|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of dogs do most of the settlers own?
(a) Big, fierce cur dogs.
(b) Pure bred Blood Hounds.
(c) Pure bred Coon Hounds.
(d) Small, quick terriers.
2. Why does Bud Searcy leave Lisbeth behind with Mama?
(a) He leaves her to help Mama while Travis is recuperating.
(b) He leaves her because she is annoying him.
(c) He leaves her because she isn't much help to him.
(d) He leaves her to take care of Old Yeller.
3. What is Mama's reaction to Sanderson's first suggestion?
(a) She accepts it.
(b) She is angry.
(c) She is insulted by the suggestion.
(d) She refuses.
4. How does Travis react to the pending bull fight?
(a) He is excited and wants to see it.
(b) He feels bad for the bulls.
(c) He blocks his ears from the sound of the bulls.
(d) He can't watch because it sickens him.
5. How does Travis hide Old Yeller while he runs home to get help?
(a) Travis pushes him into a cave.
(b) Travis covers him with branches.
(c) Travis digs a hole and places Old Yeller in it.
(d) Travis pushes him under an overhanging rock and covers the opening with a mesquite stump.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Travis feel when Lisbeth and Little Arliss walk past his door?
2. What is Travis doing when he hears Little Arliss screaming?
3. What is the trouble that Travis thinks is too big for any of them to handle?
4. Why does Mama decide that the Spot heifer must be killed?
5. Why is Travis sickened when he looks at Spot?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)