|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the army of guerrilla soldiers travel through Mexico?
(a) On foot.
(b) By boat.
(c) By horseback.
(d) By train.
2. What does the general tell the old gringo to tend to when he says that he wants to fight?
(a) His family.
(b) His garden.
(c) His health.
(d) His life.
3. As an adult, in what city does Harriet live?
(a) Washington D.C.
(d) New York City.
4. How old is Pedro when he first meets the old gringo?
5. Why doesn't the old gringo answer any of the horse salesman's questions?
(a) Because he doesn't speak Spanish.
(b) Because he is worried about being followed.
(c) None of these answers is correct.
(d) Because he doesn't speak to peasants.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Harriet's nationality?
2. What does Harriet claim dried up in the heat of Mexico?
3. Who states that the old gringo is probably a man of honor?
4. What is the name of the Colonel who oversees the soldiers at the old gringo's graveside?
5. What does Harriet remember the young Mexican boy who accompanied her to the Mexican border carrying?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)