|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Old Yeller save Travis from the hogs?
(a) He chases the hogs away from Travis.
(b) The hogs back away from the snarls of Old Yeller.
(c) He goes after them in a roaring rage.
(d) He drags Travis away from the hogs.
2. What do the Mexicans call a bull with a horn that hangs down past his jaw?
(a) A droop horn.
(b) A loop horn.
(c) A scoop horn.
(d) A moon horn.
3. How does Travis feel about marking the hogs?
(a) He is terrified and tries to find a way out of it.
(b) He is afraid but knows he has to do it.
(c) He is looking forward to it.
(d) He thinks it's a tedious job.
4. What is the trade that Sanderson and Little Arliss agree upon?
(a) Sanderson gives Old Yeller to Arliss for a home cooked meal.
(b) Sanderson gives Old Yeller to Arliss for a pair of Papa's boots.
(c) Sanderson gives Old Yeller to Arliss for the mule, Jumper.
(d) Sanderson gives Old Yeller to Arliss for a sack of corn meal.
5. How does Travis' family come to get Old Yeller?
(a) They buy him from a neighbor.
(b) They win the dog at the country fair.
(c) The dog wanders to their cabin.
(d) A friend gives the dog as a gift.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Travis react to the pending bull fight?
2. Why can't Travis sleep on the night that Sanderson tells him about hydrophobia?
3. What are the best times to go to the Salt Licks to hunt?
4. What does Mama make with lye water and hog fat?
5. What does Travis do to try to prevent Old Yeller from roaming at night?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)