|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does Lisbeth tell Travis about her dog, Miss Prissy?
(a) Miss Prissy is going to have Old Yeller's puppies.
(b) Miss Prissy is sick and dying.
(c) Miss Prissy won first prize in at the fair.
(d) Miss Prissy is a purebread fox hound.
2. What does Travis' mother instruct him to do while he is doing his chores?
(a) He is to recite his numbers while he works.
(b) He is to say his prayers while he works.
(c) He is to recite his Latin verbs while he works.
(d) He is to think about Little Arliss and the dog.
3. What are the best times to go to the Salt Licks to hunt?
(a) Early morning and late evening.
(b) Mid-afternoon and sunset.
(c) Mid-afternoon and late evening.
(d) Early morning and mid-afternoon.
4. How does Little Arliss act when Travis takes him squirrel hunting?
(a) Arliss is talented at tracking game.
(b) Arliss is noisy and pesky.
(c) Arliss turns out to be a good hunter.
(d) Arliss is as quiet as a mouse.
5. Why had Papa cleared out all the brush and trees from around the cabin?
(a) He cleared the brush to cut down on the bugs.
(b) He cleared the brush in case of a fire.
(c) He cleared the brush so Mama could plant roses.
(d) He cleared the brush to get a clear shot at Comanches and Apaches.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mama say about Old Yeller?
2. What does Old Yeller do when the bear slaps him head over heels?
3. What disease does Bud Searcy hope does not spread throughout the settlement before the men get back?
4. How does Travis interpret the sounds of the old bull?
5. Who saves Little Arliss from the attacking bear?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)