|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is the old gringo when he reaches Mexico?
(a) In his seventies.
(b) In his fifties.
(c) In his sixties.
(d) In his forties.
2. Why doesn't the old gringo answer any of the horse salesman's questions?
(a) Because he doesn't speak Spanish.
(b) Because he is worried about being followed.
(c) Because he doesn't speak to peasants.
(d) None of these answers is correct.
3. Where does Harriet sleep at night?
(a) In the train car.
(b) In the old gringo's tent.
(c) In a small wooden hut by the river.
(d) In the woods.
4. How old is Harriet when she arrives in Mexico?
(a) In her teens.
(b) In her thirties.
(c) In her forties.
(d) In her twenties.
5. Who is the current leader of Mexico at the time of the book?
(a) Manuel González.
(b) Juan N. Méndez.
(c) Francisco I. Madero.
(d) Porfirio Diaz.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT something that the old gringo carries around in his suitcase?
2. What part of battle does the old gringo think will be the most exciting and noble?
3. What color is the horse that the old gringo purchases?
4. Which of the following items does NOT adorn the statue of Jesus hanging on the cross during the Mexican fiesta?
5. How did La Luna get her name?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)