|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Travis see on the face of a cliff at Salt Branch that impressed him?
(a) Sharp-winged swallows had build nests on the face of the cliff that looked like honeycombs.
(b) Holes left by meteors.
(c) Cave men drawings.
(d) A shape in the cliff that looked like a man.
2. What does Lisbeth do while she stays with Travis and his family?
(a) She plays with the puppy all day.
(b) She plays with Arliss all day.
(c) She reads most of the time.
(d) She works hard.
3. What do Travis and Mama first think Spot ate?
(a) Pea vine.
(b) Rotten sweet potatoes.
(c) Prickly pears.
(d) Loco weed.
4. How does Lisbeth feel about Travis' reaction to the puppy?
(a) Her feelings are hurt.
(b) She tells him that he is rude.
(c) She slaps him.
(d) She doesn't care.
5. What lives in one of Travis' favorite places, down in a deep canyon which is bent in the shape of a horseshoe?
(a) Hundreds of snakes, laying their eggs.
(b) Hundreds of long-shanked herons.
(c) Hundreds of prairie dogs.
(d) Hundreds of sharp-winged swallows.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Travis think about Lisbeth staying with them?
2. What does Mama say about Lisbeth staying with her?
3. What is the trouble that Travis thinks is too big for any of them to handle?
4. How does Travis feel about his new horse?
5. What does Travis yell for Mama to bring him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe why Mama is afraid of their wild hogs.
2. Describe the condition of Travis and Old Yeller for the next few weeks.
3. Explain why Travis can't sleep the night Burn Sanderson leaves.
4. Why does Mama say that is was a good thing Old Yeller was there to save Mama and the others from the wolf, but not a good thing for Old Yeller?
5. Describe the procedure Travis uses for marking the hogs.
6. Summarize what Mama must do while Travis is recuperating.
7. Describe the condition of the roan bull who wanders around the cabin.
8. Describe what Travis and Mama do with the bull.
9. Describe what Mama does to treat Travis' wound.
10. Explain what Bud Searcy does to help Mama with her chores.
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)