|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Little Arliss do to Sanderson?
(a) He begs the man to leave Old Yeller.
(b) He punches the man in the stomach.
(c) He kicks the man in the shin.
(d) He throws rocks at the man and hits his horse.
2. What did Travis see on the face of a cliff at Salt Branch that impressed him?
(a) Holes left by meteors.
(b) A shape in the cliff that looked like a man.
(c) Sharp-winged swallows had build nests on the face of the cliff that looked like honeycombs.
(d) Cave men drawings.
3. What does Travis think about Searcy's granddaughter, Lisbeth?
(a) Travis likes her because she is different than most girls.
(b) Travis thinks she is annoying.
(c) Travis thinks she is strange.
(d) Travis thinks she is bossy.
4. Why doesn't Travis want to shoot at a running deer?
(a) He knows he can't make the shot.
(b) He is afraid that he will only wound it.
(c) His rifle isn't accurate enough to make the shot.
(d) He doesn't want to scare the animals into a stampede.
5. What will the hogs do if they catch up to someone?
(a) They will turn and walk away.
(b) They will shake their tusks but then run off.
(c) They will kill their pursuer.
(d) They will back away slowly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Papa compare training the mind to handle fear with?
2. What does Mama ask Travis to do after he milks the cows?
3. What does Travis think about Old Yeller?
4. What does Sanderson tell Travis about the plague of hydrophobia?
5. Who saves Little Arliss from the attacking bear?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)