|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Old Yeller save Travis from the hogs?
(a) He chases the hogs away from Travis.
(b) The hogs back away from the snarls of Old Yeller.
(c) He drags Travis away from the hogs.
(d) He goes after them in a roaring rage.
2. What does Travis see that makes him think Old Yeller is dead?
(a) He sees a sees a hog sniffing around the spot where Old Yeller is hidden.
(b) Flies are hovering over the spot where Old Yeller is hidden.
(c) He sees a large puddle of blood around the spot where Old Yeller is hidden.
(d) Buzzards circling and diving above the spot where Old Yeller is hidden
3. Why can't Travis sleep on the night that Sanderson tells him about hydrophobia?
(a) Travis watches over Arliss and Mama.
(b) Travis stays awake praying for Papa to come home.
(c) Travis has nightmares about mad dogs and wolves.
(d) Travis stays awake watching for mad animals.
4. How does Travis hide Old Yeller while he runs home to get help?
(a) Travis pushes him into a cave.
(b) Travis digs a hole and places Old Yeller in it.
(c) Travis covers him with branches.
(d) Travis pushes him under an overhanging rock and covers the opening with a mesquite stump.
5. What game were Little Arliss and the puppy playing?
(a) They were playing ball.
(b) They were playing a wrestling game.
(c) They were playing fetch with a stick.
(d) They were playing tug with a frayed rope.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Little Arliss do while Travis is in bed?
2. What does Mama use as a poultice for Travis' wound?
3. What is the condition of Travis' wound by the time they arrive home?
4. What do Travis and Mama first think Spot ate?
5. When does Travis shoot the loafer wolf?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Travis plans to mark the remainder of his hogs.
2. Explain the first thing Mama and Travis see as they get closer to the spot where Travis hid Old Yeller.
3. Describe Travis' reaction when Lisbeth bring him a puppy as a gift.
4. Describe the condition of Travis and Old Yeller for the next few weeks.
5. Describe the circumstances that help Travis come out of his depression over Old Yeller.
6. Describe the condition of the roan bull who wanders around the cabin.
7. Describe the procedure Travis uses for marking the hogs.
8. Summarize what Mama must do while Travis is recuperating.
9. Describe what Mama does to treat Travis' wound.
10. Summarize how Old Yeller gets the wild hogs where Travis wants them to go.
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)