|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mama sew up Old Yeller's wound?
(a) She uses a thread pulled from her dress.
(b) She uses a piece of rawhide.
(c) She brought her thread with her.
(d) She uses a hair from Jumper's tail.
2. What does Mama say when Travis gets home and tells her about Old Yeller?
(a) She tells Travis that they will have to wait until the next day to go back to Old Yeller.
(b) She tells Travis that they will leave right away to go back to Old Yeller.
(c) She tells Travis that Old Yeller is probably dead already.
(d) She tells Travis they can't go to Old Yeller until Travis' wound is cleaned up.
3. What animal comes into the yard staggering, grunting, and moaning?
(a) A coyote.
(b) A fox.
(c) A bull.
(d) A wolf.
4. Why does Travis keep a piece of ear from every marked pig hanging in the corn crib?
(a) He keeps the ears so he can get an accurate count of how many pigs there are.
(b) He keeps the ears to show Papa when he comes home.
(c) He keeps the ears to make a necklace.
(d) He keeps the ears as trophies.
5. How does Mama prevent Jumper from jumping into the corn field?
(a) She ties him to a tree.
(b) She ties his back legs together.
(c) She ties a chunk of wood to his forefoot.
(d) She ties a large stone to his back leg.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Travis feel when Lisbeth and Little Arliss walk past his door?
2. Why is Mama so upset that Jumper is eating the corn?
3. Why is Travis terrified when he sees Old Yeller fighting a mad loafer wolf?
4. What does Old Yeller do when Travis reaches for him?
5. What do Travis and Mama first think Spot ate?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize how Old Yeller gets the wild hogs where Travis wants them to go.
2. Why is Travis worried when wakes up from his nap?
3. Describe what Travis sees after he builds a small fire out of bear grass.
4. Summarize the scene when the Spot heifer returns to the cabin.
5. Describe the procedure Travis uses for marking the hogs.
6. Describe why Mama is afraid of their wild hogs.
7. What decision does Mama and Travis make regarding the Spot heifer?
8. Describe Travis' state of mind after he shoots Old Yeller.
9. Explain why Travis and Old Yeller head out to bat cave country.
10. Summarize the actions of Travis when he realized that the roan bull has hydrophobia.
This section contains 976 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)