|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't the old gringo answer any of the horse salesman's questions?
(a) Because he is worried about being followed.
(b) Because he doesn't speak Spanish.
(c) Because he doesn't speak to peasants.
(d) None of these answers is correct.
2. Where does Harriet sleep at night?
(a) In a small wooden hut by the river.
(b) In the old gringo's tent.
(c) In the train car.
(d) In the woods.
3. How does the old gringo travel from Texas to Mexico?
(a) On foot.
(b) By car.
(c) By train.
(d) On horseback.
4. What does the old gringo think will be atonement for his writing career?
(a) None of these answers is correct.
(b) Dying in Mexico.
(c) Living forever through his words.
(d) Being forgotten by his family.
5. What does the old gringo think is the path that all young men must take?
(a) To travel the world.
(b) To find their perfect woman.
(c) To challenge their father figures.
(d) To fight for righteousness.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the old gringo say goodbye to Harriet before leaving for Zacatecas?
2. In what city of Texas does the old gringo stop before he travels to Mexico?
3. In what war did the old gringo fight?
4. What does the old gringo admire most in Harriet's character?
5. What does the old gringo fear will happen to Harriet while in Mexico?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)