|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Travis think about as he and Old Yeller lie out under the stars?
(a) He thinks about the day when he will have a ranch of his own.
(b) He thinks about how lucky he is to have a brother like Little Arliss.
(c) He wonders if his father can see the same stars in Kansas.
(d) He thinks about what a wonderful dog Old Yeller is.
2. Why is Travis sickened when he looks at Spot?
(a) She is vomiting constantly.
(b) He sees that a wound on her side is covered in maggots.
(c) She is starving and looks like a skeleton.
(d) He knows that he has to shoot her.
3. What is Old Yeller's reaction to the bear attack once they are all back in the cabin?
(a) He is trembling in the corner.
(b) He is crying with pain.
(c) He acts like the bear attack was great fun.
(d) He is licking Little Arliss.
4. Why doesn't Travis want to shoot a javelina hog?
(a) They are no good for eating.
(b) They are not big enough to feed the family.
(c) When one javelina hog gets shot, the whole bunch will attack.
(d) He thinks they are funny little creatures.
5. Why is Travis concerned about being the man of the family?
(a) He is concerned because no one listens to what he says or thinks.
(b) He is afraid to take on the responsibility.
(c) He doesn't feel confident enough.
(d) He just wants to be a boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Little Arliss act when Travis takes him squirrel hunting?
2. Where does Travis' family keep their hogs and cattle?
3. Why isn't Travis excited about the puppy that Lisbeth gives to him?
4. How does Mama sew up Old Yeller's wound?
5. Why does Mama decide that the Spot heifer must be killed?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)