|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Bud Searcy left behind when all the men drive the cattle to Abilene?
(a) He is blind.
(b) He has only one arm.
(c) He is shiftless.
(d) He doesn't have a horse.
2. What does Mama ask Travis to do after he milks the cows?
(a) Kill a doe for meat.
(b) Get Little Arliss ready for bed.
(c) Feed the dog.
(d) Read the Bible.
3. What does Mama make Arliss take out of his pockets before he goes to bed?
(a) His pennies.
(b) Grasshoppers, worms, bugs, and lizards.
(c) His rock collection.
(d) His tree frog.
4. What does Mama say about Old Yeller?
(a) She says that the dog is sick.
(b) She says that the dog has to go.
(c) She says that the dog needs some food.
(d) She says that the dog can stay.
5. What advice does Sanderson give to Travis about when to shoot an animal with hydrophobia?
(a) Shoot anything that is acting unnatural.
(b) Shoot only wild animals, not pets.
(c) Shoot any animal he comes across until the hydrophobia is gone.
(d) Shoot the animal after it tries to bite.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Arliss do when Travis yells at him?
2. What does Travis see that makes him think Old Yeller is dead?
3. What fills Travis with terror when he goes back to find Old Yeller?
4. What does Travis notice about Old Yeller when he first sees the dog?
5. What sound do the bulls make that are looking for a fight outside the family's cabin?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)