|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maimie put in Bianca's hair as a treatment?
(d) Olive oil.
2. What does Prothero dump onto Unison's musical instrument?
(c) Maple syrup.
3. Why does Will refuse any rides on his way home?
(a) He is frightened of strangers.
(b) He is afraid Union soldiers might want to take some revenge on him.
(c) He wants to be able to tell people that he walked all the way home from Appomattox.
(d) He does not encounter anyone who offers him a ride.
4. As a child, Lucy had a collection of _______________.
5. According to Prothero, there should not be a virgin over the age of __________ in the Confederacy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What fascinates the tribe members after their big event?
2. How long has Will been in the army at the war's end?
3. How does Will greet Lucy when she arrives at the hospital?
4. What is Lucy cooking when her neighbor, Ruth, comes to tell her that she has a phone call?
5. How long does Lucy have to wait in the train depot before her train departs?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Baby try to re-pay her mother for swallowing the diamond ring?
2. What was the fate of Cassie and her parents?
3. Describe how Cassie and her family members were taken aboard the big boat in Africa.
4. Who is Maimie L. Beech?
5. How does the author use foreshadowing regarding Ned in this section?
6. What is the story of the woman at the train station which makes Lucy change her mind about leaving her family?
7. How does the author show that Lucy is weary of Will's war stories?
8. Describe Lucy's success at teaching Sunday School
9. What does Lucy do when she learns that Ned has been blinded in a hunting accident?
10. How do Will's financial decisions make the family vulnerable?
This section contains 1,061 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)