|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Travis terrified when he sees Old Yeller fighting a mad loafer wolf?
(a) A loafer wolf is big and savage
(b) He is afraid the wolf will go after the puppy.
(c) He is afraid the wolf will go after Mama.
(d) He is afraid the wolf will turn on him.
2. Why is Travis angry that Bud Searcy comes to visit?
(a) He tries to get on Mama's good side while Papa is away.
(b) He is a bother to Mama.
(c) He always yells at Little Arliss.
(d) He always insults Old Yeller.
3. How does Mama sew up Old Yeller's wound?
(a) She uses a piece of rawhide.
(b) She uses a hair from Jumper's tail.
(c) She uses a thread pulled from her dress.
(d) She brought her thread with her.
4. How does Travis interpret the sounds of the old bull?
(a) Travis says that the old bull is giving up his rights as leader.
(b) Travis says that the old bull is surrendering and willing to die.
(c) Travis says that the bull is bragging about being the biggest, toughest, and meanest.
(d) Travis says that the old bull is asking the younger bull to kill him.
5. How does Travis react to the pending bull fight?
(a) He blocks his ears from the sound of the bulls.
(b) He is excited and wants to see it.
(c) He can't watch because it sickens him.
(d) He feels bad for the bulls.
Short Answer Questions
1. What keeps Travis and Old Yeller busy all night long?
2. What does Papa bring home with him?
3. How does Travis feel about his new horse?
4. What is the first suggestion Sanderson gives to Mama about keeping Old Yeller?
5. Why does Sanderson get off his horse and approach Little Arliss?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)