|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has Harriet come to Mexico?
(a) To work on her art.
(b) To study.
(c) To teach.
(d) To fight in the war.
2. In what interesting room of an old building do Harriet and the old gringo talk?
(a) In the ballroom.
(b) In the library.
(c) In the conservatory.
(d) In the parlor.
3. Who is the first to say that if a man wants to be considered a good soldier, he must go out into battle hoping to die?
(a) Colonel García.
(b) The old gringo.
(c) General Arroyo.
(d) Inocencio Mansalvo.
4. How old is Harriet when she arrives in Mexico?
(a) In her twenties.
(b) In her thirties.
(c) In her forties.
(d) In her teens.
5. Which of the following best describes La Luna's husband?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did La Luna get her name?
2. What does La Luna use to muffle the sound of her voice when she is gossiping with Harriet?
3. Why does Harriet have the servants set to sweeping up the ashes in the hacienda?
4. In what religion was La Luna raised?
5. Why did La Luna's husband lose interest in her?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)