|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Mama and Travis do when Jumper is unable to move the dead animal?
(a) They burn it where it lays.
(b) They pour turpentine over it, hoping to kill the disease.
(c) They bury it on the spot it was killed.
(d) They cover it with a pile of stones.
2. How does Travis feel about his new horse?
(a) He doesn't care about it.
(b) He so excited that he forgets about Old Yeller.
(c) He doesn't want it.
(d) He hates it.
3. When does Travis shoot the loafer wolf?
(a) He shoots the wolf when it backs away from Old Yeller.
(b) He shoots the wolf when it leaps at him.
(c) He shoots the wolf when it is pinned by Old Yeller.
(d) He shoots the wolf when it is on top of Old Yeller.
4. How does Travis feel when Lisbeth and Little Arliss walk past his door?
(a) He feels sorry and mean for hurting her feelings.
(b) He is still mad at her.
(c) He wants to go out and yell at her some more.
(d) He wants her to go home.
5. What is the condition of Travis' wound by the time they arrive home?
(a) It is stiff, swollen, and numb.
(b) It is stiff but the swelling is down.
(c) It is swollen but not stiff.
(d) It feels a lot better.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Travis do to the hydrophobia stricken animal?
2. How does Travis feel after he shoots his dog?
3. What fills Travis with terror when he goes back to find Old Yeller?
4. What does Travis have to do to the hogs to be able to tell them apart from the neighbor's hogs?
5. What did Travis see on the face of a cliff at Salt Branch that impressed him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Travis' reaction when Lisbeth bring him a puppy as a gift.
2. Summarize how Old Yeller gets the wild hogs where Travis wants them to go.
3. Explain why Travis can't sleep the night Burn Sanderson leaves.
4. Summarize the scene when the Spot heifer returns to the cabin.
5. Summarize what Mama must do while Travis is recuperating.
6. Describe what Travis sees after he builds a small fire out of bear grass.
7. Describe the condition of Travis and Old Yeller for the next few weeks.
8. Describe the battle that ensues between Old Yeller and the hogs.
9. Explain the first thing Mama and Travis see as they get closer to the spot where Travis hid Old Yeller.
10. Describe what Lisbeth does while staying with Travis and his family.
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)