|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the best times to go to the Salt Licks to hunt?
(a) Mid-afternoon and late evening.
(b) Early morning and late evening.
(c) Mid-afternoon and sunset.
(d) Early morning and mid-afternoon.
2. Why is Travis concerned about being the man of the family?
(a) He is concerned because no one listens to what he says or thinks.
(b) He just wants to be a boy.
(c) He doesn't feel confident enough.
(d) He is afraid to take on the responsibility.
3. Why does Little Arliss cry when his father goes away?
(a) He just got stung by a bee.
(b) He wants to go too.
(c) He doesn't want to stay with his mother.
(d) He will miss his father.
4. Who saves Little Arliss from the attacking bear?
(b) Old Yeller.
5. Why can't Travis take Jumper close to the Salt Licks where he goes to hunt deer?
(a) Jumper is afraid of gunfire and he will scare away the game.
(b) Jumper is too old to go that far.
(c) Jumper will be attacked by a bear.
(d) It is too much of a rocky climb.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Travis begin to love Old Yeller?
2. How does the first bull become wounded in the fight?
3. Why is Bud Searcy left behind when all the men drive the cattle to Abilene?
4. How does Little Arliss take Travis by surprise?
5. What changes Travis' mind about keeping the yeller dog as he rides to the cabin?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)