|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years does Cassie's mother wait before she tries to escape?
2. Who takes Ned for his blind training classes?
3. What prevents Lucy from taking the kids and leaving?
(a) Will has a nervous breakdown.
(b) Will is blinded.
(c) Will has a stroke.
(d) Will is shot.
4. How old was Cassie when she was captured in Africa and sold into slavery?
5. What happened to Ned on the hunting trip?
(a) He was blinded by a gunshot.
(b) He got caught in a trap.
(c) He fell and broke his leg.
(d) He shot a deer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Bianca marry?
2. How does Maimie kill herself?
3. What does Prothero dump onto Unison's musical instrument?
4. Who is Lucy's best friend as a child?
5. How does Will greet Lucy when she arrives at the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Maimie L. Beech?
2. What are the circumstances in which Maimie is terminated by Angus McCloud?
3. Why did Bianca try to push Lucy toward social refinement and how did Lucy feel about it?
4. How do Will's financial decisions make the family vulnerable?
5. What is significant about the diamond ring that Baby swallowed?
6. Describe how Cassie and her family members were taken aboard the big boat in Africa.
7. Why does Maimie decide to kill herself?
8. What lie does Ned tell his mother and what did he actually do?
9. How does Will behave when he returns home after Ned's accident?
10. What is the story of the woman at the train station which makes Lucy change her mind about leaving her family?
This section contains 1,040 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)