|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Harriet's last name?
2. What does the old gringo think about after he witnesses the explosion?
3. In what war did the old gringo fight?
(a) The Civil War.
(b) World War I.
(c) The Vietnam War.
(d) World War II.
4. Who states that the old gringo is probably a man of honor?
(a) The Colonel.
(c) La Garduña.
(d) General Arroyo.
5. What is the other name the Mexican characters in the novel give to the old gringo?
(a) Old man.
(b) Old Señor.
(c) Old Tom.
(d) Old geezer.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the army of guerrilla soldiers travel through Mexico?
2. What does the Colonel say is the only frontier left for gringos?
3. Which of the following characters does NOT accompany Harriet Winslow to the border?
4. What was Tomás Arroyo's name anglicized to?
5. Which of the following does NOT travel through Mexico by use of the guerrilla train?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)