|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Travis' reaction to Old Yeller when the dog approaches him?
(a) Travis whispers to Old Yeller.
(b) Travis backs away.
(c) Travis screams at him.
(d) Travis kicked at him as hard as he could.
2. What does Travis discover as he reaches the cabin?
(a) Arliss and the yeller dog are sleeping in the hay.
(b) Arliss and the yeller dog are in the drinking water.
(c) Arliss and the yeller dog are playing ball.
(d) Arliss and the yeller dog are sharing a piece of meat.
3. What does Travis' father ask him to do while he is away?
(a) He asks Travis to fetch a neighbor to help the family.
(b) He asks Travis to keep up with his school work.
(c) He asks Travis to take care of the family and act like a man.
(d) He asks Travis to go to neighbors and work for food.
4. What is the first thing Travis does when he reaches the Salt Licks?
(a) He checks for deer prints in the mud.
(b) He sits with the wind blowing across his back.
(c) He determines which way the wind is blowing.
(d) He climbs a tree and watches for deer.
5. How does Travis know that he is near the hogs?
(a) He hears Old Yeller baying.
(b) He sees a cougar watching from a high cliff.
(c) He sees and eagle circling.
(d) He hears the hogs squealing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Travis doing when he hears Little Arliss screaming?
2. What does Old Yeller do while Mama stitches his wound?
3. What does Papa compare training the mind to handle fear with?
4. When do the hogs become the most vicious?
5. What does Travis' mother instruct him to do while he is doing his chores?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)