|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT something that the old gringo carries around in his suitcase?
(a) A gun.
(b) A bottle of bourbon.
(c) A copy of the book "Don Quixote".
(d) A copy of the book that he wrote himself.
2. Why doesn't the old gringo answer any of the horse salesman's questions?
(a) Because he is worried about being followed.
(b) Because he doesn't speak Spanish.
(c) Because he doesn't speak to peasants.
(d) None of these answers is correct.
3. In what interesting room of an old building do Harriet and the old gringo talk?
(a) In the conservatory.
(b) In the ballroom.
(c) In the parlor.
(d) In the library.
4. What does the old gringo fear will happen to Harriet while in Mexico?
(a) That she will want to leave.
(b) That she will be killed.
(c) That she will fall in love with him.
(d) That she will be dissatisfied.
5. How old is the old gringo when he reaches Mexico?
(a) In his sixties.
(b) In his seventies.
(c) In his fifties.
(d) In his forties.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the type of home that the family who hired Harriet live in called?
2. What does the old gringo admire most in Harriet's character?
3. Which of the following does NOT surprise the old gringo when he arrives in Mexico?
4. How old is Harriet when she arrives in Mexico?
5. Who is the current leader of Mexico at the time of the book?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)