|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Travis think about Lisbeth staying with them?
(a) He thinks she will be no help and a bother.
(b) He thinks she will pester him all day.
(c) He thinks she will work hard.
(d) He thinks she will sit and cry all day.
2. What happens to Travis when he falls into the killer hogs?
(a) A bar' hog bites his foot.
(b) The pigs jump on top of him.
(c) A slashing tusk catches him in the calf of his right leg.
(d) A hog grabs him by his angle.
3. What did Travis see on the face of a cliff at Salt Branch that impressed him?
(a) A shape in the cliff that looked like a man.
(b) Cave men drawings.
(c) Sharp-winged swallows had build nests on the face of the cliff that looked like honeycombs.
(d) Holes left by meteors.
4. Why is Travis terrified when he sees Old Yeller fighting a mad loafer wolf?
(a) He is afraid the wolf will go after the puppy.
(b) He is afraid the wolf will go after Mama.
(c) A loafer wolf is big and savage
(d) He is afraid the wolf will turn on him.
5. What is the hog's favorite food?
(c) Wild black persimmons.
(d) A baby fawn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal comes into the yard staggering, grunting, and moaning?
2. What do Travis and Mama first think Spot ate?
3. What game were Little Arliss and the puppy playing?
4. How does Travis feel when Lisbeth and Little Arliss walk past his door?
5. How does Travis feel about marking the hogs?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe why Mama is afraid of their wild hogs.
2. What happens to Travis as he is marking the hogs?
3. Why is Travis worried when wakes up from his nap?
4. Describe how Travis plans to mark the remainder of his hogs.
5. Explain the first thing Mama and Travis see as they get closer to the spot where Travis hid Old Yeller.
6. Describe the procedure Travis uses for marking the hogs.
7. Describe what Travis sees after he builds a small fire out of bear grass.
8. Summarize how Travis and Mama get Old Yeller back to the cabin.
9. Describe what Travis and Mama do with the bull.
10. Describe what Mama does to treat Travis' wound.
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)