|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Harriet find the notice for an English teacher in Mexico?
(a) Posted on the church bulletin board.
(b) Through the telegraph wires.
(c) In a newspaper.
(d) In the mail.
2. Where did Harriet's father go to fight, and never returned from?
3. How does the army of guerrilla soldiers travel through Mexico?
(a) By train.
(b) By boat.
(c) On foot.
(d) By horseback.
4. What type of person does the old gringo compare General Arroyo to?
(a) A dictator.
(b) A revolutionary.
(c) A buffoon.
(d) A sycophant.
5. Where does the old gringo say that he wants to die?
(a) In a boat on the sea.
(b) In his bed.
(c) On the battle front.
(d) In Mexico.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what war did the old gringo fight?
2. Who states that the old gringo is probably a man of honor?
3. What does Harriet suspect of Mr. Delaney.
4. How long have Harriet and Mr. Delaney been dating?
5. In what city of Texas does the old gringo stop before he travels to Mexico?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)