|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT one of the items that Lieutenant Prothero brings with him?
2. Unison's father and three brothers were all killed in the span of ________________.
(a) one year.
(b) one day.
(c) one week.
(d) one month.
3. What happened to Ned on the hunting trip?
(a) He got caught in a trap.
(b) He shot a deer.
(c) He fell and broke his leg.
(d) He was blinded by a gunshot.
4. How old is Will when the South loses the war?
5. What was the only job that Samuel attempted?
Short Answer Questions
1. Lucy tells one of Will's stories about Unison Randolph who was ___________ at the time of the story.
2. Who is Lucy's youngest child?
3. What prevents Lucy from taking the kids and leaving?
4. What does the community ask Lucy to do?
5. What was the big event of the year for Cassie's tribe in Africa?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Will behave when he returns home after Ned's accident?
2. Why did Bianca try to push Lucy toward social refinement and how did Lucy feel about it?
3. How does the author show that Lucy is weary of Will's war stories?
4. What are the circumstances in which Maimie is terminated by Angus McCloud?
5. Describe Lucy's success at teaching Sunday School
6. How does Baby try to re-pay her mother for swallowing the diamond ring?
7. Why does Lucy decide to leave her family and what gives her validation on her decision?
8. What role does Will have in the annual parade of the Daughters of the Confederacy in Raleigh?
9. Why does Maimie decide to kill herself?
10. Describe how Cassie and her family members were taken aboard the big boat in Africa.
This section contains 1,051 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)