|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Travis decide to do about Old Yeller?
(a) Teach him to hunt.
(b) Make friends with him.
(c) Find a way to get rid of him.
(d) Obedience train him.
2. Why does Little Arliss want to keep Old Yeller?
(a) He wants to teach the dog to hunt rabbits.
(b) He wants a dog to protect him from Travis.
(c) He's never had a dog of his own.
(d) He wants a dog to sleep with.
3. What does Travis' mother instruct him to do while he is doing his chores?
(a) He is to think about Little Arliss and the dog.
(b) He is to recite his numbers while he works.
(c) He is to say his prayers while he works.
(d) He is to recite his Latin verbs while he works.
4. Who does Lisbeth say she saw stealing from the settlement?
(b) A bobcat.
(c) A coyote.
(d) Old Yeller.
5. What does Mama make with lye water and hog fat?
(a) Bug repellant.
(c) Antiseptic cream.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mama wrap Little Arliss' hands in when he is finned by a fish?
2. What are all Texans short of now that the Civil War is over?
3. What does Mama ask Travis to do after he milks the cows?
4. What does Travis ask his father for before he leaves?
5. What does Old Yeller do when he hears the bulls start to fight?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)