|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years does Cassie's mother wait before she tries to escape?
2. What does Will feel about seeing General Lee?
3. How does Will greet Lucy when she arrives at the hospital?
4. What kind of animals does Cassie raise?
5. How has Will become famous in the area?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the settings created during the novel. Does the author paint a complete picture for the reader? What, if anything, is missing?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Gurganus' writing style. How is he different from other writers of his time? What are some of his characteristic writing techniques? Identify some examples of his classic style in OLDEST LIVING CONFEDERATE WIDOW TELLS ALL.
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of struggle. Identify at least two instances about struggle in the story and then cite examples to support your answers.
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)