|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the bull fight finally end?
(a) The bulls give up and stagger away with their wounds.
(b) One of the bulls falls in the cart and it rolls down the hill.
(c) The old bull is killed.
(d) Travis shoots at them.
2. Why does the mother bear come running to attack Little Arliss?
(a) Arliss threw a rock at her.
(b) Arliss wandered into her den.
(c) Arliss is holding her bear cub by the leg.
(d) Arliss threw a rock at her cub.
3. What does Travis do to try and drive the bulls away from the cabin?
(a) He goes after them with a bull whip.
(b) He tosses boiling water at them.
(c) He chases them with a pitch fork.
(d) He throws rocks at them.
4. What does Travis' mother instruct him to do while he is doing his chores?
(a) He is to recite his Latin verbs while he works.
(b) He is to say his prayers while he works.
(c) He is to recite his numbers while he works.
(d) He is to think about Little Arliss and the dog.
5. What does Old Yeller do when he hears the bulls start to fight?
(a) He runs away into the hills.
(b) He hides behind Arliss.
(c) He charges at them, trying to chase them away.
(d) He cowers in the corner of the cabin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Travis' father ask him to do while he is away?
2. How does Travis show his love for Old Yeller?
3. How does Travis react to the pending bull fight?
4. What news does Searcy bring to Travis, Little Arliss, and Mama?
5. What does Mama make Arliss take out of his pockets before he goes to bed?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)