|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Travis interpret the sounds of the old bull?
(a) Travis says that the old bull is surrendering and willing to die.
(b) Travis says that the old bull is giving up his rights as leader.
(c) Travis says that the old bull is asking the younger bull to kill him.
(d) Travis says that the bull is bragging about being the biggest, toughest, and meanest.
2. What is Old Yeller's reaction when he is sprayed by a skunk?
(a) He rolls in the dirt, and then jumps in the pond.
(b) He digs a deep hole and lays in it.
(c) It doesn't seem to bother him.
(d) He snorts, drools, and vomits.
3. What does Travis have to do to the hogs to be able to tell them apart from the neighbor's hogs?
(a) He cuts their tails.
(b) He brands them.
(c) He has to catch them and mark them.
(d) He tattoos their ears.
4. What does Travis do to the hydrophobia stricken animal?
(a) He cuts its throat.
(b) He shoots it between the eyes.
(c) He pushes it into a ravine.
(d) He drags it to the river.
5. How do Travis and Old Yeller feel for a couple of weeks after the hog attack?
(a) They both have a rough time of it.
(b) They both recover quickly.
(c) Travis is feeling fine but Old Yeller has a rough time.
(d) Old Yeller recovers quickly but Travis has a rough time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What advice does Sanderson give to Travis about when to shoot an animal with hydrophobia?
2. How does the bull fight finally end?
3. How does Mama clean Travis' wound?
4. How does Travis know that he is near the hogs?
5. What animal comes into the yard staggering, grunting, and moaning?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)