|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Captain Marsden's first name?
2. What is Castalia's nickname?
3. As a school girl, what topic does Lucy choose to write on regarding the Civil War?
(b) Medical practices.
(c) Lady Marsden.
4. Lucy is pregnant with her _____________ child during the family road trip.
5. How are people identified in the nursing home?
(a) By their arrival dates.
(b) By their medications.
(c) By their room number.
(d) By their last names.
6. What was the name of Lady Marsden's mansion?
(a) The Gables.
(b) Belle Rieve.
(c) The Oaks.
(d) The Lilacs.
7. What town was Ned Smythe from?
8. What does Will purchase when he returns home from visiting the Utts?
(a) More livestock.
(b) A new house.
(c) A Swiss watch.
(d) A new wardrobe.
9. How many farms does Will own?
10. Will seems to be still scared from the war even though it ended over ___________ years ago.
11. Where does Cassie plan to go when she leaves The Lilacs?
(d) New York City.
12. What did Ned's mother not do after Ned went to war?
(a) Can peaches.
(b) Make his favorite dish.
(d) Go out of her yard.
13. How long has Lucy lived at the nursing home?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 7 years.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 14 years.
14. What happens when Will gets closer to the places with the most painful memories?
(a) Will drives erratically.
(b) Will decides not to stop.
(c) The facts of Will's stories change.
(d) Will speeds up.
15. What name does Lucy call Willie?
(d) Sir Willie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname does Lucy's father give her?
2. Who is Lucy's first daughter?
3. What thought did Lucy have on her wedding night?
4. What does Ned's mother do when Will tells her about Ned's death?
5. What item did Will get from a dying Union soldier?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)