|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prevents Lucy from taking the kids and leaving?
(a) Will has a stroke.
(b) Will is blinded.
(c) Will has a nervous breakdown.
(d) Will is shot.
2. Who takes Ned for his blind training classes?
3. What treat does Lucy take to Ned in the hospital?
(d) Ice cream.
4. What was the only job that Samuel attempted?
5. What fascinates the tribe members after their big event?
(a) A fierce thunderstorm.
(b) A rainbow.
(c) The arrival of a big boat.
6. What decision does Lucy make in Book V, pp. 633-645?
(a) She decides to redecorate the house.
(b) She decides to cut her hair.
(c) She decides to buy a new Summer wardrobe.
(d) She decides to leave the family.
7. Why does Maimie always quit her job?
(a) She gets bored really quickly.
(b) She doesn't think she earns enough money.
(c) She doesn't want people to know she can't read.
(d) She is always moving around.
8. In what state is the commodity in which Will invests?
9. How do the Marsdens lose a sizable amount of money?
(a) The banker embezzles it.
(b) It is Confederate money.
(c) Their house is robbed.
(d) Through bad investments.
10. Which Union general do people talk about on Will's journey home?
11. Where does Will want to take Ned?
(b) A hunting trip.
(c) The beach.
(d) The circus.
12. What happens to Lucy's diamond ring?
(a) It went down the drain.
(b) She left it at the salon.
(c) Her child eats it.
(d) She lost it while shopping.
13. How does Will greet Lucy when she arrives at the hospital?
(a) He does not want her to be there.
(b) He is apprehensive about seeing her.
(c) He doesn't even know her name.
(d) He embraces her strongly.
14. Will leaves Appomattox before ____________________.
(a) seeing General Lee.
(b) saying goodbye to his buddies.
(c) hearing the terms of the surrender.
(d) it starts to rain.
15. What do the Daughters of the Confederacy ask Will to do?
(a) Speak to their group.
(b) Have his portrait painted.
(c) Lead the annual parade.
(d) Head up a fundraiser.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Will feel about seeing General Lee?
2. What lie does Ned tell Lucy?
3. What does Will do in spite of losing money?
4. Where does Baby plan to run away to?
5. Which of the following is NOT one of the items that Lieutenant Prothero brings with him?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)