|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the boy in #9 die?
(a) Shot and drowned.
2. Where does Cassie plan to go when she leaves The Lilacs?
(b) New York City.
3. Where does Will keep his gun collection?
(a) In a closet.
(b) In his desk.
(c) Under the bed.
(d) In a safe.
4. Which of the following does Cassie NOT provide for Lucy's bathing?
(a) Basin of hot water.
(b) Bar of soap.
(c) Epsom salts.
5. What is Will's demeanor on the way home from the trip?
(a) He won't stop crying.
(b) He is very quiet.
(c) He is surly.
(d) He is hysterical.
6. What kind of car did Cap buy?
(d) Model T Ford.
7. How ole is Lucy when she marries Will?
8. How many rooms were in Lady Marsden's mansion?
9. What do Cap and Lucy purchase at Hodgepath's?
(b) Yard goods.
10. What does Will do when they reach the lake where Ned was killed?
(a) Swims in the lake.
(b) Sits in a tree.
(c) Lies on the ground for hours.
(d) Cries hysterically.
11. How long do the slaves from The Lilacs remain after the fire?
(a) 11 days.
(b) 12 years.
(c) 3 weeks.
(d) 6 months.
12. What is Captain Marsden's first name?
13. What happens when Will gets closer to the places with the most painful memories?
(a) Will drives erratically.
(b) Will speeds up.
(c) The facts of Will's stories change.
(d) Will decides not to stop.
14. Where did the boy in #9 die?
15. How old is Lucy at the beginning of the novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Captain Marsden?
2. Why do the slaves remain at The Lilacs for awhile?
3. What does the Captain do during the night?
4. What notable thing does Will comment on about his friend, Ned?
5. Lucy learns that Cassie is a _______________.
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)