|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Daughters of the Confederacy ask Will to do?
(a) Speak to their group.
(b) Have his portrait painted.
(c) Lead the annual parade.
(d) Head up a fundraiser.
2. Who was Maimie L. Beech?
(a) Samuel's mother.
(b) Bianca's nursemaid.
(c) Lucy's nursemaid.
(d) Bianca's sister.
3. How has Will become famous in the area?
(a) By opening a college.
(b) By telling his war stories.
(c) By his philanthropy.
(d) By building a hospital.
4. Who was Lucy's mother?
5. In what state die Unison live?
(b) South Carolina.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Will want to take Ned?
2. What does Will feel about seeing General Lee?
3. How do the Marsdens lose a sizable amount of money?
4. What happened to Ned on the hunting trip?
5. What does Lucy do when she hears of Ned's injury?
Short Essay Questions
1. What lie does Ned tell his mother and what did he actually do?
2. What story does Lady Marsden ask Cassie to tell as they wait for Sherman's troops to arrive?
3. How does Lieutenant Prothero behave inappropriately toward Unison Randolph?
4. Why does Lucy decide to leave her family and what gives her validation on her decision?
5. Who is Maimie L. Beech?
6. What is the story of the woman at the train station which makes Lucy change her mind about leaving her family?
7. Why would Unison have behaved so mournfully at Prothero's funeral, especially when she did not care for him?
8. How does Baby try to re-pay her mother for swallowing the diamond ring?
9. What are the circumstances of the death of Lucy and Will's baby, Archie?
10. How does the author show that Lucy is weary of Will's war stories?
This section contains 944 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)