|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does La Luna use to muffle the sound of her voice when she is gossiping with Harriet?
(a) A violin.
(b) A pillow.
(c) A record player.
(d) A faucet of running water.
2. What does the old gringo fear will happen to Harriet while in Mexico?
(a) That she will fall in love with him.
(b) That she will want to leave.
(c) That she will be dissatisfied.
(d) That she will be killed.
3. What type of accent does Harriet have?
(a) East coast.
(d) New England.
4. Who is the first to say that if a man wants to be considered a good soldier, he must go out into battle hoping to die?
(a) General Arroyo.
(b) Inocencio Mansalvo.
(c) The old gringo.
(d) Colonel García.
5. On what day of the week did La Luna's servants line up to be paid?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the family that hired Harriet?
2. Who does General Arroyo think should be put in the position of protecting Harriet?
3. Why does the old gringo think that Harriet was hired?
4. How old is Harriet when she arrives in Mexico?
5. In what religion was La Luna raised?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)