|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Harriet have the servants set to sweeping up the ashes in the hacienda?
(a) To prepare for the Mirandas' return.
(b) So they no longer track dirty footprints through the house.
(c) So that they no longer must eat ashes in their food.
(d) To clean out the dance floor for a competition.
2. What is the name of the type of home that the family who hired Harriet live in called?
(a) A biblioteca.
(b) A casa.
(c) A hacienda.
(d) A castillo.
3. Which of the following best describes La Luna's husband?
4. In what interesting room of an old building do Harriet and the old gringo talk?
(a) In the library.
(b) In the parlor.
(c) In the ballroom.
(d) In the conservatory.
5. Why does the old gringo think that Harriet was hired?
(a) Because she is the best teacher in the nation.
(b) As cover for an escape.
(c) As a mistake.
(d) For her stunning good looks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harriet set out into the hallway to teach the servants about temptation?
2. On what day of the week did La Luna's servants line up to be paid?
3. What does the old gringo admire most in Harriet's character?
4. Why did La Luna's husband lose interest in her?
5. How did La Luna get her name?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)