|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What lie does Ned tell Lucy?
(a) He is staying overnight at a friend's house.
(b) He is passing every course.
(c) He is going to bed early.
(d) He has been promoted to the next grade.
2. How does Lucy feel about where Will wants to take Ned?
(a) She endorses it completely.
(b) She thinks it will be a good learning experience.
(c) She is opposed to it.
(d) She has to think about it.
3. Why do Lucy's children like going to Cassie's house?
(a) To have sleepovers.
(b) To eat cookies.
(c) To go fishing.
(d) To play with her kids.
4. What prevents Lucy from taking the kids and leaving?
(a) Will has a nervous breakdown.
(b) Will is shot.
(c) Will has a stroke.
(d) Will is blinded.
5. What does Will give to Lucy when he returns from the hunting trip?
6. What decision does Lucy make in Book V, pp. 633-645?
(a) She decides to cut her hair.
(b) She decides to redecorate the house.
(c) She decides to buy a new Summer wardrobe.
(d) She decides to leave the family.
7. How old was Lucy when Cap gave her the diamond ring?
8. How long is Lucy home when she decides to take the kids and leave Will?
(a) Six months.
(b) Several weeks.
(c) A couple of days.
(d) A year.
9. Who is Lucy's best friend as a child?
(a) Peggy Hall.
(b) Shirley Williams.
(c) Addie McGlothin.
(d) Susan Jessup.
10. What was Lucy's father?
11. Why does Will refuse any rides on his way home?
(a) He does not encounter anyone who offers him a ride.
(b) He wants to be able to tell people that he walked all the way home from Appomattox.
(c) He is afraid Union soldiers might want to take some revenge on him.
(d) He is frightened of strangers.
12. What regret does the woman in the train station have?
(a) Becoming a nun.
(b) Never marrying.
(c) Leaving her children.
(d) Not going to college.
13. How has Will become famous in the area?
(a) By telling his war stories.
(b) By his philanthropy.
(c) By opening a college.
(d) By building a hospital.
14. In what state die Unison live?
(c) South Carolina.
15. How does Maimie kill herself?
(a) Slits her wrist.
(b) Hangs herself.
(c) Drowns in the river.
(d) Shoots herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what has Will invested money?
2. What was the only job that Samuel attempted?
3. Where is Will sitting in a ditch in Book III, pp. 478-509?
4. Unison's father and three brothers were all killed in the span of ________________.
5. How old will Ned be at the beginning of this section?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)