|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Travis' mother instruct him to do while he is doing his chores?
(a) He is to recite his Latin verbs while he works.
(b) He is to think about Little Arliss and the dog.
(c) He is to recite his numbers while he works.
(d) He is to say his prayers while he works.
2. What is the first thing Travis does when he reaches the Salt Licks?
(a) He climbs a tree and watches for deer.
(b) He checks for deer prints in the mud.
(c) He determines which way the wind is blowing.
(d) He sits with the wind blowing across his back.
3. How does Travis know that Little Arliss is in trouble?
(a) Arliss is screaming about the yeller dog.
(b) Arliss is screaming for Travis which is unusual.
(c) Arliss is crying which he never usually does.
(d) Arliss' screams are loud, shrill, and frantic.
4. What is a strange varmit stealing from the people in the settlement?
(c) Meat, eggs, and cornbread.
(d) Flour and eggs.
5. What do the Mexicans call a bull with a horn that hangs down past his jaw?
(a) A moon horn.
(b) A droop horn.
(c) A scoop horn.
(d) A loop horn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mama ask Travis to do after he milks the cows?
2. What is Little Arliss' reaction to Old Yeller?
3. Who saves Little Arliss from the attacking bear?
4. Why is Travis concerned about being the man of the family?
5. What does Old Yeller do when Travis sic's him on the bulls?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)