|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what state die Unison live?
(d) South Carolina.
2. What does Will give to Lucy when he returns from the hunting trip?
3. What do the Daughters of the Confederacy ask Will to do?
(a) Speak to their group.
(b) Head up a fundraiser.
(c) Lead the annual parade.
(d) Have his portrait painted.
4. What does the community ask Lucy to do?
(a) Organize a hospital fundraiser.
(b) Run for Mayor.
(c) Volunteer at the soup kitchen.
(d) Teach Sunday School.
5. How old is Will when the South loses the war?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Prothero, there should not be a virgin over the age of __________ in the Confederacy.
2. Where does Will want to take Ned?
3. What does Maimie put in Bianca's hair as a treatment?
4. Where does Baby plan to run away to?
5. Who was Bianca's father?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Lucy's children feel about Cassie in their lives?
2. How does the author show that Lucy is weary of Will's war stories?
3. Why would Unison have behaved so mournfully at Prothero's funeral, especially when she did not care for him?
4. What lie does Ned tell his mother and what did he actually do?
5. What is the story of the woman at the train station which makes Lucy change her mind about leaving her family?
6. How does Will behave when he returns home after Ned's accident?
7. What are the circumstances in which Maimie is terminated by Angus McCloud?
8. How does the author use foreshadowing regarding Ned in this section?
9. What prevents Lucy from leaving with the children?
10. How do Will's financial decisions make the family vulnerable?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)