|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of person does the old gringo compare General Arroyo to?
(a) A sycophant.
(b) A buffoon.
(c) A dictator.
(d) A revolutionary.
2. What newspaper did the old gringo once write for?
(a) The Chicago Tribune.
(b) The San Francisco Chronicle.
(c) The New York Times.
(d) The Boston Review.
3. What does the old gringo admire most in Harriet's character?
(a) Her intelligence.
(b) Her spunk.
(c) Her good looks.
(d) Her clothing.
4. Which of the following does NOT surprise the old gringo when he arrives in Mexico?
(a) The youth of the nation.
(b) The amount of people on the streets.
(c) The modern cars.
(d) The height of the buildings.
5. What branch of the armed forces did Harriet move to be closer to?
(a) The Army.
(b) The Air Force.
(c) The Marines.
(d) The Navy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal do some of the soldiers compare the old gringo to?
2. Where does the old gringo say that he wants to die?
3. What color are all the clothes that the old gringo wears to travel?
4. Where did Harriet complete school?
5. What is the other name the Mexican characters in the novel give to the old gringo?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)