|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lucy says that there aren't many _____________ at the nursing home.
(a) working TVs.
(d) good days.
2. What does the Captain do during the night?
(a) He sleepwalks.
(b) He has nightmares.
(c) He fixes a snack in his sleep.
(d) He slaps Lucy.
3. What is Castalia's nickname?
4. What is the name of the nursing home where Lucy lives?
(a) Oak Grove.
(c) Lanes' End.
(d) Shady Pines.
5. How does Ned's mother learn of his death?
(b) List posted in town.
(d) Visit from Sergeant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the man who saved Will's leg during the war?
2. Who does Will run into at the hotel on his wedding night?
3. What is Lucy's last name?
4. What is the nature of Cap's business?
5. In what subject is Professor Taw interested?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the premise of OLDEST LIVING CONFEDERATE WIDOW TELLS ALL?
2. How did Will become famous for telling his war stories?
3. Even though Lucy is younger than Will, how does she view him regarding his emotional war wounds?
4. To what does Will attribute Cassie's aloof demeanor?
5. What are the circumstances of the death of Lucy and Will's baby, Archie?
6. Why does Will terminate Cassie?
7. How does Baby try to re-pay her mother for swallowing the diamond ring?
8. How does the author use foreshadowing regarding Ned in this section?
9. How do Lucy's children feel about Cassie in their lives?
10. What role do soap operas play in the nursing home where Lucy lives now?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)