|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mama so upset that Jumper is eating the corn?
(a) They won't have any corn meal for bread in the winter.
(b) They need the corn to eat until winter comes.
(c) They need the corn to feed the cows.
(d) The corn is for the sheep.
2. How bad is the wound inflicted on Travis by the hogs?
(a) It is long but not too deep.
(b) He is cut to the bone.
(c) It is a clean gash but not bleeding much.
(d) It is only a scratch.
3. How does Travis shoot Old Yeller?
(a) He shoots Old Yeller while the dog is eating his food.
(b) He shoots Old Yeller while the dog is looking the other way.
(c) He calls Old Yeller to him and shoots the dog in the head.
(d) He shoots Old Yeller while the dog is sleeping.
4. What does Travis see that makes him think Old Yeller is dead?
(a) Flies are hovering over the spot where Old Yeller is hidden.
(b) He sees a large puddle of blood around the spot where Old Yeller is hidden.
(c) He sees a sees a hog sniffing around the spot where Old Yeller is hidden.
(d) Buzzards circling and diving above the spot where Old Yeller is hidden
5. What does Travis think about Lisbeth staying with them?
(a) He thinks she will sit and cry all day.
(b) He thinks she will work hard.
(c) He thinks she will be no help and a bother.
(d) He thinks she will pester him all day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What lives in one of Travis' favorite places, down in a deep canyon which is bent in the shape of a horseshoe?
2. How does Travis feel after he shoots his dog?
3. What makes the hogs under Travis' limb go wild with anger.
4. How does Mama clean Travis' wound?
5. What does Travis do while Mama, Lisbeth, and Old Yeller go to burn Spot?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize what Mama must do while Travis is recuperating.
2. Describe Travis' condition when he returns home after dealing with the Spot heifer.
3. Summarize how Travis and Mama get Old Yeller back to the cabin.
4. Describe what Travis and Mama do with the bull.
5. Describe how Travis plans to mark the remainder of his hogs.
6. Describe Travis' reaction when Lisbeth bring him a puppy as a gift.
7. Describe why Mama is afraid of their wild hogs.
8. Describe the battle that ensues between Old Yeller and the hogs.
9. Explain what Bud Searcy does to help Mama with her chores.
10. Describe Travis' state of mind after he shoots Old Yeller.
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)