|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lisbeth do while she stays with Travis and his family?
(a) She reads most of the time.
(b) She plays with the puppy all day.
(c) She plays with Arliss all day.
(d) She works hard.
2. What makes the hogs under Travis' limb go wild with anger.
(a) The squealing and scent of blood.
(b) Old Yeller nipping at their heals.
(c) The sight of Travis hovering above them.
(d) Old Yeller pushing them into a ring.
3. What game were Little Arliss and the puppy playing?
(a) They were playing fetch with a stick.
(b) They were playing tug with a frayed rope.
(c) They were playing a wrestling game.
(d) They were playing ball.
4. What does Mama use to give water to Old Yeller?
(a) Her purse.
(b) Travis' hat.
(c) A cowhide sack.
(d) Her hat.
5. What does Mama say when Travis gets home and tells her about Old Yeller?
(a) She tells Travis they can't go to Old Yeller until Travis' wound is cleaned up.
(b) She tells Travis that Old Yeller is probably dead already.
(c) She tells Travis that they will have to wait until the next day to go back to Old Yeller.
(d) She tells Travis that they will leave right away to go back to Old Yeller.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Travis when he falls into the killer hogs?
2. What does Old Yeller do when the wolves come around the cabin?
3. What does Papa compare training the mind to handle fear with?
4. What is Travis excited about Papa bringing home for him?
5. What does Papa bring home with him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize the scene when the Spot heifer returns to the cabin.
2. Describe the condition of Travis and Old Yeller for the next few weeks.
3. Describe Travis' state of mind after he shoots Old Yeller.
4. Describe how Travis plans to mark the remainder of his hogs.
5. Describe what Travis sees after he builds a small fire out of bear grass.
6. Describe the circumstances that help Travis come out of his depression over Old Yeller.
7. Summarize the actions of Travis when he realized that the roan bull has hydrophobia.
8. Describe why Mama is afraid of their wild hogs.
9. Describe Travis' condition when he returns home after dealing with the Spot heifer.
10. What does Mama tell Little Arliss to do while she is stitching Old Yeller's belly?
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)