|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Colonel who oversees the soldiers at the old gringo's graveside?
(a) Colonel Frutos García.
(b) Colonel Fred Lopez.
(c) Colonel Franklin McGeeves.
(d) Colonel Fred Ferrett.
2. Which of the following characters does NOT accompany Harriet Winslow to the border?
(a) La Garduña.
(b) The Colonel.
(d) Inocensia Mansalvo.
3. Where is the old gringo buried?
(a) In a field of flowers.
(b) In a riverbank.
(c) In the mountains.
(d) In the desert.
4. Where does the old gringo say that he wants to die?
(a) In a boat on the sea.
(b) On the battle front.
(c) In his bed.
(d) In Mexico.
5. Who states that the old gringo is probably a man of honor?
(a) General Arroyo.
(b) La Garduña.
(d) The Colonel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What explodes in front of the old gringo right as he is entering Mexico?
2. What branch of the armed forces did Harriet move to be closer to?
3. Where did Harriet complete school?
4. What does Inocencio Mansalvo think the old gringo has come into the desert to do?
5. What type of person does the old gringo compare General Arroyo to?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)