|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What explodes in front of the old gringo right as he is entering Mexico?
(a) A car.
(b) A building.
(c) A bridge.
(d) A volcano.
2. What is the name of the Colonel who oversees the soldiers at the old gringo's graveside?
(a) Colonel Franklin McGeeves.
(b) Colonel Fred Lopez.
(c) Colonel Fred Ferrett.
(d) Colonel Frutos García.
3. Why has Harriet come to Mexico?
(a) To work on her art.
(b) To teach.
(c) To study.
(d) To fight in the war.
4. What newspaper did the old gringo once write for?
(a) The Chicago Tribune.
(b) The New York Times.
(c) The San Francisco Chronicle.
(d) The Boston Review.
5. In what city of Mexico did the old gringo die?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Harriet's last name?
2. Which of the following characters does NOT accompany Harriet Winslow to the border?
3. What was Tomás Arroyo's name anglicized to?
4. What type of person does the old gringo compare General Arroyo to?
5. What does Harriet claim dried up in the heat of Mexico?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)