) Inocencio Mansalvo.
(c) General Arroyo.
(d) The Colonel.
4. What does General Arroyo store in the wooden box in his train car?
(a) Old papers.
(d) Enemy scalps.
5. What does Harriet suspect of Mr. Delaney.
(a) That he is involved in some shady business deals.
(b) That he is secretly married.
(c) That he is dating someone else on the side.
(d) That he is embezzling.
Short Answer Questions
1. From whom were the land grants to the Mexican people?
2. What does the old gringo admire most in Harriet's character?
3. What color is the horse that the old gringo purchases?
4. What branch of the armed forces did Harriet move to be closer to?
5. Which of the following does NOT surprise the old gringo when he arrives in Mexico?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)