|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the old gringo think about after he witnesses the explosion?
2. What does the old gringo regularly dream of?
(c) Being comfortable.
3. What does the old gringo think will be atonement for his writing career?
(a) Living forever through his words.
(b) None of these answers is correct.
(c) Dying in Mexico.
(d) Being forgotten by his family.
4. Why does Harriet have the servants set to sweeping up the ashes in the hacienda?
(a) So that they no longer must eat ashes in their food.
(b) To clean out the dance floor for a competition.
(c) So they no longer track dirty footprints through the house.
(d) To prepare for the Mirandas' return.
5. What does Harriet call "the enemy of life"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT something that the old gringo carries around in his suitcase?
2. Which of the following characters does NOT accompany Harriet Winslow to the border?
3. Who gave young Arroyo the box of papers that declared him rightful owner of the hacienda?
4. How does Harriet feel after she makes love to Arroyo?
5. What branch of the armed forces did Harriet move to be closer to?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)