|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the old gringo think that Harriet was hired?
(a) As a mistake.
(b) For her stunning good looks.
(c) Because she is the best teacher in the nation.
(d) As cover for an escape.
2. What is the name of the type of home that the family who hired Harriet live in called?
(a) A hacienda.
(b) A biblioteca.
(c) A casa.
(d) A castillo.
3. In what interesting room of an old building do Harriet and the old gringo talk?
(a) In the library.
(b) In the conservatory.
(c) In the ballroom.
(d) In the parlor.
4. Why does Harriet have the servants set to sweeping up the ashes in the hacienda?
(a) So they no longer track dirty footprints through the house.
(b) To prepare for the Mirandas' return.
(c) So that they no longer must eat ashes in their food.
(d) To clean out the dance floor for a competition.
5. On what day of the week did La Luna's servants line up to be paid?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes La Luna's husband?
2. What is the name of the family that hired Harriet?
3. What does the old gringo fear will happen to Harriet while in Mexico?
4. Why does General Arroyo pull his hat down and his serape up?
5. What does Harriet set out into the hallway to teach the servants about temptation?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)