|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT an item the slaves leave with Lady Marsden before they go?
2. What is Castalia's nickname?
3. What does Will purchase when he returns home from visiting the Utts?
(a) More livestock.
(b) A new house.
(c) A Swiss watch.
(d) A new wardrobe.
4. What is Captain Marsden's first name?
5. What does Cassie prepare for Lucy for breakfast?
(a) An omelet.
(b) French toast.
6. Will and Lucy stay at a hotel near _____________ on their honeymoon.
7. Where did Will and his mother often have picnics?
(a) On the town square.
(b) On their burned out property.
(c) At the cemetery.
(d) At the lake.
8. In what state is the town in #15 located?
(a) South Carolina.
(c) North Carolina.
9. What is the name of the nursing home where Lucy lives?
(b) Shady Pines.
(c) Oak Grove.
(d) Lanes' End.
10. Lucy says that there aren't many _____________ at the nursing home.
(a) working TVs.
(c) good days.
11. How did the boy in #9 die?
(d) Shot and drowned.
12. How long do the slaves from The Lilacs remain after the fire?
(a) 11 days.
(b) 3 weeks.
(c) 12 years.
(d) 6 months.
13. Who was Will's friend in the army?
(a) James Hall.
(b) Ned Smythe.
(c) Joe Watson.
(d) Myron Best.
14. Why do the slaves remain at The Lilacs for awhile?
(a) To care for Lady Marsden.
(b) To develop a plan.
(c) To sell some items to get money.
(d) To gather some possessions.
15. Who is Captain Marsden?
(a) Lucy's brother.
(b) Lucy's husband.
(c) Lucy's father.
(d) Lucy's former beau.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lucy learns that Cassie is a _______________.
2. How does Cap tell Lucy to summon Cassie?
3. Where is Lucy living at the beginning of the novel?
4. What happens when Will gets closer to the places with the most painful memories?
5. What game did Lady Marsden play with the slaves?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)