|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mama say about Old Yeller?
(a) She says that the dog is sick.
(b) She says that the dog can stay.
(c) She says that the dog needs some food.
(d) She says that the dog has to go.
2. What does Arliss start catching after Old Yeller arrives?
(a) Possum and skunks.
(b) Copperhead snakes.
(c) Rabbits, birds, possum, and other small game.
(d) Rabbits, moles, and mice.
3. What does Old Yeller do when he hears the bulls start to fight?
(a) He runs away into the hills.
(b) He hides behind Arliss.
(c) He charges at them, trying to chase them away.
(d) He cowers in the corner of the cabin.
4. What does Arliss do when Travis yells at him?
(a) Arliss throws a rock at Travis.
(b) Arliss runs away and hides.
(c) Arliss runs after Travis and kicks him.
(d) Arliss sics the yeller dog on Travis.
5. What warns the doe that Travis is nearby?
(a) He scratches his ear.
(b) He sneezes.
(c) He stretches out his leg.
(d) He laughs at a squirrel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Travis do to Jumper when he decides he doesn't want to plow anymore?
2. What does Travis discover when he opens the dog run door where the meat is stored?
3. What does Travis do to try and drive the bulls away from the cabin?
4. What is the first thing Travis does when he reaches the Salt Licks?
5. Why do the hogs, cattle, and wild animals come to the Salt Licks?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Travis discover when he returns home that makes him angry at the yeller dog again?
2. Explain the disturbing news that Lisbeth gives to Travis.
3. Describe the circumstances that help Travis come out of his depression over Old Yeller.
4. What does Mama tell Little Arliss to do while she is stitching Old Yeller's belly?
5. Why is Travis worried when wakes up from his nap?
6. What is the news that Bud Searcy brings to Mama on his visit?
7. Explain why Travis' father is travelling to Abilene, leaving Travis in charge of the family.
8. Explain what Old Yeller does to save Little Arliss from certain death.
9. Summarize the actions of Travis when he realized that the roan bull has hydrophobia.
10. Why do Travis and Old Yeller sleep in the corn patch?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)