|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Little Arliss want to keep Old Yeller?
(a) He wants a dog to sleep with.
(b) He's never had a dog of his own.
(c) He wants to teach the dog to hunt rabbits.
(d) He wants a dog to protect him from Travis.
2. How does Travis react to the pending bull fight?
(a) He can't watch because it sickens him.
(b) He is excited and wants to see it.
(c) He blocks his ears from the sound of the bulls.
(d) He feels bad for the bulls.
3. Where does Travis' family keep their hogs and cattle?
(a) They keep then in a barn.
(b) They keep them in a fenced pasture.
(c) They are loose on the range.
(d) They keep them in a lean to.
4. How does Travis hide Old Yeller while he runs home to get help?
(a) Travis covers him with branches.
(b) Travis pushes him under an overhanging rock and covers the opening with a mesquite stump.
(c) Travis pushes him into a cave.
(d) Travis digs a hole and places Old Yeller in it.
5. What does Old Yeller do when he hears the bulls start to fight?
(a) He cowers in the corner of the cabin.
(b) He hides behind Arliss.
(c) He charges at them, trying to chase them away.
(d) He runs away into the hills.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Travis react to the news about hydrophobia?
2. What does Mama make Arliss take out of his pockets before he goes to bed?
3. What do the hogs do if a blizzard is on the way?
4. What does Old Yeller do to keep the heifer from charging at Travis?
5. What does Travis do to try to prevent Old Yeller from roaming at night?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)