|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Old Yeller do when Travis reaches for him?
(a) Old Yeller licks his hand.
(b) Old Yeller whimpers in pain.
(c) Old Yeller lunges at him with bared fangs.
(d) Old Yeller loses consciousness.
2. Why is Mama so upset that Jumper is eating the corn?
(a) They won't have any corn meal for bread in the winter.
(b) The corn is for the sheep.
(c) They need the corn to eat until winter comes.
(d) They need the corn to feed the cows.
3. What does Travis do to try to prevent Old Yeller from roaming at night?
(a) He puts him in the barn.
(b) He tries tying him with rope and rawhide string.
(c) He locks him in the hen house.
(d) He chains him to a post.
4. What does Travis see Mama, Little Arliss, and Lisbeth doing after they gather the corn?
(a) They are laughing and having a good time.
(b) They are scratching their skin.
(c) They are grumpy.
(d) They are complaining about the corn shucks.
5. What does Little Arliss do to Sanderson?
(a) He punches the man in the stomach.
(b) He kicks the man in the shin.
(c) He throws rocks at the man and hits his horse.
(d) He begs the man to leave Old Yeller.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Travis know that Little Arliss is in trouble?
2. What does Papa tell Travis about what he had to do to Old Yeller?
3. How does Travis interpret the sounds of the old bull?
4. Why is Travis annoyed with Mama and Little Arliss?
5. Who does Lisbeth say she saw stealing from the settlement?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)