|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Lucy living at the beginning of the novel?
(a) A convent.
(b) Her daughter's home.
(c) Her own home.
(d) A nursing home.
2. How are people identified in the nursing home?
(a) By their room number.
(b) By their last names.
(c) By their arrival dates.
(d) By their medications.
3. What happens when Will gets closer to the places with the most painful memories?
(a) Will speeds up.
(b) Will drives erratically.
(c) The facts of Will's stories change.
(d) Will decides not to stop.
4. Lucy describes herself as the veteran of _____________.
(d) child brides.
5. What item did Will get from a dying Union soldier?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lucy start to do in the afternoons?
2. Lucy learns that Cassie is a _______________.
3. How many rooms were in Lady Marsden's mansion?
4. Who does Will run into at the hotel on his wedding night?
5. What does Ned's mother do when Will tells her about Ned's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. How old was Willie when he became a soldier and how did the war affect him?
2. Who was Ned Smythe and what was his role in Willie's life?
3. Who was Lady Marsden and what were some of the things she was noted for?
4. Which person does Lucy select as the topic of her paper on the Civil War, and how does she glean her information?
5. To what does Will attribute Cassie's aloof demeanor?
6. What is Will's behavior at the site where Ned was killed?
7. How does the novel begin?
8. How old are Lucy and Will when they meet and begin a courtship?
9. Why do most of the slaves remain at The Lilacs even after they are freed?
10. Why is Lucy concerned for Will during the family's trip to view Civil War sites?
This section contains 933 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)