|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Travis begin to love Old Yeller?
(a) He begins to love the dog when the dog crawls into his bed.
(b) He begins to love the dog after the bear attack.
(c) He begins to love the dog when Arliss asks him to.
(d) He begins to love the dog when the dog gets sick.
2. Why is Travis annoyed with Mama and Little Arliss?
(a) He is annoyed that Mama spends all her time with Little Arliss.
(b) He is annoyed that Mama babies Little Arliss.
(c) He is annoyed because Mama lets Little Arliss lie about the things he does.
(d) He is annoyed because Little Arliss is never punished.
3. Who comes to the cabin two weeks after the milking incident?
(a) A man comes to claim Old Yeller.
(c) Jed Simpson.
(d) Bud Searcy.
4. What does Mama wrap Little Arliss' hands in when he is finned by a fish?
(a) A bandage of bear fat.
(b) A poultice of prickly pear root.
(c) A cloth with iodine.
(d) A poultice of wet mud.
5. What does Arliss start catching after Old Yeller arrives?
(a) Copperhead snakes.
(b) Rabbits, moles, and mice.
(c) Possum and skunks.
(d) Rabbits, birds, possum, and other small game.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Travis think about as he and Old Yeller lie out under the stars?
2. Why can't Travis take Jumper close to the Salt Licks where he goes to hunt deer?
3. What does Travis discover as he reaches the cabin?
4. Why is it hard for a dog to fight with a boar coon?
5. What is Mama's reaction to Sanderson's first suggestion?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the disturbing news that Lisbeth gives to Travis.
2. Summarize the time Travis meets Old Yeller for the first time.
3. Describe why Travis goes to the Salt Licks to hunt for deer.
4. Summarize Travis' feelings for Bud Searcy's daughter, Lisbeth.
5. Describe Little Arliss' reaction to Burn Sanderson's news.
6. Describe the bad news that Travis and his family get after taming Spot.
7. Describe the situation that Travis sees when he hears Little Arliss screaming and runs to help him.
8. Explain what Old Yeller does when Travis comes out of the cabin with the whip.
9. Explain what Old Yeller does to save Little Arliss from certain death.
10. Describe Old Yeller's appearance.
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)