|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the color of the two bulls?
(a) One of the bulls is a red roan and the other is black.
(b) One of the bulls is black and the other is gray with spots.
(c) One of the bulls is a mustard color and the other is black.
(d) One of the bulls is a mustard color and the other is a red roan.
2. Why does Travis think the new, spotted heifer calf will make a good milking cow?
(a) It is a fat and feminine calf.
(b) It is a pretty, fat heifer.
(c) It has the calmness of a milk cow.
(d) It is raw boned and ugly enough to be a good milk cow.
3. What is the trade that Sanderson and Little Arliss agree upon?
(a) Sanderson gives Old Yeller to Arliss for a home cooked meal.
(b) Sanderson gives Old Yeller to Arliss for a sack of corn meal.
(c) Sanderson gives Old Yeller to Arliss for the mule, Jumper.
(d) Sanderson gives Old Yeller to Arliss for a pair of Papa's boots.
4. What is Old Yeller's reaction when he is sprayed by a skunk?
(a) He snorts, drools, and vomits.
(b) He rolls in the dirt, and then jumps in the pond.
(c) It doesn't seem to bother him.
(d) He digs a deep hole and lays in it.
5. What is the first thing Travis does when he reaches the Salt Licks?
(a) He climbs a tree and watches for deer.
(b) He sits with the wind blowing across his back.
(c) He checks for deer prints in the mud.
(d) He determines which way the wind is blowing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Travis want to shoot at a running deer?
2. What does Travis think about as he and Old Yeller lie out under the stars?
3. What does Travis notice about Old Yeller when he first sees the dog?
4. How does Travis' family come to get Old Yeller?
5. Why does Sanderson get off his horse and approach Little Arliss?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)