|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Baby plan to run away to?
2. What job does Cassie's mother have to do when sold to the Marsdens?
3. In what state is the commodity in which Will invests?
4. How do the Marsdens lose a sizable amount of money?
5. Lucy tells one of Will's stories about Unison Randolph who was ___________ at the time of the story.
Essay Topic 1
The author uses some important instances of foreshadowing in the story. Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an example of foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the role of women in the early to mid 20th century when Lucy is living her life. How did women's roles evolve? What precedents did they feel compelled to follow? What restrictions did they have? What freedoms did they have that 21st century women do not?
Essay Topic 3
OLDEST LIVING CONFEDERATE WIDOW TELLS ALL is a classic historical fiction story. What does that classification entail? Why does this story fit into this category?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)