|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Maimie always quit her job?
(a) She is always moving around.
(b) She doesn't want people to know she can't read.
(c) She doesn't think she earns enough money.
(d) She gets bored really quickly.
2. Which of the following is NOT one of the items that Lieutenant Prothero brings with him?
3. Who is Lucy's youngest child?
4. What does the community ask Lucy to do?
(a) Teach Sunday School.
(b) Volunteer at the soup kitchen.
(c) Organize a hospital fundraiser.
(d) Run for Mayor.
5. Where is Will sitting in a ditch in Book III, pp. 478-509?
6. How long has Will been in the army at the war's end?
7. What destination does Lucy choose when she goes to the train depot?
(a) St. Petersburg, Florida.
(b) New York City.
(c) Savannah, Georgia.
(d) Boston, Massachusetts.
8. Where does Baby plan to run away to?
(d) New York City.
9. What does Maimie put in Bianca's hair as a treatment?
(a) Olive oil.
10. What did Cassie's mother do in the root cellar?
(a) Hanged herself.
(b) Tried to dig a tunnel.
(c) Slit her wrist.
(d) Carved a drawing on the wall.
11. Where does Will take Ned?
(a) A hunting trip.
(b) Election headquarters.
(c) A battleground tour.
(d) New York City.
12. Which Union general do people talk about on Will's journey home?
13. Lucy has her children research ______________ and give reports on what they find.
(b) palm trees.
(c) the moon.
14. What fascinates the tribe members after their big event?
(b) A fierce thunderstorm.
(c) A rainbow.
(d) The arrival of a big boat.
15. Who is Lucy's best friend as a child?
(a) Susan Jessup.
(b) Shirley Williams.
(c) Addie McGlothin.
(d) Peggy Hall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of animals does Cassie raise?
2. Who was Bianca's father?
3. What does Prothero dump onto Unison's musical instrument?
4. What position did Cassie's mother hold?
5. What job does Cassie's mother have to do when sold to the Marsdens?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)