|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why had Papa cleared out all the brush and trees from around the cabin?
(a) He cleared the brush to get a clear shot at Comanches and Apaches.
(b) He cleared the brush in case of a fire.
(c) He cleared the brush so Mama could plant roses.
(d) He cleared the brush to cut down on the bugs.
2. Why is Travis annoyed with Mama and Little Arliss?
(a) He is annoyed that Mama babies Little Arliss.
(b) He is annoyed because Mama lets Little Arliss lie about the things he does.
(c) He is annoyed that Mama spends all her time with Little Arliss.
(d) He is annoyed because Little Arliss is never punished.
3. What does Travis do to Jumper when he decides he doesn't want to plow anymore?
(a) He hits Jumper across the jaw with a club.
(b) He kicks Jumper in the rump.
(c) He pulls Jumper by the reins.
(d) He lures Jumper back to the field with an apple.
4. How many cows does Travis have to milk to get enough for the family?
(d) Five or six.
5. What does Mama say about Old Yeller?
(a) She says that the dog is sick.
(b) She says that the dog can stay.
(c) She says that the dog has to go.
(d) She says that the dog needs some food.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Travis begin to love Old Yeller?
2. What are the best times to go to the Salt Licks to hunt?
3. What does Mama prepare for supper after Old Yeller arrives?
4. What advice does Sanderson give to Travis about when to shoot an animal with hydrophobia?
5. What is the trade that Sanderson and Little Arliss agree upon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Burn Sanderson's offer regarding Old Yeller and why doesn't Mama accept it?
2. Explain why Travis doesn't want another dog.
3. Summarize Travis' feelings for Bud Searcy's daughter, Lisbeth.
4. Summarize how Old Yeller controls the heifer, Spot.
5. Explain what Old Yeller does to save Little Arliss from certain death.
6. Why do Travis and Old Yeller sleep in the corn patch?
7. Summarize the fight between the two bulls.
8. Describe Old Yeller's appearance.
9. Describe Little Arliss' reaction to Burn Sanderson's news.
10. Summarize the items that Little Arliss brings home in his pockets.
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)