|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what war did the old gringo fight?
(a) World War II.
(b) World War I.
(c) The Vietnam War.
(d) The Civil War.
2. How did La Luna get her name?
(a) For her crazy personality.
(b) For her dreamy way of speaking.
(c) For her round face.
(d) For her astrological skills.
3. What color is the horse that the old gringo purchases?
4. Why doesn't the old gringo answer any of the horse salesman's questions?
(a) Because he doesn't speak to peasants.
(b) Because he is worried about being followed.
(c) None of these answers is correct.
(d) Because he doesn't speak Spanish.
5. Who is the current leader of Mexico at the time of the book?
(a) Manuel González.
(b) Francisco I. Madero.
(c) Juan N. Méndez.
(d) Porfirio Diaz.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which meal do the old man and woman in the tiny hut invite the old gringo to eat with them?
2. Where does Harriet sleep at night?
3. Why has Harriet come to Mexico?
4. Which of the following does NOT surprise the old gringo when he arrives in Mexico?
5. What does the old gringo think will be atonement for his writing career?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)