|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Willie and his mother have to stay in rented rooms after the war?
(a) They did not want to return home.
(b) They were having their home refurbished.
(c) Shermans' army destroyed their home.
(d) They didn't have much money after the war.
2. Lucy is pregnant with her _____________ child during the family road trip.
3. How did the boy in #9 die?
(b) Shot and drowned.
4. Who was the Union soldier Will dragged into a ditch with him?
(a) James Hall.
(b) Simon Utt.
(c) Samuel Morgan.
(d) Marcus Whittington.
5. Where does Cap drive the family in the new car?
(a) A tour of Civil War sites.
(b) To the Florida Keys.
(c) To Savannah.
(d) To Coney Island.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lucy begin to worry about Will?
2. Lucy says that there aren't many _____________ at the nursing home.
3. How does Cap tell Lucy to summon Cassie?
4. As a school girl, what topic does Lucy choose to write on regarding the Civil War?
5. Where did Will and his mother often have picnics?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Will terminate Cassie?
2. Why is Lucy's wedding night especially difficult for Lucy on two levels?
3. How old are Lucy and Will when they meet and begin a courtship?
4. To what does Will attribute Cassie's aloof demeanor?
5. Which person does Lucy select as the topic of her paper on the Civil War, and how does she glean her information?
6. Who is Sal Smith and what role did he play in Will's life during the war?
7. How did Will become famous for telling his war stories?
8. How does Lucy first meet Castalia?
9. What was the purpose of the trip the family made in a new Model T Ford?
10. How did the slaves treat Lady Marsden after she was burned in the fire at The Lilacs?
This section contains 986 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)