|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Travis feel after he shoots his dog?
(a) He cries all the time.
(b) He sleeps for days.
(c) He can't seem to get over it.
(d) He gets on with his life.
2. What does Old Yeller do while Mama stitches his wound?
(a) He passes out.
(b) He just lays there and licks Travis' hand.
(c) He thrashes about and Travis has to hold him down.
(d) He growls and bares his teeth.
3. How does Travis propose getting Old Yeller home?
(a) Travis says that Mama can hold Old Yeller while riding on Jumper.
(b) Travis says that they can drag Old Yeller in a blanket.
(c) Travis says they can put Old Yeller in a cart.
(d) Travis says that he will hold Old Yeller while riding on Jumper.
4. What lives in one of Travis' favorite places, down in a deep canyon which is bent in the shape of a horseshoe?
(a) Hundreds of snakes, laying their eggs.
(b) Hundreds of prairie dogs.
(c) Hundreds of sharp-winged swallows.
(d) Hundreds of long-shanked herons.
5. What does Old Yeller do when Travis reaches for him?
(a) Old Yeller whimpers in pain.
(b) Old Yeller lunges at him with bared fangs.
(c) Old Yeller loses consciousness.
(d) Old Yeller licks his hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Travis think about Lisbeth staying with them?
2. How does Travis know that he is near the hogs?
3. What does Papa tell Travis about what he had to do to Old Yeller?
4. What game were Little Arliss and the puppy playing?
5. What happens that makes Travis feel better for the first time since Old Yeller's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the condition of Travis and Old Yeller for the next few weeks.
2. Describe Travis' condition when he returns home after dealing with the Spot heifer.
3. Why does Mama say that is was a good thing Old Yeller was there to save Mama and the others from the wolf, but not a good thing for Old Yeller?
4. Describe how Travis plans to mark the remainder of his hogs.
5. What decision does Mama and Travis make regarding the Spot heifer?
6. Describe why Mama is afraid of their wild hogs.
7. What happens to Travis as he is marking the hogs?
8. What does Mama tell Little Arliss to do while she is stitching Old Yeller's belly?
9. Describe what Mama does to treat Travis' wound.
10. Describe what Lisbeth does while staying with Travis and his family.
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)