|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best describes La Luna's husband?
2. What does Harriet set out into the hallway to teach the servants about temptation?
(a) A box of jewels.
(b) Several pieces of gold silk.
(c) Gold plates.
(d) A bowl of pesos.
3. Why did La Luna's husband lose interest in her?
(a) Because she was barren.
(b) Because she was boring.
(c) Because she was unfaithful.
(d) Because she was illiterate.
4. What does the old gringo admire most in Harriet's character?
(a) Her clothing.
(b) Her intelligence.
(c) Her good looks.
(d) Her spunk.
5. Who is the first to say that if a man wants to be considered a good soldier, he must go out into battle hoping to die?
(a) Inocencio Mansalvo.
(b) The old gringo.
(c) General Arroyo.
(d) Colonel García.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does General Arroyo think should be put in the position of protecting Harriet?
2. In what religion was La Luna raised?
3. Why does the old gringo think that Harriet was hired?
4. On what day of the week did La Luna's servants line up to be paid?
5. How old is the girl that Harriet saves by sucking phlegm out of her throat?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)