|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Travis do while Mama, Lisbeth, and Old Yeller go to burn Spot?
(a) He teaches Arliss how to shoot.
(b) He reads a book to Arliss.
(c) He stays at home with Little Arliss.
(d) He cooks supper for everyone.
2. What does Travis decide is a good place to shoot Spot?
(a) Near the river.
(b) A dry, sandy wash.
(c) The bottom of a gorge.
(d) A mud pool.
3. What does Mama use as a poultice for Travis' wound?
(a) Prickly-pear roots.
(b) Turpentine and mud.
(c) Flour and vinegar.
(d) Bear fat.
4. What does Mama say about Lisbeth staying with her?
(a) She thinks Lisbeth is too young to be away from home.
(b) She thinks Lisbeth won't be any help.
(c) She says that Lisbeth can milk the cows.
(d) She says Lisbeth can sleep in the dog run.
5. What is the hog's favorite food?
(a) Wild black persimmons.
(c) A baby fawn.
Short Answer Questions
1. How bad is the wound inflicted on Travis by the hogs?
2. When does Travis become uneasy about why Mama and Lisbeth haven't returned home?
3. What happens that makes Travis feel better for the first time since Old Yeller's death?
4. What do Travis and Mama first think Spot ate?
5. What lives in one of Travis' favorite places, down in a deep canyon which is bent in the shape of a horseshoe?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)