|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Travis discover as he reaches the cabin?
(a) Arliss and the yeller dog are in the drinking water.
(b) Arliss and the yeller dog are playing ball.
(c) Arliss and the yeller dog are sleeping in the hay.
(d) Arliss and the yeller dog are sharing a piece of meat.
2. What does Travis think about Old Yeller?
(a) He thinks the dog is a purebred.
(b) He thinks the dog is stupid.
(c) He thinks the dog is smart but he doesn't want him.
(d) He thinks the dog is vicious.
3. What does Old Yeller do when the bear slaps him head over heels?
(a) He lies on the ground.
(b) He charges again.
(c) He crawls away.
(d) He staggers into the bushes.
4. Why is Bud Searcy left behind when all the men drive the cattle to Abilene?
(a) He is blind.
(b) He doesn't have a horse.
(c) He has only one arm.
(d) He is shiftless.
5. Who saves Little Arliss from the attacking bear?
(a) Old Yeller.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who named Birdsong Creek?
2. Why do the hogs, cattle, and wild animals come to the Salt Licks?
3. What warns the doe that Travis is nearby?
4. What news does Lisbeth tell Travis about her dog, Miss Prissy?
5. Why does Little Arliss want to keep Old Yeller?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)