|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the old gringo travel from Texas to Mexico?
(a) By train.
(b) On foot.
(c) On horseback.
(d) By car.
2. What color is the horse that the old gringo purchases?
3. What branch of the armed forces did Harriet move to be closer to?
(a) The Marines.
(b) The Army.
(c) The Air Force.
(d) The Navy.
4. Who gave young Arroyo the box of papers that declared him rightful owner of the hacienda?
(a) La Luna.
(b) His father.
(c) Inocencio Mansalvo.
(d) Don Graciano.
5. Who is the first to say that if a man wants to be considered a good soldier, he must go out into battle hoping to die?
(a) The old gringo.
(b) General Arroyo.
(c) Colonel García.
(d) Inocencio Mansalvo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters does NOT accompany Harriet Winslow to the border?
2. Where are the traveling group taking the body of the old gringo?
3. Which of the following does NOT surprise the old gringo when he arrives in Mexico?
4. Who organizes the cleanup of the hacienda fire?
5. On what day of the week did La Luna's servants line up to be paid?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)