|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Cap not make the trip alone?
(a) He wanted his children to have a good time.
(b) He needed help with the maps.
(c) He was afraid to.
(d) He wanted more time with Lucy.
2. What did Ned's mother not do after Ned went to war?
(a) Can peaches.
(b) Make his favorite dish.
(c) Go out of her yard.
3. Who does Will run into at the hotel on his wedding night?
(a) Another war veteran.
(c) His ex-wife.
(d) His business partner.
4. Will is nearly __________ when he marries Lucy.
5. Where does Will keep his gun collection?
(a) In his desk.
(b) Under the bed.
(c) In a closet.
(d) In a safe.
6. Why could Will not send the item in #49 to the family of the dead Union soldier?
(a) He did not have the address.
(b) It was too big to package.
(c) There were no post offices around.
(d) He could not send a package to a Northern address.
7. What happens when Will gets closer to the places with the most painful memories?
(a) Will drives erratically.
(b) Will decides not to stop.
(c) Will speeds up.
(d) The facts of Will's stories change.
8. Will and Lucy stay at a hotel near _____________ on their honeymoon.
9. What have some of the people at the nursing home gotten Lucy interested in?
(b) Playing bridge.
(c) Watching game shows.
(d) Soap operas.
10. Lucy once follows Cassie ____________________.
(a) to the cemetery.
(b) to her mother's house.
(c) on her shopping day.
(d) to church.
11. Who was the nursing home director that Lucy liked?
(a) Larry Winch.
(b) Mike Adderly.
(c) Sam Genovese.
(d) Jay Cannon.
12. How are people identified in the nursing home?
(a) By their last names.
(b) By their room number.
(c) By their arrival dates.
(d) By their medications.
13. How does Ned's mother learn of his death?
(b) Visit from Sergeant.
(c) List posted in town.
14. How ole is Lucy when she marries Will?
15. What thought did Lucy have on her wedding night?
(a) She could only tolerate her new husband.
(b) She wanted to run back home.
(c) She truly loved her new husband.
(d) She wanted the night to last forever.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lucy is pregnant with her _____________ child during the family road trip.
2. How long has Lucy lived at the nursing home?
3. What did Lucy object to Will doing with the children?
4. Where did the boy in #9 die?
5. What game did Lady Marsden play with the slaves?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)