|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Travis think about as he and Old Yeller lie out under the stars?
(a) He thinks about how lucky he is to have a brother like Little Arliss.
(b) He wonders if his father can see the same stars in Kansas.
(c) He thinks about what a wonderful dog Old Yeller is.
(d) He thinks about the day when he will have a ranch of his own.
2. What does Travis have to do to the hogs to be able to tell them apart from the neighbor's hogs?
(a) He brands them.
(b) He cuts their tails.
(c) He tattoos their ears.
(d) He has to catch them and mark them.
3. What warns the doe that Travis is nearby?
(a) He scratches his ear.
(b) He sneezes.
(c) He stretches out his leg.
(d) He laughs at a squirrel.
4. How does Little Arliss act when Travis takes him squirrel hunting?
(a) Arliss is as quiet as a mouse.
(b) Arliss turns out to be a good hunter.
(c) Arliss is noisy and pesky.
(d) Arliss is talented at tracking game.
5. What does Old Yeller do when Travis sic's him on the bulls?
(a) He attacks the bulls.
(b) He circles the bulls, howling.
(c) He leaps onto the back of one of the bulls.
(d) He runs away into the woods.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Travis do to try to prevent Old Yeller from roaming at night?
2. What does Old Yeller do to keep the heifer from charging at Travis?
3. What does Mama say about Old Yeller?
4. What sound does Travis recognize that he has heard only once before?
5. How does Mama clean Travis' wound?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)