|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Travis realize how badly he needs a dog?
(a) When Old Yeller licks him on the face.
(b) When Old Yeller follows him everywhere he goes.
(c) When he and Old Yeller are hunting together.
(d) When his spotted heifer has her first calf.
2. What does Travis' mother instruct him to do while he is doing his chores?
(a) He is to think about Little Arliss and the dog.
(b) He is to recite his numbers while he works.
(c) He is to say his prayers while he works.
(d) He is to recite his Latin verbs while he works.
3. What are the symptoms of hydrophobia?
(a) Watery eyes and lethargy.
(b) Foaming at the mouth and blind staggers.
(c) Limping and vomiting.
(d) Swollen eyes and vomiting.
4. Why can't Travis take Jumper close to the Salt Licks where he goes to hunt deer?
(a) Jumper will be attacked by a bear.
(b) It is too much of a rocky climb.
(c) Jumper is afraid of gunfire and he will scare away the game.
(d) Jumper is too old to go that far.
5. What does Papa tell Travis about what he had to do to Old Yeller?
(a) Papa says that life is cruel and unfair sometimes.
(b) Papa says that Travis needs to stop being a cry baby.
(c) Papa says that Travis needs to toughen up.
(d) Papa says that Travis needs to forget about Old Yeller.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Travis think the new, spotted heifer calf will make a good milking cow?
2. When does Travis begin to love Old Yeller?
3. What lives in one of Travis' favorite places, down in a deep canyon which is bent in the shape of a horseshoe?
4. What does Mama make with lye water and hog fat?
5. Why do the hogs, cattle, and wild animals come to the Salt Licks?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)