|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Travis doing when he hears Little Arliss screaming?
(a) He is fishing.
(b) He is hanging the meat.
(c) He is hunting.
(d) He is splitting logs.
2. Where do Mama, Little Arliss, and Travis sit to see the bull fight?
(a) On the split-rail fence.
(b) At the cabin window.
(c) On the grassy knoll.
(d) On the cabin steps.
3. What does Mama make with lye water and hog fat?
(a) Bug repellant.
(d) Antiseptic cream.
4. How does Travis show his love for Old Yeller?
(a) He bathes him, pulls thorns from his paw, burns ticks off, and lets him sleep with him.
(b) He brings Old Yeller for long walks.
(c) He brushes the dog every day.
(d) He gives Old Yeller his share of the meat.
5. What keeps Travis and Old Yeller busy all night long?
(a) Chasing a coyote away from the hen house.
(b) Chasing away coons, skunks, and coyotes from the garden.
(c) Keeping a bear away from the cabin.
(d) Preventing a cougar from attacking the sheep.
Short Answer Questions
1. What warns the doe that Travis is nearby?
2. What does Arliss do when Travis yells at him?
3. What does Old Yeller do when he hears the bulls start to fight?
4. What does Travis decide to do about Old Yeller?
5. What do the Mexicans call a bull with a horn that hangs down past his jaw?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)