|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Will purchase when he returns home from visiting the Utts?
(a) A new wardrobe.
(b) A new house.
(c) A Swiss watch.
(d) More livestock.
2. Lucy is pregnant with her _____________ child during the family road trip.
3. Lucy describes herself as the veteran of _____________.
(c) child brides.
4. Who is burned in the fiery destruction of The Lilacs?
(b) Lady Marsden.
(d) Big Sam.
5. What is Will's demeanor on the way home from the trip?
(a) He is very quiet.
(b) He is hysterical.
(c) He is surly.
(d) He won't stop crying.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item did Will get from a dying Union soldier?
2. What does the Captain do during the night?
3. What kind of car did Cap buy?
4. Who is Captain Marsden?
5. How old is Lucy at the beginning of the novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is significant about the diamond ring that Baby swallowed?
2. What is the initial relationship between Lucy and Castalia (Cassie)?
3. What is Lucy's life like now that Will is senile?
4. How does Will behave when he returns home after Ned's accident?
5. Why does Will terminate Cassie?
6. How old was Willie when he became a soldier and how did the war affect him?
7. Why did Bianca try to push Lucy toward social refinement and how did Lucy feel about it?
8. Why is Lucy's wedding night especially difficult for Lucy on two levels?
9. How did the slaves treat Lady Marsden after she was burned in the fire at The Lilacs?
10. Why does Maimie decide to kill herself?
This section contains 979 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)