|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what state die Unison live?
(b) South Carolina.
2. What does Will do with the musket with which he killed men?
(a) He buries it.
(b) He gives it away.
(c) He melts it down.
(d) He sells it.
3. What destination does Lucy choose when she goes to the train depot?
(a) St. Petersburg, Florida.
(b) Boston, Massachusetts.
(c) New York City.
(d) Savannah, Georgia.
4. How many men has Will killed?
5. Where is Will now storing some of his guns?
(a) The sewing room.
(b) The attic.
(c) The root cellar.
(d) The shed.
6. Who was Lucy's mother?
7. How old will Ned be at the beginning of this section?
8. Which of the following does Lucy NOT use for her Sunday School lessons?
(d) Stage props.
9. Why does Will refuse any rides on his way home?
(a) He wants to be able to tell people that he walked all the way home from Appomattox.
(b) He does not encounter anyone who offers him a ride.
(c) He is afraid Union soldiers might want to take some revenge on him.
(d) He is frightened of strangers.
10. Who cares for Will now that he is incapacitated?
11. What job does Cassie's mother have to do when sold to the Marsdens?
(a) Beat the rugs.
(b) Teach the children.
(c) Raise the chickens.
(d) Wash dishes.
12. How long does it take Will to return home from Appomattox?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 10 weeks.
(c) 7 weeks.
(d) 6 months.
13. What does Will feel about seeing General Lee?
(a) He would give anything to see him.
(b) He is not interested in seeing him.
(c) He is not sure he wants to see him.
(d) Seeing him is the thrill of his life.
14. What does Lucy do when she hears of Ned's injury?
(a) Shoots herself.
(b) Piles up the guns in the house on the front yard.
(c) Sells all of Will's guns.
(d) Has the locks changed on the doors.
15. What kind of animals does Cassie raise?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lucy cooking when her neighbor, Ruth, comes to tell her that she has a phone call?
2. What does Unison do at Prothero's funeral?
3. How does Will greet Lucy when she arrives at the hospital?
4. What advice does a woman in the train station give to Lucy?
5. Where does Will want to take Ned?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)