|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Travis see on the face of a cliff at Salt Branch that impressed him?
(a) Sharp-winged swallows had build nests on the face of the cliff that looked like honeycombs.
(b) Holes left by meteors.
(c) A shape in the cliff that looked like a man.
(d) Cave men drawings.
2. What does Lisbeth do while she stays with Travis and his family?
(a) She plays with Arliss all day.
(b) She works hard.
(c) She plays with the puppy all day.
(d) She reads most of the time.
3. How does Mama sew up Old Yeller's wound?
(a) She uses a hair from Jumper's tail.
(b) She brought her thread with her.
(c) She uses a thread pulled from her dress.
(d) She uses a piece of rawhide.
4. What does Mama say about Lisbeth staying with her?
(a) She says Lisbeth can sleep in the dog run.
(b) She thinks Lisbeth is too young to be away from home.
(c) She says that Lisbeth can milk the cows.
(d) She thinks Lisbeth won't be any help.
5. What makes the hogs under Travis' limb go wild with anger.
(a) Old Yeller nipping at their heals.
(b) The squealing and scent of blood.
(c) The sight of Travis hovering above them.
(d) Old Yeller pushing them into a ring.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Travis sickened when he looks at Spot?
2. How do the pigs react when Old Yeller and Travis find them?
3. What condition is Travis in when he returns home after shooting Spot?
4. What does Mama use as a poultice for Travis' wound?
5. What is Travis' reaction to Lisbeth helping Mama with the corn?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what Travis sees after he builds a small fire out of bear grass.
2. Describe Travis' reaction when Lisbeth bring him a puppy as a gift.
3. Explain what Bud Searcy does to help Mama with her chores.
4. Describe what Travis and Mama do with the bull.
5. Why does Mama say that is was a good thing Old Yeller was there to save Mama and the others from the wolf, but not a good thing for Old Yeller?
6. Explain why Travis can't sleep the night Burn Sanderson leaves.
7. Summarize how Travis and Mama get Old Yeller back to the cabin.
8. Describe the procedure Travis uses for marking the hogs.
9. Describe the circumstances that help Travis come out of his depression over Old Yeller.
10. Describe Travis' condition when he returns home after dealing with the Spot heifer.
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)