|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT an item the slaves leave with Lady Marsden before they go?
2. Will seems to be still scared from the war even though it ended over ___________ years ago.
3. How old was Captain Marsden when he joined the Confederate army?
4. How many rooms were in Lady Marsden's mansion?
5. What notable thing does Will comment on about his friend, Ned?
(a) His singing voice.
(b) His artistic skills.
(c) His math skills.
(d) His ability to tell a joke.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lucy once follows Cassie ____________________.
2. What is the name of the area where the freed slaves camp in Falls?
3. What do Cap and Lucy purchase at Hodgepath's?
4. Who is burned in the fiery destruction of The Lilacs?
5. What does Will purchase when he returns home from visiting the Utts?
Short Essay Questions
1. What physical and emotional changes occur in Will after visiting the lake where Ned was killed?
2. How old was Willie when he became a soldier and how did the war affect him?
3. Who was Ned Smythe and what was his role in Willie's life?
4. Why does Will terminate Cassie?
5. How does Lucy first meet Castalia?
6. What is the initial relationship between Lucy and Castalia (Cassie)?
7. Who is the only man that Lucy likes in the nursing home?
8. Which person does Lucy select as the topic of her paper on the Civil War, and how does she glean her information?
9. Why did Will make the trip to Massachusetts to meet with Simon Utts' family?
10. How does the novel begin?
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)