|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Old Yeller's reaction to the bear attack once they are all back in the cabin?
(a) He is crying with pain.
(b) He acts like the bear attack was great fun.
(c) He is trembling in the corner.
(d) He is licking Little Arliss.
2. What does Travis decide to do about Old Yeller?
(a) Find a way to get rid of him.
(b) Obedience train him.
(c) Make friends with him.
(d) Teach him to hunt.
3. What is the trade that Sanderson and Little Arliss agree upon?
(a) Sanderson gives Old Yeller to Arliss for a home cooked meal.
(b) Sanderson gives Old Yeller to Arliss for a sack of corn meal.
(c) Sanderson gives Old Yeller to Arliss for the mule, Jumper.
(d) Sanderson gives Old Yeller to Arliss for a pair of Papa's boots.
4. What warns the doe that Travis is nearby?
(a) He laughs at a squirrel.
(b) He scratches his ear.
(c) He sneezes.
(d) He stretches out his leg.
5. What is Mama's reaction to Sanderson's first suggestion?
(a) She is angry.
(b) She refuses.
(c) She accepts it.
(d) She is insulted by the suggestion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the color of the two bulls?
2. What does Travis do as the doe keeps approaching him?
3. What keeps Travis and Old Yeller busy all night long?
4. How does Travis interpret the sounds of the old bull?
5. Why had Papa cleared out all the brush and trees from around the cabin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the reaction of Little Arliss and Mama to the big dog?
2. Explain what Old Yeller does when Travis comes out of the cabin with the whip.
3. Explain what Travis does to the big dog when he sees him for the first time and what is the dog's reaction.
4. Describe why Travis goes to the Salt Licks to hunt for deer.
5. Describe the bulls that come near the cabin to fight with one another.
6. Summarize why Mama names the area in which they live Birdsong Creek.
7. Describe the agreement Little Arliss and Burn Sanderson arrange.
8. Summarize the fight between the two bulls.
9. Summarize how Old Yeller controls the heifer, Spot.
10. Describe the bad news that Travis and his family get after taming Spot.
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)