|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Bud Searcy left behind when all the men drive the cattle to Abilene?
(a) He doesn't have a horse.
(b) He has only one arm.
(c) He is blind.
(d) He is shiftless.
2. What does Mama ask Travis to do after he milks the cows?
(a) Read the Bible.
(b) Get Little Arliss ready for bed.
(c) Kill a doe for meat.
(d) Feed the dog.
3. How does Little Arliss take Travis by surprise?
(a) Little Arliss kicks him in the shin.
(b) Little Arliss punches him in the stomach.
(c) Little Arliss wrestles him to the ground.
(d) Little Arliss attacks him with a battling stick.
4. What does Mama wrap Little Arliss' hands in when he is finned by a fish?
(a) A poultice of prickly pear root.
(b) A cloth with iodine.
(c) A bandage of bear fat.
(d) A poultice of wet mud.
5. What is Travis' reaction to Lisbeth helping Mama with the corn?
(a) He wishes she would leave.
(b) He wants to tell her that she is useless.
(c) It hurts his pride.
(d) He's glad to be out of it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Travis react to the news about hydrophobia?
2. What does Mama use to give water to Old Yeller?
3. What does Little Arliss do to help get Old Yeller home?
4. Why do the hogs, cattle, and wild animals come to the Salt Licks?
5. What does Papa compare training the mind to handle fear with?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)