|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom were Lucy and Will's children named?
(a) Civil War generals.
(b) Will's buddies.
(c) Lucy's family members.
(d) Will's family members.
2. How long is Lucy home when she decides to take the kids and leave Will?
(a) A year.
(b) Several weeks.
(c) A couple of days.
(d) Six months.
3. What position did Cassie's mother hold?
4. Bianca has a severe attack by _______________.
(c) yellow jackets.
5. Who was Lucy's mother?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Cassie when she was captured in Africa and sold into slavery?
2. What does Prothero dump onto Unison's musical instrument?
3. Where is Will sitting in a ditch in Book III, pp. 478-509?
4. Who takes Ned for his blind training classes?
5. How do the Marsdens lose a sizable amount of money?
Short Essay Questions
1. What story does Lady Marsden ask Cassie to tell as they wait for Sherman's troops to arrive?
2. What prevents Lucy from leaving with the children?
3. How does Baby try to re-pay her mother for swallowing the diamond ring?
4. What does Lucy do when she learns that Ned has been blinded in a hunting accident?
5. Why did Bianca try to push Lucy toward social refinement and how did Lucy feel about it?
6. What role does Will have in the annual parade of the Daughters of the Confederacy in Raleigh?
7. What was the fate of Cassie and her parents?
8. What decision does Lucy make after she has been home again for a few weeks?
9. Why does Maimie decide to kill herself?
10. How do Lucy's children feel about Cassie in their lives?
This section contains 978 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)