|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Will's friend in the army?
(a) Myron Best.
(b) James Hall.
(c) Ned Smythe.
(d) Joe Watson.
2. Who is the other slave who helps get Lady Marsden out of her home when Sherman's army arrives?
3. Who was the Union soldier Will dragged into a ditch with him?
(a) James Hall.
(b) Simon Utt.
(c) Marcus Whittington.
(d) Samuel Morgan.
4. What notable thing does Will comment on about his friend, Ned?
(a) His ability to tell a joke.
(b) His artistic skills.
(c) His math skills.
(d) His singing voice.
5. What do Cap and Lucy purchase at Hodgepath's?
(a) Yard goods.
6. Why does Lucy begin to worry about Will?
(a) He is gambling heavily.
(b) He speeds in the car.
(c) He is drinking too much.
(d) He is having an affair.
7. Where does Will keep the watch until it is safe to deliver it?
(a) In a hat box.
(b) In a safe deposit bank.
(c) On his mantle.
(d) In his safe.
8. What happens when Will gets closer to the places with the most painful memories?
(a) Will speeds up.
(b) Will drives erratically.
(c) Will decides not to stop.
(d) The facts of Will's stories change.
9. Why did Cap not make the trip alone?
(a) He was afraid to.
(b) He wanted more time with Lucy.
(c) He needed help with the maps.
(d) He wanted his children to have a good time.
10. Who is Castalia?
(a) Will's mother.
(b) Will's housekeeper.
(c) Wills' aunt.
(d) Will's sister.
11. How did the boy in #9 die?
(b) Shot and drowned.
12. What is Will's demeanor on the way home from the trip?
(a) He won't stop crying.
(b) He is surly.
(c) He is hysterical.
(d) He is very quiet.
13. Which of the following does Cassie NOT provide for Lucy's bathing?
(a) Bar of soap.
(b) Basin of hot water.
(c) Epsom salts.
14. Where does Cap drive the family in the new car?
(a) To Savannah.
(b) A tour of Civil War sites.
(c) To Coney Island.
(d) To the Florida Keys.
15. What is Lucy's last name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Captain do during the night?
2. What nickname does Lucy's father give her?
3. What was the name of Lady Marsden's mansion?
4. What name does Lucy call Willie?
5. Why could Will not send the item in #49 to the family of the dead Union soldier?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)