|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Little Arliss' reaction when they get back to the cabin?
(a) He passes out from fear.
(b) He is angry that Travis pulled the cub away.
(c) He is angry at the bear.
(d) He is shaking all over and clinging to Mama.
2. What does Travis' mother instruct him to do while he is doing his chores?
(a) He is to say his prayers while he works.
(b) He is to recite his Latin verbs while he works.
(c) He is to recite his numbers while he works.
(d) He is to think about Little Arliss and the dog.
3. Why does Little Arliss want to keep Old Yeller?
(a) He's never had a dog of his own.
(b) He wants a dog to sleep with.
(c) He wants to teach the dog to hunt rabbits.
(d) He wants a dog to protect him from Travis.
4. What is Old Yeller's reaction when he is sprayed by a skunk?
(a) He digs a deep hole and lays in it.
(b) He rolls in the dirt, and then jumps in the pond.
(c) It doesn't seem to bother him.
(d) He snorts, drools, and vomits.
5. How does Little Arliss take Travis by surprise?
(a) Little Arliss wrestles him to the ground.
(b) Little Arliss punches him in the stomach.
(c) Little Arliss kicks him in the shin.
(d) Little Arliss attacks him with a battling stick.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the bull fight finally end?
2. What does Mama ask Travis to do after he milks the cows?
3. How does Travis' dog, Bell, die?
4. What is Travis' reaction to Old Yeller when the dog approaches him?
5. Why does Sanderson get off his horse and approach Little Arliss?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the reaction of Little Arliss and Mama to the big dog?
2. Summarize how Old Yeller controls the heifer, Spot.
3. Summarize Old Yeller's condition when he returns home after rescuing Little Arliss.
4. Summarize why Mama names the area in which they live Birdsong Creek.
5. Describe the situation when Travis shoots the deer.
6. Describe Old Yeller's appearance.
7. Describe the agreement Little Arliss and Burn Sanderson arrange.
8. What is the news that Bud Searcy brings to Mama on his visit?
9. What does Travis discover when he returns home that makes him angry at the yeller dog again?
10. Describe how Travis treats Old Yeller after the dog saves Little Arliss.
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)