Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What newspaper did the old gringo once write for?
(a) The Boston Review.
(b) The New York Times.
(c) The Chicago Tribune.
(d) The San Francisco Chronicle.
2. What animal do some of the soldiers compare the old gringo to?
(a) A flamingo.
(b) A peacock.
(c) An eagle.
(d) An owl.
3. In what city of Texas does the old gringo stop before he travels to Mexico?
(a) El Paso.
4. What explodes in front of the old gringo right as he is entering Mexico?
(a) A volcano.
(b) A bridge.
(c) A building.
(d) A car.
5. What color are all the clothes that the old gringo wears to travel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Colonel say is the only frontier left for gringos?
2. Which of the following characters does NOT accompany Harriet Winslow to the border?
3. What does the general throw into the air for the old gringo to shoot?
4. What does La Garduña do for a living?
5. What does Harriet remember the young Mexican boy who accompanied her to the Mexican border carrying?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)