|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many hogs are near the bat cave?
(a) Four pigs, one sow, and a couple of bar' hogs.
(b) Five pigs, three sows, and a couple of bar' hogs.
(c) Three pigs, two sows, and four bar' hogs.
(d) Five pigs, two sows, and one bar' hog.
2. What does Travis do while Mama, Lisbeth, and Old Yeller go to burn Spot?
(a) He stays at home with Little Arliss.
(b) He cooks supper for everyone.
(c) He reads a book to Arliss.
(d) He teaches Arliss how to shoot.
3. When does Travis become uneasy about why Mama and Lisbeth haven't returned home?
(a) At midnight.
(b) At suppertime.
(c) At daybreak.
(d) When darkness came.
4. How does Travis shoot Old Yeller?
(a) He calls Old Yeller to him and shoots the dog in the head.
(b) He shoots Old Yeller while the dog is eating his food.
(c) He shoots Old Yeller while the dog is sleeping.
(d) He shoots Old Yeller while the dog is looking the other way.
5. What does Mama use as a poultice for Travis' wound?
(a) Prickly-pear roots.
(b) Flour and vinegar.
(c) Turpentine and mud.
(d) Bear fat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the puppy look like that Lisbeth shows to Travis?
2. What does Old Yeller do when Travis reaches for him?
3. What does Travis do when he hears the sound of dogs fighting? T
4. How bad is the wound inflicted on Travis by the hogs?
5. What is the trouble that Travis thinks is too big for any of them to handle?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the battle that ensues between Old Yeller and the hogs.
2. Describe what Mama does to treat Travis' wound.
3. Describe why Mama is afraid of their wild hogs.
4. Describe what Lisbeth does while staying with Travis and his family.
5. Explain why Travis can't sleep the night Burn Sanderson leaves.
6. Describe the procedure Travis uses for marking the hogs.
7. Explain the first thing Mama and Travis see as they get closer to the spot where Travis hid Old Yeller.
8. Describe the condition of the roan bull who wanders around the cabin.
9. Summarize the scene when the Spot heifer returns to the cabin.
10. Summarize how Travis and Mama get Old Yeller back to the cabin.
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)