|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Captain do during the night?
(a) He sleepwalks.
(b) He fixes a snack in his sleep.
(c) He has nightmares.
(d) He slaps Lucy.
2. What happens to Will a few months after the return from the trip?
(a) He breaks his hip.
(b) His hair turns white.
(c) He has a heart attack.
(d) He won't get out of bed.
3. Who is Castalia?
(a) Will's mother.
(b) Will's housekeeper.
(c) Will's sister.
(d) Wills' aunt.
4. Lady Marsden was known to be a master at _________________.
(c) riding horses.
(d) fixing clocks.
5. What nickname does Lucy's father give her?
(a) Miss Engaged.
(b) Doll Face.
(c) Miss Priss.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Will's demeanor on the way home from the trip?
2. Who is Lucy's first daughter?
3. In what state is the town in #15 located?
4. How does Ned's mother learn of his death?
5. What does Will do when he returns to Falls?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Ned Smythe and what was his role in Willie's life?
2. What is Will's behavior at the site where Ned was killed?
3. What physical and emotional changes occur in Will after visiting the lake where Ned was killed?
4. What is the irony of Sal Smith's situation when Will sees him again many years later?
5. Who was Lady Marsden and what were some of the things she was noted for?
6. How did Ned Smythe's mother react to news of his death?
7. How old was Willie when he became a soldier and how did the war affect him?
8. Why is Lucy's wedding night especially difficult for Lucy on two levels?
9. Why did Will make the trip to Massachusetts to meet with Simon Utts' family?
10. How does Ned's mother react when Will visits her to talk about Ned's death?
This section contains 940 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)