|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of work did the old gringo do while he was fighting in the Civil War?
2. What was Tomás Arroyo's name anglicized to?
(a) Thoms Smith.
(b) Tom Brooks.
(c) Thomas Mulvane.
(d) Tom Shepherd.
3. From whom were the land grants to the Mexican people?
(a) The king of England.
(b) The king of Portugal.
(c) The king of Spain.
(d) The king of Russia.
4. What is Harriet's nationality?
5. What does Harriet remember the young Mexican boy who accompanied her to the Mexican border carrying?
(a) A gun.
(b) A blanket.
(c) A lollipop.
(d) A stuffed animal.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the general respond to his ruined peso coin?
2. What does the Colonel say is the only frontier left for gringos?
3. What does the old gringo think about after he witnesses the explosion?
4. How many days did the old gringo wander about the desert before finding the guerrillas?
5. Which of the following is NOT offered to the old gringo after he shoots the coin?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)