|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are people identified in the nursing home?
(a) By their arrival dates.
(b) By their last names.
(c) By their medications.
(d) By their room number.
2. How did the boy in #9 die?
(d) Shot and drowned.
3. Which of the following does Cassie NOT provide for Lucy's bathing?
(a) Epsom salts.
(b) Bar of soap.
(d) Basin of hot water.
4. What is the name of the part of town where Cassie lives?
(b) Hell's Kitchen.
(c) Baby Africa.
(d) Urban Ghetto.
5. What does the Captain do during the night?
(a) He fixes a snack in his sleep.
(b) He sleepwalks.
(c) He has nightmares.
(d) He slaps Lucy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Cap and Lucy purchase at Hodgepath's?
2. Who was Ned Smythe's mother?
3. How many rooms were in Lady Marsden's mansion?
4. What happens when Will gets closer to the places with the most painful memories?
5. Why did Willie and his mother have to stay in rented rooms after the war?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the initial relationship between Lucy and Castalia (Cassie)?
2. Even though Lucy is younger than Will, how does she view him regarding his emotional war wounds?
3. How does Lucy first meet Castalia?
4. Why did Will make the trip to Massachusetts to meet with Simon Utts' family?
5. Who is Sal Smith and what role did he play in Will's life during the war?
6. How did Ned Smythe's mother react to news of his death?
7. How old are Lucy and Will when they meet and begin a courtship?
8. What physical and emotional changes occur in Will after visiting the lake where Ned was killed?
9. Why do most of the slaves remain at The Lilacs even after they are freed?
10. Why is Lucy concerned for Will during the family's trip to view Civil War sites?
This section contains 966 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)