|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Old Yeller do when Travis sic's him on the bulls?
(a) He circles the bulls, howling.
(b) He attacks the bulls.
(c) He leaps onto the back of one of the bulls.
(d) He runs away into the woods.
2. What is the color of the two bulls?
(a) One of the bulls is a mustard color and the other is black.
(b) One of the bulls is black and the other is gray with spots.
(c) One of the bulls is a red roan and the other is black.
(d) One of the bulls is a mustard color and the other is a red roan.
3. What does Travis discover as he reaches the cabin?
(a) Arliss and the yeller dog are sharing a piece of meat.
(b) Arliss and the yeller dog are in the drinking water.
(c) Arliss and the yeller dog are playing ball.
(d) Arliss and the yeller dog are sleeping in the hay.
4. What does Mama make with lye water and hog fat?
(b) Antiseptic cream.
(d) Bug repellant.
5. Why doesn't Travis want to shoot a javelina hog?
(a) They are no good for eating.
(b) When one javelina hog gets shot, the whole bunch will attack.
(c) He thinks they are funny little creatures.
(d) They are not big enough to feed the family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Travis doing when he hears Little Arliss screaming?
2. What are the symptoms of hydrophobia?
3. When does Travis realize how badly he needs a dog?
4. Why does Sanderson get off his horse and approach Little Arliss?
5. What does Travis ask his father for before he leaves?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the bad news that Travis and his family get after taming Spot.
2. What is the news that Bud Searcy brings to Mama on his visit?
3. Why do Travis and Old Yeller sleep in the corn patch?
4. Explain what Travis does to the big dog when he sees him for the first time and what is the dog's reaction.
5. Explain why Travis doesn't want another dog.
6. Summarize how Old Yeller controls the heifer, Spot.
7. Summarize Travis' feelings for Bud Searcy's daughter, Lisbeth.
8. Summarize the items that Little Arliss brings home in his pockets.
9. What does Tavis do when the bulls start fighting near the cabin?
10. Describe why Travis goes to the Salt Licks to hunt for deer.
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)