|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Will been in the army at the war's end?
2. From what does Lucy and Cap's youngest child die?
(a) Gunshot wound.
(c) Scarlet Fever.
3. Lucy has her children research ______________ and give reports on what they find.
(b) palm trees.
(c) the moon.
4. What does Maimie put in Bianca's hair as a treatment?
(b) Olive oil.
5. What city did the woman in the train station come from?
6. How old was Lucy when Cap gave her the diamond ring?
7. Where is Will now storing some of his guns?
(a) The sewing room.
(b) The attic.
(c) The shed.
(d) The root cellar.
8. Will meets a man in Sharpsburg who gives him money for _________________.
(b) a coat.
9. Who was Maimie L. Beech?
(a) Samuel's mother.
(b) Bianca's sister.
(c) Lucy's nursemaid.
(d) Bianca's nursemaid.
10. How does Lucy feel about where Will wants to take Ned?
(a) She is opposed to it.
(b) She has to think about it.
(c) She endorses it completely.
(d) She thinks it will be a good learning experience.
11. What was Lucy's father?
12. What position did Cassie's mother hold?
13. Which of the following is NOT one of the items that Lieutenant Prothero brings with him?
14. What does Will feel about seeing General Lee?
(a) He is not interested in seeing him.
(b) Seeing him is the thrill of his life.
(c) He would give anything to see him.
(d) He is not sure he wants to see him.
15. Why does Maimie always quit her job?
(a) She is always moving around.
(b) She gets bored really quickly.
(c) She doesn't think she earns enough money.
(d) She doesn't want people to know she can't read.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Ned on the hunting trip?
2. What kind of animals does Cassie raise?
3. How old will Ned be at the beginning of this section?
4. What was the big event of the year for Cassie's tribe in Africa?
5. How long is Lucy home when she decides to take the kids and leave Will?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)