|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lisbeth tell Travis about the puppy she gave him?
(a) The puppy will make a great cow dog.
(b) Travis will grow to love the puppy.
(c) Old Yeller is the puppy's father.
(d) The puppy will be as good as Old Yeller.
2. What is the hog's favorite food?
(b) Wild black persimmons.
(c) A baby fawn.
3. How does Travis feel when Lisbeth and Little Arliss walk past his door?
(a) He wants to go out and yell at her some more.
(b) He is still mad at her.
(c) He wants her to go home.
(d) He feels sorry and mean for hurting her feelings.
4. How does Travis shoot Old Yeller?
(a) He shoots Old Yeller while the dog is looking the other way.
(b) He calls Old Yeller to him and shoots the dog in the head.
(c) He shoots Old Yeller while the dog is sleeping.
(d) He shoots Old Yeller while the dog is eating his food.
5. How does Travis propose getting Old Yeller home?
(a) Travis says they can put Old Yeller in a cart.
(b) Travis says that he will hold Old Yeller while riding on Jumper.
(c) Travis says that Mama can hold Old Yeller while riding on Jumper.
(d) Travis says that they can drag Old Yeller in a blanket.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mama use to give water to Old Yeller?
2. When do Mama, Travis, and Little Arliss finally make it home with Old Yeller?
3. Where does Travis' family keep their hogs and cattle?
4. What animal comes into the yard staggering, grunting, and moaning?
5. How does Travis feel about his new horse?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)