|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many hogs are near the bat cave?
(a) Five pigs, two sows, and one bar' hog.
(b) Four pigs, one sow, and a couple of bar' hogs.
(c) Five pigs, three sows, and a couple of bar' hogs.
(d) Three pigs, two sows, and four bar' hogs.
2. What does Travis think about Lisbeth staying with them?
(a) He thinks she will work hard.
(b) He thinks she will pester him all day.
(c) He thinks she will sit and cry all day.
(d) He thinks she will be no help and a bother.
3. Why is Travis glad that he missed a bunch of pigs back at bat cave country?
(a) He gets to hunt pigs rather than gather corn.
(b) Lisbeth will be impressed with his bravery.
(c) He gets to spend time away from Little Arliss.
(d) It teaches him to be more of a man.
4. What does Travis see that makes him think Old Yeller is dead?
(a) He sees a large puddle of blood around the spot where Old Yeller is hidden.
(b) Buzzards circling and diving above the spot where Old Yeller is hidden
(c) He sees a sees a hog sniffing around the spot where Old Yeller is hidden.
(d) Flies are hovering over the spot where Old Yeller is hidden.
5. How does Travis feel about his new horse?
(a) He doesn't care about it.
(b) He doesn't want it.
(c) He so excited that he forgets about Old Yeller.
(d) He hates it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Little Arliss do while Travis is in bed?
2. How does Old Yeller get into the fight with the loafer wolf?
3. What does Travis have to do to the hogs to be able to tell them apart from the neighbor's hogs?
4. How does Travis feel when Lisbeth and Little Arliss walk past his door?
5. Why is Mama so upset that Jumper is eating the corn?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Travis worried when wakes up from his nap?
2. Summarize how Old Yeller gets the wild hogs where Travis wants them to go.
3. Summarize the scene when the Spot heifer returns to the cabin.
4. Describe Travis' condition when he returns home after dealing with the Spot heifer.
5. Describe how Travis plans to mark the remainder of his hogs.
6. Describe Travis' reaction when Lisbeth bring him a puppy as a gift.
7. Describe what Lisbeth does while staying with Travis and his family.
8. Describe what Travis and Mama do with the bull.
9. Describe the procedure Travis uses for marking the hogs.
10. Describe what Travis sees after he builds a small fire out of bear grass.
This section contains 943 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)