|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mama's reaction to Sanderson's first suggestion?
(a) She refuses.
(b) She is angry.
(c) She is insulted by the suggestion.
(d) She accepts it.
2. What is the trade that Sanderson and Little Arliss agree upon?
(a) Sanderson gives Old Yeller to Arliss for a pair of Papa's boots.
(b) Sanderson gives Old Yeller to Arliss for a home cooked meal.
(c) Sanderson gives Old Yeller to Arliss for the mule, Jumper.
(d) Sanderson gives Old Yeller to Arliss for a sack of corn meal.
3. Why is Travis' father leaving the family for months?
(a) He is going East to school.
(b) He is driving cattle to Abilene.
(c) He is working as a field hand in Abilene.
(d) He is going East to care for his dying mother.
4. What changes Travis' mind about keeping the yeller dog as he rides to the cabin?
(a) He feels proud of himself and figures he can put up with the dog.
(b) He feels sorry for the starving yeller dog.
(c) He likes the yeller dog after all.
(d) He knows Arliss really wants the dog.
5. Where do Mama, Little Arliss, and Travis sit to see the bull fight?
(a) At the cabin window.
(b) On the split-rail fence.
(c) On the cabin steps.
(d) On the grassy knoll.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Travis know that Little Arliss is in trouble?
2. What does Old Yeller do when Travis reaches for him?
3. What is the solution Travis comes up with that finally keeps Old Yeller at home during the night?
4. How does Travis' family come to get Old Yeller?
5. Where does Travis' family keep their hogs and cattle?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)