|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Travis excited about Papa bringing home for him?
(a) A Bowie knife.
(b) A new rifle.
(c) A horse.
(d) A new saddle.
2. How does Travis feel after he shoots his dog?
(a) He can't seem to get over it.
(b) He cries all the time.
(c) He gets on with his life.
(d) He sleeps for days.
3. How does Lisbeth feel about Travis' reaction to the puppy?
(a) She doesn't care.
(b) She tells him that he is rude.
(c) She slaps him.
(d) Her feelings are hurt.
4. What do Travis and Mama first think Spot ate?
(a) Prickly pears.
(b) Pea vine.
(c) Loco weed.
(d) Rotten sweet potatoes.
5. What does Little Arliss do while Travis is in bed?
(a) He lets Travis rest.
(b) He pesters Travis a dozen times a day.
(c) He helps Mama with the chores.
(d) He milks the cows.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Travis hide Old Yeller while he runs home to get help?
2. What does Travis do while Mama, Lisbeth, and Old Yeller go to burn Spot?
3. What does Old Yeller do while Mama stitches his wound?
4. What is the condition of Travis' wound by the time they arrive home?
5. What is Travis' reaction to Lisbeth helping Mama with the corn?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize the scene when the Spot heifer returns to the cabin.
2. Explain why Travis can't sleep the night Burn Sanderson leaves.
3. Describe Travis' reaction when Lisbeth bring him a puppy as a gift.
4. What decision does Mama and Travis make regarding the Spot heifer?
5. Summarize the actions of Travis when he realized that the roan bull has hydrophobia.
6. Explain what Bud Searcy does to help Mama with her chores.
7. Describe the battle that ensues between Old Yeller and the hogs.
8. Describe Travis' state of mind after he shoots Old Yeller.
9. Describe why Mama is afraid of their wild hogs.
10. Describe the procedure Travis uses for marking the hogs.
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)