|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of accent does Harriet have?
(c) East coast.
(d) New England.
2. Where are the POWs who refuse to join with Pancho Villa held?
(a) In a pigsty.
(b) In their own graves.
(c) In swampy waters.
(d) In a giant metal cage.
3. What reason does Colonel García give Pedro for the women waiting in line outside the village?
(a) They are hoping for food handouts.
(b) They are in love with the returning men.
(c) They are delirious with thirst.
(d) They are refugees hoping for asylum.
4. What does the old gringo admire most in Harriet's character?
(a) Her spunk.
(b) Her intelligence.
(c) Her good looks.
(d) Her clothing.
5. Which woman runs up the arriving soldiers and immediately begins flirting with them?
(b) La Luna.
(d) La Garduña.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does NOT surprise the old gringo when he arrives in Mexico?
2. What type of person does the old gringo compare General Arroyo to?
3. What color is the horse that the old gringo purchases?
4. What is the name of the family that hired Harriet?
5. Why has Harriet come to Mexico?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)