|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't the old gringo answer any of the horse salesman's questions?
(a) Because he doesn't speak to peasants.
(b) None of these answers is correct.
(c) Because he is worried about being followed.
(d) Because he doesn't speak Spanish.
2. How old is the old gringo when he reaches Mexico?
(a) In his sixties.
(b) In his forties.
(c) In his seventies.
(d) In his fifties.
3. What is the name of the family that hired Harriet?
4. What sound do the old gringo and Harriet hear, which they think is gunshots?
(a) Horses galloping by.
(d) Blacksmith hammers.
5. What color are all the clothes that the old gringo wears to travel?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does General Arroyo think should be put in the position of protecting Harriet?
2. Why does the old gringo think that Harriet was hired?
3. Which of the following does NOT surprise the old gringo when he arrives in Mexico?
4. After the old gringo returns from battle and goes to greet Harriet, what has she just finished doing?
5. How does the old gringo say goodbye to Harriet before leaving for Zacatecas?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)