|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Travis' family come to get Old Yeller?
(a) They buy him from a neighbor.
(b) The dog wanders to their cabin.
(c) A friend gives the dog as a gift.
(d) They win the dog at the country fair.
2. Why doesn't Travis want to shoot at a running deer?
(a) He knows he can't make the shot.
(b) He is afraid that he will only wound it.
(c) His rifle isn't accurate enough to make the shot.
(d) He doesn't want to scare the animals into a stampede.
3. What does Old Yeller do when the bear slaps him head over heels?
(a) He lies on the ground.
(b) He charges again.
(c) He staggers into the bushes.
(d) He crawls away.
4. What does Travis compare Little Arliss' screaming to?
(a) Squealing pigs.
(b) Wild boars.
(c) Hungry babies.
(d) Comanches scalping him.
5. How does the bull fight finally end?
(a) The old bull is killed.
(b) One of the bulls falls in the cart and it rolls down the hill.
(c) The bulls give up and stagger away with their wounds.
(d) Travis shoots at them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the hogs, cattle, and wild animals come to the Salt Licks?
2. What warns the doe that Travis is nearby?
3. Who named Birdsong Creek?
4. How does Travis know that Little Arliss is in trouble?
5. How does Little Arliss take Travis by surprise?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)