|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Travis' father ask him to do while he is away?
(a) He asks Travis to keep up with his school work.
(b) He asks Travis to go to neighbors and work for food.
(c) He asks Travis to fetch a neighbor to help the family.
(d) He asks Travis to take care of the family and act like a man.
2. What does Arliss start catching after Old Yeller arrives?
(a) Copperhead snakes.
(b) Rabbits, moles, and mice.
(c) Possum and skunks.
(d) Rabbits, birds, possum, and other small game.
3. Why is Travis' father leaving the family for months?
(a) He is working as a field hand in Abilene.
(b) He is driving cattle to Abilene.
(c) He is going East to care for his dying mother.
(d) He is going East to school.
4. What sound do the bulls make that are looking for a fight outside the family's cabin?
(a) They snort quietly.
(b) They quietly moan.
(c) They raise their voices in a wild, brassy blare.
(d) They squeal like pigs.
5. Why can't Travis take Jumper close to the Salt Licks where he goes to hunt deer?
(a) Jumper will be attacked by a bear.
(b) Jumper is afraid of gunfire and he will scare away the game.
(c) Jumper is too old to go that far.
(d) It is too much of a rocky climb.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of dogs do most of the settlers own?
2. What is Old Yeller's reaction to the bear attack once they are all back in the cabin?
3. Why doesn't Searcy go into the house when Mama invites him?
4. What does Mama make Arliss take out of his pockets before he goes to bed?
5. What are the best times to go to the Salt Licks to hunt?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)