|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sanderson get off his horse and approach Little Arliss?
(a) He asks Little Arliss if he wants to keep the dog.
(b) He asks Little Arliss if he wants a puppy instead.
(c) He slaps Little Arliss for his temper tantrum.
(d) He tells Little Arliss he is acting like a baby.
2. What is the first thing Travis does when he reaches the Salt Licks?
(a) He determines which way the wind is blowing.
(b) He checks for deer prints in the mud.
(c) He climbs a tree and watches for deer.
(d) He sits with the wind blowing across his back.
3. What does Travis discover as he reaches the cabin?
(a) Arliss and the yeller dog are in the drinking water.
(b) Arliss and the yeller dog are playing ball.
(c) Arliss and the yeller dog are sharing a piece of meat.
(d) Arliss and the yeller dog are sleeping in the hay.
4. What is Little Arliss' reaction when they get back to the cabin?
(a) He passes out from fear.
(b) He is angry at the bear.
(c) He is shaking all over and clinging to Mama.
(d) He is angry that Travis pulled the cub away.
5. What is Old Yeller's reaction when he is sprayed by a skunk?
(a) He rolls in the dirt, and then jumps in the pond.
(b) It doesn't seem to bother him.
(c) He digs a deep hole and lays in it.
(d) He snorts, drools, and vomits.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Travis want to shoot a javelina hog?
2. Why does Little Arliss want to keep Old Yeller?
3. What does Travis think about Searcy's granddaughter, Lisbeth?
4. What does Mama make with lye water and hog fat?
5. What does Travis think about Old Yeller?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why Travis' father is travelling to Abilene, leaving Travis in charge of the family.
2. Describe Little Arliss' reaction to Burn Sanderson's news.
3. Summarize the items that Little Arliss brings home in his pockets.
4. Summarize the fight between the two bulls.
5. Explain why Travis doesn't want to shoot a javelina hog.
6. Describe what Travis reveals about his relationship with Old Yeller in the beginning of the chapter.
7. Summarize how Old Yeller controls the heifer, Spot.
8. Explain what Old Yeller does when Travis comes out of the cabin with the whip.
9. Explain the disturbing news that Lisbeth gives to Travis.
10. Explain why Travis doesn't want another dog.
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)