|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did La Luna's husband lose interest in her?
(a) Because she was illiterate.
(b) Because she was boring.
(c) Because she was barren.
(d) Because she was unfaithful.
2. How did La Luna get her name?
(a) For her astrological skills.
(b) For her round face.
(c) For her dreamy way of speaking.
(d) For her crazy personality.
3. Why does the old gringo think that Harriet was hired?
(a) As a mistake.
(b) Because she is the best teacher in the nation.
(c) For her stunning good looks.
(d) As cover for an escape.
4. How old is the girl that Harriet saves by sucking phlegm out of her throat?
(a) She is five.
(b) She is fifteen.
(c) She is an infant.
(d) She is ten.
5. Why does General Arroyo pull his hat down and his serape up?
(a) He is in a fury.
(b) He is weeping.
(c) He is napping.
(d) He is brooding on possibilities.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harriet set out into the hallway to teach the servants about temptation?
2. How old is Harriet when she arrives in Mexico?
3. Why does Harriet have the servants set to sweeping up the ashes in the hacienda?
4. What type of person does the old gringo compare General Arroyo to?
5. When do the Mexican people take siesta?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)