|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Travis decide is a good place to shoot Spot?
(a) A dry, sandy wash.
(b) Near the river.
(c) The bottom of a gorge.
(d) A mud pool.
2. What lures wolves to the cabin?
(a) Mama cooking meat on the stove.
(b) The sounds of humans.
(c) The scent of blood from Old Yeller.
(d) The scent of dead meat.
3. How does Travis feel about his new horse?
(a) He hates it.
(b) He so excited that he forgets about Old Yeller.
(c) He doesn't care about it.
(d) He doesn't want it.
4. Why is Travis terrified when he sees Old Yeller fighting a mad loafer wolf?
(a) A loafer wolf is big and savage
(b) He is afraid the wolf will go after the puppy.
(c) He is afraid the wolf will go after Mama.
(d) He is afraid the wolf will turn on him.
5. What does Travis yell for Mama to bring him?
(a) His shoes.
(b) His gun.
(c) His bull whip.
(d) His jacket.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Travis glad that he missed a bunch of pigs back at bat cave country?
2. What animal comes into the yard staggering, grunting, and moaning?
3. When do Mama, Travis, and Little Arliss finally make it home with Old Yeller?
4. When do the hogs become the most vicious?
5. How many hogs are near the bat cave?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize what Mama must do while Travis is recuperating.
2. Describe what Mama does to treat Travis' wound.
3. Summarize how Travis and Mama get Old Yeller back to the cabin.
4. Explain what Bud Searcy does to help Mama with her chores.
5. Describe why Mama is afraid of their wild hogs.
6. Why is Travis worried when wakes up from his nap?
7. Describe how Travis plans to mark the remainder of his hogs.
8. Describe what Travis and Mama do with the bull.
9. Summarize the actions of Travis when he realized that the roan bull has hydrophobia.
10. Describe the procedure Travis uses for marking the hogs.
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)