|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Travis feel about marking the hogs?
(a) He is looking forward to it.
(b) He thinks it's a tedious job.
(c) He is afraid but knows he has to do it.
(d) He is terrified and tries to find a way out of it.
2. How does Travis interpret the sounds of the old bull?
(a) Travis says that the bull is bragging about being the biggest, toughest, and meanest.
(b) Travis says that the old bull is surrendering and willing to die.
(c) Travis says that the old bull is asking the younger bull to kill him.
(d) Travis says that the old bull is giving up his rights as leader.
3. What happens to Travis when he falls into the killer hogs?
(a) A bar' hog bites his foot.
(b) The pigs jump on top of him.
(c) A slashing tusk catches him in the calf of his right leg.
(d) A hog grabs him by his angle.
4. What changes Travis' mind about keeping the yeller dog as he rides to the cabin?
(a) He feels proud of himself and figures he can put up with the dog.
(b) He likes the yeller dog after all.
(c) He feels sorry for the starving yeller dog.
(d) He knows Arliss really wants the dog.
5. What does Sanderson tell Travis about the plague of hydrophobia?
(a) Sanderson tells Travis that he shot two wolves, a fox, and one skunk that had it.
(b) Sanderson tells Travis that he shot two fox that had it.
(c) Sanderson tells Travis that he shot two dogs that had it.
(d) Sanderson tells Travis that he shot two coons that had it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bud Searcy leave Lisbeth behind with Mama?
2. Why is Travis glad that he missed a bunch of pigs back at bat cave country?
3. What prevents the animal sick with hydrophobia from getting Mama?
4. What does Travis do to try and drive the bulls away from the cabin?
5. What is Travis excited about Papa bringing home for him?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)