|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the hogs do if a blizzard is on the way?
(a) They pack leaves and dry grass into a thicket or cave and sleep in it.
(b) They head back to the barn.
(c) They go into caves in the side of the hill.
(d) They stand in the snow until someone leads them home.
2. What did Travis see on the face of a cliff at Salt Branch that impressed him?
(a) Sharp-winged swallows had build nests on the face of the cliff that looked like honeycombs.
(b) Cave men drawings.
(c) A shape in the cliff that looked like a man.
(d) Holes left by meteors.
3. What news does Searcy bring to Travis, Little Arliss, and Mama?
(a) He tells them that the cows are going dry and the gardens are failing around the settlement.
(b) He tells them that Jed Simpson shot a turkey.
(c) He tells them that Rosal shot a fox.
(d) He tells them that the men will be home in a few days.
4. What does Mama prepare for supper after Old Yeller arrives?
(a) Beef stew.
(b) Buttermilk biscuits.
(c) Hotcakes and honey.
(d) Corn meal mush.
5. What does Arliss start catching after Old Yeller arrives?
(a) Copperhead snakes.
(b) Possum and skunks.
(c) Rabbits, birds, possum, and other small game.
(d) Rabbits, moles, and mice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes the hogs under Travis' limb go wild with anger.
2. How does Old Yeller save Travis from the hogs?
3. How does Travis react to the news about hydrophobia?
4. What does Travis have to do to the hogs to be able to tell them apart from the neighbor's hogs?
5. What changes Travis' mind about keeping the yeller dog as he rides to the cabin?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)