|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't the old gringo answer any of the horse salesman's questions?
(a) Because he is worried about being followed.
(b) Because he doesn't speak Spanish.
(c) None of these answers is correct.
(d) Because he doesn't speak to peasants.
2. What was the name of the young boy who accompanied Harriet to the Mexican border?
3. What skill did the old gringo have that impressed Pedro?
(b) Finding edible plants.
4. How old is Pedro when he first meets the old gringo?
5. Which of the following characters does NOT accompany Harriet Winslow to the border?
(a) Inocensia Mansalvo.
(b) La Garduña.
(c) The Colonel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Tomás Arroyo's name anglicized to?
2. What does Inocencio Mansalvo think the old gringo has come into the desert to do?
3. In which part of Mexico did Harriet live?
4. What color are all the clothes that the old gringo wears to travel?
5. What is the other name the Mexican characters in the novel give to the old gringo?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)