|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do Mama, Travis, and Little Arliss finally make it home with Old Yeller?
(a) They get home at midnight.
(b) They get home the next morning.
(c) They get home just as it gets dark.
(d) They get home before it gets dark.
2. What is the first suggestion Sanderson gives to Mama about keeping Old Yeller?
(a) He offers to give her a puppy instead of Old Yeller.
(b) He suggests that the dog stays with them until Papa comes back.
(c) He suggests that she pay him with the milk cow to keep Old Yeller.
(d) He suggests that she take the boys inside while he grabs Old Yeller.
3. How does Travis propose getting Old Yeller home?
(a) Travis says they can put Old Yeller in a cart.
(b) Travis says that they can drag Old Yeller in a blanket.
(c) Travis says that Mama can hold Old Yeller while riding on Jumper.
(d) Travis says that he will hold Old Yeller while riding on Jumper.
4. What does Travis think about Searcy's granddaughter, Lisbeth?
(a) Travis thinks she is annoying.
(b) Travis thinks she is bossy.
(c) Travis likes her because she is different than most girls.
(d) Travis thinks she is strange.
5. How does Little Arliss act when Travis takes him squirrel hunting?
(a) Arliss is talented at tracking game.
(b) Arliss turns out to be a good hunter.
(c) Arliss is as quiet as a mouse.
(d) Arliss is noisy and pesky.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the marks that Travis makes on the hogs?
2. How do Travis and Old Yeller feel for a couple of weeks after the hog attack?
3. What news does Searcy bring to Travis, Little Arliss, and Mama?
4. Why is Travis angry that Bud Searcy comes to visit?
5. What kind of man is Burn Sanderson?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)