|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days did the old gringo wander about the desert before finding the guerrillas?
(a) Three days.
(b) Five days.
(c) Four days.
(d) Six days.
2. In what city of Texas does the old gringo stop before he travels to Mexico?
(d) El Paso.
3. Which of the following does NOT surprise the old gringo when he arrives in Mexico?
(a) The amount of people on the streets.
(b) The modern cars.
(c) The youth of the nation.
(d) The height of the buildings.
4. Why doesn't the old gringo answer any of the horse salesman's questions?
(a) Because he doesn't speak to peasants.
(b) Because he is worried about being followed.
(c) Because he doesn't speak Spanish.
(d) None of these answers is correct.
5. What explodes in front of the old gringo right as he is entering Mexico?
(a) A volcano.
(b) A building.
(c) A car.
(d) A bridge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the old gringo buried?
2. How old is the old gringo when he reaches Mexico?
3. What does the old gringo have marking his grave?
4. What is the other name the Mexican characters in the novel give to the old gringo?
5. What skill did the old gringo have that impressed Pedro?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)