|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the trade that Sanderson and Little Arliss agree upon?
(a) Sanderson gives Old Yeller to Arliss for a home cooked meal.
(b) Sanderson gives Old Yeller to Arliss for a pair of Papa's boots.
(c) Sanderson gives Old Yeller to Arliss for a sack of corn meal.
(d) Sanderson gives Old Yeller to Arliss for the mule, Jumper.
2. What does Sanderson tell Travis about the plague of hydrophobia?
(a) Sanderson tells Travis that he shot two wolves, a fox, and one skunk that had it.
(b) Sanderson tells Travis that he shot two fox that had it.
(c) Sanderson tells Travis that he shot two coons that had it.
(d) Sanderson tells Travis that he shot two dogs that had it.
3. What does Travis discover as he reaches the cabin?
(a) Arliss and the yeller dog are sharing a piece of meat.
(b) Arliss and the yeller dog are playing ball.
(c) Arliss and the yeller dog are sleeping in the hay.
(d) Arliss and the yeller dog are in the drinking water.
4. What is Travis doing when he hears Little Arliss screaming?
(a) He is hunting.
(b) He is fishing.
(c) He is hanging the meat.
(d) He is splitting logs.
5. What keeps Travis and Old Yeller busy all night long?
(a) Preventing a cougar from attacking the sheep.
(b) Chasing a coyote away from the hen house.
(c) Chasing away coons, skunks, and coyotes from the garden.
(d) Keeping a bear away from the cabin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Arliss start catching after Old Yeller arrives?
2. What type of dogs do most of the settlers own?
3. What kind of man is Burn Sanderson?
4. Where do Mama, Little Arliss, and Travis sit to see the bull fight?
5. What does Arliss do when Travis yells at him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the situation when Travis shoots the deer.
2. Why do Travis and Old Yeller sleep in the corn patch?
3. Summarize the fight between the two bulls.
4. Explain why Travis' father is travelling to Abilene, leaving Travis in charge of the family.
5. Describe Little Arliss' reaction to Burn Sanderson's news.
6. Describe what Travis reveals about his relationship with Old Yeller in the beginning of the chapter.
7. Summarize Old Yeller's condition when he returns home after rescuing Little Arliss.
8. Describe the bad news that Travis and his family get after taming Spot.
9. Describe the bulls that come near the cabin to fight with one another.
10. Describe the agreement Little Arliss and Burn Sanderson arrange.
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)