|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What destination does Lucy choose when she goes to the train depot?
(a) Savannah, Georgia.
(b) Boston, Massachusetts.
(c) St. Petersburg, Florida.
(d) New York City.
2. Will leaves Appomattox before ____________________.
(a) seeing General Lee.
(b) saying goodbye to his buddies.
(c) it starts to rain.
(d) hearing the terms of the surrender.
3. What does Unison do at Prothero's funeral?
(a) Sobs hysterically.
(b) Plays hymns.
(c) Recites poetry.
(d) Lies on the ground.
4. Where is Will now storing some of his guns?
(a) The shed.
(b) The sewing room.
(c) The root cellar.
(d) The attic.
5. What treat does Lucy take to Ned in the hospital?
(b) Ice cream.
6. What regret does the woman in the train station have?
(a) Leaving her children.
(b) Never marrying.
(c) Becoming a nun.
(d) Not going to college.
7. Bianca has a severe attack by _______________.
(d) yellow jackets.
8. Who is Lucy's youngest child?
9. Where does Will want to take Ned?
(a) A hunting trip.
(c) The beach.
(d) The circus.
10. Lucy has her children research ______________ and give reports on what they find.
(a) palm trees.
(b) the moon.
11. What does Prothero dump onto Unison's musical instrument?
(c) Maple syrup.
12. Why do Lucy's children like going to Cassie's house?
(a) To have sleepovers.
(b) To eat cookies.
(c) To play with her kids.
(d) To go fishing.
13. Where is Will sitting in a ditch in Book III, pp. 478-509?
14. How old is Will when the South loses the war?
15. What job does Cassie's mother have to do when sold to the Marsdens?
(a) Wash dishes.
(b) Teach the children.
(c) Raise the chickens.
(d) Beat the rugs.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Maimie kill herself?
2. What position did Cassie's mother hold?
3. In what has Will invested money?
4. Where does Baby plan to run away to?
5. What happens to Lucy's diamond ring?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)