|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Travis' reaction to Old Yeller when the dog approaches him?
(a) Travis kicked at him as hard as he could.
(b) Travis backs away.
(c) Travis whispers to Old Yeller.
(d) Travis screams at him.
2. When does Travis begin to love Old Yeller?
(a) He begins to love the dog when the dog crawls into his bed.
(b) He begins to love the dog when the dog gets sick.
(c) He begins to love the dog when Arliss asks him to.
(d) He begins to love the dog after the bear attack.
3. What does Travis discover when he opens the dog run door where the meat is stored?
(a) A wolf is eating the meat.
(b) The meat is rotten.
(c) Little Arliss is hanging from the meat.
(d) The meat is gone.
4. What does Mama prepare for supper after Old Yeller arrives?
(a) Corn meal mush.
(b) Beef stew.
(c) Hotcakes and honey.
(d) Buttermilk biscuits.
5. How does Travis interpret the sounds of the old bull?
(a) Travis says that the bull is bragging about being the biggest, toughest, and meanest.
(b) Travis says that the old bull is surrendering and willing to die.
(c) Travis says that the old bull is giving up his rights as leader.
(d) Travis says that the old bull is asking the younger bull to kill him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does Lisbeth tell Travis about her dog, Miss Prissy?
2. What does Travis think about Old Yeller?
3. What is Old Yeller's reaction when he is sprayed by a skunk?
4. How does Travis show his love for Old Yeller?
5. How does Travis react to the news about hydrophobia?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Little Arliss' reaction to Burn Sanderson's news.
2. Describe the bad news that Travis and his family get after taming Spot.
3. Describe why Travis goes to the Salt Licks to hunt for deer.
4. Summarize the fight between the two bulls.
5. Describe the situation when Travis finds Spot and her new calf.
6. Summarize the time Travis meets Old Yeller for the first time.
7. Summarize the warning the Burn Sanderson gives to Travis before he rides off.
8. What is Burn Sanderson's offer regarding Old Yeller and why doesn't Mama accept it?
9. What does Tavis do when the bulls start fighting near the cabin?
10. Why do Travis and Old Yeller sleep in the corn patch?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)