|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the state of Will's popularity in the South now?
(a) It is steady.
(b) It is increasing.
(c) It is nonexistent.
(d) It has declined.
2. Where does Will take Ned?
(a) A battleground tour.
(b) A hunting trip.
(c) New York City.
(d) Election headquarters.
3. What regret does the woman in the train station have?
(a) Leaving her children.
(b) Not going to college.
(c) Never marrying.
(d) Becoming a nun.
4. Which of the following is NOT one of the items that Lieutenant Prothero brings with him?
5. What was the big event of the year for Cassie's tribe in Africa?
(a) Festival of the Death Masks.
(b) Mardi Gras.
(c) Egg Moon Festival.
(d) Dance of the Rare Red Bird.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men has Will killed?
2. What fascinates the tribe members after their big event?
3. From what does Lucy and Cap's youngest child die?
4. Will leaves Appomattox before ____________________.
5. What validates Lucy's decision?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Lucy and Will's separation after Ned's accident.
2. How do Lucy's children feel about Cassie in their lives?
3. How do Will's financial decisions make the family vulnerable?
4. How does Lieutenant Prothero behave inappropriately toward Unison Randolph?
5. What role does Will have in the annual parade of the Daughters of the Confederacy in Raleigh?
6. What is the story of the woman at the train station which makes Lucy change her mind about leaving her family?
7. Why does Lucy decide to leave her family and what gives her validation on her decision?
8. Describe how Cassie and her family members were taken aboard the big boat in Africa.
9. What are the circumstances of the death of Lucy and Will's baby, Archie?
10. What decision does Lucy make after she has been home again for a few weeks?
This section contains 967 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)