|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much longer will Papa be away?
(a) Two more weeks.
(b) One week.
(c) One more month.
(d) Mama says anytime now.
2. What does Mama say when Travis gets home and tells her about Old Yeller?
(a) She tells Travis that Old Yeller is probably dead already.
(b) She tells Travis that they will have to wait until the next day to go back to Old Yeller.
(c) She tells Travis they can't go to Old Yeller until Travis' wound is cleaned up.
(d) She tells Travis that they will leave right away to go back to Old Yeller.
3. How does Travis feel after he shoots his dog?
(a) He cries all the time.
(b) He can't seem to get over it.
(c) He gets on with his life.
(d) He sleeps for days.
4. Why is Travis glad that he missed a bunch of pigs back at bat cave country?
(a) Lisbeth will be impressed with his bravery.
(b) It teaches him to be more of a man.
(c) He gets to spend time away from Little Arliss.
(d) He gets to hunt pigs rather than gather corn.
5. How does Mama sew up Old Yeller's wound?
(a) She uses a hair from Jumper's tail.
(b) She uses a piece of rawhide.
(c) She uses a thread pulled from her dress.
(d) She brought her thread with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Old Yeller do when the wolves come around the cabin?
2. What happens to Travis when he falls into the killer hogs?
3. Why does Bud Searcy leave Lisbeth behind with Mama?
4. What do Travis and Mama first think Spot ate?
5. Where does Travis' family keep their hogs and cattle?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize the actions of Travis when he realized that the roan bull has hydrophobia.
2. Describe Travis' state of mind after he shoots Old Yeller.
3. Describe how Travis plans to mark the remainder of his hogs.
4. Summarize what Mama must do while Travis is recuperating.
5. Explain why Travis and Old Yeller head out to bat cave country.
6. Describe the procedure Travis uses for marking the hogs.
7. Describe what Travis sees after he builds a small fire out of bear grass.
8. What happens to Travis as he is marking the hogs?
9. Summarize how Travis and Mama get Old Yeller back to the cabin.
10. Describe the circumstances that help Travis come out of his depression over Old Yeller.
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)