|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disease does Bud Searcy hope does not spread throughout the settlement before the men get back?
(b) Small Pox.
2. What does Mama say about Old Yeller?
(a) She says that the dog needs some food.
(b) She says that the dog is sick.
(c) She says that the dog can stay.
(d) She says that the dog has to go.
3. What does Mama ask Travis to do after he milks the cows?
(a) Feed the dog.
(b) Get Little Arliss ready for bed.
(c) Kill a doe for meat.
(d) Read the Bible.
4. Why had Papa cleared out all the brush and trees from around the cabin?
(a) He cleared the brush so Mama could plant roses.
(b) He cleared the brush in case of a fire.
(c) He cleared the brush to get a clear shot at Comanches and Apaches.
(d) He cleared the brush to cut down on the bugs.
5. How does Travis finally shoot the turkey that he wounded in the pea garden?
(a) Little Arliss throws a stone at the turkey, knocking it down and Travis shoots it.
(b) The turkey runs in circles in the peas and Travis shoots it.
(c) The turkey is slow because it is wounded and Travis is able to shoot it.
(d) Old Yeller tracks down the turkey and trees it, so Travis can shoot it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What changes Travis' mind about keeping the yeller dog as he rides to the cabin?
2. What do the Mexicans call a bull with a horn that hangs down past his jaw?
3. Why doesn't Travis want to shoot at a running deer?
4. How does Travis react to the news about hydrophobia?
5. How does Travis react to the pending bull fight?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize the fight between the two bulls.
2. Describe the situation that Travis sees when he hears Little Arliss screaming and runs to help him.
3. Describe how Travis treats Old Yeller after the dog saves Little Arliss.
4. What is Burn Sanderson's offer regarding Old Yeller and why doesn't Mama accept it?
5. Describe Old Yeller's appearance.
6. Why do Travis and Old Yeller sleep in the corn patch?
7. Describe the situation when Travis finds Spot and her new calf.
8. What does Tavis do when the bulls start fighting near the cabin?
9. Summarize the warning the Burn Sanderson gives to Travis before he rides off.
10. Summarize the time Travis meets Old Yeller for the first time.
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)