Short Essay Questions Key
1. Explain why Travis' father is travelling to Abilene, leaving Travis in charge of the family.
2. Describe what Travis reveals about his relationship with Old Yeller in the beginning of the chapter.
3. Summarize why Mama names the area in which they live Birdsong Creek.
4. Explain why Travis doesn't want another dog.
5. Summarize the time Travis meets Old Yeller for the first time.
6. Describe Old Yeller's appearance.
7. Explain what Travis does to the big dog when he sees him for the first time and what is the dog's reaction.
8. What is the reaction of Little Arliss and Mama to the big dog?
9. Describe why Travis goes to the Salt Licks to hunt for deer.
10. Explain why Travis doesn't want to shoot a javelina hog.
11. Describe the situation when Travis shoots the deer.
12. What does Travis discover when he returns home that makes him angry at the yeller dog again?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)