Eight Week Quiz C
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Harriet sleep at night?
(a) In the train car.
(b) In the woods.
(c) In a small wooden hut by the river.
(d) In the old gringo's tent.
2. How long have Harriet and Mr. Delaney been dating?
(a) Eight years.
(b) Fifteen years.
(c) Six months.
(d) Two years.
3. Which military character does the old gringo think will test him more than any other character in the novel?
(a) General Arroyo.
(b) Inocencio Mansalvo.
(d) The Colonel.
4. What does the old gringo fear will happen to Harriet while in Mexico?
(a) That she will want to leave.
(b) That she will be killed.
(c) That she will be dissatisfied.
(d) That she will fall in love with him.
5. Which of the following states was NOT at least partially owned by the family that originally owned the train car General Arroyo is sleeping in?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the old gringo when he reaches Mexico?
2. What animal do some of the soldiers compare the old gringo to?
3. How does the old gringo say goodbye to Harriet before leaving for Zacatecas?
4. How does General Arroyo feel about the hacienda?
5. Which of the following characters does NOT accompany Harriet Winslow to the border?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)