|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Ned on the hunting trip?
(a) He was blinded by a gunshot.
(b) He shot a deer.
(c) He fell and broke his leg.
(d) He got caught in a trap.
2. For whom were Lucy and Will's children named?
(a) Lucy's family members.
(b) Civil War generals.
(c) Will's buddies.
(d) Will's family members.
3. Who takes Ned for his blind training classes?
4. Who is Lucy's youngest child?
5. How long does Lucy have to wait in the train depot before her train departs?
(a) Two hours.
(b) Three hours.
(c) One and one-half hours.
(d) 25 minutes.
6. What decision does Lucy make in Book V, pp. 633-645?
(a) She decides to buy a new Summer wardrobe.
(b) She decides to leave the family.
(c) She decides to cut her hair.
(d) She decides to redecorate the house.
7. Unison's father and three brothers were all killed in the span of ________________.
(a) one day.
(b) one week.
(c) one year.
(d) one month.
8. How old was Cassie when she was captured in Africa and sold into slavery?
9. What is Lucy cooking when her neighbor, Ruth, comes to tell her that she has a phone call?
(a) Potato salad.
(b) Chocolate cake.
(c) Lamb chops.
(d) Rice and beans.
10. How has Will become famous in the area?
(a) By opening a college.
(b) By building a hospital.
(c) By telling his war stories.
(d) By his philanthropy.
11. Where does Will stay when Lucy tells him to leave the house?
(a) Falls Inn.
(b) Ambassador Hotel.
(c) New Ricks Hotel.
(d) Piedmont Inn.
12. Lucy tells one of Will's stories about Unison Randolph who was ___________ at the time of the story.
13. Where does Will take Ned?
(a) Election headquarters.
(b) A battleground tour.
(c) A hunting trip.
(d) New York City.
14. Will leaves Appomattox before ____________________.
(a) it starts to rain.
(b) hearing the terms of the surrender.
(c) seeing General Lee.
(d) saying goodbye to his buddies.
15. What does Will do in spite of losing money?
(a) Takes long trips.
(b) Adds on to the house.
(c) Adds to his gun collection.
(d) Buys new suits.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Will do with the musket with which he killed men?
2. How many men has Will killed?
3. How old will Ned be at the beginning of this section?
4. How does Will greet Lucy when she arrives at the hospital?
5. What happens to the tribe members who go onto the boat?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)