Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mama so upset that Jumper is eating the corn?
2. How bad is the wound inflicted on Travis by the hogs?
3. What makes the hogs under Travis' limb go wild with anger.
4. Why is Travis angry that Bud Searcy comes to visit?
5. Why is Travis sickened when he looks at Spot?
1) Analyze the events leading up to Old Yeller's death at the end of the novel.
2) Describe the symptoms and dangers of hydrophobia as seen in the novel.
3) Explain if Travis had any other alternatives other than shooting Old Yeller in the head.
4) Is Travis justified in his killing of Old Yeller? Explain.
1) Interpret the feelings Travis and Lisbeth have for each other in the first part of the novel when they are visiting.
2) Are their emotions authentic for their ages?
3) Are they truthful with each other?
4) Compare these emotions with how they interact later in the novel when Lisbeth is staying at Travis' house.
5) What regrets do they have at the end of the novel with regard to their relationship?
6) How does their relationship differ from the first part of the novel?
1) Analyze the resolution of the story as it relates to each of the characters in the novel.
2) Explain the metamorphosis each of them experiences in the final chapter.
3) Describe how Papa's words," A man can't afford to waste the good parts of life, worrying about the bad parts. That makes it all bad..." relate to Travis, Little Arliss, and Mama.
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)