|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Mama want the buzzards to eat the dead animal?
(a) The meat will be good for Old Yeller and the puppy.
(b) They can eat the meat themselves.
(c) The meat will be good for the hogs.
(d) It might spread the disease.
2. Why is Mama so upset that Jumper is eating the corn?
(a) The corn is for the sheep.
(b) They need the corn to eat until winter comes.
(c) They won't have any corn meal for bread in the winter.
(d) They need the corn to feed the cows.
3. How bad is the wound inflicted on Travis by the hogs?
(a) He is cut to the bone.
(b) It is long but not too deep.
(c) It is a clean gash but not bleeding much.
(d) It is only a scratch.
4. What will the hogs do if they catch up to someone?
(a) They will kill their pursuer.
(b) They will turn and walk away.
(c) They will back away slowly.
(d) They will shake their tusks but then run off.
5. What animal comes into the yard staggering, grunting, and moaning?
(a) A wolf.
(b) A fox.
(c) A bull.
(d) A coyote.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Travis' family keep their hogs and cattle?
2. What do the hogs do if a blizzard is on the way?
3. What does the puppy look like that Lisbeth shows to Travis?
4. How does Travis know that he is near the hogs?
5. What are the marks that Travis makes on the hogs?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the condition of Travis and Old Yeller for the next few weeks.
2. What happens to Travis as he is marking the hogs?
3. Summarize how Travis and Mama get Old Yeller back to the cabin.
4. What does Mama tell Little Arliss to do while she is stitching Old Yeller's belly?
5. Describe what Lisbeth does while staying with Travis and his family.
6. Explain why Travis and Old Yeller head out to bat cave country.
7. Summarize what Mama must do while Travis is recuperating.
8. Describe the procedure Travis uses for marking the hogs.
9. Explain what Bud Searcy does to help Mama with her chores.
10. Summarize the scene when the Spot heifer returns to the cabin.
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)