|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lucy's last name?
2. How old was Captain Marsden when he joined the Confederate army?
3. Will is nearly __________ when he marries Lucy.
4. What is Captain Marsden's first name?
5. Where does Cassie plan to go when she leaves The Lilacs?
(d) New York City.
6. What kind of car did Cap buy?
(b) Model T Ford.
7. What thought did Lucy have on her wedding night?
(a) She wanted the night to last forever.
(b) She could only tolerate her new husband.
(c) She truly loved her new husband.
(d) She wanted to run back home.
8. What game did Lady Marsden play with the slaves?
(a) Hide and Seek.
(b) Dodge Ball.
(d) Red Rover.
9. Which of the following is NOT an item the slaves leave with Lady Marsden before they go?
10. How long do the slaves from The Lilacs remain after the fire?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 12 years.
(d) 11 days.
11. What is the name of the part of town where Cassie lives?
(a) Baby Africa.
(c) Hell's Kitchen.
(d) Urban Ghetto.
12. Who was Will's friend in the army?
(a) Ned Smythe.
(b) James Hall.
(c) Joe Watson.
(d) Myron Best.
13. Lady Marsden was known to be a master at _________________.
(c) fixing clocks.
(d) riding horses.
14. Why do the slaves remain at The Lilacs for awhile?
(a) To develop a plan.
(b) To care for Lady Marsden.
(c) To sell some items to get money.
(d) To gather some possessions.
15. How long has Lucy lived at the nursing home?
(a) 14 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 7 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the nursing home where Lucy lives?
2. Who was the Union soldier Will dragged into a ditch with him?
3. Where is Lucy living at the beginning of the novel?
4. How old is Lucy at the beginning of the novel?
5. How many rooms were in Lady Marsden's mansion?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)