|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Travis ask his father for before he leaves?
(a) A Bowie knife.
(b) A horse.
(c) A new rifle.
(d) A dog.
2. Why had Papa cleared out all the brush and trees from around the cabin?
(a) He cleared the brush in case of a fire.
(b) He cleared the brush to get a clear shot at Comanches and Apaches.
(c) He cleared the brush to cut down on the bugs.
(d) He cleared the brush so Mama could plant roses.
3. What type of dogs do most of the settlers own?
(a) Pure bred Blood Hounds.
(b) Small, quick terriers.
(c) Pure bred Coon Hounds.
(d) Big, fierce cur dogs.
4. What does Travis do to try and drive the bulls away from the cabin?
(a) He tosses boiling water at them.
(b) He throws rocks at them.
(c) He goes after them with a bull whip.
(d) He chases them with a pitch fork.
5. What news does Searcy bring to Travis, Little Arliss, and Mama?
(a) He tells them that the cows are going dry and the gardens are failing around the settlement.
(b) He tells them that the men will be home in a few days.
(c) He tells them that Jed Simpson shot a turkey.
(d) He tells them that Rosal shot a fox.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mama wrap Little Arliss' hands in when he is finned by a fish?
2. What is Little Arliss' reaction to Old Yeller?
3. How does Travis' family come to get Old Yeller?
4. How does the first bull become wounded in the fight?
5. How does Little Arliss act when Travis takes him squirrel hunting?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)