|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Travis decide is a good place to shoot Spot?
(a) A mud pool.
(b) Near the river.
(c) The bottom of a gorge.
(d) A dry, sandy wash.
2. How many hogs are near the bat cave?
(a) Five pigs, three sows, and a couple of bar' hogs.
(b) Five pigs, two sows, and one bar' hog.
(c) Three pigs, two sows, and four bar' hogs.
(d) Four pigs, one sow, and a couple of bar' hogs.
3. Why does Travis hate gathering corn?
(a) It is boring work.
(b) It is hot work and the corn shucks sting and makes the skin itch.
(c) It is woman's work.
(d) It is a child's job.
4. How does Travis propose getting Old Yeller home?
(a) Travis says they can put Old Yeller in a cart.
(b) Travis says that Mama can hold Old Yeller while riding on Jumper.
(c) Travis says that he will hold Old Yeller while riding on Jumper.
(d) Travis says that they can drag Old Yeller in a blanket.
5. What does Mama tell Little Arliss to do as she is about to remove Old Yeller's bandage?
(a) She tells Arliss to go play at the river.
(b) She tells Arliss to catch her a big frog for dinner.
(c) She tells Arliss to go catch her a green-striped lizard.
(d) She tells Arliss to wait over by Jumper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Papa bring home with him?
2. How do the pigs react when Old Yeller and Travis find them?
3. How bad is the wound inflicted on Travis by the hogs?
4. What will the hogs do if they catch up to someone?
5. What type of hog hangs out with the sows to protect them?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize the scene when the Spot heifer returns to the cabin.
2. Describe the condition of Travis and Old Yeller for the next few weeks.
3. Describe Travis' condition when he returns home after dealing with the Spot heifer.
4. Describe what Lisbeth does while staying with Travis and his family.
5. Describe Travis' reaction when Lisbeth bring him a puppy as a gift.
6. Describe what Mama does to treat Travis' wound.
7. Describe the procedure Travis uses for marking the hogs.
8. Describe Travis' state of mind after he shoots Old Yeller.
9. Explain what Bud Searcy does to help Mama with her chores.
10. Summarize how Old Yeller gets the wild hogs where Travis wants them to go.
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)