|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Will is nearly __________ when he marries Lucy.
2. Where did the boy in #9 die?
3. What does Will do when he returns to Falls?
(a) Builds a house.
(b) Gets married right away.
(c) Goes back to school.
(d) Visit places he and Ned used to play.
4. What is the name of the part of town where Cassie lives?
(a) Baby Africa.
(c) Hell's Kitchen.
(d) Urban Ghetto.
5. Who was the man who saved Will's leg during the war?
(a) William Morgan.
(b) Frederick Clark.
(c) Sal Smith.
(d) Everett Hocking.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lucy's notoriety in the nursing home?
2. What was the name of Lady Marsden's mansion?
3. What is the name of the area where the freed slaves camp in Falls?
4. Will seems to be still scared from the war even though it ended over ___________ years ago.
5. How long has Lucy lived at the nursing home?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Ned Smythe's mother react to news of his death?
2. Who is the only man that Lucy likes in the nursing home?
3. How did Will become famous for telling his war stories?
4. Who was Ned Smythe and what was his role in Willie's life?
5. Even though Lucy is younger than Will, how does she view him regarding his emotional war wounds?
6. What physical and emotional changes occur in Will after visiting the lake where Ned was killed?
7. What is the irony of Sal Smith's situation when Will sees him again many years later?
8. What is the premise of OLDEST LIVING CONFEDERATE WIDOW TELLS ALL?
9. What role do soap operas play in the nursing home where Lucy lives now?
10. Which person does Lucy select as the topic of her paper on the Civil War, and how does she glean her information?
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)