|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lisbeth feel about Travis' reaction to the puppy?
2. When does Travis become uneasy about why Mama and Lisbeth haven't returned home?
3. How does Travis feel after he shoots his dog?
4. What do Mama and Travis do when Jumper is unable to move the dead animal?
5. Why is Travis terrified when he sees Old Yeller fighting a mad loafer wolf?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Travis' state of mind after he shoots Old Yeller.
2. Describe what Travis and Mama do with the bull.
3. Describe Travis' reaction when Lisbeth bring him a puppy as a gift.
4. Describe what Mama does to treat Travis' wound.
5. Summarize the actions of Travis when he realized that the roan bull has hydrophobia.
6. Why is Travis worried when wakes up from his nap?
7. Summarize how Travis and Mama get Old Yeller back to the cabin.
8. Describe the condition of the roan bull who wanders around the cabin.
9. Summarize how Old Yeller gets the wild hogs where Travis wants them to go.
10. Describe the condition of Travis and Old Yeller for the next few weeks.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Evaluate the elements of cause and effect in the story using examples from the novel.
2) Choose three events from the story which cause Travis life to undergo a change.
3) How does he react to the events and their effects?
4) How does he grow emotionally in his own life and in his attitude toward his family because of these changes?
Essay Topic 2
1) Evaluate the relationship between Travis and his brother, Little Arliss.
2) How does Old Yeller affect their relationship with one another?
3) What event changes the way Travis views his brother and how he feels about him?
Give examples from the novel of the interaction between the two brothers.
Essay Topic 3
1) Analyze the impact of the Civil War on the American economy as described in the novel.
2) What result does this economy have on the lives of Papa, Travis, Mama, and Little Arliss?
3) Predict how different their lives would have been if the war had not affected the economy.
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)