|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Travis know that Little Arliss is in trouble?
(a) Arliss is crying which he never usually does.
(b) Arliss' screams are loud, shrill, and frantic.
(c) Arliss is screaming for Travis which is unusual.
(d) Arliss is screaming about the yeller dog.
2. How bad is the wound inflicted on Travis by the hogs?
(a) It is long but not too deep.
(b) He is cut to the bone.
(c) It is a clean gash but not bleeding much.
(d) It is only a scratch.
3. What is Mama's reaction to Sanderson's first suggestion?
(a) She is insulted by the suggestion.
(b) She is angry.
(c) She accepts it.
(d) She refuses.
4. How does the first bull become wounded in the fight?
(a) The first bull is gored in the hip.
(b) The first bull has his horn ripped out.
(c) The first bull is slammed in the ribs.
(d) The first bull is slammed by the other bull's horn in the shoulder.
5. What does Papa tell Travis about what he had to do to Old Yeller?
(a) Papa says that Travis needs to stop being a cry baby.
(b) Papa says that Travis needs to forget about Old Yeller.
(c) Papa says that life is cruel and unfair sometimes.
(d) Papa says that Travis needs to toughen up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sanderson tell Travis about the plague of hydrophobia?
2. What is Little Arliss' reaction to Old Yeller?
3. Why had Papa cleared out all the brush and trees from around the cabin?
4. Why does Bud Searcy leave Lisbeth behind with Mama?
5. What is the trade that Sanderson and Little Arliss agree upon?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)