|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days did the old gringo wander about the desert before finding the guerrillas?
(a) Five days.
(b) Four days.
(c) Six days.
(d) Three days.
2. From whom were the land grants to the Mexican people?
(a) The king of Spain.
(b) The king of Portugal.
(c) The king of England.
(d) The king of Russia.
3. What does Inocencio Mansalvo think the old gringo has come into the desert to do?
4. What does La Garduña do for a living?
(a) She is a prostitute.
(b) She is an artist.
(c) She is a soldier.
(d) She is a cook.
5. Which military character does the old gringo think will test him more than any other character in the novel?
(a) Inocencio Mansalvo.
(b) General Arroyo.
(c) The Colonel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Colonel who oversees the soldiers at the old gringo's graveside?
2. What type of accent does Harriet have?
3. Where is the old gringo buried?
4. What was Tomás Arroyo's name anglicized to?
5. How old is Harriet when she arrives in Mexico?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)