|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Lucy object to Will doing with the children?
(a) Their homework.
(b) Playing dodge ball with them.
(c) Having races with them.
(d) Telling them war stories.
2. Lucy describes herself as the veteran of _____________.
(d) child brides.
3. Who is the other slave who helps get Lady Marsden out of her home when Sherman's army arrives?
4. Where does Lucy tell Will she and the children will wait for him at the lake?
(a) In the car.
(b) In their cabin.
(c) At the motel.
(d) At a diner.
5. How does Cap tell Lucy to summon Cassie?
(a) Have Cap get her.
(b) Ring a silver bell.
(c) Knock on the woodwork.
(d) Yell for her.
6. Who is Castalia?
(a) Will's mother.
(b) Will's housekeeper.
(c) Wills' aunt.
(d) Will's sister.
7. How does Ned's mother learn of his death?
(a) List posted in town.
(d) Visit from Sergeant.
8. In what state is the town in #15 located?
(a) South Carolina.
(d) North Carolina.
9. Who was the nursing home director that Lucy liked?
(a) Mike Adderly.
(b) Larry Winch.
(c) Sam Genovese.
(d) Jay Cannon.
10. Why did Willie and his mother have to stay in rented rooms after the war?
(a) They did not want to return home.
(b) They were having their home refurbished.
(c) Shermans' army destroyed their home.
(d) They didn't have much money after the war.
11. Why do the slaves remain at The Lilacs for awhile?
(a) To develop a plan.
(b) To sell some items to get money.
(c) To care for Lady Marsden.
(d) To gather some possessions.
12. Where is Lucy living at the beginning of the novel?
(a) A convent.
(b) A nursing home.
(c) Her own home.
(d) Her daughter's home.
13. What town was Ned Smythe from?
14. Lucy learns that Cassie is a _______________.
(a) voodoo priestess.
15. Who is Lucy's first daughter?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Will keep the watch until it is safe to deliver it?
2. What is the name of the part of town where Cassie lives?
3. What item did Will get from a dying Union soldier?
4. Who is Captain Marsden?
5. To what rank has Will promoted himself in his war stories by the time he is 36?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)