|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Unison's father and three brothers were all killed in the span of ________________.
(a) one year.
(b) one day.
(c) one month.
(d) one week.
2. Who is Lucy's best friend as a child?
(a) Susan Jessup.
(b) Peggy Hall.
(c) Addie McGlothin.
(d) Shirley Williams.
3. How many men has Will killed?
4. What destination does Lucy choose when she goes to the train depot?
(a) New York City.
(b) Boston, Massachusetts.
(c) Savannah, Georgia.
(d) St. Petersburg, Florida.
5. From what does Lucy and Cap's youngest child die?
(c) Scarlet Fever.
(d) Gunshot wound.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Cassie when she was captured in Africa and sold into slavery?
2. What is the state of Will's popularity in the South now?
3. Where is Will now storing some of his guns?
4. What was the big event of the year for Cassie's tribe in Africa?
5. How do the Marsdens lose a sizable amount of money?
Short Essay Questions
1. What lie does Ned tell his mother and what did he actually do?
2. What is the story of the woman at the train station which makes Lucy change her mind about leaving her family?
3. Why is Will not interested in seeing General Lee during the surrender at Appomattox?
4. What was the fate of Cassie and her parents?
5. Describe Lucy's success at teaching Sunday School
6. How do Lucy's children feel about Cassie in their lives?
7. What role does Will have in the annual parade of the Daughters of the Confederacy in Raleigh?
8. Why does Maimie decide to kill herself?
9. How do Will's financial decisions make the family vulnerable?
10. Why did Bianca try to push Lucy toward social refinement and how did Lucy feel about it?
This section contains 965 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)