|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did La Luna get her name?
(a) For her round face.
(b) For her crazy personality.
(c) For her astrological skills.
(d) For her dreamy way of speaking.
2. What does La Luna use to muffle the sound of her voice when she is gossiping with Harriet?
(a) A record player.
(b) A pillow.
(c) A violin.
(d) A faucet of running water.
3. In what interesting room of an old building do Harriet and the old gringo talk?
(a) In the parlor.
(b) In the conservatory.
(c) In the library.
(d) In the ballroom.
4. How old is the girl that Harriet saves by sucking phlegm out of her throat?
(a) She is fifteen.
(b) She is five.
(c) She is ten.
(d) She is an infant.
5. Why does Harriet have the servants set to sweeping up the ashes in the hacienda?
(a) So they no longer track dirty footprints through the house.
(b) So that they no longer must eat ashes in their food.
(c) To clean out the dance floor for a competition.
(d) To prepare for the Mirandas' return.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the family that hired Harriet?
2. What does the old gringo fear will happen to Harriet while in Mexico?
3. What does the old gringo admire most in Harriet's character?
4. What does Harriet set out into the hallway to teach the servants about temptation?
5. Why did La Luna's husband lose interest in her?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)