|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is it hard for a dog to fight with a boar coon?
(a) The boar coon is smarter than any dog.
(b) The boar coon fights with the courage of an animal five times its size.
(c) The boar coon is fast and agile.
(d) The boar coon usually hides in thorn bushes.
2. What does Mama wrap Little Arliss' hands in when he is finned by a fish?
(a) A poultice of wet mud.
(b) A bandage of bear fat.
(c) A poultice of prickly pear root.
(d) A cloth with iodine.
3. What does Mama make with lye water and hog fat?
(c) Bug repellant.
(d) Antiseptic cream.
4. What kind of man is Burn Sanderson?
(a) He is rough and crude.
(b) He is young and rude.
(c) He is young, nice, and polite.
(d) He is old and haggard.
5. What does Travis think about as he and Old Yeller lie out under the stars?
(a) He thinks about what a wonderful dog Old Yeller is.
(b) He wonders if his father can see the same stars in Kansas.
(c) He thinks about the day when he will have a ranch of his own.
(d) He thinks about how lucky he is to have a brother like Little Arliss.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Little Arliss want to keep Old Yeller?
2. Why doesn't Travis want to shoot at a running deer?
3. Why is Bud Searcy left behind when all the men drive the cattle to Abilene?
4. How does Travis finally shoot the turkey that he wounded in the pea garden?
5. What does Travis ask his father for before he leaves?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize Old Yeller's condition when he returns home after rescuing Little Arliss.
2. Explain why Travis doesn't want to shoot a javelina hog.
3. Describe the bad news that Travis and his family get after taming Spot.
4. Describe Old Yeller's appearance.
5. Explain what Old Yeller does to save Little Arliss from certain death.
6. Describe the situation that Travis sees when he hears Little Arliss screaming and runs to help him.
7. What does Travis discover when he returns home that makes him angry at the yeller dog again?
8. Describe the situation when Travis shoots the deer.
9. Summarize why Mama names the area in which they live Birdsong Creek.
10. Describe the agreement Little Arliss and Burn Sanderson arrange.
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)