|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lucy tells one of Will's stories about Unison Randolph who was ___________ at the time of the story.
2. In what state die Unison live?
3. What was the only job that Samuel attempted?
4. What does the community ask Lucy to do?
5. Why does Lucy decide not to leave Will?
Essay Topic 1
Memories take on an almost human persona in this story. What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Will Marsden. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him during his lifetime?
Essay Topic 3
Gurganus uses beautifully descriptive language in the book to help his readers see his world from his perspective. Without referring to the book, describe some situation or location in the book using only your recall of Gurganus' descriptions.
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)