|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Travis doing when he hears Little Arliss screaming?
(a) He is hunting.
(b) He is fishing.
(c) He is hanging the meat.
(d) He is splitting logs.
2. What keeps Travis and Old Yeller busy all night long?
(a) Keeping a bear away from the cabin.
(b) Preventing a cougar from attacking the sheep.
(c) Chasing a coyote away from the hen house.
(d) Chasing away coons, skunks, and coyotes from the garden.
3. What are all Texans short of now that the Civil War is over?
(d) Ranch hands.
4. Why does Sanderson get off his horse and approach Little Arliss?
(a) He asks Little Arliss if he wants a puppy instead.
(b) He tells Little Arliss he is acting like a baby.
(c) He asks Little Arliss if he wants to keep the dog.
(d) He slaps Little Arliss for his temper tantrum.
5. What kind of man is Burn Sanderson?
(a) He is old and haggard.
(b) He is young and rude.
(c) He is young, nice, and polite.
(d) He is rough and crude.
Short Answer Questions
1. What advice does Sanderson give to Travis about when to shoot an animal with hydrophobia?
2. Who named Birdsong Creek?
3. Why is Travis concerned about being the man of the family?
4. What does Arliss do when Travis yells at him?
5. Why can't Travis take Jumper close to the Salt Licks where he goes to hunt deer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize Old Yeller's condition when he returns home after rescuing Little Arliss.
2. What is the news that Bud Searcy brings to Mama on his visit?
3. Describe the situation when Travis finds Spot and her new calf.
4. Describe the situation when Travis shoots the deer.
5. Describe what Travis reveals about his relationship with Old Yeller in the beginning of the chapter.
6. Describe the bulls that come near the cabin to fight with one another.
7. Explain why Travis doesn't want another dog.
8. Summarize the items that Little Arliss brings home in his pockets.
9. What does Travis discover when he returns home that makes him angry at the yeller dog again?
10. Describe why Travis goes to the Salt Licks to hunt for deer.
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)