|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the old gringo think about after he witnesses the explosion?
2. How old is the old gringo when he reaches Mexico?
(a) In his fifties.
(b) In his forties.
(c) In his sixties.
(d) In his seventies.
3. What sound do the old gringo and Harriet hear, which they think is gunshots?
(a) Blacksmith hammers.
(d) Horses galloping by.
4. What does the old gringo regularly dream of?
(d) Being comfortable.
5. What part of battle does the old gringo think will be the most exciting and noble?
(a) Loading ammunition for the soldiers.
(b) Working as a spy in enemy quarters.
(c) Fighting on the front lines.
(d) Caring for the injured.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what interesting room of an old building do Harriet and the old gringo talk?
2. After the old gringo returns from battle and goes to greet Harriet, what has she just finished doing?
3. What type of accent does Harriet have?
4. How does the old gringo say goodbye to Harriet before leaving for Zacatecas?
5. Whom does the old gringo hope to meet as he is traveling to Zacatecas?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)