|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT one of the items that Lieutenant Prothero brings with him?
2. What is the state of Will's popularity in the South now?
(a) It is increasing.
(b) It has declined.
(c) It is steady.
(d) It is nonexistent.
3. Who was Maimie L. Beech?
(a) Bianca's nursemaid.
(b) Samuel's mother.
(c) Lucy's nursemaid.
(d) Bianca's sister.
4. What does Will do with the musket with which he killed men?
(a) He gives it away.
(b) He melts it down.
(c) He buries it.
(d) He sells it.
5. Who is Lucy's youngest child?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of animals does Cassie raise?
2. What does Will feel about seeing General Lee?
3. Who cares for Will now that he is incapacitated?
4. Why does Will refuse any rides on his way home?
5. How old was Lucy when Cap gave her the diamond ring?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Will not interested in seeing General Lee during the surrender at Appomattox?
2. What decision does Lucy make after she has been home again for a few weeks?
3. What are the circumstances of the death of Lucy and Will's baby, Archie?
4. How does Will behave when he returns home after Ned's accident?
5. Describe Lucy and Will's separation after Ned's accident.
6. Who is Maimie L. Beech?
7. What does Lucy do when she learns that Ned has been blinded in a hunting accident?
8. How does the author use foreshadowing regarding Ned in this section?
9. Describe how Cassie and her family members were taken aboard the big boat in Africa.
10. Why did Bianca try to push Lucy toward social refinement and how did Lucy feel about it?
This section contains 1,054 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)