|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Travis show his love for Old Yeller?
(a) He bathes him, pulls thorns from his paw, burns ticks off, and lets him sleep with him.
(b) He brings Old Yeller for long walks.
(c) He gives Old Yeller his share of the meat.
(d) He brushes the dog every day.
2. What is Travis' reaction to Old Yeller when the dog approaches him?
(a) Travis kicked at him as hard as he could.
(b) Travis backs away.
(c) Travis whispers to Old Yeller.
(d) Travis screams at him.
3. Why is Travis concerned about being the man of the family?
(a) He just wants to be a boy.
(b) He is afraid to take on the responsibility.
(c) He doesn't feel confident enough.
(d) He is concerned because no one listens to what he says or thinks.
4. What is the condition of Travis' wound by the time they arrive home?
(a) It feels a lot better.
(b) It is stiff, swollen, and numb.
(c) It is stiff but the swelling is down.
(d) It is swollen but not stiff.
5. Who saves Little Arliss from the attacking bear?
(d) Old Yeller.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Travis and Old Yeller feel for a couple of weeks after the hog attack?
2. When does Travis realize how badly he needs a dog?
3. Where does Travis' family keep their hogs and cattle?
4. What does Travis' father ask him to do while he is away?
5. What does Burn Sanderson tell Mama about Old Yeller?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)