|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what state is the town in #15 located?
(c) South Carolina.
(d) North Carolina.
2. What does Ned's mother do when Will tells her about Ned's death?
(a) Calls him a liar.
(b) Hugs him.
(d) Throws plates at him.
3. Which of the following is NOT an item the slaves leave with Lady Marsden before they go?
4. How ole is Lucy when she marries Will?
5. What is the name of the nursing home where Lucy lives?
(b) Shady Pines.
(c) Oak Grove.
(d) Lanes' End.
6. What did Ned's mother not do after Ned went to war?
(a) Make his favorite dish.
(c) Go out of her yard.
(d) Can peaches.
7. What kind of car did Cap buy?
(d) Model T Ford.
8. Where did the boy in #9 die?
9. What does Lucy start to do in the afternoons?
(a) Volunteer at the hospital.
(b) Bake bread.
(c) Write letters.
(d) Read novels.
10. Lucy learns that Cassie is a _______________.
(d) voodoo priestess.
11. Who was the nursing home director that Lucy liked?
(a) Mike Adderly.
(b) Larry Winch.
(c) Sam Genovese.
(d) Jay Cannon.
12. Who was Ned Smythe's mother?
13. Where does Lucy tell Will she and the children will wait for him at the lake?
(a) In their cabin.
(b) In the car.
(c) At a diner.
(d) At the motel.
14. How are people identified in the nursing home?
(a) By their last names.
(b) By their room number.
(c) By their medications.
(d) By their arrival dates.
15. What happens when Will gets closer to the places with the most painful memories?
(a) The facts of Will's stories change.
(b) Will drives erratically.
(c) Will decides not to stop.
(d) Will speeds up.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the other slave who helps get Lady Marsden out of her home when Sherman's army arrives?
2. Where does Cap drive the family in the new car?
3. How many rooms were in Lady Marsden's mansion?
4. What town was Ned Smythe from?
5. What is the nature of Cap's business?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)