|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Cap drive the family in the new car?
(a) To Coney Island.
(b) To the Florida Keys.
(c) To Savannah.
(d) A tour of Civil War sites.
2. Who does Will run into at the hotel on his wedding night?
(a) Another war veteran.
(b) His business partner.
(c) His ex-wife.
3. What does Cassie prepare for Lucy for breakfast?
(b) French toast.
(c) An omelet.
4. Where is Lucy living at the beginning of the novel?
(a) A nursing home.
(b) Her daughter's home.
(c) Her own home.
(d) A convent.
5. What was the name of Lady Marsden's mansion?
(a) The Oaks.
(b) The Lilacs.
(c) Belle Rieve.
(d) The Gables.
6. What game did Lady Marsden play with the slaves?
(b) Red Rover.
(c) Hide and Seek.
(d) Dodge Ball.
7. How did the boy in #9 die?
(a) Shot and drowned.
8. Who is Castalia?
(a) Wills' aunt.
(b) Will's sister.
(c) Will's mother.
(d) Will's housekeeper.
9. How are people identified in the nursing home?
(a) By their arrival dates.
(b) By their room number.
(c) By their medications.
(d) By their last names.
10. Lucy describes herself as the veteran of _____________.
(b) child brides.
11. What notable thing does Will comment on about his friend, Ned?
(a) His math skills.
(b) His artistic skills.
(c) His ability to tell a joke.
(d) His singing voice.
12. Why do the slaves remain at The Lilacs for awhile?
(a) To develop a plan.
(b) To sell some items to get money.
(c) To care for Lady Marsden.
(d) To gather some possessions.
13. What does the Captain do during the night?
(a) He fixes a snack in his sleep.
(b) He sleepwalks.
(c) He slaps Lucy.
(d) He has nightmares.
14. What is the nature of Cap's business?
15. What is Will's demeanor on the way home from the trip?
(a) He is hysterical.
(b) He is very quiet.
(c) He won't stop crying.
(d) He is surly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Will is nearly __________ when he marries Lucy.
2. What have some of the people at the nursing home gotten Lucy interested in?
3. Who was the man who saved Will's leg during the war?
4. Who was Ned Smythe's mother?
5. Why did Willie and his mother have to stay in rented rooms after the war?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)