|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Will now storing some of his guns?
(a) The sewing room.
(b) The shed.
(c) The root cellar.
(d) The attic.
2. Will meets a man in Sharpsburg who gives him money for _________________.
(a) a coat.
3. Where does Will stay when Lucy tells him to leave the house?
(a) Falls Inn.
(b) New Ricks Hotel.
(c) Ambassador Hotel.
(d) Piedmont Inn.
4. How old was Cassie when she was captured in Africa and sold into slavery?
5. What validates Lucy's decision?
(a) She is having parties Summer.
(b) She gets lots of compliments.
(c) She reads of a woman who kills her husband and children.
(d) She never spends any money on herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Lucy's youngest child?
2. What decision does Lucy make in Book V, pp. 633-645?
3. How does Maimie kill herself?
4. How many men has Will killed?
5. What musical instrument does Unison play?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lucy do when she learns that Ned has been blinded in a hunting accident?
2. What is the story of the woman at the train station which makes Lucy change her mind about leaving her family?
3. Why would Unison have behaved so mournfully at Prothero's funeral, especially when she did not care for him?
4. What are the circumstances of the death of Lucy and Will's baby, Archie?
5. Describe Lucy's success at teaching Sunday School
6. How does the author show that Lucy is weary of Will's war stories?
7. Describe Will's journey home after the end of the war.
8. What prevents Lucy from leaving with the children?
9. How do Will's financial decisions make the family vulnerable?
10. What story does Lady Marsden ask Cassie to tell as they wait for Sherman's troops to arrive?
This section contains 931 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)