|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the general throw into the air for the old gringo to shoot?
(a) A bird.
(b) A mirror.
(c) A stone.
(d) A coin.
2. Where does Harriet find the notice for an English teacher in Mexico?
(a) Through the telegraph wires.
(b) In a newspaper.
(c) Posted on the church bulletin board.
(d) In the mail.
3. Which of the following adjectives does Harriet use in reference to the general during their argument?
4. What does Harriet set out into the hallway to teach the servants about temptation?
(a) A bowl of pesos.
(b) A box of jewels.
(c) Several pieces of gold silk.
(d) Gold plates.
5. What does the old gringo think is the one factor that permeates all relationships?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city does Pancho Villa promise to help the revolutionary soldiers if they get "bogged down" in their battle?
2. How old is Pedro when he first meets the old gringo?
3. How long have Harriet and Mr. Delaney been dating?
4. How does the old gringo travel from Texas to Mexico?
5. What does the old gringo have marking his grave?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)