|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What decision does Lucy make in Book V, pp. 633-645?
(a) She decides to buy a new Summer wardrobe.
(b) She decides to leave the family.
(c) She decides to redecorate the house.
(d) She decides to cut her hair.
2. According to Prothero, there should not be a virgin over the age of __________ in the Confederacy.
3. What do the Daughters of the Confederacy ask Will to do?
(a) Have his portrait painted.
(b) Head up a fundraiser.
(c) Speak to their group.
(d) Lead the annual parade.
4. What does Will do with the musket with which he killed men?
(a) He melts it down.
(b) He gives it away.
(c) He sells it.
(d) He buries it.
5. Who cares for Will now that he is incapacitated?
6. In what state die Unison live?
(b) South Carolina.
7. Why do Lucy's children like going to Cassie's house?
(a) To have sleepovers.
(b) To play with her kids.
(c) To go fishing.
(d) To eat cookies.
8. Will leaves Appomattox before ____________________.
(a) saying goodbye to his buddies.
(b) it starts to rain.
(c) seeing General Lee.
(d) hearing the terms of the surrender.
9. What happens to Lucy's diamond ring?
(a) Her child eats it.
(b) It went down the drain.
(c) She left it at the salon.
(d) She lost it while shopping.
10. Where does Baby plan to run away to?
(c) New York City.
11. How old was Cassie when she was captured in Africa and sold into slavery?
12. What does Maimie put in Bianca's hair as a treatment?
(d) Olive oil.
13. What does Unison do at Prothero's funeral?
(a) Plays hymns.
(b) Lies on the ground.
(c) Recites poetry.
(d) Sobs hysterically.
14. Which of the following is NOT one of the items that Lieutenant Prothero brings with him?
15. How long does Lucy have to wait in the train depot before her train departs?
(a) 25 minutes.
(b) Three hours.
(c) Two hours.
(d) One and one-half hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Bianca's father?
2. What is Lucy cooking when her neighbor, Ruth, comes to tell her that she has a phone call?
3. Why does Lucy decide not to leave Will?
4. What advice does a woman in the train station give to Lucy?
5. From what does Lucy and Cap's youngest child die?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)