|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does General Arroyo decide to burn down the hacienda?
(a) To search for bones buried under the buildings.
(b) To embarrass the owners.
(c) To earn the insurance money.
(d) To teach the guerrillas a lesson.
2. What does the general throw into the air for the old gringo to shoot?
(a) A mirror.
(b) A coin.
(c) A bird.
(d) A stone.
3. Pancho Villa jokes with reporters about relocating north to where?
(a) To Nevada.
(b) To Arizona.
(c) To Texas.
(d) To California.
4. Why doesn't the old gringo answer any of the horse salesman's questions?
(a) Because he doesn't speak to peasants.
(b) Because he is worried about being followed.
(c) None of these answers is correct.
(d) Because he doesn't speak Spanish.
5. Where did Harriet's father go to fight, and never returned from?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of person does the old gringo compare General Arroyo to?
2. Where does Harriet find the notice for an English teacher in Mexico?
3. How many days did the old gringo wander about the desert before finding the guerrillas?
4. What does the general tell the old gringo to tend to when he says that he wants to fight?
5. Who gave young Arroyo the box of papers that declared him rightful owner of the hacienda?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)