|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Will keep his gun collection?
(a) In a safe.
(b) In his desk.
(c) Under the bed.
(d) In a closet.
2. Lucy learns that Cassie is a _______________.
(c) voodoo priestess.
3. Lucy once follows Cassie ____________________.
(a) to church.
(b) to the cemetery.
(c) on her shopping day.
(d) to her mother's house.
4. What does the Captain do during the night?
(a) He slaps Lucy.
(b) He sleepwalks.
(c) He fixes a snack in his sleep.
(d) He has nightmares.
5. What game did Lady Marsden play with the slaves?
(a) Hide and Seek.
(c) Dodge Ball.
(d) Red Rover.
6. What is Lucy's notoriety in the nursing home?
(a) She has the most boyfriends.
(b) She can tap dance.
(c) She is the oldest living Confederate widow.
(d) She can play the harmonica.
7. Where is Lucy living at the beginning of the novel?
(a) A convent.
(b) Her daughter's home.
(c) Her own home.
(d) A nursing home.
8. To what rank has Will promoted himself in his war stories by the time he is 36?
9. As a school girl, what topic does Lucy choose to write on regarding the Civil War?
(c) Medical practices.
(d) Lady Marsden.
10. What is the name of the nursing home where Lucy lives?
(a) Lanes' End.
(c) Oak Grove.
(d) Shady Pines.
11. How old is Lucy at the beginning of the novel?
12. Why does Lucy begin to worry about Will?
(a) He is drinking too much.
(b) He speeds in the car.
(c) He is having an affair.
(d) He is gambling heavily.
13. What notable thing does Will comment on about his friend, Ned?
(a) His singing voice.
(b) His artistic skills.
(c) His ability to tell a joke.
(d) His math skills.
14. To what state does Will travel to tell the Union soldier's family about his death?
15. In what subject is Professor Taw interested?
(b) Art history.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ned's mother learn of his death?
2. What is the name of the part of town where Cassie lives?
3. Lucy says that there aren't many _____________ at the nursing home.
4. Who was the Union soldier Will dragged into a ditch with him?
5. What does Lucy start to do in the afternoons?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)