|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What lives in one of Travis' favorite places, down in a deep canyon which is bent in the shape of a horseshoe?
(a) Hundreds of prairie dogs.
(b) Hundreds of sharp-winged swallows.
(c) Hundreds of long-shanked herons.
(d) Hundreds of snakes, laying their eggs.
2. What is the first thing Travis does when he reaches the Salt Licks?
(a) He sits with the wind blowing across his back.
(b) He climbs a tree and watches for deer.
(c) He determines which way the wind is blowing.
(d) He checks for deer prints in the mud.
3. What does Arliss start catching after Old Yeller arrives?
(a) Rabbits, moles, and mice.
(b) Copperhead snakes.
(c) Possum and skunks.
(d) Rabbits, birds, possum, and other small game.
4. What does Old Yeller do to keep the heifer from charging at Travis?
(a) He nips at the heifer's heels.
(b) He jumps on the heifer's back.
(c) He jumps up and sets his teeth in the heifer's ear.
(d) He sets his teeth into the heifer's nose and flips her over.
5. What does Travis discover as he reaches the cabin?
(a) Arliss and the yeller dog are sharing a piece of meat.
(b) Arliss and the yeller dog are sleeping in the hay.
(c) Arliss and the yeller dog are in the drinking water.
(d) Arliss and the yeller dog are playing ball.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a strange varmit stealing from the people in the settlement?
2. Why is Travis glad that he missed a bunch of pigs back at bat cave country?
3. How does Little Arliss take Travis by surprise?
4. What does Old Yeller do while Mama stitches his wound?
5. Why had Papa cleared out all the brush and trees from around the cabin?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)