|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Castalia's nickname?
2. What is the name of the part of town where Cassie lives?
(b) Baby Africa.
(c) Hell's Kitchen.
(d) Urban Ghetto.
3. What does Will do when he returns to Falls?
(a) Goes back to school.
(b) Visit places he and Ned used to play.
(c) Gets married right away.
(d) Builds a house.
4. Who is Lucy's first daughter?
5. What do Cap and Lucy purchase at Hodgepath's?
(c) Yard goods.
6. Where is Lucy living at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Her own home.
(b) A convent.
(c) A nursing home.
(d) Her daughter's home.
7. Lucy describes herself as the veteran of _____________.
(b) child brides.
8. Who is Castalia?
(a) Will's sister.
(b) Will's housekeeper.
(c) Will's mother.
(d) Wills' aunt.
9. What game did Lady Marsden play with the slaves?
(a) Dodge Ball.
(c) Red Rover.
(d) Hide and Seek.
10. Who is the other slave who helps get Lady Marsden out of her home when Sherman's army arrives?
11. What is the nature of Cap's business?
12. Where does Cassie plan to go when she leaves The Lilacs?
(d) New York City.
13. Why did Willie and his mother have to stay in rented rooms after the war?
(a) They did not want to return home.
(b) Shermans' army destroyed their home.
(c) They didn't have much money after the war.
(d) They were having their home refurbished.
14. How ole is Lucy when she marries Will?
15. What is the name of the area where the freed slaves camp in Falls?
(a) Hallelujah Trail.
(b) Sherman's City.
(c) Freedom City.
(d) Baby Africa.
Short Answer Questions
1. Will is nearly __________ when he marries Lucy.
2. Where did Will and his mother often have picnics?
3. Who was Will's friend in the army?
4. What item did Will get from a dying Union soldier?
5. How does Ned's mother learn of his death?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)