|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Lucy NOT use for her Sunday School lessons?
(c) Stage props.
2. What does Will do with the musket with which he killed men?
(a) He buries it.
(b) He gives it away.
(c) He melts it down.
(d) He sells it.
3. What musical instrument does Unison play?
4. Where does Will stay when Lucy tells him to leave the house?
(a) Ambassador Hotel.
(b) Piedmont Inn.
(c) New Ricks Hotel.
(d) Falls Inn.
5. Lucy has her children research ______________ and give reports on what they find.
(b) palm trees.
(d) the moon.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old will Ned be at the beginning of this section?
2. Who cares for Will now that he is incapacitated?
3. What fascinates the tribe members after their big event?
4. Why does Maimie always quit her job?
5. What does Will give to Lucy when he returns from the hunting trip?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author use foreshadowing regarding Ned in this section?
2. What are the circumstances in which Maimie is terminated by Angus McCloud?
3. Describe Lucy and Will's separation after Ned's accident.
4. What are the circumstances of the death of Lucy and Will's baby, Archie?
5. How do Lucy's children feel about Cassie in their lives?
6. What is significant about the diamond ring that Baby swallowed?
7. What prevents Lucy from leaving with the children?
8. What is the story of the woman at the train station which makes Lucy change her mind about leaving her family?
9. How does the author show that Lucy is weary of Will's war stories?
10. Who is Maimie L. Beech?
This section contains 950 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)