|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what interesting room of an old building do Harriet and the old gringo talk?
(a) In the library.
(b) In the parlor.
(c) In the ballroom.
(d) In the conservatory.
2. Why has Harriet come to Mexico?
(a) To study.
(b) To work on her art.
(c) To teach.
(d) To fight in the war.
3. Why did La Luna's husband lose interest in her?
(a) Because she was illiterate.
(b) Because she was boring.
(c) Because she was barren.
(d) Because she was unfaithful.
4. Why does General Arroyo pull his hat down and his serape up?
(a) He is brooding on possibilities.
(b) He is napping.
(c) He is in a fury.
(d) He is weeping.
5. How old is Harriet when she arrives in Mexico?
(a) In her teens.
(b) In her twenties.
(c) In her thirties.
(d) In her forties.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the old gringo admire most in Harriet's character?
2. Which of the following is the name Pancho Villa had before he became famous?
3. What does Harriet set out into the hallway to teach the servants about temptation?
4. How old is the girl that Harriet saves by sucking phlegm out of her throat?
5. Who does General Arroyo think should be put in the position of protecting Harriet?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)