Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Cap and Lucy purchase at Hodgepath's?
(b) Yard goods.
2. Where did Will and his mother often have picnics?
(a) On the town square.
(b) At the lake.
(c) At the cemetery.
(d) On their burned out property.
3. Where did the boy in #9 die?
4. Cassie tells Lucy that Lucy doesn't know how to be _____________.
(a) a boss.
(b) a wife.
(c) a friend.
(d) a mother.
5. Who is the other slave who helps get Lady Marsden out of her home when Sherman's army arrives?
6. What is Will's demeanor on the way home from the trip?
(a) He won't stop crying.
(b) He is very quiet.
(c) He is hysterical.
(d) He is surly.
7. Will and Lucy stay at a hotel near _____________ on their honeymoon.
8. Will is nearly __________ when he marries Lucy.
9. To what state does Will travel to tell the Union soldier's family about his death?
10. What did Lucy object to Will doing with the children?
(a) Playing dodge ball with them.
(b) Having races with them.
(c) Telling them war stories.
(d) Their homework.
11. Who is Castalia?
(a) Wills' aunt.
(b) Will's mother.
(c) Will's housekeeper.
(d) Will's sister.
12. How did the boy in #9 die?
(c) Shot and drowned.
13. How many rooms were in Lady Marsden's mansion?
14. Lucy once follows Cassie ____________________.
(a) to church.
(b) to the cemetery.
(c) on her shopping day.
(d) to her mother's house.
15. Will seems to be still scared from the war even though it ended over ___________ years ago.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ned's mother learn of his death?
2. Who was Ned Smythe's mother?
3. Lady Marsden was known to be a master at _________________.
4. To what rank has Will promoted himself in his war stories by the time he is 36?
5. How old is Lucy at the beginning of the novel?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)