|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Will and Lucy stay at a hotel near _____________ on their honeymoon.
2. In what state is the town in #15 located?
(a) South Carolina.
(b) North Carolina.
3. Where did Will and his mother often have picnics?
(a) At the cemetery.
(b) On their burned out property.
(c) At the lake.
(d) On the town square.
4. Who was Ned Smythe's mother?
5. What is Castalia's nickname?
6. What did Lucy object to Will doing with the children?
(a) Their homework.
(b) Having races with them.
(c) Playing dodge ball with them.
(d) Telling them war stories.
7. Why does Lucy begin to worry about Will?
(a) He speeds in the car.
(b) He is having an affair.
(c) He is drinking too much.
(d) He is gambling heavily.
8. Who was the nursing home director that Lucy liked?
(a) Larry Winch.
(b) Jay Cannon.
(c) Mike Adderly.
(d) Sam Genovese.
9. What game did Lady Marsden play with the slaves?
(a) Hide and Seek.
(c) Red Rover.
(d) Dodge Ball.
10. Who was the man who saved Will's leg during the war?
(a) Sal Smith.
(b) Everett Hocking.
(c) Frederick Clark.
(d) William Morgan.
11. What do Cap and Lucy purchase at Hodgepath's?
(b) Yard goods.
12. How did the boy in #9 die?
(a) Shot and drowned.
13. What does Lucy start to do in the afternoons?
(a) Volunteer at the hospital.
(b) Bake bread.
(c) Write letters.
(d) Read novels.
14. Lucy is pregnant with her _____________ child during the family road trip.
15. What happens to Will a few months after the return from the trip?
(a) He breaks his hip.
(b) His hair turns white.
(c) He won't get out of bed.
(d) He has a heart attack.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cap tell Lucy to summon Cassie?
2. How old was Captain Marsden when he joined the Confederate army?
3. What quirky thing did Ned's mother do two days after learning of his death?
4. What was the name of Lady Marsden's mansion?
5. What name does Lucy call Willie?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)