|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the nature of Cap's business?
2. Lucy describes herself as the veteran of _____________.
(a) child brides.
3. What does Ned's mother do when Will tells her about Ned's death?
(b) Throws plates at him.
(c) Hugs him.
(d) Calls him a liar.
4. Where did Will and his mother often have picnics?
(a) On the town square.
(b) On their burned out property.
(c) At the cemetery.
(d) At the lake.
5. What kind of car did Cap buy?
(d) Model T Ford.
Short Answer Questions
1. Will is nearly __________ when he marries Lucy.
2. Lucy says that there aren't many _____________ at the nursing home.
3. Lucy once follows Cassie ____________________.
4. To what state does Will travel to tell the Union soldier's family about his death?
5. What does Will do when they reach the lake where Ned was killed?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the novel begin?
2. Why did Will make the trip to Massachusetts to meet with Simon Utts' family?
3. To what does Will attribute Cassie's aloof demeanor?
4. Who is Sal Smith and what role did he play in Will's life during the war?
5. Who was Lady Marsden and what were some of the things she was noted for?
6. Who is the only man that Lucy likes in the nursing home?
7. Why does Lucy allow Will to tell his war stories to the children in spite of her objection to them?
8. What physical and emotional changes occur in Will after visiting the lake where Ned was killed?
9. How did Will become famous for telling his war stories?
10. Why do most of the slaves remain at The Lilacs even after they are freed?
This section contains 935 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)