|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has Harriet come to Mexico?
(a) To fight in the war.
(b) To teach.
(c) To study.
(d) To work on her art.
2. What explodes in front of the old gringo right as he is entering Mexico?
(a) A car.
(b) A building.
(c) A bridge.
(d) A volcano.
3. What sound do the old gringo and Harriet hear, which they think is gunshots?
(b) Horses galloping by.
(d) Blacksmith hammers.
4. Which of the following is NOT a reason the old gringo thinks he looks like an apparition?
(a) His white hair.
(b) His wrinkled skin.
(c) His white horse.
(d) His blue eyes.
5. What type of person does the old gringo compare General Arroyo to?
(a) A sycophant.
(b) A buffoon.
(c) A revolutionary.
(d) A dictator.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the old gringo think is the path that all young men must take?
2. Whom does the old gringo hope to meet as he is traveling to Zacatecas?
3. What is the name of the type of home that the family who hired Harriet live in called?
4. Which of the following is NOT something that the old gringo carries around in his suitcase?
5. In what interesting room of an old building do Harriet and the old gringo talk?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)