Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mama so upset that Jumper is eating the corn?
2. How bad is the wound inflicted on Travis by the hogs?
3. What makes the hogs under Travis' limb go wild with anger.
4. Why is Travis angry that Bud Searcy comes to visit?
5. Why is Travis sickened when he looks at Spot?
1) Compare and contrast the actions of the puppy at the end of the novel with the actions of Old Yeller in the beginning of the novel.
2) How do the actions of the puppy help Travis out of his depression over Old Yeller's death?
3) What emotions does Travis express when he sees Little Arliss and the puppy in the drinking water?
4) Discuss the conflicting emotions Travis reveals and explain his future plans for the puppy.
1) Evaluate the elements of cause and effect in the story using examples from the novel.
2) Choose three events from the story which cause Travis life to undergo a change.
3) How does he react to the events and their effects?
4) How does he grow emotionally in his own life and in his attitude toward his family because of these changes?
1) Analyze the events leading up to Old Yeller's death at the end of the novel.
2) Describe the symptoms and dangers of hydrophobia as seen in the novel.
3) Explain if Travis had any other alternatives other than shooting Old Yeller in the head.
4) Is Travis justified in his killing of Old Yeller? Explain.
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)