|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lucy start to do in the afternoons?
(a) Write letters.
(b) Read novels.
(c) Bake bread.
(d) Volunteer at the hospital.
2. Where does Cap drive the family in the new car?
(a) To Savannah.
(b) A tour of Civil War sites.
(c) To Coney Island.
(d) To the Florida Keys.
3. What is the name of the area where the freed slaves camp in Falls?
(a) Hallelujah Trail.
(b) Baby Africa.
(c) Freedom City.
(d) Sherman's City.
4. How does Cap tell Lucy to summon Cassie?
(a) Knock on the woodwork.
(b) Have Cap get her.
(c) Ring a silver bell.
(d) Yell for her.
5. In what state is the town in #15 located?
(c) South Carolina.
(d) North Carolina.
6. Will is nearly __________ when he marries Lucy.
7. What name does Lucy call Willie?
(d) Sir Willie.
8. To what rank has Will promoted himself in his war stories by the time he is 36?
9. What is the name of the part of town where Cassie lives?
(a) Urban Ghetto.
(b) Hell's Kitchen.
(d) Baby Africa.
10. What is Lucy's last name?
11. How did the boy in #9 die?
(d) Shot and drowned.
12. Why does Lucy begin to worry about Will?
(a) He speeds in the car.
(b) He is gambling heavily.
(c) He is drinking too much.
(d) He is having an affair.
13. Who was Ned Smythe's mother?
14. What notable thing does Will comment on about his friend, Ned?
(a) His ability to tell a joke.
(b) His artistic skills.
(c) His math skills.
(d) His singing voice.
15. What did Ned's mother not do after Ned went to war?
(a) Can peaches.
(b) Go out of her yard.
(d) Make his favorite dish.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why could Will not send the item in #49 to the family of the dead Union soldier?
2. Lucy learns that Cassie is a _______________.
3. Will seems to be still scared from the war even though it ended over ___________ years ago.
4. Lucy once follows Cassie ____________________.
5. Who does Will run into at the hotel on his wedding night?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)