|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mama decide that the Spot heifer must be killed?
(a) It is no good for milking.
(b) It will provide them with enough meat for the winter.
(c) Old Yeller needs the meat to get well.
(d) It has hydrophobia.
2. What do Mama and Travis do when Jumper is unable to move the dead animal?
(a) They bury it on the spot it was killed.
(b) They burn it where it lays.
(c) They pour turpentine over it, hoping to kill the disease.
(d) They cover it with a pile of stones.
3. Why is Travis glad that he missed a bunch of pigs back at bat cave country?
(a) He gets to hunt pigs rather than gather corn.
(b) It teaches him to be more of a man.
(c) Lisbeth will be impressed with his bravery.
(d) He gets to spend time away from Little Arliss.
4. What prevents the animal sick with hydrophobia from getting Mama?
(a) It runs into a tree.
(b) It falls to its knees.
(c) It falls in a hole.
(d) It goes after Old Yeller instead.
5. How much longer will Papa be away?
(a) Mama says anytime now.
(b) Two more weeks.
(c) One more month.
(d) One week.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Travis when he falls into the killer hogs?
2. How does Old Yeller get into the fight with the loafer wolf?
3. When does Travis shoot the loafer wolf?
4. What does Travis think about Lisbeth staying with them?
5. What does Mama say when Travis gets home and tells her about Old Yeller?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)