|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of car did Cap buy?
(d) Model T Ford.
2. Lucy once follows Cassie ____________________.
(a) on her shopping day.
(b) to her mother's house.
(c) to the cemetery.
(d) to church.
3. Which of the following does Cassie NOT provide for Lucy's bathing?
(a) Epsom salts.
(b) Basin of hot water.
(c) Bar of soap.
4. What town was Ned Smythe from?
5. Cassie tells Lucy that Lucy doesn't know how to be _____________.
(a) a friend.
(b) a boss.
(c) a wife.
(d) a mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Cap drive the family in the new car?
2. How long has Lucy lived at the nursing home?
3. Where is Lucy living at the beginning of the novel?
4. What did Ned's mother not do after Ned went to war?
5. What does Will do when he returns to Falls?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Sal Smith and what role did he play in Will's life during the war?
2. Who was Ned Smythe and what was his role in Willie's life?
3. How old was Willie when he became a soldier and how did the war affect him?
4. What is the premise of OLDEST LIVING CONFEDERATE WIDOW TELLS ALL?
5. How did Will become famous for telling his war stories?
6. Who is the only man that Lucy likes in the nursing home?
7. Why does Will terminate Cassie?
8. Why does Lucy allow Will to tell his war stories to the children in spite of her objection to them?
9. Why is Lucy's wedding night especially difficult for Lucy on two levels?
10. How did the slaves treat Lady Marsden after she was burned in the fire at The Lilacs?
This section contains 945 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)