|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How bad is the wound inflicted on Travis by the hogs?
(a) It is long but not too deep.
(b) It is a clean gash but not bleeding much.
(c) He is cut to the bone.
(d) It is only a scratch.
2. What does Old Yeller do when Travis sic's him on the bulls?
(a) He circles the bulls, howling.
(b) He runs away into the woods.
(c) He leaps onto the back of one of the bulls.
(d) He attacks the bulls.
3. How does Travis' family come to get Old Yeller?
(a) The dog wanders to their cabin.
(b) A friend gives the dog as a gift.
(c) They buy him from a neighbor.
(d) They win the dog at the country fair.
4. What does Mama say about Lisbeth staying with her?
(a) She says Lisbeth can sleep in the dog run.
(b) She thinks Lisbeth won't be any help.
(c) She says that Lisbeth can milk the cows.
(d) She thinks Lisbeth is too young to be away from home.
5. What does Mama make with lye water and hog fat?
(c) Antiseptic cream.
(d) Bug repellant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Travis and Mama first think Spot ate?
2. What does Travis see that makes him think Old Yeller is dead?
3. What does Old Yeller do to keep the heifer from charging at Travis?
4. Why can't Travis take Jumper close to the Salt Licks where he goes to hunt deer?
5. What does Lisbeth tell Travis about the puppy she gave him?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)