|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Will do in spite of losing money?
(a) Adds on to the house.
(b) Buys new suits.
(c) Takes long trips.
(d) Adds to his gun collection.
2. How has Will become famous in the area?
(a) By his philanthropy.
(b) By opening a college.
(c) By building a hospital.
(d) By telling his war stories.
3. How many men has Will killed?
4. Who cares for Will now that he is incapacitated?
5. What advice does a woman in the train station give to Lucy?
(a) Get a nanny for the children.
(b) Home school the children.
(c) Don't run away.
(d) Divorce her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Union general do people talk about on Will's journey home?
2. What treat does Lucy take to Ned in the hospital?
3. What fascinates the tribe members after their big event?
4. How does Maimie kill herself?
5. What does Lucy plan to do when Will returns from the hunting trip?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Will not interested in seeing General Lee during the surrender at Appomattox?
2. Who is Maimie L. Beech?
3. What decision does Lucy make after she has been home again for a few weeks?
4. Describe Will's journey home after the end of the war.
5. Why does Lucy decide to leave her family and what gives her validation on her decision?
6. What is significant about the diamond ring that Baby swallowed?
7. What was the fate of Cassie and her parents?
8. Why would Unison have behaved so mournfully at Prothero's funeral, especially when she did not care for him?
9. How does Will behave when he returns home after Ned's accident?
10. Describe Lucy and Will's separation after Ned's accident.
This section contains 1,018 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)