Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Cap and Lucy purchase at Hodgepath's?
(b) Yard goods.
2. Where did Will and his mother often have picnics?
(a) On the town square.
(b) At the lake.
(c) At the cemetery.
(d) On their burned out property.
3. Where did the boy in #9 die?
4. Cassie tells Lucy that Lucy doesn't know how to be _____________.
(a) a boss.
(b) a wife.
(c) a friend.
(d) a mother.
5. Who is the other slave who helps get Lady Marsden out of her home when Sherman's army arrives?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Will's demeanor on the way home from the trip?
2. Will and Lucy stay at a hotel near _____________ on their honeymoon.
3. Will is nearly __________ when he marries Lucy.
4. To what state does Will travel to tell the Union soldier's family about his death?
5. What did Lucy object to Will doing with the children?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Baby try to re-pay her mother for swallowing the diamond ring?
2. How does Ned's mother react when Will visits her to talk about Ned's death?
3. Describe the situation when Lucy takes Will one last time to see the lake where Ned was killed.
4. Who is Sal Smith and what role did he play in Will's life during the war?
5. What decision does Lucy make after she has been home again for a few weeks?
6. How did the slaves treat Lady Marsden after she was burned in the fire at The Lilacs?
7. What prevents Lucy from leaving with the children?
8. Describe Lucy's success at teaching Sunday School
9. How did Will become famous for telling his war stories?
10. What role does Will have in the annual parade of the Daughters of the Confederacy in Raleigh?
This section contains 971 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)