|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Travis doing when he hears Little Arliss screaming?
(a) He is splitting logs.
(b) He is hunting.
(c) He is fishing.
(d) He is hanging the meat.
2. What does Travis' mother instruct him to do while he is doing his chores?
(a) He is to say his prayers while he works.
(b) He is to think about Little Arliss and the dog.
(c) He is to recite his Latin verbs while he works.
(d) He is to recite his numbers while he works.
3. Why is Travis' father leaving the family for months?
(a) He is going East to care for his dying mother.
(b) He is working as a field hand in Abilene.
(c) He is going East to school.
(d) He is driving cattle to Abilene.
4. What is the trade that Sanderson and Little Arliss agree upon?
(a) Sanderson gives Old Yeller to Arliss for a pair of Papa's boots.
(b) Sanderson gives Old Yeller to Arliss for a home cooked meal.
(c) Sanderson gives Old Yeller to Arliss for the mule, Jumper.
(d) Sanderson gives Old Yeller to Arliss for a sack of corn meal.
5. What are the symptoms of hydrophobia?
(a) Foaming at the mouth and blind staggers.
(b) Watery eyes and lethargy.
(c) Swollen eyes and vomiting.
(d) Limping and vomiting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who saves Little Arliss from the attacking bear?
2. What does Travis think about Searcy's granddaughter, Lisbeth?
3. What type of dogs do most of the settlers own?
4. Why is Bud Searcy left behind when all the men drive the cattle to Abilene?
5. What does Travis do to Jumper when he decides he doesn't want to plow anymore?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the reaction of Little Arliss and Mama to the big dog?
2. Describe the bad news that Travis and his family get after taming Spot.
3. What does Tavis do when the bulls start fighting near the cabin?
4. Describe Old Yeller's appearance.
5. Describe the situation that Travis sees when he hears Little Arliss screaming and runs to help him.
6. What does Travis discover when he returns home that makes him angry at the yeller dog again?
7. Why do Travis and Old Yeller sleep in the corn patch?
8. Summarize the fight between the two bulls.
9. Describe why Travis goes to the Salt Licks to hunt for deer.
10. Describe the bulls that come near the cabin to fight with one another.
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)