|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What lie does Ned tell Lucy?
(a) He is going to bed early.
(b) He is staying overnight at a friend's house.
(c) He is passing every course.
(d) He has been promoted to the next grade.
2. What does Maimie put in Bianca's hair as a treatment?
(d) Olive oil.
3. What decision does Lucy make in Book V, pp. 633-645?
(a) She decides to cut her hair.
(b) She decides to buy a new Summer wardrobe.
(c) She decides to leave the family.
(d) She decides to redecorate the house.
4. Which of the following is NOT one of the items that Lieutenant Prothero brings with him?
5. Where does Baby plan to run away to?
(b) New York City.
6. How old was Lucy when Cap gave her the diamond ring?
7. How does Will greet Lucy when she arrives at the hospital?
(a) He doesn't even know her name.
(b) He does not want her to be there.
(c) He is apprehensive about seeing her.
(d) He embraces her strongly.
8. What is Lucy cooking when her neighbor, Ruth, comes to tell her that she has a phone call?
(a) Potato salad.
(b) Lamb chops.
(c) Chocolate cake.
(d) Rice and beans.
9. How old was Cassie when she was captured in Africa and sold into slavery?
10. According to Prothero, there should not be a virgin over the age of __________ in the Confederacy.
11. What happened to Ned on the hunting trip?
(a) He shot a deer.
(b) He got caught in a trap.
(c) He was blinded by a gunshot.
(d) He fell and broke his leg.
12. For whom were Lucy and Will's children named?
(a) Civil War generals.
(b) Will's buddies.
(c) Lucy's family members.
(d) Will's family members.
13. Who was Bianca's father?
(a) Andrew Harrington.
(b) Angus McCloud.
(c) Joseph Marsden.
(d) Stephen McCord.
14. What does Prothero dump onto Unison's musical instrument?
(d) Maple syrup.
15. In what has Will invested money?
Short Answer Questions
1. What advice does a woman in the train station give to Lucy?
2. From what does Lucy and Cap's youngest child die?
3. Why do Lucy's children like going to Cassie's house?
4. Who cares for Will now that he is incapacitated?
5. Unison's father and three brothers were all killed in the span of ________________.
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)