Book I, pgs. 1-22
1. What is Lucy's last name?
2. How old is Lucy at the beginning of the novel?
3. Where is Lucy living at the beginning of the novel?
(a) A convent.
(b) Her daughter's home.
(c) Her own home.
(d) A nursing home.
4. Who is Captain Marsden?
(a) Lucy's former beau.
(b) Lucy's brother.
(c) Lucy's husband.
(d) Lucy's father.
5. What is Captain Marsden's first name?
6. How old was Captain Marsden when he joined the Confederate army?
7. What is Lucy's notoriety in the nursing home?
(a) She has the most boyfriends.
(b) She can tap dance.
(c) She can play the harmonica.
(d) She is the oldest living Confederate widow.
8. Lucy describes herself as the veteran of _____________.
(c) child brides.
9. Who was Will's friend in the army?
(a) Joe Watson.
(b) James Hall.
(c) Myron Best.
(d) Ned Smythe.
10. How did the boy in #9 die?
(d) Shot and drowned.
11. Where did the boy in #9 die?
This section contains 3,452 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)