|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Travis react to the news about hydrophobia?
(a) He doesn't think it is anything to be concerned about.
(b) He thinks Sanderson is overreacting.
(c) He thinks Sanderson is lying about it.
(d) He is scared and mixed up about the danger.
2. How does Travis' dog, Bell, die?
(a) The dog is bitten by a rattle snake.
(b) The dog dies of old age.
(c) The dog falls into a raging river.
(d) The dog is mauled by a bear.
3. What does Travis compare Little Arliss' screaming to?
(a) Squealing pigs.
(b) Wild boars.
(c) Hungry babies.
(d) Comanches scalping him.
4. Why doesn't Searcy go into the house when Mama invites him?
(a) He says that he doesn't feel at ease in the house.
(b) He says that the house smell like the old dog.
(c) He says that he would rather sit in the dog run.
(d) He says that he didn't come for a social call.
5. What warns the doe that Travis is nearby?
(a) He laughs at a squirrel.
(b) He sneezes.
(c) He stretches out his leg.
(d) He scratches his ear.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Travis annoyed with Mama and Little Arliss?
2. What is Travis' reaction to Old Yeller when the dog approaches him?
3. What does Old Yeller do when the bear slaps him head over heels?
4. What advice does Sanderson give to Travis about when to shoot an animal with hydrophobia?
5. Why is Bud Searcy left behind when all the men drive the cattle to Abilene?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Old Yeller's appearance.
2. Summarize how Old Yeller controls the heifer, Spot.
3. Describe the agreement Little Arliss and Burn Sanderson arrange.
4. Explain why Travis' father is travelling to Abilene, leaving Travis in charge of the family.
5. What is the reaction of Little Arliss and Mama to the big dog?
6. Describe why Travis goes to the Salt Licks to hunt for deer.
7. Summarize the warning the Burn Sanderson gives to Travis before he rides off.
8. Explain the disturbing news that Lisbeth gives to Travis.
9. Describe the bulls that come near the cabin to fight with one another.
10. Summarize Old Yeller's condition when he returns home after rescuing Little Arliss.
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)