|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Mama want the buzzards to eat the dead animal?
(a) The meat will be good for the hogs.
(b) They can eat the meat themselves.
(c) It might spread the disease.
(d) The meat will be good for Old Yeller and the puppy.
2. What does Mama use as a poultice for Travis' wound?
(a) Prickly-pear roots.
(b) Turpentine and mud.
(c) Flour and vinegar.
(d) Bear fat.
3. When do the hogs become the most vicious?
(a) When they are two years old.
(b) When they get old.
(c) When cornered.
(d) When being chased.
4. Why does Bud Searcy leave Lisbeth behind with Mama?
(a) He leaves her because she isn't much help to him.
(b) He leaves her because she is annoying him.
(c) He leaves her to take care of Old Yeller.
(d) He leaves her to help Mama while Travis is recuperating.
5. What is Travis excited about Papa bringing home for him?
(a) A new saddle.
(b) A Bowie knife.
(c) A horse.
(d) A new rifle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Travis terrified when he sees Old Yeller fighting a mad loafer wolf?
2. How does Travis propose getting Old Yeller home?
3. What does Travis do to the hydrophobia stricken animal?
4. What does Travis do when he hears the sound of dogs fighting? T
5. When does Travis become uneasy about why Mama and Lisbeth haven't returned home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What decision does Mama and Travis make regarding the Spot heifer?
2. Describe what Lisbeth does while staying with Travis and his family.
3. Describe Travis' reaction when Lisbeth bring him a puppy as a gift.
4. Describe the condition of Travis and Old Yeller for the next few weeks.
5. What happens to Travis as he is marking the hogs?
6. Describe Travis' state of mind after he shoots Old Yeller.
7. Explain why Travis can't sleep the night Burn Sanderson leaves.
8. Describe the condition of the roan bull who wanders around the cabin.
9. Describe the battle that ensues between Old Yeller and the hogs.
10. Explain why Travis and Old Yeller head out to bat cave country.
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)