|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Cap not make the trip alone?
(a) He wanted his children to have a good time.
(b) He wanted more time with Lucy.
(c) He needed help with the maps.
(d) He was afraid to.
2. Who was Ned Smythe's mother?
3. Where does Will keep the watch until it is safe to deliver it?
(a) On his mantle.
(b) In a safe deposit bank.
(c) In a hat box.
(d) In his safe.
4. Cassie tells Lucy that Lucy doesn't know how to be _____________.
(a) a friend.
(b) a mother.
(c) a boss.
(d) a wife.
5. Lady Marsden was known to be a master at _________________.
(a) riding horses.
(c) fixing clocks.
6. Will is nearly __________ when he marries Lucy.
7. What does Cassie prepare for Lucy for breakfast?
(b) French toast.
(d) An omelet.
8. Lucy is pregnant with her _____________ child during the family road trip.
9. Who is the other slave who helps get Lady Marsden out of her home when Sherman's army arrives?
10. How old was Captain Marsden when he joined the Confederate army?
11. What is the name of the area where the freed slaves camp in Falls?
(a) Freedom City.
(b) Baby Africa.
(c) Sherman's City.
(d) Hallelujah Trail.
12. What thought did Lucy have on her wedding night?
(a) She wanted the night to last forever.
(b) She could only tolerate her new husband.
(c) She truly loved her new husband.
(d) She wanted to run back home.
13. How does Cap tell Lucy to summon Cassie?
(a) Have Cap get her.
(b) Ring a silver bell.
(c) Yell for her.
(d) Knock on the woodwork.
14. How many farms does Will own?
15. Where does Cap drive the family in the new car?
(a) To Coney Island.
(b) To the Florida Keys.
(c) To Savannah.
(d) A tour of Civil War sites.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lucy start to do in the afternoons?
2. What does Will purchase when he returns home from visiting the Utts?
3. Why do the slaves remain at The Lilacs for awhile?
4. Where does Will keep his gun collection?
5. What is Lucy's notoriety in the nursing home?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)