|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Captain Marsden when he joined the Confederate army?
2. How ole is Lucy when she marries Will?
3. Lucy once follows Cassie ____________________.
(a) on her shopping day.
(b) to her mother's house.
(c) to church.
(d) to the cemetery.
4. What is Will's demeanor on the way home from the trip?
(a) He is hysterical.
(b) He is very quiet.
(c) He is surly.
(d) He won't stop crying.
5. How are people identified in the nursing home?
(a) By their arrival dates.
(b) By their last names.
(c) By their medications.
(d) By their room number.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the boy in #9 die?
2. What was the name of Lady Marsden's mansion?
3. Lucy learns that Cassie is a _______________.
4. What is Lucy's last name?
5. What is Lucy's notoriety in the nursing home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which person does Lucy select as the topic of her paper on the Civil War, and how does she glean her information?
2. What physical and emotional changes occur in Will after visiting the lake where Ned was killed?
3. Why does Will terminate Cassie?
4. How does Lucy first meet Castalia?
5. Who was Lady Marsden and what were some of the things she was noted for?
6. How old was Willie when he became a soldier and how did the war affect him?
7. What is the irony of Sal Smith's situation when Will sees him again many years later?
8. Why did Will make the trip to Massachusetts to meet with Simon Utts' family?
9. What is the initial relationship between Lucy and Castalia (Cassie)?
10. How did Ned Smythe's mother react to news of his death?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)