|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prevents Lucy from taking the kids and leaving?
(a) Will is blinded.
(b) Will is shot.
(c) Will has a nervous breakdown.
(d) Will has a stroke.
2. What happens to Lucy's diamond ring?
(a) Her child eats it.
(b) It went down the drain.
(c) She lost it while shopping.
(d) She left it at the salon.
3. How does Will greet Lucy when she arrives at the hospital?
(a) He does not want her to be there.
(b) He doesn't even know her name.
(c) He is apprehensive about seeing her.
(d) He embraces her strongly.
4. How old was Lucy when Cap gave her the diamond ring?
5. What was Lucy's father?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of animals does Cassie raise?
2. How long does Lucy have to wait in the train depot before her train departs?
3. What does Unison do at Prothero's funeral?
4. Where is Will now storing some of his guns?
5. For whom were Lucy and Will's children named?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Will behave when he returns home after Ned's accident?
2. How does Baby try to re-pay her mother for swallowing the diamond ring?
3. What lie does Ned tell his mother and what did he actually do?
4. What decision does Lucy make after she has been home again for a few weeks?
5. Why does Maimie decide to kill herself?
6. What does Lucy do when she learns that Ned has been blinded in a hunting accident?
7. Why would Unison have behaved so mournfully at Prothero's funeral, especially when she did not care for him?
8. What are the circumstances of the death of Lucy and Will's baby, Archie?
9. What is the story of the woman at the train station which makes Lucy change her mind about leaving her family?
10. How does the author use foreshadowing regarding Ned in this section?
This section contains 983 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)