|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Travis do to Jumper when he decides he doesn't want to plow anymore?
(a) He pulls Jumper by the reins.
(b) He kicks Jumper in the rump.
(c) He hits Jumper across the jaw with a club.
(d) He lures Jumper back to the field with an apple.
2. Why doesn't Searcy go into the house when Mama invites him?
(a) He says that he would rather sit in the dog run.
(b) He says that the house smell like the old dog.
(c) He says that he didn't come for a social call.
(d) He says that he doesn't feel at ease in the house.
3. Why doesn't Travis want to shoot a javelina hog?
(a) They are no good for eating.
(b) He thinks they are funny little creatures.
(c) When one javelina hog gets shot, the whole bunch will attack.
(d) They are not big enough to feed the family.
4. What does Travis notice about Old Yeller when he first sees the dog?
(a) The dog is lame.
(b) The dog is injured.
(c) The dog is fat.
(d) The dog is starving.
5. Why does Little Arliss want to keep Old Yeller?
(a) He wants a dog to protect him from Travis.
(b) He wants a dog to sleep with.
(c) He's never had a dog of his own.
(d) He wants to teach the dog to hunt rabbits.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Travis' mother instruct him to do while he is doing his chores?
2. What does Mama wrap Little Arliss' hands in when he is finned by a fish?
3. Why had Papa cleared out all the brush and trees from around the cabin?
4. What is Little Arliss' reaction to Old Yeller?
5. How does Travis know that Little Arliss is in trouble?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)