|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Harriet's last name?
2. In what war did the old gringo fight?
(a) The Civil War.
(b) World War I.
(c) The Vietnam War.
(d) World War II.
3. What newspaper did the old gringo once write for?
(a) The New York Times.
(b) The San Francisco Chronicle.
(c) The Boston Review.
(d) The Chicago Tribune.
4. What does the Colonel claim gringos come to the land of the Aztecs to do?
(a) Meet their destinies.
(b) Create their riches.
(c) Challenge their gods.
(d) Fight their demons.
5. What does Harriet claim dried up in the heat of Mexico?
(a) Her hope.
(b) Her love.
(c) Her faith.
(d) Her dreams.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Pedro when he first meets the old gringo?
2. What is the name of the Colonel who oversees the soldiers at the old gringo's graveside?
3. What is the other name the Mexican characters in the novel give to the old gringo?
4. What does the general throw into the air for the old gringo to shoot?
5. What does the Colonel say is the only frontier left for gringos?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)