|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the old gringo fear will happen to Harriet while in Mexico?
(a) That she will want to leave.
(b) That she will be dissatisfied.
(c) That she will fall in love with him.
(d) That she will be killed.
2. What reason does Colonel García give Pedro for the women waiting in line outside the village?
(a) They are delirious with thirst.
(b) They are hoping for food handouts.
(c) They are refugees hoping for asylum.
(d) They are in love with the returning men.
3. Who is the current leader of Mexico at the time of the book?
(a) Manuel González.
(b) Juan N. Méndez.
(c) Francisco I. Madero.
(d) Porfirio Diaz.
4. Which meal do the old man and woman in the tiny hut invite the old gringo to eat with them?
5. In what interesting room of an old building do Harriet and the old gringo talk?
(a) In the parlor.
(b) In the conservatory.
(c) In the ballroom.
(d) In the library.
Short Answer Questions
1. What explodes in front of the old gringo right as he is entering Mexico?
2. Whom does the old gringo hope to meet as he is traveling to Zacatecas?
3. Which of the following items does NOT adorn the statue of Jesus hanging on the cross during the Mexican fiesta?
4. What part of battle does the old gringo think will be the most exciting and noble?
5. How old is the old gringo when he reaches Mexico?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)