|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Travis do as the doe keeps approaching him?
(a) He backs up.
(b) He falls out of the tree.
(c) He raises his gun and shoots.
(d) He raises his gun but doesn't shoot.
2. What do the Mexicans call a bull with a horn that hangs down past his jaw?
(a) A loop horn.
(b) A scoop horn.
(c) A moon horn.
(d) A droop horn.
3. What does Old Yeller do when Travis sic's him on the bulls?
(a) He attacks the bulls.
(b) He leaps onto the back of one of the bulls.
(c) He runs away into the woods.
(d) He circles the bulls, howling.
4. Why does the mother bear come running to attack Little Arliss?
(a) Arliss is holding her bear cub by the leg.
(b) Arliss threw a rock at her cub.
(c) Arliss threw a rock at her.
(d) Arliss wandered into her den.
5. How does Travis interpret the sounds of the old bull?
(a) Travis says that the old bull is surrendering and willing to die.
(b) Travis says that the old bull is asking the younger bull to kill him.
(c) Travis says that the old bull is giving up his rights as leader.
(d) Travis says that the bull is bragging about being the biggest, toughest, and meanest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Travis discover as he reaches the cabin?
2. What does Travis notice about Old Yeller when he first sees the dog?
3. Why doesn't Travis want to shoot at a running deer?
4. Why doesn't Searcy go into the house when Mama invites him?
5. What does Arliss do when Travis yells at him?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)