|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the old gringo think that Harriet was hired?
(a) As a mistake.
(b) Because she is the best teacher in the nation.
(c) As cover for an escape.
(d) For her stunning good looks.
2. Which of the following best describes La Luna's husband?
3. In what interesting room of an old building do Harriet and the old gringo talk?
(a) In the ballroom.
(b) In the library.
(c) In the parlor.
(d) In the conservatory.
4. Which of the following is the name Pancho Villa had before he became famous?
(a) Doroteo Arango.
(b) Felipe Forzán.
(c) Frederico Mansalvo.
(d) Marcus Olivarez.
5. What does La Luna use to muffle the sound of her voice when she is gossiping with Harriet?
(a) A violin.
(b) A faucet of running water.
(c) A pillow.
(d) A record player.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of accent does Harriet have?
2. How old is Harriet when she arrives in Mexico?
3. What does the old gringo admire most in Harriet's character?
4. What is the name of the type of home that the family who hired Harriet live in called?
5. Who is the first to say that if a man wants to be considered a good soldier, he must go out into battle hoping to die?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)