|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What warns the doe that Travis is nearby?
(a) He sneezes.
(b) He laughs at a squirrel.
(c) He stretches out his leg.
(d) He scratches his ear.
2. What does Arliss do when Travis yells at him?
(a) Arliss sics the yeller dog on Travis.
(b) Arliss runs after Travis and kicks him.
(c) Arliss throws a rock at Travis.
(d) Arliss runs away and hides.
3. What does Old Yeller do when he hears the bulls start to fight?
(a) He charges at them, trying to chase them away.
(b) He cowers in the corner of the cabin.
(c) He hides behind Arliss.
(d) He runs away into the hills.
4. What news does Searcy bring to Travis, Little Arliss, and Mama?
(a) He tells them that Jed Simpson shot a turkey.
(b) He tells them that the cows are going dry and the gardens are failing around the settlement.
(c) He tells them that the men will be home in a few days.
(d) He tells them that Rosal shot a fox.
5. How does the first bull become wounded in the fight?
(a) The first bull has his horn ripped out.
(b) The first bull is slammed by the other bull's horn in the shoulder.
(c) The first bull is gored in the hip.
(d) The first bull is slammed in the ribs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Travis discover as he reaches the cabin?
2. Why can't Travis take Jumper close to the Salt Licks where he goes to hunt deer?
3. What does Travis decide to do about Old Yeller?
4. How does the bull fight finally end?
5. Why doesn't Travis want to shoot at a running deer?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)