|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Travis run off when the trade is made between Arliss and Sanderson?
(a) Travis wants a puppy.
(b) Travis doesn't want Sanderson to see him cry.
(c) Travis doesn't want to spend any time with Sanderson.
(d) Travis is angry that the trade is made with Arliss and not him.
2. What does Arliss start catching after Old Yeller arrives?
(a) Copperhead snakes.
(b) Possum and skunks.
(c) Rabbits, birds, possum, and other small game.
(d) Rabbits, moles, and mice.
3. Why can't Travis take Jumper close to the Salt Licks where he goes to hunt deer?
(a) Jumper is afraid of gunfire and he will scare away the game.
(b) Jumper will be attacked by a bear.
(c) It is too much of a rocky climb.
(d) Jumper is too old to go that far.
4. What do the hogs do if a blizzard is on the way?
(a) They pack leaves and dry grass into a thicket or cave and sleep in it.
(b) They go into caves in the side of the hill.
(c) They head back to the barn.
(d) They stand in the snow until someone leads them home.
5. Why does Sanderson get off his horse and approach Little Arliss?
(a) He slaps Little Arliss for his temper tantrum.
(b) He asks Little Arliss if he wants a puppy instead.
(c) He asks Little Arliss if he wants to keep the dog.
(d) He tells Little Arliss he is acting like a baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Arliss do when Travis yells at him?
2. What makes the hogs under Travis' limb go wild with anger.
3. What is the condition of Travis' wound by the time they arrive home?
4. How many cows does Travis have to milk to get enough for the family?
5. What changes Travis' mind about keeping the yeller dog as he rides to the cabin?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)