|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Travis' father ask him to do while he is away?
(a) He asks Travis to fetch a neighbor to help the family.
(b) He asks Travis to keep up with his school work.
(c) He asks Travis to take care of the family and act like a man.
(d) He asks Travis to go to neighbors and work for food.
2. What does Travis do to try to prevent Old Yeller from roaming at night?
(a) He locks him in the hen house.
(b) He chains him to a post.
(c) He tries tying him with rope and rawhide string.
(d) He puts him in the barn.
3. What are the best times to go to the Salt Licks to hunt?
(a) Mid-afternoon and late evening.
(b) Early morning and mid-afternoon.
(c) Early morning and late evening.
(d) Mid-afternoon and sunset.
4. How does Travis get Spot to settle down so he can milk her?
(a) He puts her into a narrow pen.
(b) He blindfolds her.
(c) He has Old Yeller stand near her.
(d) He ties her head and feet.
5. How does Travis show his love for Old Yeller?
(a) He gives Old Yeller his share of the meat.
(b) He bathes him, pulls thorns from his paw, burns ticks off, and lets him sleep with him.
(c) He brings Old Yeller for long walks.
(d) He brushes the dog every day.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Travis' dog, Bell, die?
2. How does Little Arliss take Travis by surprise?
3. What does Mama wrap Little Arliss' hands in when he is finned by a fish?
4. What is the color of the two bulls?
5. What does Travis discover when he opens the dog run door where the meat is stored?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize how Old Yeller gets the wild hogs where Travis wants them to go.
2. Describe the situation when Travis finds Spot and her new calf.
3. Why is Travis worried when wakes up from his nap?
4. What is the news that Bud Searcy brings to Mama on his visit?
5. Explain what Old Yeller does to save Little Arliss from certain death.
6. What does Tavis do when the bulls start fighting near the cabin?
7. What happens to Travis as he is marking the hogs?
8. Describe Travis' reaction when Lisbeth bring him a puppy as a gift.
9. Describe Little Arliss' reaction to Burn Sanderson's news.
10. Describe Travis' state of mind after he shoots Old Yeller.
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)