|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Cassie's mother do in the root cellar?
(a) Tried to dig a tunnel.
(b) Slit her wrist.
(c) Carved a drawing on the wall.
(d) Hanged herself.
2. What is Lucy cooking when her neighbor, Ruth, comes to tell her that she has a phone call?
(a) Lamb chops.
(b) Potato salad.
(c) Chocolate cake.
(d) Rice and beans.
3. What job does Cassie's mother have to do when sold to the Marsdens?
(a) Beat the rugs.
(b) Teach the children.
(c) Raise the chickens.
(d) Wash dishes.
4. How do the Marsdens lose a sizable amount of money?
(a) Their house is robbed.
(b) The banker embezzles it.
(c) Through bad investments.
(d) It is Confederate money.
5. What does Will feel about seeing General Lee?
(a) He is not interested in seeing him.
(b) He would give anything to see him.
(c) He is not sure he wants to see him.
(d) Seeing him is the thrill of his life.
6. Who cares for Will now that he is incapacitated?
7. Where is Will sitting in a ditch in Book III, pp. 478-509?
8. What destination does Lucy choose when she goes to the train depot?
(a) Boston, Massachusetts.
(b) New York City.
(c) Savannah, Georgia.
(d) St. Petersburg, Florida.
9. How long has Will been in the army at the war's end?
10. What does the community ask Lucy to do?
(a) Run for Mayor.
(b) Organize a hospital fundraiser.
(c) Volunteer at the soup kitchen.
(d) Teach Sunday School.
11. What does Maimie put in Bianca's hair as a treatment?
(c) Olive oil.
12. What happened to Ned on the hunting trip?
(a) He fell and broke his leg.
(b) He got caught in a trap.
(c) He was blinded by a gunshot.
(d) He shot a deer.
13. What does Prothero dump onto Unison's musical instrument?
(d) Maple syrup.
14. According to Prothero, there should not be a virgin over the age of __________ in the Confederacy.
15. How old will Ned be at the beginning of this section?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Maimie kill herself?
2. What happens to Lucy's diamond ring?
3. In what has Will invested money?
4. Who is Lucy's best friend as a child?
5. Why do Lucy's children like going to Cassie's house?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)