|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the old gringo admire most in Harriet's character?
(a) Her spunk.
(b) Her clothing.
(c) Her intelligence.
(d) Her good looks.
2. What does the Colonel say is the only frontier left for gringos?
(a) The South.
(b) The North.
(c) The East.
(d) The West.
3. What type of accent does Harriet have?
(a) East coast.
(c) New England.
4. Why has Harriet come to Mexico?
(a) To fight in the war.
(b) To teach.
(c) To work on her art.
(d) To study.
5. What does the general tell the old gringo to tend to when he says that he wants to fight?
(a) His garden.
(b) His health.
(c) His family.
(d) His life.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days did the old gringo wander about the desert before finding the guerrillas?
2. What does the traveling party admit was one of the old gringo's biggest flaws?
3. How does the old gringo travel from Texas to Mexico?
4. In what war did the old gringo fight?
5. Which of the following does NOT surprise the old gringo when he arrives in Mexico?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)