|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Travis when he falls into the killer hogs?
(a) A slashing tusk catches him in the calf of his right leg.
(b) A bar' hog bites his foot.
(c) A hog grabs him by his angle.
(d) The pigs jump on top of him.
2. How does Travis know that Little Arliss is in trouble?
(a) Arliss is screaming about the yeller dog.
(b) Arliss is screaming for Travis which is unusual.
(c) Arliss is crying which he never usually does.
(d) Arliss' screams are loud, shrill, and frantic.
3. What does Arliss do when Travis yells at him?
(a) Arliss sics the yeller dog on Travis.
(b) Arliss throws a rock at Travis.
(c) Arliss runs away and hides.
(d) Arliss runs after Travis and kicks him.
4. What did Travis see on the face of a cliff at Salt Branch that impressed him?
(a) Sharp-winged swallows had build nests on the face of the cliff that looked like honeycombs.
(b) A shape in the cliff that looked like a man.
(c) Holes left by meteors.
(d) Cave men drawings.
5. What do the hogs do if a blizzard is on the way?
(a) They head back to the barn.
(b) They pack leaves and dry grass into a thicket or cave and sleep in it.
(c) They stand in the snow until someone leads them home.
(d) They go into caves in the side of the hill.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Travis show his love for Old Yeller?
2. When do the hogs become the most vicious?
3. Why does Travis think the new, spotted heifer calf will make a good milking cow?
4. What is Little Arliss' reaction to Old Yeller?
5. Why does Little Arliss want to keep Old Yeller?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)