|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III, pgs. 510 - 546.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What notable thing does Will comment on about his friend, Ned?
(a) His singing voice.
(b) His ability to tell a joke.
(c) His math skills.
(d) His artistic skills.
2. Who was Will's friend in the army?
(a) James Hall.
(b) Joe Watson.
(c) Ned Smythe.
(d) Myron Best.
3. How does Ned's mother learn of his death?
(a) List posted in town.
(c) Visit from Sergeant.
4. What quirky thing did Ned's mother do two days after learning of his death?
(a) Cut off all her hair.
(b) Slept in an army tent in the yard.
(c) Did not sleep for a week.
(d) Invited people to a party.
5. Why does Will refuse any rides on his way home?
(a) He is afraid Union soldiers might want to take some revenge on him.
(b) He does not encounter anyone who offers him a ride.
(c) He wants to be able to tell people that he walked all the way home from Appomattox.
(d) He is frightened of strangers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Maimie L. Beech?
2. What is Lucy's notoriety in the nursing home?
3. Where is Will sitting in a ditch in Book III, pp. 478-509?
4. What does Will do in spite of losing money?
5. Which of the following does Cassie NOT provide for Lucy's bathing?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)