|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Cap drive the family in the new car?
(a) To Coney Island.
(b) A tour of Civil War sites.
(c) To Savannah.
(d) To the Florida Keys.
2. What does Will do when they reach the lake where Ned was killed?
(a) Cries hysterically.
(b) Lies on the ground for hours.
(c) Swims in the lake.
(d) Sits in a tree.
3. To what state does Will travel to tell the Union soldier's family about his death?
4. How old was Captain Marsden when he joined the Confederate army?
5. In what state is the town in #15 located?
(c) South Carolina.
(d) North Carolina.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Lucy lived at the nursing home?
2. How does Cap tell Lucy to summon Cassie?
3. How many rooms were in Lady Marsden's mansion?
4. What item did Will get from a dying Union soldier?
5. What does Cassie prepare for Lucy for breakfast?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Cassie and her family members were taken aboard the big boat in Africa.
2. Why does Lucy decide to leave her family and what gives her validation on her decision?
3. Why is Will not interested in seeing General Lee during the surrender at Appomattox?
4. Why is Lucy concerned for Will during the family's trip to view Civil War sites?
5. How did the slaves treat Lady Marsden after she was burned in the fire at The Lilacs?
6. Why does Maimie decide to kill herself?
7. To what does Will attribute Cassie's aloof demeanor?
8. Even though Lucy is younger than Will, how does she view him regarding his emotional war wounds?
9. What is the premise of OLDEST LIVING CONFEDERATE WIDOW TELLS ALL?
10. Describe Will's journey home after the end of the war.
This section contains 971 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)