|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following statements is true about General Arroyo?
(a) He is blind.
(b) He is dyslexic.
(c) He is illiterate.
(d) He is deaf.
2. What does Harriet claim dried up in the heat of Mexico?
(a) Her dreams.
(b) Her faith.
(c) Her love.
(d) Her hope.
3. What explodes in front of the old gringo right as he is entering Mexico?
(a) A bridge.
(b) A building.
(c) A volcano.
(d) A car.
4. Why does the old gringo think that Harriet was hired?
(a) As cover for an escape.
(b) As a mistake.
(c) Because she is the best teacher in the nation.
(d) For her stunning good looks.
5. What relationship did Harriet and Tomás have in Mexico?
(a) They were acquaintances.
(b) They were coworkers.
(c) They were lovers.
(d) They were neighbors.
Short Answer Questions
1. As an adult, in what city does Harriet live?
2. Who states that the old gringo is probably a man of honor?
3. Which of the following adjectives best describes the decor in General Arroyo's home?
4. Why has Harriet come to Mexico?
5. Which of the following states was NOT at least partially owned by the family that originally owned the train car General Arroyo is sleeping in?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)