|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Old Yeller do to keep the heifer from charging at Travis?
(a) He jumps up and sets his teeth in the heifer's ear.
(b) He nips at the heifer's heels.
(c) He sets his teeth into the heifer's nose and flips her over.
(d) He jumps on the heifer's back.
2. How does Travis react to the pending bull fight?
(a) He feels bad for the bulls.
(b) He is excited and wants to see it.
(c) He blocks his ears from the sound of the bulls.
(d) He can't watch because it sickens him.
3. What does Travis have to do to the hogs to be able to tell them apart from the neighbor's hogs?
(a) He brands them.
(b) He tattoos their ears.
(c) He cuts their tails.
(d) He has to catch them and mark them.
4. When does Travis begin to love Old Yeller?
(a) He begins to love the dog when the dog crawls into his bed.
(b) He begins to love the dog after the bear attack.
(c) He begins to love the dog when the dog gets sick.
(d) He begins to love the dog when Arliss asks him to.
5. Why does Little Arliss want to keep Old Yeller?
(a) He's never had a dog of his own.
(b) He wants a dog to sleep with.
(c) He wants to teach the dog to hunt rabbits.
(d) He wants a dog to protect him from Travis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the color of the two bulls?
2. What are the symptoms of hydrophobia?
3. Who named Birdsong Creek?
4. Why do the hogs, cattle, and wild animals come to the Salt Licks?
5. What is Mama's reaction to Sanderson's first suggestion?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)