Final Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mama so upset that Jumper is eating the corn?
(a) They won't have any corn meal for bread in the winter.
(b) The corn is for the sheep.
(c) They need the corn to eat until winter comes.
(d) They need the corn to feed the cows.
2. How bad is the wound inflicted on Travis by the hogs?
(a) It is only a scratch.
(b) He is cut to the bone.
(c) It is long but not too deep.
(d) It is a clean gash but not bleeding much.
3. What makes the hogs under Travis' limb go wild with anger.
(a) The squealing and scent of blood.
(b) Old Yeller nipping at their heals.
(c) Old Yeller pushing them into a ring.
(d) The sight of Travis hovering above them.
4. Why is Travis angry that Bud Searcy comes to visit?
(a) He is a bother to Mama.
(b) He always yells at Little Arliss.
(c) He tries to get on Mama's good side while Papa is away.
(d) He always insults Old Yeller.
5. Why is Travis sickened when he looks at Spot?
(a) She is starving and looks like a skeleton.
(b) She is vomiting constantly.
(c) He knows that he has to shoot her.
(d) He sees that a wound on her side is covered in maggots.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Papa bring home with him?
2. What does Mama tell Little Arliss to do as she is about to remove Old Yeller's bandage?
3. What does Travis see that makes him think Old Yeller is dead?
4. What does Travis see Mama, Little Arliss, and Lisbeth doing after they gather the corn?
5. What does Travis do to the hydrophobia stricken animal?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)