|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What game were Little Arliss and the puppy playing?
(a) They were playing ball.
(b) They were playing fetch with a stick.
(c) They were playing tug with a frayed rope.
(d) They were playing a wrestling game.
2. What do the hogs do if a blizzard is on the way?
(a) They head back to the barn.
(b) They stand in the snow until someone leads them home.
(c) They go into caves in the side of the hill.
(d) They pack leaves and dry grass into a thicket or cave and sleep in it.
3. How does the bull fight finally end?
(a) The old bull is killed.
(b) One of the bulls falls in the cart and it rolls down the hill.
(c) The bulls give up and stagger away with their wounds.
(d) Travis shoots at them.
4. What does Travis do while Mama, Lisbeth, and Old Yeller go to burn Spot?
(a) He stays at home with Little Arliss.
(b) He cooks supper for everyone.
(c) He teaches Arliss how to shoot.
(d) He reads a book to Arliss.
5. What does Mama make Arliss take out of his pockets before he goes to bed?
(a) His pennies.
(b) His tree frog.
(c) His rock collection.
(d) Grasshoppers, worms, bugs, and lizards.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mama prevent Jumper from jumping into the corn field?
2. Why does Travis keep a piece of ear from every marked pig hanging in the corn crib?
3. What does Mama ask Travis to do after he milks the cows?
4. How does Travis hide Old Yeller while he runs home to get help?
5. What are the marks that Travis makes on the hogs?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)