|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Travis' family come to get Old Yeller?
(a) A friend gives the dog as a gift.
(b) They win the dog at the country fair.
(c) They buy him from a neighbor.
(d) The dog wanders to their cabin.
2. How does Old Yeller get into the fight with the loafer wolf?
(a) The wolf attacks Jumper and Old Yeller jumps him.
(b) The wolf goes after Mama when she stops for water.
(c) Old Yeller tracks the wolf and catches up with him.
(d) The wolf attacks Old Yeller while he is getting a drink.
3. How does Mama clean Travis' wound?
(a) She washes it with hot water and then poured hot candle wax on it.
(b) She washes it with hot water and then poured salt in it.
(c) She washes it with hot water and then poured iodine on it.
(d) She washes it with hot water and then poured turpentine on it.
4. What sound does Travis recognize that he has heard only once before?
(a) The whimpering of a bear cub.
(b) The sound of a dog dying.
(c) The coughing roar of a charging bear.
(d) The wild snarl of a mountain lion.
5. Why had Papa cleared out all the brush and trees from around the cabin?
(a) He cleared the brush to cut down on the bugs.
(b) He cleared the brush so Mama could plant roses.
(c) He cleared the brush to get a clear shot at Comanches and Apaches.
(d) He cleared the brush in case of a fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is it hard for a dog to fight with a boar coon?
2. How does the bull fight finally end?
3. How does Travis react to the news about hydrophobia?
4. What does Mama use as a poultice for Travis' wound?
5. How does Travis shoot Old Yeller?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)