|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sanderson get off his horse and approach Little Arliss?
(a) He asks Little Arliss if he wants a puppy instead.
(b) He slaps Little Arliss for his temper tantrum.
(c) He asks Little Arliss if he wants to keep the dog.
(d) He tells Little Arliss he is acting like a baby.
2. When do Mama, Travis, and Little Arliss finally make it home with Old Yeller?
(a) They get home the next morning.
(b) They get home at midnight.
(c) They get home before it gets dark.
(d) They get home just as it gets dark.
3. Where does Travis' family keep their hogs and cattle?
(a) They keep them in a fenced pasture.
(b) They keep then in a barn.
(c) They keep them in a lean to.
(d) They are loose on the range.
4. How does Travis' family come to get Old Yeller?
(a) A friend gives the dog as a gift.
(b) They buy him from a neighbor.
(c) The dog wanders to their cabin.
(d) They win the dog at the country fair.
5. Why is Travis glad that he missed a bunch of pigs back at bat cave country?
(a) It teaches him to be more of a man.
(b) Lisbeth will be impressed with his bravery.
(c) He gets to hunt pigs rather than gather corn.
(d) He gets to spend time away from Little Arliss.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mama make Arliss take out of his pockets before he goes to bed?
2. Why doesn't Searcy go into the house when Mama invites him?
3. How many cows does Travis have to milk to get enough for the family?
4. How does Travis get Spot to settle down so he can milk her?
5. What are the marks that Travis makes on the hogs?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)