|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the pigs react when Old Yeller and Travis find them?
(a) They charge at them.
(b) They back up into a corner.
(c) They roar and pop their teeth.
(d) They turn and try to run away.
2. What do the hogs do if a blizzard is on the way?
(a) They go into caves in the side of the hill.
(b) They head back to the barn.
(c) They pack leaves and dry grass into a thicket or cave and sleep in it.
(d) They stand in the snow until someone leads them home.
3. How does Travis react to the news about hydrophobia?
(a) He doesn't think it is anything to be concerned about.
(b) He thinks Sanderson is lying about it.
(c) He thinks Sanderson is overreacting.
(d) He is scared and mixed up about the danger.
4. What does Old Yeller do when Travis reaches for him?
(a) Old Yeller loses consciousness.
(b) Old Yeller licks his hand.
(c) Old Yeller lunges at him with bared fangs.
(d) Old Yeller whimpers in pain.
5. What does Mama say about Lisbeth staying with her?
(a) She thinks Lisbeth won't be any help.
(b) She thinks Lisbeth is too young to be away from home.
(c) She says Lisbeth can sleep in the dog run.
(d) She says that Lisbeth can milk the cows.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal comes into the yard staggering, grunting, and moaning?
2. What is a strange varmit stealing from the people in the settlement?
3. Why does Mama decide that the Spot heifer must be killed?
4. What sound do the bulls make that are looking for a fight outside the family's cabin?
5. What does Papa compare training the mind to handle fear with?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)