|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Unison's father and three brothers were all killed in the span of ________________.
(a) one day.
(b) one year.
(c) one month.
(d) one week.
2. How old will Ned be at the beginning of this section?
3. What happens to Lucy's diamond ring?
(a) Her child eats it.
(b) It went down the drain.
(c) She lost it while shopping.
(d) She left it at the salon.
4. What was the only job that Samuel attempted?
5. According to Prothero, there should not be a virgin over the age of __________ in the Confederacy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lucy cooking when her neighbor, Ruth, comes to tell her that she has a phone call?
2. Bianca has a severe attack by _______________.
3. What job does Cassie's mother have to do when sold to the Marsdens?
4. What did Cassie's mother do in the root cellar?
5. What does Will do in spite of losing money?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Lucy's children feel about Cassie in their lives?
2. What is significant about the diamond ring that Baby swallowed?
3. How does Lieutenant Prothero behave inappropriately toward Unison Randolph?
4. How does the author use foreshadowing regarding Ned in this section?
5. Why does Maimie decide to kill herself?
6. What story does Lady Marsden ask Cassie to tell as they wait for Sherman's troops to arrive?
7. Describe Lucy and Will's separation after Ned's accident.
8. How does Baby try to re-pay her mother for swallowing the diamond ring?
9. What role does Will have in the annual parade of the Daughters of the Confederacy in Raleigh?
10. Why does Lucy decide to leave her family and what gives her validation on her decision?
This section contains 934 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)