|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Travis' mother instruct him to do while he is doing his chores?
(a) He is to recite his Latin verbs while he works.
(b) He is to think about Little Arliss and the dog.
(c) He is to recite his numbers while he works.
(d) He is to say his prayers while he works.
2. What does Travis discover as he reaches the cabin?
(a) Arliss and the yeller dog are in the drinking water.
(b) Arliss and the yeller dog are sharing a piece of meat.
(c) Arliss and the yeller dog are playing ball.
(d) Arliss and the yeller dog are sleeping in the hay.
3. How does Travis show his love for Old Yeller?
(a) He brings Old Yeller for long walks.
(b) He brushes the dog every day.
(c) He bathes him, pulls thorns from his paw, burns ticks off, and lets him sleep with him.
(d) He gives Old Yeller his share of the meat.
4. How does Little Arliss take Travis by surprise?
(a) Little Arliss attacks him with a battling stick.
(b) Little Arliss wrestles him to the ground.
(c) Little Arliss punches him in the stomach.
(d) Little Arliss kicks him in the shin.
5. What does Travis' father ask him to do while he is away?
(a) He asks Travis to keep up with his school work.
(b) He asks Travis to go to neighbors and work for food.
(c) He asks Travis to fetch a neighbor to help the family.
(d) He asks Travis to take care of the family and act like a man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to the cabin two weeks after the milking incident?
2. What does Arliss do when Travis yells at him?
3. What does Travis do as the doe keeps approaching him?
4. How does Little Arliss act when Travis takes him squirrel hunting?
5. How does Travis react to the news about hydrophobia?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what Old Yeller does when Travis comes out of the cabin with the whip.
2. Summarize Old Yeller's condition when he returns home after rescuing Little Arliss.
3. Explain why Travis doesn't want another dog.
4. Why do Travis and Old Yeller sleep in the corn patch?
5. Explain why Travis doesn't want to shoot a javelina hog.
6. Describe the agreement Little Arliss and Burn Sanderson arrange.
7. Describe Little Arliss' reaction to Burn Sanderson's news.
8. What is the news that Bud Searcy brings to Mama on his visit?
9. Describe the situation when Travis finds Spot and her new calf.
10. Describe the situation when Travis shoots the deer.
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)