|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Cassie plan to go when she leaves The Lilacs?
(a) New York City.
2. What game did Lady Marsden play with the slaves?
(b) Red Rover.
(c) Hide and Seek.
(d) Dodge Ball.
3. Who does Will run into at the hotel on his wedding night?
(a) His business partner.
(b) Another war veteran.
(d) His ex-wife.
4. What does Ned's mother do when Will tells her about Ned's death?
(a) Throws plates at him.
(b) Hugs him.
(d) Calls him a liar.
5. What quirky thing did Ned's mother do two days after learning of his death?
(a) Did not sleep for a week.
(b) Slept in an army tent in the yard.
(c) Cut off all her hair.
(d) Invited people to a party.
6. What is Will's demeanor on the way home from the trip?
(a) He is surly.
(b) He won't stop crying.
(c) He is hysterical.
(d) He is very quiet.
7. Where does Will keep his gun collection?
(a) In a safe.
(b) In a closet.
(c) Under the bed.
(d) In his desk.
8. Will is nearly __________ when he marries Lucy.
9. Who is burned in the fiery destruction of The Lilacs?
(a) Lady Marsden.
(b) Big Sam.
10. Lady Marsden was known to be a master at _________________.
(b) riding horses.
(d) fixing clocks.
11. What is Lucy's notoriety in the nursing home?
(a) She has the most boyfriends.
(b) She is the oldest living Confederate widow.
(c) She can play the harmonica.
(d) She can tap dance.
12. Where did the boy in #9 die?
13. Lucy says that there aren't many _____________ at the nursing home.
(b) good days.
(c) working TVs.
14. What is Castalia's nickname?
15. In what subject is Professor Taw interested?
(a) Art history.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what state is the town in #15 located?
2. What happens when Will gets closer to the places with the most painful memories?
3. How many rooms were in Lady Marsden's mansion?
4. How old is Lucy at the beginning of the novel?
5. Who is the other slave who helps get Lady Marsden out of her home when Sherman's army arrives?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)