|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many cows does Travis have to milk to get enough for the family?
(b) Five or six.
2. How does Travis show his love for Old Yeller?
(a) He brushes the dog every day.
(b) He bathes him, pulls thorns from his paw, burns ticks off, and lets him sleep with him.
(c) He brings Old Yeller for long walks.
(d) He gives Old Yeller his share of the meat.
3. How does Travis get Spot to settle down so he can milk her?
(a) He ties her head and feet.
(b) He blindfolds her.
(c) He puts her into a narrow pen.
(d) He has Old Yeller stand near her.
4. What does Travis do to try and drive the bulls away from the cabin?
(a) He tosses boiling water at them.
(b) He chases them with a pitch fork.
(c) He goes after them with a bull whip.
(d) He throws rocks at them.
5. Why does Travis think the new, spotted heifer calf will make a good milking cow?
(a) It is a pretty, fat heifer.
(b) It is raw boned and ugly enough to be a good milk cow.
(c) It has the calmness of a milk cow.
(d) It is a fat and feminine calf.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Burn Sanderson tell Mama about Old Yeller?
2. What does Mama wrap Little Arliss' hands in when he is finned by a fish?
3. What advice does Sanderson give to Travis about when to shoot an animal with hydrophobia?
4. What warns the doe that Travis is nearby?
5. How does Travis propose getting Old Yeller home?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)