|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best describes La Luna's husband?
2. In what interesting room of an old building do Harriet and the old gringo talk?
(a) In the parlor.
(b) In the library.
(c) In the ballroom.
(d) In the conservatory.
3. Why has Harriet come to Mexico?
(a) To fight in the war.
(b) To study.
(c) To teach.
(d) To work on her art.
4. Who is the first to say that if a man wants to be considered a good soldier, he must go out into battle hoping to die?
(a) Colonel García.
(b) General Arroyo.
(c) The old gringo.
(d) Inocencio Mansalvo.
5. What is the name of the family that hired Harriet?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does General Arroyo pull his hat down and his serape up?
2. What does La Luna use to muffle the sound of her voice when she is gossiping with Harriet?
3. Why does Harriet have the servants set to sweeping up the ashes in the hacienda?
4. What does the old gringo admire most in Harriet's character?
5. How old is Harriet when she arrives in Mexico?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)