|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years does Cassie's mother wait before she tries to escape?
2. How has Will become famous in the area?
(a) By telling his war stories.
(b) By opening a college.
(c) By his philanthropy.
(d) By building a hospital.
3. What does Prothero dump onto Unison's musical instrument?
(d) Maple syrup.
4. Who takes Ned for his blind training classes?
5. What is the state of Will's popularity in the South now?
(a) It is steady.
(b) It is increasing.
(c) It has declined.
(d) It is nonexistent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Will want to take Ned?
2. What musical instrument does Unison play?
3. How old will Ned be at the beginning of this section?
4. What does Will do in spite of losing money?
5. What does Will do with the musket with which he killed men?
Short Essay Questions
1. What story does Lady Marsden ask Cassie to tell as they wait for Sherman's troops to arrive?
2. What is the story of the woman at the train station which makes Lucy change her mind about leaving her family?
3. How does the author use foreshadowing regarding Ned in this section?
4. What is significant about the diamond ring that Baby swallowed?
5. Why would Unison have behaved so mournfully at Prothero's funeral, especially when she did not care for him?
6. Describe Lucy's success at teaching Sunday School
7. How does Lieutenant Prothero behave inappropriately toward Unison Randolph?
8. How does Baby try to re-pay her mother for swallowing the diamond ring?
9. Describe Will's journey home after the end of the war.
10. Why is Will not interested in seeing General Lee during the surrender at Appomattox?
This section contains 943 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)