|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does Searcy bring to Travis, Little Arliss, and Mama?
(a) He tells them that Jed Simpson shot a turkey.
(b) He tells them that Rosal shot a fox.
(c) He tells them that the cows are going dry and the gardens are failing around the settlement.
(d) He tells them that the men will be home in a few days.
2. Why is Travis annoyed with Mama and Little Arliss?
(a) He is annoyed that Mama babies Little Arliss.
(b) He is annoyed because Little Arliss is never punished.
(c) He is annoyed that Mama spends all her time with Little Arliss.
(d) He is annoyed because Mama lets Little Arliss lie about the things he does.
3. What does Travis discover when he opens the dog run door where the meat is stored?
(a) Little Arliss is hanging from the meat.
(b) The meat is rotten.
(c) The meat is gone.
(d) A wolf is eating the meat.
4. How does Travis' family come to get Old Yeller?
(a) A friend gives the dog as a gift.
(b) The dog wanders to their cabin.
(c) They win the dog at the country fair.
(d) They buy him from a neighbor.
5. How does Travis react to the news about hydrophobia?
(a) He is scared and mixed up about the danger.
(b) He doesn't think it is anything to be concerned about.
(c) He thinks Sanderson is overreacting.
(d) He thinks Sanderson is lying about it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What keeps Travis and Old Yeller busy all night long?
2. What sound do the bulls make that are looking for a fight outside the family's cabin?
3. Why had Papa cleared out all the brush and trees from around the cabin?
4. What does Arliss do when Travis yells at him?
5. What news does Lisbeth tell Travis about her dog, Miss Prissy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what Travis reveals about his relationship with Old Yeller in the beginning of the chapter.
2. Describe why Travis goes to the Salt Licks to hunt for deer.
3. Explain what Travis does to the big dog when he sees him for the first time and what is the dog's reaction.
4. Explain why Travis doesn't want to shoot a javelina hog.
5. Describe Old Yeller's appearance.
6. Summarize the time Travis meets Old Yeller for the first time.
7. Summarize why Mama names the area in which they live Birdsong Creek.
8. Summarize Old Yeller's condition when he returns home after rescuing Little Arliss.
9. Explain what Old Yeller does when Travis comes out of the cabin with the whip.
10. Summarize Travis' feelings for Bud Searcy's daughter, Lisbeth.
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)