|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the old gringo think that Harriet was hired?
(a) For her stunning good looks.
(b) As cover for an escape.
(c) Because she is the best teacher in the nation.
(d) As a mistake.
2. How old is Harriet when she arrives in Mexico?
(a) In her twenties.
(b) In her teens.
(c) In her thirties.
(d) In her forties.
3. When do the Mexican people take siesta?
(a) Before bed.
(b) After lunch.
(c) After breakfast.
(d) After dinner.
4. Who is the first to say that if a man wants to be considered a good soldier, he must go out into battle hoping to die?
(a) Colonel García.
(b) General Arroyo.
(c) The old gringo.
(d) Inocencio Mansalvo.
5. Why did La Luna's husband lose interest in her?
(a) Because she was illiterate.
(b) Because she was unfaithful.
(c) Because she was boring.
(d) Because she was barren.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the old gringo admire most in Harriet's character?
2. Why has Harriet come to Mexico?
3. In what interesting room of an old building do Harriet and the old gringo talk?
4. Who does General Arroyo think should be put in the position of protecting Harriet?
5. What type of accent does Harriet have?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)