|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is burned in the fiery destruction of The Lilacs?
(b) Big Sam.
(d) Lady Marsden.
2. How old is Lucy at the beginning of the novel?
3. Where did the boy in #9 die?
4. What does Will do when they reach the lake where Ned was killed?
(a) Lies on the ground for hours.
(b) Sits in a tree.
(c) Swims in the lake.
(d) Cries hysterically.
5. Who was the nursing home director that Lucy liked?
(a) Larry Winch.
(b) Mike Adderly.
(c) Jay Cannon.
(d) Sam Genovese.
Short Answer Questions
1. What notable thing does Will comment on about his friend, Ned?
2. What was the name of Lady Marsden's mansion?
3. How long has Lucy lived at the nursing home?
4. Where did Will and his mother often have picnics?
5. What did Lucy object to Will doing with the children?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the initial relationship between Lucy and Castalia (Cassie)?
2. Which person does Lucy select as the topic of her paper on the Civil War, and how does she glean her information?
3. How does Lucy first meet Castalia?
4. Who was Lady Marsden and what were some of the things she was noted for?
5. Who is the only man that Lucy likes in the nursing home?
6. What is the irony of Sal Smith's situation when Will sees him again many years later?
7. How does Ned's mother react when Will visits her to talk about Ned's death?
8. Why does Will terminate Cassie?
9. To what does Will attribute Cassie's aloof demeanor?
10. How did Will become famous for telling his war stories?
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)