|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal do some of the soldiers compare the old gringo to?
(a) An eagle.
(b) An owl.
(c) A peacock.
(d) A flamingo.
2. What type of person does the old gringo compare General Arroyo to?
(a) A sycophant.
(b) A buffoon.
(c) A dictator.
(d) A revolutionary.
3. What is the other name the Mexican characters in the novel give to the old gringo?
(a) Old Señor.
(b) Old man.
(c) Old geezer.
(d) Old Tom.
4. What was the name of the young boy who accompanied Harriet to the Mexican border?
5. Which of the following does NOT surprise the old gringo when he arrives in Mexico?
(a) The youth of the nation.
(b) The amount of people on the streets.
(c) The modern cars.
(d) The height of the buildings.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Harriet dreams of Tomás, what thought takes over her mind?
2. What does Harriet claim dried up in the heat of Mexico?
3. What newspaper did the old gringo once write for?
4. In what type of Mexican climate did Harriet live?
5. Who states that the old gringo is probably a man of honor?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)