|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Travis see on the face of a cliff at Salt Branch that impressed him?
(a) Holes left by meteors.
(b) A shape in the cliff that looked like a man.
(c) Cave men drawings.
(d) Sharp-winged swallows had build nests on the face of the cliff that looked like honeycombs.
2. Who saves Little Arliss from the attacking bear?
(c) Old Yeller.
3. What does Arliss do when Travis yells at him?
(a) Arliss sics the yeller dog on Travis.
(b) Arliss throws a rock at Travis.
(c) Arliss runs away and hides.
(d) Arliss runs after Travis and kicks him.
4. What is Travis doing when he hears Little Arliss screaming?
(a) He is splitting logs.
(b) He is hunting.
(c) He is hanging the meat.
(d) He is fishing.
5. What news does Lisbeth tell Travis about her dog, Miss Prissy?
(a) Miss Prissy is sick and dying.
(b) Miss Prissy is going to have Old Yeller's puppies.
(c) Miss Prissy is a purebread fox hound.
(d) Miss Prissy won first prize in at the fair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Old Yeller's reaction to the bear attack once they are all back in the cabin?
2. Why does Sanderson get off his horse and approach Little Arliss?
3. What does Mama say about Old Yeller?
4. What sound do the bulls make that are looking for a fight outside the family's cabin?
5. Why does the mother bear come running to attack Little Arliss?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)