|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Mexicans call a bull with a horn that hangs down past his jaw?
(a) A droop horn.
(b) A scoop horn.
(c) A moon horn.
(d) A loop horn.
2. Why doesn't Travis want to shoot a javelina hog?
(a) He thinks they are funny little creatures.
(b) They are no good for eating.
(c) When one javelina hog gets shot, the whole bunch will attack.
(d) They are not big enough to feed the family.
3. How does Travis react to the news about hydrophobia?
(a) He doesn't think it is anything to be concerned about.
(b) He is scared and mixed up about the danger.
(c) He thinks Sanderson is overreacting.
(d) He thinks Sanderson is lying about it.
4. Why is it hard for a dog to fight with a boar coon?
(a) The boar coon usually hides in thorn bushes.
(b) The boar coon is fast and agile.
(c) The boar coon fights with the courage of an animal five times its size.
(d) The boar coon is smarter than any dog.
5. How does the first bull become wounded in the fight?
(a) The first bull is slammed in the ribs.
(b) The first bull is slammed by the other bull's horn in the shoulder.
(c) The first bull is gored in the hip.
(d) The first bull has his horn ripped out.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Travis want to shoot at a running deer?
2. How does Travis get Spot to settle down so he can milk her?
3. What fills Travis with terror when he goes back to find Old Yeller?
4. What is the first thing Travis does when he reaches the Salt Licks?
5. What disease does Bud Searcy hope does not spread throughout the settlement before the men get back?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)