Short Answer Questions Key
1. What is Lucy's last name?
2. How old is Lucy at the beginning of the novel?
3. Where is Lucy living at the beginning of the novel?
A nursing home.
4. Who is Captain Marsden?
5. What is Captain Marsden's first name?
6. How old was Captain Marsden when he joined the Confederate army?
7. What is Lucy's notoriety in the nursing home?
She is the oldest living Confederate widow.
8. Lucy describes herself as the veteran of _____________.
9. Who was Will's friend in the army?
10. How did the boy in #9 die?
Shot and drowned.
11. Where did the boy in #9 die?
This section contains 3,452 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)