|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Old Yeller save Travis from the hogs?
(a) The hogs back away from the snarls of Old Yeller.
(b) He goes after them in a roaring rage.
(c) He drags Travis away from the hogs.
(d) He chases the hogs away from Travis.
2. What condition is Travis in when he returns home after shooting Spot?
(a) He feels stronger than he has in a long time.
(b) He is angry that Spot got hydrophobia.
(c) He is weak, sweating, and trembling.
(d) He is sad and upset.
3. What does Mama tell Little Arliss to do as she is about to remove Old Yeller's bandage?
(a) She tells Arliss to go play at the river.
(b) She tells Arliss to catch her a big frog for dinner.
(c) She tells Arliss to wait over by Jumper.
(d) She tells Arliss to go catch her a green-striped lizard.
4. Why does Bud Searcy leave Lisbeth behind with Mama?
(a) He leaves her to take care of Old Yeller.
(b) He leaves her to help Mama while Travis is recuperating.
(c) He leaves her because she is annoying him.
(d) He leaves her because she isn't much help to him.
5. What does Travis have to do to the hogs to be able to tell them apart from the neighbor's hogs?
(a) He brands them.
(b) He tattoos their ears.
(c) He has to catch them and mark them.
(d) He cuts their tails.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Old Yeller do when Travis reaches for him?
2. Why is Travis terrified when he sees Old Yeller fighting a mad loafer wolf?
3. How do the pigs react when Old Yeller and Travis find them?
4. What do Mama and Travis do when Jumper is unable to move the dead animal?
5. What happens to Travis when he falls into the killer hogs?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize the scene when the Spot heifer returns to the cabin.
2. Describe the battle that ensues between Old Yeller and the hogs.
3. Describe why Mama is afraid of their wild hogs.
4. Describe the procedure Travis uses for marking the hogs.
5. Explain why Travis and Old Yeller head out to bat cave country.
6. Why does Mama say that is was a good thing Old Yeller was there to save Mama and the others from the wolf, but not a good thing for Old Yeller?
7. Describe what Travis sees after he builds a small fire out of bear grass.
8. Describe what Travis and Mama do with the bull.
9. Describe Travis' state of mind after he shoots Old Yeller.
10. What decision does Mama and Travis make regarding the Spot heifer?
This section contains 980 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)