|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Cap drive the family in the new car?
(a) To the Florida Keys.
(b) A tour of Civil War sites.
(c) To Coney Island.
(d) To Savannah.
2. Who was the man who saved Will's leg during the war?
(a) Everett Hocking.
(b) Frederick Clark.
(c) Sal Smith.
(d) William Morgan.
3. As a school girl, what topic does Lucy choose to write on regarding the Civil War?
(c) Lady Marsden.
(d) Medical practices.
4. Lucy learns that Cassie is a _______________.
(b) voodoo priestess.
5. What town was Ned Smythe from?
6. What have some of the people at the nursing home gotten Lucy interested in?
(b) Soap operas.
(c) Playing bridge.
(d) Watching game shows.
7. What item did Will get from a dying Union soldier?
8. How long has Lucy lived at the nursing home?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 7 years.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 14 years.
9. Who is Lucy's first daughter?
10. Where did Will and his mother often have picnics?
(a) At the cemetery.
(b) On the town square.
(c) On their burned out property.
(d) At the lake.
11. What kind of car did Cap buy?
(b) Model T Ford.
12. How does Cap tell Lucy to summon Cassie?
(a) Ring a silver bell.
(b) Knock on the woodwork.
(c) Have Cap get her.
(d) Yell for her.
13. Where does Will keep his gun collection?
(a) Under the bed.
(b) In a safe.
(c) In a closet.
(d) In his desk.
14. In what subject is Professor Taw interested?
(a) Art history.
15. What nickname does Lucy's father give her?
(a) Doll Face.
(b) Miss Priss.
(c) Miss Engaged.
Short Answer Questions
1. Will is nearly __________ when he marries Lucy.
2. What notable thing does Will comment on about his friend, Ned?
3. What is Will's demeanor on the way home from the trip?
4. What is Lucy's last name?
5. Why could Will not send the item in #49 to the family of the dead Union soldier?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)