|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Bud Searcy left behind when all the men drive the cattle to Abilene?
(a) He has only one arm.
(b) He doesn't have a horse.
(c) He is shiftless.
(d) He is blind.
2. What does Travis decide to do about Old Yeller?
(a) Find a way to get rid of him.
(b) Make friends with him.
(c) Obedience train him.
(d) Teach him to hunt.
3. Why is it hard for a dog to fight with a boar coon?
(a) The boar coon usually hides in thorn bushes.
(b) The boar coon is smarter than any dog.
(c) The boar coon fights with the courage of an animal five times its size.
(d) The boar coon is fast and agile.
4. When does Travis realize how badly he needs a dog?
(a) When he and Old Yeller are hunting together.
(b) When Old Yeller licks him on the face.
(c) When Old Yeller follows him everywhere he goes.
(d) When his spotted heifer has her first calf.
5. How does Travis' family come to get Old Yeller?
(a) They win the dog at the country fair.
(b) A friend gives the dog as a gift.
(c) They buy him from a neighbor.
(d) The dog wanders to their cabin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the solution Travis comes up with that finally keeps Old Yeller at home during the night?
2. What does Travis' mother instruct him to do while he is doing his chores?
3. Why do the hogs, cattle, and wild animals come to the Salt Licks?
4. What sound do the bulls make that are looking for a fight outside the family's cabin?
5. What does Travis discover as he reaches the cabin?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why Travis doesn't want to shoot a javelina hog.
2. What does Tavis do when the bulls start fighting near the cabin?
3. Describe why Travis goes to the Salt Licks to hunt for deer.
4. Describe the agreement Little Arliss and Burn Sanderson arrange.
5. Explain why Travis' father is travelling to Abilene, leaving Travis in charge of the family.
6. What does Travis discover when he returns home that makes him angry at the yeller dog again?
7. Explain what Travis does to the big dog when he sees him for the first time and what is the dog's reaction.
8. Summarize the fight between the two bulls.
9. Describe the situation that Travis sees when he hears Little Arliss screaming and runs to help him.
10. Describe the situation when Travis shoots the deer.
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)