|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the color of the two bulls?
(a) One of the bulls is a mustard color and the other is a red roan.
(b) One of the bulls is black and the other is gray with spots.
(c) One of the bulls is a mustard color and the other is black.
(d) One of the bulls is a red roan and the other is black.
2. Where do Mama, Little Arliss, and Travis sit to see the bull fight?
(a) On the split-rail fence.
(b) On the cabin steps.
(c) At the cabin window.
(d) On the grassy knoll.
3. What warns the doe that Travis is nearby?
(a) He stretches out his leg.
(b) He laughs at a squirrel.
(c) He scratches his ear.
(d) He sneezes.
4. What sound do the bulls make that are looking for a fight outside the family's cabin?
(a) They raise their voices in a wild, brassy blare.
(b) They snort quietly.
(c) They quietly moan.
(d) They squeal like pigs.
5. How does Travis' family come to get Old Yeller?
(a) The dog wanders to their cabin.
(b) They win the dog at the country fair.
(c) They buy him from a neighbor.
(d) A friend gives the dog as a gift.
Short Answer Questions
1. What disease does Bud Searcy hope does not spread throughout the settlement before the men get back?
2. What is the first thing Travis does when he reaches the Salt Licks?
3. How does the first bull become wounded in the fight?
4. When does Travis begin to love Old Yeller?
5. What does Travis discover when he opens the dog run door where the meat is stored?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)