|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Travis' mother instruct him to do while he is doing his chores?
(a) He is to think about Little Arliss and the dog.
(b) He is to recite his numbers while he works.
(c) He is to say his prayers while he works.
(d) He is to recite his Latin verbs while he works.
2. What does Travis notice about Old Yeller when he first sees the dog?
(a) The dog is lame.
(b) The dog is fat.
(c) The dog is starving.
(d) The dog is injured.
3. Why is Travis concerned about being the man of the family?
(a) He is afraid to take on the responsibility.
(b) He doesn't feel confident enough.
(c) He just wants to be a boy.
(d) He is concerned because no one listens to what he says or thinks.
4. What does Travis do to try and drive the bulls away from the cabin?
(a) He chases them with a pitch fork.
(b) He goes after them with a bull whip.
(c) He throws rocks at them.
(d) He tosses boiling water at them.
5. What warns the doe that Travis is nearby?
(a) He scratches his ear.
(b) He sneezes.
(c) He stretches out his leg.
(d) He laughs at a squirrel.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Little Arliss take Travis by surprise?
2. Why does the mother bear come running to attack Little Arliss?
3. How does Little Arliss act when Travis takes him squirrel hunting?
4. What sound does Travis recognize that he has heard only once before?
5. How does Travis' dog, Bell, die?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)