|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what does Lucy and Cap's youngest child die?
(b) Scarlet Fever.
(c) Gunshot wound.
2. Where is Will sitting in a ditch in Book III, pp. 478-509?
3. In what state is the commodity in which Will invests?
4. What decision does Lucy make in Book V, pp. 633-645?
(a) She decides to leave the family.
(b) She decides to redecorate the house.
(c) She decides to cut her hair.
(d) She decides to buy a new Summer wardrobe.
5. How has Will become famous in the area?
(a) By telling his war stories.
(b) By opening a college.
(c) By building a hospital.
(d) By his philanthropy.
6. What do the Daughters of the Confederacy ask Will to do?
(a) Speak to their group.
(b) Head up a fundraiser.
(c) Have his portrait painted.
(d) Lead the annual parade.
7. Which of the following does Lucy NOT use for her Sunday School lessons?
(b) Stage props.
8. Why does Maimie always quit her job?
(a) She gets bored really quickly.
(b) She is always moving around.
(c) She doesn't think she earns enough money.
(d) She doesn't want people to know she can't read.
9. What kind of animals does Cassie raise?
10. How does Maimie kill herself?
(a) Shoots herself.
(b) Drowns in the river.
(c) Hangs herself.
(d) Slits her wrist.
11. What fascinates the tribe members after their big event?
(a) The arrival of a big boat.
(b) A rainbow.
(c) A fierce thunderstorm.
12. How old was Lucy when Cap gave her the diamond ring?
13. Lucy has her children research ______________ and give reports on what they find.
(a) palm trees.
(c) the moon.
14. What prevents Lucy from taking the kids and leaving?
(a) Will has a stroke.
(b) Will is shot.
(c) Will is blinded.
(d) Will has a nervous breakdown.
15. Who takes Ned for his blind training classes?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old will Ned be at the beginning of this section?
2. What does Maimie put in Bianca's hair as a treatment?
3. Who did Bianca marry?
4. What happens to the tribe members who go onto the boat?
5. What position did Cassie's mother hold?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)