|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the part of town where Cassie lives?
(b) Hell's Kitchen.
(c) Baby Africa.
(d) Urban Ghetto.
2. Which of the following does Cassie NOT provide for Lucy's bathing?
(a) Epsom salts.
(b) Basin of hot water.
(c) Bar of soap.
3. What happens when Will gets closer to the places with the most painful memories?
(a) Will decides not to stop.
(b) The facts of Will's stories change.
(c) Will speeds up.
(d) Will drives erratically.
4. What happens to Will a few months after the return from the trip?
(a) He breaks his hip.
(b) He won't get out of bed.
(c) His hair turns white.
(d) He has a heart attack.
5. What town was Ned Smythe from?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the other slave who helps get Lady Marsden out of her home when Sherman's army arrives?
2. What does Cassie prepare for Lucy for breakfast?
3. Why does Lucy begin to worry about Will?
4. What did Lucy object to Will doing with the children?
5. Where does Will keep his gun collection?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the only man that Lucy likes in the nursing home?
2. How old are Lucy and Will when they meet and begin a courtship?
3. Why does Will terminate Cassie?
4. How does Ned's mother react when Will visits her to talk about Ned's death?
5. What role do soap operas play in the nursing home where Lucy lives now?
6. What was the purpose of the trip the family made in a new Model T Ford?
7. Who was Lady Marsden and what were some of the things she was noted for?
8. Which person does Lucy select as the topic of her paper on the Civil War, and how does she glean her information?
9. How did Will become famous for telling his war stories?
10. How did Ned Smythe's mother react to news of his death?
This section contains 987 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)