|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the current leader of Mexico at the time of the book?
(a) Francisco I. Madero.
(b) Manuel González.
(c) Porfirio Diaz.
(d) Juan N. Méndez.
2. Which of the following is NOT a reason the old gringo thinks he looks like an apparition?
(a) His white horse.
(b) His white hair.
(c) His wrinkled skin.
(d) His blue eyes.
3. What explodes in front of the old gringo right as he is entering Mexico?
(a) A volcano.
(b) A car.
(c) A building.
(d) A bridge.
4. Which of the following is NOT something that the old gringo carries around in his suitcase?
(a) A gun.
(b) A copy of the book that he wrote himself.
(c) A bottle of bourbon.
(d) A copy of the book "Don Quixote".
5. What type of person does the old gringo compare General Arroyo to?
(a) A buffoon.
(b) A revolutionary.
(c) A dictator.
(d) A sycophant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does General Arroyo think should be put in the position of protecting Harriet?
2. What does the old gringo admire most in Harriet's character?
3. What type of accent does Harriet have?
4. Which of the following items does NOT adorn the statue of Jesus hanging on the cross during the Mexican fiesta?
5. Why doesn't the old gringo answer any of the horse salesman's questions?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)