|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Travis decide is a good place to shoot Spot?
(a) The bottom of a gorge.
(b) A mud pool.
(c) Near the river.
(d) A dry, sandy wash.
2. What animal comes into the yard staggering, grunting, and moaning?
(a) A bull.
(b) A wolf.
(c) A fox.
(d) A coyote.
3. What lures wolves to the cabin?
(a) The scent of blood from Old Yeller.
(b) Mama cooking meat on the stove.
(c) The sounds of humans.
(d) The scent of dead meat.
4. What fills Travis with terror when he goes back to find Old Yeller?
(a) Old Yeller's belly is split open and his insides are bulging out.
(b) Old Yeller's leg is broken.
(c) Old Yeller is unconscious.
(d) Old Yeller's ear is bitten off.
5. What does Little Arliss do to help get Old Yeller home?
(a) He helps drag the cowhide that Old Yeller is resting on.
(b) He leads Jumper while Old Yeller is pulled behind the mule.
(c) He rides on the cowhide with the dog and holds Old Yeller's head in his lap.
(d) He rides on Jumper and holds Old Yeller in his lap.
Short Answer Questions
1. What condition is Travis in when he returns home after shooting Spot?
2. What is the condition of Travis' wound by the time they arrive home?
3. What type of hog hangs out with the sows to protect them?
4. What happens to Travis when he falls into the killer hogs?
5. What does the puppy look like that Lisbeth shows to Travis?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the condition of Travis and Old Yeller for the next few weeks.
2. Explain why Travis and Old Yeller head out to bat cave country.
3. What decision does Mama and Travis make regarding the Spot heifer?
4. Describe the battle that ensues between Old Yeller and the hogs.
5. Summarize what Mama must do while Travis is recuperating.
6. Summarize the actions of Travis when he realized that the roan bull has hydrophobia.
7. Summarize how Travis and Mama get Old Yeller back to the cabin.
8. Describe Travis' reaction when Lisbeth bring him a puppy as a gift.
9. Summarize how Old Yeller gets the wild hogs where Travis wants them to go.
10. Describe the condition of the roan bull who wanders around the cabin.
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)