|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the area where the freed slaves camp in Falls?
(a) Baby Africa.
(b) Freedom City.
(c) Hallelujah Trail.
(d) Sherman's City.
2. Lucy says that there aren't many _____________ at the nursing home.
(a) working TVs.
(c) good days.
3. What notable thing does Will comment on about his friend, Ned?
(a) His artistic skills.
(b) His singing voice.
(c) His ability to tell a joke.
(d) His math skills.
4. How many farms does Will own?
5. What does Will purchase when he returns home from visiting the Utts?
(a) More livestock.
(b) A new wardrobe.
(c) A Swiss watch.
(d) A new house.
6. Why do the slaves remain at The Lilacs for awhile?
(a) To sell some items to get money.
(b) To care for Lady Marsden.
(c) To develop a plan.
(d) To gather some possessions.
7. Why does Lucy begin to worry about Will?
(a) He is gambling heavily.
(b) He is drinking too much.
(c) He is having an affair.
(d) He speeds in the car.
8. Who is Castalia?
(a) Wills' aunt.
(b) Will's mother.
(c) Will's sister.
(d) Will's housekeeper.
9. Which of the following is NOT an item the slaves leave with Lady Marsden before they go?
10. Which of the following does Cassie NOT provide for Lucy's bathing?
(b) Epsom salts.
(c) Basin of hot water.
(d) Bar of soap.
11. Why did Cap not make the trip alone?
(a) He wanted his children to have a good time.
(b) He wanted more time with Lucy.
(c) He needed help with the maps.
(d) He was afraid to.
12. Where does Lucy tell Will she and the children will wait for him at the lake?
(a) In the car.
(b) At the motel.
(c) In their cabin.
(d) At a diner.
13. What is the name of the nursing home where Lucy lives?
(a) Oak Grove.
(c) Shady Pines.
(d) Lanes' End.
14. Lucy is pregnant with her _____________ child during the family road trip.
15. What quirky thing did Ned's mother do two days after learning of his death?
(a) Slept in an army tent in the yard.
(b) Invited people to a party.
(c) Cut off all her hair.
(d) Did not sleep for a week.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Lucy living at the beginning of the novel?
2. How does Cap tell Lucy to summon Cassie?
3. Lucy learns that Cassie is a _______________.
4. How old was Captain Marsden when he joined the Confederate army?
5. Who is the other slave who helps get Lady Marsden out of her home when Sherman's army arrives?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)