|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Unison's father and three brothers were all killed in the span of ________________.
(a) one month.
(b) one week.
(c) one day.
(d) one year.
2. What regret does the woman in the train station have?
(a) Not going to college.
(b) Never marrying.
(c) Becoming a nun.
(d) Leaving her children.
3. What validates Lucy's decision?
(a) She reads of a woman who kills her husband and children.
(b) She is having parties Summer.
(c) She gets lots of compliments.
(d) She never spends any money on herself.
4. Where does Will stay when Lucy tells him to leave the house?
(a) Falls Inn.
(b) New Ricks Hotel.
(c) Piedmont Inn.
(d) Ambassador Hotel.
5. Why does Will refuse any rides on his way home?
(a) He wants to be able to tell people that he walked all the way home from Appomattox.
(b) He is afraid Union soldiers might want to take some revenge on him.
(c) He does not encounter anyone who offers him a ride.
(d) He is frightened of strangers.
6. As a child, Lucy had a collection of _______________.
7. Who did Bianca marry?
(a) Adam McGlothin.
(b) Samuel Honicott.
(c) Matthew Owens.
(d) Joseph Treadwell.
8. How old was Lucy when Cap gave her the diamond ring?
9. How does Maimie kill herself?
(a) Hangs herself.
(b) Shoots herself.
(c) Drowns in the river.
(d) Slits her wrist.
10. What kind of animals does Cassie raise?
11. Which Union general do people talk about on Will's journey home?
12. What does the community ask Lucy to do?
(a) Run for Mayor.
(b) Teach Sunday School.
(c) Volunteer at the soup kitchen.
(d) Organize a hospital fundraiser.
13. What advice does a woman in the train station give to Lucy?
(a) Home school the children.
(b) Don't run away.
(c) Divorce her husband.
(d) Get a nanny for the children.
14. What does Lucy plan to do when Will returns from the hunting trip?
(a) Shoot him.
(b) Go to the hospital.
(c) Make him burn all his guns.
(d) Have him arrested.
15. According to Prothero, there should not be a virgin over the age of __________ in the Confederacy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Lucy's mother?
2. Who is Lucy's best friend as a child?
3. What treat does Lucy take to Ned in the hospital?
4. What happened to Ned on the hunting trip?
5. How long is Lucy home when she decides to take the kids and leave Will?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)