|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Cap drive the family in the new car?
(a) To Coney Island.
(b) A tour of Civil War sites.
(c) To the Florida Keys.
(d) To Savannah.
2. Lucy says that there aren't many _____________ at the nursing home.
(a) good days.
(d) working TVs.
3. What is Castalia's nickname?
4. What is Captain Marsden's first name?
5. Which of the following is NOT an item the slaves leave with Lady Marsden before they go?
6. What do Cap and Lucy purchase at Hodgepath's?
(a) Yard goods.
7. What kind of car did Cap buy?
(a) Model T Ford.
8. What does Will do when they reach the lake where Ned was killed?
(a) Lies on the ground for hours.
(b) Swims in the lake.
(c) Sits in a tree.
(d) Cries hysterically.
9. Where is Lucy living at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Her daughter's home.
(b) A convent.
(c) Her own home.
(d) A nursing home.
10. Where does Will keep the watch until it is safe to deliver it?
(a) In a safe deposit bank.
(b) In his safe.
(c) On his mantle.
(d) In a hat box.
11. Who was Will's friend in the army?
(a) James Hall.
(b) Ned Smythe.
(c) Myron Best.
(d) Joe Watson.
12. Why did Cap not make the trip alone?
(a) He was afraid to.
(b) He needed help with the maps.
(c) He wanted more time with Lucy.
(d) He wanted his children to have a good time.
13. What is Lucy's last name?
14. Who was Ned Smythe's mother?
15. What notable thing does Will comment on about his friend, Ned?
(a) His ability to tell a joke.
(b) His math skills.
(c) His artistic skills.
(d) His singing voice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Lucy's first daughter?
2. What have some of the people at the nursing home gotten Lucy interested in?
3. What item did Will get from a dying Union soldier?
4. Where does Lucy tell Will she and the children will wait for him at the lake?
5. Who is Castalia?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)