|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men has Will killed?
2. From what does Lucy and Cap's youngest child die?
(c) Scarlet Fever.
(d) Gunshot wound.
3. Where is Will sitting in a ditch in Book III, pp. 478-509?
4. Who takes Ned for his blind training classes?
5. What does Will do in spite of losing money?
(a) Takes long trips.
(b) Buys new suits.
(c) Adds to his gun collection.
(d) Adds on to the house.
6. What does Lucy plan to do when Will returns from the hunting trip?
(a) Make him burn all his guns.
(b) Have him arrested.
(c) Go to the hospital.
(d) Shoot him.
7. What did Cassie's mother do in the root cellar?
(a) Carved a drawing on the wall.
(b) Tried to dig a tunnel.
(c) Slit her wrist.
(d) Hanged herself.
8. In what state is the commodity in which Will invests?
9. According to Prothero, there should not be a virgin over the age of __________ in the Confederacy.
10. How long is Lucy home when she decides to take the kids and leave Will?
(a) Several weeks.
(b) Six months.
(c) A couple of days.
(d) A year.
11. How old is Will when the South loses the war?
12. Why does Maimie always quit her job?
(a) She is always moving around.
(b) She doesn't want people to know she can't read.
(c) She doesn't think she earns enough money.
(d) She gets bored really quickly.
13. Where is Will now storing some of his guns?
(a) The sewing room.
(b) The attic.
(c) The root cellar.
(d) The shed.
14. Why do Lucy's children like going to Cassie's house?
(a) To play with her kids.
(b) To eat cookies.
(c) To have sleepovers.
(d) To go fishing.
15. In what has Will invested money?
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the Marsdens lose a sizable amount of money?
2. What decision does Lucy make in Book V, pp. 633-645?
3. What happened to Ned on the hunting trip?
4. What was the only job that Samuel attempted?
5. What is the state of Will's popularity in the South now?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)