|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Ned on the hunting trip?
(a) He got caught in a trap.
(b) He shot a deer.
(c) He fell and broke his leg.
(d) He was blinded by a gunshot.
2. What happens to Lucy's diamond ring?
(a) Her child eats it.
(b) She lost it while shopping.
(c) It went down the drain.
(d) She left it at the salon.
3. What does Will feel about seeing General Lee?
(a) Seeing him is the thrill of his life.
(b) He is not sure he wants to see him.
(c) He would give anything to see him.
(d) He is not interested in seeing him.
4. What regret does the woman in the train station have?
(a) Becoming a nun.
(b) Not going to college.
(c) Never marrying.
(d) Leaving her children.
5. Where does Will take Ned?
(a) Election headquarters.
(b) New York City.
(c) A hunting trip.
(d) A battleground tour.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the tribe members who go onto the boat?
2. Where does Will stay when Lucy tells him to leave the house?
3. What did Cassie's mother do in the root cellar?
4. In what state die Unison live?
5. What city did the woman in the train station come from?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Maimie decide to kill herself?
2. What is significant about the diamond ring that Baby swallowed?
3. How does the author show that Lucy is weary of Will's war stories?
4. What does Lucy do when she learns that Ned has been blinded in a hunting accident?
5. Describe how Cassie and her family members were taken aboard the big boat in Africa.
6. Why is Will not interested in seeing General Lee during the surrender at Appomattox?
7. Who is Maimie L. Beech?
8. What lie does Ned tell his mother and what did he actually do?
9. What are the circumstances in which Maimie is terminated by Angus McCloud?
10. Why did Bianca try to push Lucy toward social refinement and how did Lucy feel about it?
This section contains 1,085 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)