|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mama use as a poultice for Travis' wound?
(a) Prickly-pear roots.
(b) Turpentine and mud.
(c) Flour and vinegar.
(d) Bear fat.
2. How does Travis show his love for Old Yeller?
(a) He bathes him, pulls thorns from his paw, burns ticks off, and lets him sleep with him.
(b) He gives Old Yeller his share of the meat.
(c) He brings Old Yeller for long walks.
(d) He brushes the dog every day.
3. What type of dogs do most of the settlers own?
(a) Big, fierce cur dogs.
(b) Small, quick terriers.
(c) Pure bred Blood Hounds.
(d) Pure bred Coon Hounds.
4. What does Mama say about Lisbeth staying with her?
(a) She says that Lisbeth can milk the cows.
(b) She thinks Lisbeth is too young to be away from home.
(c) She says Lisbeth can sleep in the dog run.
(d) She thinks Lisbeth won't be any help.
5. What disease does Bud Searcy hope does not spread throughout the settlement before the men get back?
(b) Small Pox.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Mama want the buzzards to eat the dead animal?
2. What type of hog hangs out with the sows to protect them?
3. What is Travis doing when he hears Little Arliss screaming?
4. What sound do the bulls make that are looking for a fight outside the family's cabin?
5. What does Arliss start catching after Old Yeller arrives?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)