|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Travis react to the news about hydrophobia?
(a) He is scared and mixed up about the danger.
(b) He thinks Sanderson is overreacting.
(c) He thinks Sanderson is lying about it.
(d) He doesn't think it is anything to be concerned about.
2. What does Travis do to Jumper when he decides he doesn't want to plow anymore?
(a) He pulls Jumper by the reins.
(b) He hits Jumper across the jaw with a club.
(c) He kicks Jumper in the rump.
(d) He lures Jumper back to the field with an apple.
3. How does Travis know that Little Arliss is in trouble?
(a) Arliss' screams are loud, shrill, and frantic.
(b) Arliss is screaming for Travis which is unusual.
(c) Arliss is screaming about the yeller dog.
(d) Arliss is crying which he never usually does.
4. What does Old Yeller do when he hears the bulls start to fight?
(a) He runs away into the hills.
(b) He hides behind Arliss.
(c) He cowers in the corner of the cabin.
(d) He charges at them, trying to chase them away.
5. What do the Mexicans call a bull with a horn that hangs down past his jaw?
(a) A moon horn.
(b) A loop horn.
(c) A scoop horn.
(d) A droop horn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing Travis does when he reaches the Salt Licks?
2. What does Travis think about Searcy's granddaughter, Lisbeth?
3. What is the solution Travis comes up with that finally keeps Old Yeller at home during the night?
4. What is Travis' reaction to Old Yeller when the dog approaches him?
5. Where do Mama, Little Arliss, and Travis sit to see the bull fight?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why Travis doesn't want another dog.
2. Describe what Travis reveals about his relationship with Old Yeller in the beginning of the chapter.
3. Summarize Old Yeller's condition when he returns home after rescuing Little Arliss.
4. Explain what Old Yeller does when Travis comes out of the cabin with the whip.
5. Describe the bad news that Travis and his family get after taming Spot.
6. Describe Old Yeller's appearance.
7. Summarize how Old Yeller controls the heifer, Spot.
8. Summarize the items that Little Arliss brings home in his pockets.
9. Describe the situation when Travis shoots the deer.
10. Describe the situation when Travis finds Spot and her new calf.
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)