|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Castalia's nickname?
2. Lucy once follows Cassie ____________________.
(a) to her mother's house.
(b) to church.
(c) to the cemetery.
(d) on her shopping day.
3. To what state does Will travel to tell the Union soldier's family about his death?
4. What is Lucy's last name?
5. Where does Cassie plan to go when she leaves The Lilacs?
(c) New York City.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the part of town where Cassie lives?
2. Where does Will keep his gun collection?
3. Who does Will run into at the hotel on his wedding night?
4. As a school girl, what topic does Lucy choose to write on regarding the Civil War?
5. What thought did Lucy have on her wedding night?
Short Essay Questions
1. How old was Willie when he became a soldier and how did the war affect him?
2. What is the initial relationship between Lucy and Castalia (Cassie)?
3. Which person does Lucy select as the topic of her paper on the Civil War, and how does she glean her information?
4. Why does Will terminate Cassie?
5. Who is the only man that Lucy likes in the nursing home?
6. To what does Will attribute Cassie's aloof demeanor?
7. Who was Lady Marsden and what were some of the things she was noted for?
8. Why is Lucy's wedding night especially difficult for Lucy on two levels?
9. How does Ned's mother react when Will visits her to talk about Ned's death?
10. Why do most of the slaves remain at The Lilacs even after they are freed?
This section contains 939 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)