|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what rank has Will promoted himself in his war stories by the time he is 36?
2. What is Captain Marsden's first name?
3. Who was Will's friend in the army?
(a) James Hall.
(b) Myron Best.
(c) Ned Smythe.
(d) Joe Watson.
4. What town was Ned Smythe from?
5. What does the Captain do during the night?
(a) He slaps Lucy.
(b) He fixes a snack in his sleep.
(c) He sleepwalks.
(d) He has nightmares.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the area where the freed slaves camp in Falls?
2. What nickname does Lucy's father give her?
3. What name does Lucy call Willie?
4. What did Lucy object to Will doing with the children?
5. How ole is Lucy when she marries Will?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Ned Smythe's mother react to news of his death?
2. Why does Lucy allow Will to tell his war stories to the children in spite of her objection to them?
3. How did the slaves treat Lady Marsden after she was burned in the fire at The Lilacs?
4. Who is the only man that Lucy likes in the nursing home?
5. What is Will's behavior at the site where Ned was killed?
6. How old are Lucy and Will when they meet and begin a courtship?
7. How old was Willie when he became a soldier and how did the war affect him?
8. How does Ned's mother react when Will visits her to talk about Ned's death?
9. What role do soap operas play in the nursing home where Lucy lives now?
10. Why did Will make the trip to Massachusetts to meet with Simon Utts' family?
This section contains 946 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)