|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lady Marsden was known to be a master at _________________.
(b) riding horses.
(d) fixing clocks.
2. In what state is the town in #15 located?
(b) North Carolina.
(c) South Carolina.
3. What is the name of the nursing home where Lucy lives?
(a) Shady Pines.
(b) Lanes' End.
(c) Oak Grove.
4. How long has Lucy lived at the nursing home?
(a) 7 years.
(b) 14 years.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 3 years.
5. What is the nature of Cap's business?
6. How did the boy in #9 die?
(a) Shot and drowned.
7. Who does Will run into at the hotel on his wedding night?
(a) His business partner.
(b) Another war veteran.
(c) His ex-wife.
8. Why did Cap not make the trip alone?
(a) He was afraid to.
(b) He needed help with the maps.
(c) He wanted more time with Lucy.
(d) He wanted his children to have a good time.
9. Where did the boy in #9 die?
10. How many rooms were in Lady Marsden's mansion?
11. How old was Captain Marsden when he joined the Confederate army?
12. Lucy describes herself as the veteran of _____________.
(d) child brides.
13. How old is Lucy at the beginning of the novel?
14. What is Will's demeanor on the way home from the trip?
(a) He is very quiet.
(b) He won't stop crying.
(c) He is hysterical.
(d) He is surly.
15. What notable thing does Will comment on about his friend, Ned?
(a) His singing voice.
(b) His math skills.
(c) His artistic skills.
(d) His ability to tell a joke.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Cap and Lucy purchase at Hodgepath's?
2. How long do the slaves from The Lilacs remain after the fire?
3. Who is Castalia?
4. What have some of the people at the nursing home gotten Lucy interested in?
5. Who was Ned Smythe's mother?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)