Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mama so upset that Jumper is eating the corn?
2. How bad is the wound inflicted on Travis by the hogs?
3. What makes the hogs under Travis' limb go wild with anger.
4. Why is Travis angry that Bud Searcy comes to visit?
5. Why is Travis sickened when he looks at Spot?
Essay Topic 1
1) Evaluate the relationship between Travis and his mother.
2) How does little Arliss affect their relationship with one another?
3) What events cause Mama to worry so much about Travis?
4) Give examples from the story of how Travis and his mother interact with each other during the main events of the novel.
Essay Topic 2
1) Summarize how Fred Gipson uses local color and imagery to describe the cabin and Birdsong Creek.
2) Cite descriptive examples of the interior and exterior of the cabin, the area around Birdsong Creek, and the places Travis and Old Yeller travel during the novel.
3) How does the imagery Gipson uses depict a clear and accurate picture of the cabin and surrounding landscape?
Essay Topic 3
1) Write an introduction for the novel discussing Fred Gipson's writing style, use of dialogue, imagery, and the point of view of the characters.
2) How do these literary elements affect the story?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)