|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Travis do when he hears the sound of dogs fighting? T
2. What does Old Yeller do while Mama stitches his wound?
3. How does Old Yeller react to the animal that comes into the yard?
4. When does Travis become uneasy about why Mama and Lisbeth haven't returned home?
5. How does Mama clean Travis' wound?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Analyze the events leading up to Old Yeller's death at the end of the novel.
2) Describe the symptoms and dangers of hydrophobia as seen in the novel.
3) Explain if Travis had any other alternatives other than shooting Old Yeller in the head.
4) Is Travis justified in his killing of Old Yeller? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
1) Evaluate the elements of cause and effect in the story using examples from the novel.
2) Choose three events from the story which cause Travis life to undergo a change.
3) How does he react to the events and their effects?
4) How does he grow emotionally in his own life and in his attitude toward his family because of these changes?
Essay Topic 3
1) Summarize the impact Old Yeller and Travis have on each other's lives.
2) What is involved in the relationship of the boy and his dog?
3) How does the relationship of a boy and his dog by today's standards differ from those of Travis and Old Yeller?
4)Cite examples from the novel.
This section contains 1,425 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)