|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lady Marsden was known to be a master at _________________.
(a) riding horses.
(b) fixing clocks.
2. In what state is the town in #15 located?
(b) North Carolina.
(c) South Carolina.
3. Lucy once follows Cassie ____________________.
(a) on her shopping day.
(b) to church.
(c) to the cemetery.
(d) to her mother's house.
4. In what subject is Professor Taw interested?
(b) Art history.
5. Who was Will's friend in the army?
(a) James Hall.
(b) Joe Watson.
(c) Ned Smythe.
(d) Myron Best.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ned's mother not do after Ned went to war?
2. What do Cap and Lucy purchase at Hodgepath's?
3. What is Lucy's last name?
4. How long do the slaves from The Lilacs remain after the fire?
5. What does Will purchase when he returns home from visiting the Utts?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the novel begin?
2. How did Will become famous for telling his war stories?
3. How did the slaves treat Lady Marsden after she was burned in the fire at The Lilacs?
4. How did Ned Smythe's mother react to news of his death?
5. What role do soap operas play in the nursing home where Lucy lives now?
6. Why does Lucy allow Will to tell his war stories to the children in spite of her objection to them?
7. Who is the only man that Lucy likes in the nursing home?
8. What physical and emotional changes occur in Will after visiting the lake where Ned was killed?
9. Which person does Lucy select as the topic of her paper on the Civil War, and how does she glean her information?
10. How does Ned's mother react when Will visits her to talk about Ned's death?
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)