|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book I, pgs. 66-88.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What thought did Lucy have on her wedding night?
(a) She could only tolerate her new husband.
(b) She wanted the night to last forever.
(c) She wanted to run back home.
(d) She truly loved her new husband.
2. Why did Willie and his mother have to stay in rented rooms after the war?
(a) They were having their home refurbished.
(b) They did not want to return home.
(c) Shermans' army destroyed their home.
(d) They didn't have much money after the war.
3. Who is Captain Marsden?
(a) Lucy's husband.
(b) Lucy's former beau.
(c) Lucy's father.
(d) Lucy's brother.
4. Lucy describes herself as the veteran of _____________.
(c) child brides.
5. What is Lucy's notoriety in the nursing home?
(a) She is the oldest living Confederate widow.
(b) She can play the harmonica.
(c) She can tap dance.
(d) She has the most boyfriends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lucy's last name?
2. How long has Lucy lived at the nursing home?
3. What town was Ned Smythe from?
4. In what state is the town in #15 located?
5. Where is Lucy living at the beginning of the novel?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)