|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Travis angry that Bud Searcy comes to visit?
(a) He always insults Old Yeller.
(b) He is a bother to Mama.
(c) He tries to get on Mama's good side while Papa is away.
(d) He always yells at Little Arliss.
2. Why doesn't Mama want the buzzards to eat the dead animal?
(a) It might spread the disease.
(b) They can eat the meat themselves.
(c) The meat will be good for Old Yeller and the puppy.
(d) The meat will be good for the hogs.
3. Why can't Travis sleep on the night that Sanderson tells him about hydrophobia?
(a) Travis stays awake watching for mad animals.
(b) Travis has nightmares about mad dogs and wolves.
(c) Travis watches over Arliss and Mama.
(d) Travis stays awake praying for Papa to come home.
4. Why does Bud Searcy leave Lisbeth behind with Mama?
(a) He leaves her because she is annoying him.
(b) He leaves her to take care of Old Yeller.
(c) He leaves her because she isn't much help to him.
(d) He leaves her to help Mama while Travis is recuperating.
5. What does Papa compare training the mind to handle fear with?
(a) Training the mouth to whistle.
(b) Training a foot to kick a stone.
(c) Training the eye to wink.
(d) Training an arm to throw a rock.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mama use to give water to Old Yeller?
2. What does Travis do while Mama, Lisbeth, and Old Yeller go to burn Spot?
3. How does Travis shoot Old Yeller?
4. How does Mama clean Travis' wound?
5. Why is Travis glad that he missed a bunch of pigs back at bat cave country?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe why Mama is afraid of their wild hogs.
2. Summarize what Mama must do while Travis is recuperating.
3. Describe Travis' condition when he returns home after dealing with the Spot heifer.
4. Summarize how Travis and Mama get Old Yeller back to the cabin.
5. Describe the procedure Travis uses for marking the hogs.
6. Describe Travis' state of mind after he shoots Old Yeller.
7. Explain why Travis and Old Yeller head out to bat cave country.
8. Summarize the scene when the Spot heifer returns to the cabin.
9. What decision does Mama and Travis make regarding the Spot heifer?
10. What happens to Travis as he is marking the hogs?
This section contains 967 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)