|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Captain Marsden when he joined the Confederate army?
2. How old is Lucy at the beginning of the novel?
3. As a school girl, what topic does Lucy choose to write on regarding the Civil War?
(a) Lady Marsden.
(b) Medical practices.
4. Where is Lucy living at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Her daughter's home.
(b) Her own home.
(c) A convent.
(d) A nursing home.
5. What is the name of the part of town where Cassie lives?
(a) Baby Africa.
(b) Urban Ghetto.
(d) Hell's Kitchen.
Short Answer Questions
1. How ole is Lucy when she marries Will?
2. Where did the boy in #9 die?
3. Why does Lucy begin to worry about Will?
4. Why did Cap not make the trip alone?
5. Lucy says that there aren't many _____________ at the nursing home.
Short Essay Questions
1. How old are Lucy and Will when they meet and begin a courtship?
2. Who was Lady Marsden and what were some of the things she was noted for?
3. How does Lucy first meet Castalia?
4. Which person does Lucy select as the topic of her paper on the Civil War, and how does she glean her information?
5. What was the purpose of the trip the family made in a new Model T Ford?
6. What is the premise of OLDEST LIVING CONFEDERATE WIDOW TELLS ALL?
7. Who was Ned Smythe and what was his role in Willie's life?
8. Who is the only man that Lucy likes in the nursing home?
9. How old was Willie when he became a soldier and how did the war affect him?
10. How does the novel begin?
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)