|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What explodes in front of the old gringo right as he is entering Mexico?
(a) A building.
(b) A car.
(c) A bridge.
(d) A volcano.
2. Why does the old gringo think that Harriet was hired?
(a) For her stunning good looks.
(b) As a mistake.
(c) Because she is the best teacher in the nation.
(d) As cover for an escape.
3. What sound do the old gringo and Harriet hear, which they think is gunshots?
(a) Blacksmith hammers.
(b) Horses galloping by.
4. What does the old gringo think about after he witnesses the explosion?
5. After the old gringo returns from battle and goes to greet Harriet, what has she just finished doing?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city of Texas does the old gringo stop before he travels to Mexico?
2. Which of the following is NOT something that the old gringo carries around in his suitcase?
3. Which woman runs up the arriving soldiers and immediately begins flirting with them?
4. Where does Harriet sleep at night?
5. What is the name of the type of home that the family who hired Harriet live in called?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)