|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Travis begin to love Old Yeller?
(a) He begins to love the dog when the dog gets sick.
(b) He begins to love the dog when Arliss asks him to.
(c) He begins to love the dog when the dog crawls into his bed.
(d) He begins to love the dog after the bear attack.
2. Why does Travis keep a piece of ear from every marked pig hanging in the corn crib?
(a) He keeps the ears to show Papa when he comes home.
(b) He keeps the ears as trophies.
(c) He keeps the ears to make a necklace.
(d) He keeps the ears so he can get an accurate count of how many pigs there are.
3. What does Old Yeller do when the bear slaps him head over heels?
(a) He staggers into the bushes.
(b) He crawls away.
(c) He charges again.
(d) He lies on the ground.
4. How does Travis' family come to get Old Yeller?
(a) A friend gives the dog as a gift.
(b) They buy him from a neighbor.
(c) They win the dog at the country fair.
(d) The dog wanders to their cabin.
5. How bad is the wound inflicted on Travis by the hogs?
(a) It is only a scratch.
(b) It is long but not too deep.
(c) It is a clean gash but not bleeding much.
(d) He is cut to the bone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mama ask Travis to do after he milks the cows?
2. What type of dogs do most of the settlers own?
3. What does Travis think about as he and Old Yeller lie out under the stars?
4. Where does Travis' family keep their hogs and cattle?
5. What is Travis' reaction to Old Yeller when the dog approaches him?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)