|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Old Yeller do when the bear slaps him head over heels?
(a) He lies on the ground.
(b) He crawls away.
(c) He staggers into the bushes.
(d) He charges again.
2. What do the Mexicans call a bull with a horn that hangs down past his jaw?
(a) A droop horn.
(b) A scoop horn.
(c) A loop horn.
(d) A moon horn.
3. What does Mama wrap Little Arliss' hands in when he is finned by a fish?
(a) A cloth with iodine.
(b) A poultice of prickly pear root.
(c) A bandage of bear fat.
(d) A poultice of wet mud.
4. How does Travis' family come to get Old Yeller?
(a) A friend gives the dog as a gift.
(b) They win the dog at the country fair.
(c) The dog wanders to their cabin.
(d) They buy him from a neighbor.
5. When do Mama, Travis, and Little Arliss finally make it home with Old Yeller?
(a) They get home before it gets dark.
(b) They get home the next morning.
(c) They get home at midnight.
(d) They get home just as it gets dark.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Travis think about Old Yeller?
2. What is Mama's reaction to Sanderson's first suggestion?
3. How does Lisbeth feel about Travis' reaction to the puppy?
4. What does Little Arliss do to help get Old Yeller home?
5. What does Travis see Mama, Little Arliss, and Lisbeth doing after they gather the corn?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)