|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city of Texas does the old gringo stop before he travels to Mexico?
(d) El Paso.
2. How does the general respond to his ruined peso coin?
(a) He is apathetic.
(b) He is impressed.
(c) He is disgusted.
(d) He is furious.
3. Where did Harriet complete school?
(a) At a public school.
(b) At a private school.
(c) She had a tutor.
(d) At a finishing school.
4. What does the old gringo have marking his grave?
(a) A bouquet of flowers.
(b) A granite stone.
(d) A wooden cross.
5. When Harriet dreams of Tomás, what thought takes over her mind?
(a) How they met each other.
(b) What she has lost.
(c) What could have been between them.
(d) Where they once lived.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who states that the old gringo is probably a man of honor?
2. How does the old gringo say goodbye to Harriet before leaving for Zacatecas?
3. Where does the old gringo say that he wants to die?
4. What type of accent does Harriet have?
5. In which part of Mexico did Harriet live?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)