|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Lucy have to wait in the train depot before her train departs?
(a) Three hours.
(b) One and one-half hours.
(c) 25 minutes.
(d) Two hours.
2. How does Maimie kill herself?
(a) Hangs herself.
(b) Slits her wrist.
(c) Shoots herself.
(d) Drowns in the river.
3. What does Unison do at Prothero's funeral?
(a) Plays hymns.
(b) Lies on the ground.
(c) Recites poetry.
(d) Sobs hysterically.
4. How old will Ned be at the beginning of this section?
5. What decision does Lucy make in Book V, pp. 633-645?
(a) She decides to leave the family.
(b) She decides to redecorate the house.
(c) She decides to cut her hair.
(d) She decides to buy a new Summer wardrobe.
6. How has Will become famous in the area?
(a) By building a hospital.
(b) By telling his war stories.
(c) By opening a college.
(d) By his philanthropy.
7. From what does Lucy and Cap's youngest child die?
(a) Gunshot wound.
(d) Scarlet Fever.
8. In what state die Unison live?
(a) South Carolina.
9. In what has Will invested money?
10. Who did Bianca marry?
(a) Matthew Owens.
(b) Samuel Honicott.
(c) Adam McGlothin.
(d) Joseph Treadwell.
11. What happens to Lucy's diamond ring?
(a) Her child eats it.
(b) It went down the drain.
(c) She lost it while shopping.
(d) She left it at the salon.
12. How long does it take Will to return home from Appomattox?
(a) 10 weeks.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 7 weeks.
(d) 6 months.
13. How long is Lucy home when she decides to take the kids and leave Will?
(a) A year.
(b) A couple of days.
(c) Several weeks.
(d) Six months.
14. Will leaves Appomattox before ____________________.
(a) saying goodbye to his buddies.
(b) it starts to rain.
(c) hearing the terms of the surrender.
(d) seeing General Lee.
15. Lucy tells one of Will's stories about Unison Randolph who was ___________ at the time of the story.
Short Answer Questions
1. Unison's father and three brothers were all killed in the span of ________________.
2. What do the Daughters of the Confederacy ask Will to do?
3. Bianca has a severe attack by _______________.
4. What position did Cassie's mother hold?
5. What destination does Lucy choose when she goes to the train depot?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)