|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does Lisbeth tell Travis about her dog, Miss Prissy?
(a) Miss Prissy won first prize in at the fair.
(b) Miss Prissy is sick and dying.
(c) Miss Prissy is going to have Old Yeller's puppies.
(d) Miss Prissy is a purebread fox hound.
2. What are the best times to go to the Salt Licks to hunt?
(a) Early morning and mid-afternoon.
(b) Early morning and late evening.
(c) Mid-afternoon and sunset.
(d) Mid-afternoon and late evening.
3. What does Mama say about Old Yeller?
(a) She says that the dog needs some food.
(b) She says that the dog can stay.
(c) She says that the dog has to go.
(d) She says that the dog is sick.
4. What does Old Yeller do while Mama stitches his wound?
(a) He growls and bares his teeth.
(b) He thrashes about and Travis has to hold him down.
(c) He passes out.
(d) He just lays there and licks Travis' hand.
5. What does Arliss do when Travis yells at him?
(a) Arliss sics the yeller dog on Travis.
(b) Arliss runs after Travis and kicks him.
(c) Arliss throws a rock at Travis.
(d) Arliss runs away and hides.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Arliss start catching after Old Yeller arrives?
2. What is the condition of Travis' wound by the time they arrive home?
3. What disease does Bud Searcy hope does not spread throughout the settlement before the men get back?
4. What keeps Travis and Old Yeller busy all night long?
5. What does Mama use to give water to Old Yeller?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)