|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the slaves remain at The Lilacs for awhile?
(a) To sell some items to get money.
(b) To care for Lady Marsden.
(c) To gather some possessions.
(d) To develop a plan.
2. What nickname does Lucy's father give her?
(a) Doll Face.
(b) Miss Priss.
(d) Miss Engaged.
3. Lucy says that there aren't many _____________ at the nursing home.
(a) working TVs.
(d) good days.
4. What kind of car did Cap buy?
(c) Model T Ford.
5. Why did Cap not make the trip alone?
(a) He was afraid to.
(b) He needed help with the maps.
(c) He wanted more time with Lucy.
(d) He wanted his children to have a good time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Ned Smythe's mother?
2. What does Will purchase when he returns home from visiting the Utts?
3. What does Cassie prepare for Lucy for breakfast?
4. How does Cap tell Lucy to summon Cassie?
5. Who is Captain Marsden?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do most of the slaves remain at The Lilacs even after they are freed?
2. Why is Lucy concerned for Will during the family's trip to view Civil War sites?
3. Why does Will terminate Cassie?
4. What physical and emotional changes occur in Will after visiting the lake where Ned was killed?
5. What is the irony of Sal Smith's situation when Will sees him again many years later?
6. How does Lucy first meet Castalia?
7. How does the novel begin?
8. What is Will's behavior at the site where Ned was killed?
9. What is the initial relationship between Lucy and Castalia (Cassie)?
10. What role do soap operas play in the nursing home where Lucy lives now?
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)