|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Will refuse any rides on his way home?
(a) He is frightened of strangers.
(b) He wants to be able to tell people that he walked all the way home from Appomattox.
(c) He does not encounter anyone who offers him a ride.
(d) He is afraid Union soldiers might want to take some revenge on him.
2. Who was Lucy's mother?
3. What lie does Ned tell Lucy?
(a) He is passing every course.
(b) He is staying overnight at a friend's house.
(c) He has been promoted to the next grade.
(d) He is going to bed early.
4. How does Maimie kill herself?
(a) Hangs herself.
(b) Slits her wrist.
(c) Drowns in the river.
(d) Shoots herself.
5. What prevents Lucy from taking the kids and leaving?
(a) Will has a stroke.
(b) Will is blinded.
(c) Will has a nervous breakdown.
(d) Will is shot.
6. Lucy has her children research ______________ and give reports on what they find.
(b) palm trees.
(c) the moon.
7. What does Lucy plan to do when Will returns from the hunting trip?
(a) Go to the hospital.
(b) Have him arrested.
(c) Make him burn all his guns.
(d) Shoot him.
8. What does Will give to Lucy when he returns from the hunting trip?
9. Where does Baby plan to run away to?
(d) New York City.
10. What position did Cassie's mother hold?
11. How does Lucy feel about where Will wants to take Ned?
(a) She endorses it completely.
(b) She thinks it will be a good learning experience.
(c) She is opposed to it.
(d) She has to think about it.
12. How long does Lucy have to wait in the train depot before her train departs?
(a) 25 minutes.
(b) One and one-half hours.
(c) Two hours.
(d) Three hours.
13. Will meets a man in Sharpsburg who gives him money for _________________.
(a) a coat.
14. What do the Daughters of the Confederacy ask Will to do?
(a) Lead the annual parade.
(b) Speak to their group.
(c) Head up a fundraiser.
(d) Have his portrait painted.
15. What does Will do with the musket with which he killed men?
(a) He sells it.
(b) He gives it away.
(c) He buries it.
(d) He melts it down.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of animals does Cassie raise?
2. What musical instrument does Unison play?
3. How many men has Will killed?
4. Why does Lucy decide not to leave Will?
5. How old was Cassie when she was captured in Africa and sold into slavery?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)