|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of person does the old gringo compare General Arroyo to?
(a) A buffoon.
(b) A sycophant.
(c) A revolutionary.
(d) A dictator.
2. Why does Harriet have the servants set to sweeping up the ashes in the hacienda?
(a) To clean out the dance floor for a competition.
(b) So they no longer track dirty footprints through the house.
(c) To prepare for the Mirandas' return.
(d) So that they no longer must eat ashes in their food.
3. How old is the girl that Harriet saves by sucking phlegm out of her throat?
(a) She is ten.
(b) She is fifteen.
(c) She is an infant.
(d) She is five.
4. Which of the following best describes La Luna's husband?
5. What is the name of the family that hired Harriet?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first to say that if a man wants to be considered a good soldier, he must go out into battle hoping to die?
2. On what day of the week did La Luna's servants line up to be paid?
3. In what interesting room of an old building do Harriet and the old gringo talk?
4. When do the Mexican people take siesta?
5. Who does General Arroyo think should be put in the position of protecting Harriet?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)