|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sanderson get off his horse and approach Little Arliss?
(a) He slaps Little Arliss for his temper tantrum.
(b) He asks Little Arliss if he wants a puppy instead.
(c) He asks Little Arliss if he wants to keep the dog.
(d) He tells Little Arliss he is acting like a baby.
2. What is Mama's reaction to Sanderson's first suggestion?
(a) She accepts it.
(b) She is insulted by the suggestion.
(c) She refuses.
(d) She is angry.
3. How does Travis' family come to get Old Yeller?
(a) A friend gives the dog as a gift.
(b) They buy him from a neighbor.
(c) The dog wanders to their cabin.
(d) They win the dog at the country fair.
4. What news does Lisbeth tell Travis about her dog, Miss Prissy?
(a) Miss Prissy won first prize in at the fair.
(b) Miss Prissy is going to have Old Yeller's puppies.
(c) Miss Prissy is sick and dying.
(d) Miss Prissy is a purebread fox hound.
5. Why is Travis concerned about being the man of the family?
(a) He doesn't feel confident enough.
(b) He just wants to be a boy.
(c) He is afraid to take on the responsibility.
(d) He is concerned because no one listens to what he says or thinks.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Travis react to the pending bull fight?
2. How does Travis get Spot to settle down so he can milk her?
3. What does Travis do to try and drive the bulls away from the cabin?
4. What does Little Arliss do to Sanderson?
5. How does Travis know that Little Arliss is in trouble?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Travis and Old Yeller sleep in the corn patch?
2. Describe the agreement Little Arliss and Burn Sanderson arrange.
3. Describe Little Arliss' reaction to Burn Sanderson's news.
4. Describe the situation when Travis finds Spot and her new calf.
5. Explain what Travis does to the big dog when he sees him for the first time and what is the dog's reaction.
6. Summarize the warning the Burn Sanderson gives to Travis before he rides off.
7. Summarize why Mama names the area in which they live Birdsong Creek.
8. What is the news that Bud Searcy brings to Mama on his visit?
9. Describe what Travis reveals about his relationship with Old Yeller in the beginning of the chapter.
10. What does Travis discover when he returns home that makes him angry at the yeller dog again?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)