|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the hogs do if a blizzard is on the way?
(a) They pack leaves and dry grass into a thicket or cave and sleep in it.
(b) They stand in the snow until someone leads them home.
(c) They head back to the barn.
(d) They go into caves in the side of the hill.
2. Why does the mother bear come running to attack Little Arliss?
(a) Arliss threw a rock at her.
(b) Arliss threw a rock at her cub.
(c) Arliss wandered into her den.
(d) Arliss is holding her bear cub by the leg.
3. How does Travis know that Little Arliss is in trouble?
(a) Arliss is crying which he never usually does.
(b) Arliss' screams are loud, shrill, and frantic.
(c) Arliss is screaming for Travis which is unusual.
(d) Arliss is screaming about the yeller dog.
4. What does Travis ask his father for before he leaves?
(a) A horse.
(b) A Bowie knife.
(c) A dog.
(d) A new rifle.
5. What do the Mexicans call a bull with a horn that hangs down past his jaw?
(a) A loop horn.
(b) A droop horn.
(c) A moon horn.
(d) A scoop horn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mama tell Little Arliss to do as she is about to remove Old Yeller's bandage?
2. Why can't Travis take Jumper close to the Salt Licks where he goes to hunt deer?
3. When do the hogs become the most vicious?
4. How does Mama clean Travis' wound?
5. What does Mama use to give water to Old Yeller?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)