|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT one of the items that Lieutenant Prothero brings with him?
2. What does Prothero dump onto Unison's musical instrument?
(b) Maple syrup.
3. Will leaves Appomattox before ____________________.
(a) hearing the terms of the surrender.
(b) saying goodbye to his buddies.
(c) seeing General Lee.
(d) it starts to rain.
4. What does Unison do at Prothero's funeral?
(a) Sobs hysterically.
(b) Recites poetry.
(c) Plays hymns.
(d) Lies on the ground.
5. How old will Ned be at the beginning of this section?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Lucy when Cap gave her the diamond ring?
2. What do the Daughters of the Confederacy ask Will to do?
3. What musical instrument does Unison play?
4. What decision does Lucy make in Book V, pp. 633-645?
5. Lucy tells one of Will's stories about Unison Randolph who was ___________ at the time of the story.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Baby try to re-pay her mother for swallowing the diamond ring?
2. What story does Lady Marsden ask Cassie to tell as they wait for Sherman's troops to arrive?
3. Why did Bianca try to push Lucy toward social refinement and how did Lucy feel about it?
4. What was the fate of Cassie and her parents?
5. What is significant about the diamond ring that Baby swallowed?
6. What does Lucy do when she learns that Ned has been blinded in a hunting accident?
7. What are the circumstances of the death of Lucy and Will's baby, Archie?
8. Why does Lucy decide to leave her family and what gives her validation on her decision?
9. Who is Maimie L. Beech?
10. How does Lieutenant Prothero behave inappropriately toward Unison Randolph?
This section contains 1,033 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)