|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sound do the old gringo and Harriet hear, which they think is gunshots?
(b) Horses galloping by.
(d) Blacksmith hammers.
2. What does the old gringo think will be atonement for his writing career?
(a) None of these answers is correct.
(b) Dying in Mexico.
(c) Being forgotten by his family.
(d) Living forever through his words.
3. Why doesn't the old gringo answer any of the horse salesman's questions?
(a) Because he doesn't speak Spanish.
(b) Because he is worried about being followed.
(c) Because he doesn't speak to peasants.
(d) None of these answers is correct.
4. Which meal do the old man and woman in the tiny hut invite the old gringo to eat with them?
5. What explodes in front of the old gringo right as he is entering Mexico?
(a) A bridge.
(b) A volcano.
(c) A building.
(d) A car.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the old gringo think about after he witnesses the explosion?
2. When Harriet returns to what she left in the hallway, how much has been stolen?
3. Which of the following does NOT surprise the old gringo when he arrives in Mexico?
4. After the old gringo returns from battle and goes to greet Harriet, what has she just finished doing?
5. What reason does Colonel García give Pedro for the women waiting in line outside the village?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)