|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Travis see Mama, Little Arliss, and Lisbeth doing after they gather the corn?
(a) They are complaining about the corn shucks.
(b) They are laughing and having a good time.
(c) They are grumpy.
(d) They are scratching their skin.
2. What is the condition of Travis' wound by the time they arrive home?
(a) It is stiff, swollen, and numb.
(b) It feels a lot better.
(c) It is swollen but not stiff.
(d) It is stiff but the swelling is down.
3. Why is Travis glad that he missed a bunch of pigs back at bat cave country?
(a) He gets to hunt pigs rather than gather corn.
(b) He gets to spend time away from Little Arliss.
(c) Lisbeth will be impressed with his bravery.
(d) It teaches him to be more of a man.
4. What does Old Yeller do while Mama stitches his wound?
(a) He passes out.
(b) He thrashes about and Travis has to hold him down.
(c) He growls and bares his teeth.
(d) He just lays there and licks Travis' hand.
5. What does Travis do to the hydrophobia stricken animal?
(a) He shoots it between the eyes.
(b) He pushes it into a ravine.
(c) He cuts its throat.
(d) He drags it to the river.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many hogs are near the bat cave?
2. What does Papa bring home with him?
3. How does Old Yeller save Travis from the hogs?
4. What does Little Arliss do to help get Old Yeller home?
5. Why can't Travis sleep on the night that Sanderson tells him about hydrophobia?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize how Old Yeller gets the wild hogs where Travis wants them to go.
2. Summarize how Travis and Mama get Old Yeller back to the cabin.
3. Describe why Mama is afraid of their wild hogs.
4. Describe the condition of the roan bull who wanders around the cabin.
5. Describe the procedure Travis uses for marking the hogs.
6. Why does Mama say that is was a good thing Old Yeller was there to save Mama and the others from the wolf, but not a good thing for Old Yeller?
7. What happens to Travis as he is marking the hogs?
8. Summarize the actions of Travis when he realized that the roan bull has hydrophobia.
9. Describe what Lisbeth does while staying with Travis and his family.
10. Describe Travis' state of mind after he shoots Old Yeller.
This section contains 933 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)