|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mama use as a poultice for Travis' wound?
(a) Turpentine and mud.
(b) Bear fat.
(c) Prickly-pear roots.
(d) Flour and vinegar.
2. What did Travis see on the face of a cliff at Salt Branch that impressed him?
(a) Holes left by meteors.
(b) A shape in the cliff that looked like a man.
(c) Sharp-winged swallows had build nests on the face of the cliff that looked like honeycombs.
(d) Cave men drawings.
3. How much longer will Papa be away?
(a) Two more weeks.
(b) One week.
(c) Mama says anytime now.
(d) One more month.
4. How does Travis feel when Lisbeth and Little Arliss walk past his door?
(a) He is still mad at her.
(b) He feels sorry and mean for hurting her feelings.
(c) He wants her to go home.
(d) He wants to go out and yell at her some more.
5. What is the trouble that Travis thinks is too big for any of them to handle?
(a) The chickens have gone wild.
(b) There is a bear in the corn.
(c) The Spot heifer is injured.
(d) The Spot heifer comes home acting crazy and ignores her calf.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the hog's favorite food?
2. How bad is the wound inflicted on Travis by the hogs?
3. What are the marks that Travis makes on the hogs?
4. What lives in one of Travis' favorite places, down in a deep canyon which is bent in the shape of a horseshoe?
5. How does Travis hide Old Yeller while he runs home to get help?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)