|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Will gets closer to the places with the most painful memories?
(a) Will drives erratically.
(b) Will decides not to stop.
(c) The facts of Will's stories change.
(d) Will speeds up.
2. Why do the slaves remain at The Lilacs for awhile?
(a) To sell some items to get money.
(b) To gather some possessions.
(c) To care for Lady Marsden.
(d) To develop a plan.
3. What game did Lady Marsden play with the slaves?
(a) Hide and Seek.
(b) Red Rover.
(d) Dodge Ball.
4. Who was the Union soldier Will dragged into a ditch with him?
(a) James Hall.
(b) Simon Utt.
(c) Marcus Whittington.
(d) Samuel Morgan.
5. What does Lucy start to do in the afternoons?
(a) Read novels.
(b) Bake bread.
(c) Volunteer at the hospital.
(d) Write letters.
6. What name does Lucy call Willie?
(c) Sir Willie.
7. What town was Ned Smythe from?
8. How long do the slaves from The Lilacs remain after the fire?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 12 years.
(c) 3 weeks.
(d) 11 days.
9. Will seems to be still scared from the war even though it ended over ___________ years ago.
10. What is Lucy's last name?
11. What did Lucy object to Will doing with the children?
(a) Having races with them.
(b) Telling them war stories.
(c) Playing dodge ball with them.
(d) Their homework.
12. Who was Will's friend in the army?
(a) Ned Smythe.
(b) Myron Best.
(c) James Hall.
(d) Joe Watson.
13. How are people identified in the nursing home?
(a) By their room number.
(b) By their last names.
(c) By their arrival dates.
(d) By their medications.
14. How old is Lucy at the beginning of the novel?
15. Who is burned in the fiery destruction of The Lilacs?
(c) Big Sam.
(d) Lady Marsden.
Short Answer Questions
1. As a school girl, what topic does Lucy choose to write on regarding the Civil War?
2. Lucy is pregnant with her _____________ child during the family road trip.
3. Where does Cap drive the family in the new car?
4. What does Will do when he returns to Falls?
5. What is the name of the part of town where Cassie lives?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)