|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Will leaves Appomattox before ____________________.
(a) saying goodbye to his buddies.
(b) it starts to rain.
(c) seeing General Lee.
(d) hearing the terms of the surrender.
2. What happened to Ned on the hunting trip?
(a) He was blinded by a gunshot.
(b) He got caught in a trap.
(c) He fell and broke his leg.
(d) He shot a deer.
3. Which Union general do people talk about on Will's journey home?
4. In what has Will invested money?
5. Where does Will take Ned?
(a) A battleground tour.
(b) New York City.
(c) Election headquarters.
(d) A hunting trip.
6. Who was Lucy's mother?
7. What job does Cassie's mother have to do when sold to the Marsdens?
(a) Wash dishes.
(b) Teach the children.
(c) Beat the rugs.
(d) Raise the chickens.
8. How old was Cassie when she was captured in Africa and sold into slavery?
9. What does Will do in spite of losing money?
(a) Buys new suits.
(b) Adds on to the house.
(c) Adds to his gun collection.
(d) Takes long trips.
10. How old was Lucy when Cap gave her the diamond ring?
11. Who did Bianca marry?
(a) Joseph Treadwell.
(b) Matthew Owens.
(c) Samuel Honicott.
(d) Adam McGlothin.
12. How long is Lucy home when she decides to take the kids and leave Will?
(a) A couple of days.
(b) A year.
(c) Six months.
(d) Several weeks.
13. Lucy tells one of Will's stories about Unison Randolph who was ___________ at the time of the story.
14. What does Maimie put in Bianca's hair as a treatment?
(b) Olive oil.
15. How many years does Cassie's mother wait before she tries to escape?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Lucy have to wait in the train depot before her train departs?
2. What position did Cassie's mother hold?
3. What does Unison do at Prothero's funeral?
4. Who is Lucy's best friend as a child?
5. What does the community ask Lucy to do?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)