|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Ned Smythe's mother?
2. To what state does Will travel to tell the Union soldier's family about his death?
3. What notable thing does Will comment on about his friend, Ned?
(a) His singing voice.
(b) His math skills.
(c) His artistic skills.
(d) His ability to tell a joke.
4. What game did Lady Marsden play with the slaves?
(a) Red Rover.
(c) Dodge Ball.
(d) Hide and Seek.
5. What thought did Lucy have on her wedding night?
(a) She truly loved her new husband.
(b) She could only tolerate her new husband.
(c) She wanted to run back home.
(d) She wanted the night to last forever.
Short Answer Questions
1. How ole is Lucy when she marries Will?
2. Who does Will run into at the hotel on his wedding night?
3. What did Lucy object to Will doing with the children?
4. What item did Will get from a dying Union soldier?
5. Which of the following does Cassie NOT provide for Lucy's bathing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which person does Lucy select as the topic of her paper on the Civil War, and how does she glean her information?
2. Who is the only man that Lucy likes in the nursing home?
3. Why does Will terminate Cassie?
4. What is the irony of Sal Smith's situation when Will sees him again many years later?
5. How did Will become famous for telling his war stories?
6. How old was Willie when he became a soldier and how did the war affect him?
7. Who is Sal Smith and what role did he play in Will's life during the war?
8. Who was Ned Smythe and what was his role in Willie's life?
9. Who was Lady Marsden and what were some of the things she was noted for?
10. Why is Lucy's wedding night especially difficult for Lucy on two levels?
This section contains 924 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)