|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Travis react to the pending bull fight?
(a) He can't watch because it sickens him.
(b) He is excited and wants to see it.
(c) He feels bad for the bulls.
(d) He blocks his ears from the sound of the bulls.
2. What sound do the bulls make that are looking for a fight outside the family's cabin?
(a) They squeal like pigs.
(b) They snort quietly.
(c) They quietly moan.
(d) They raise their voices in a wild, brassy blare.
3. Why does Little Arliss want to keep Old Yeller?
(a) He wants to teach the dog to hunt rabbits.
(b) He wants a dog to protect him from Travis.
(c) He wants a dog to sleep with.
(d) He's never had a dog of his own.
4. Why is Travis concerned about being the man of the family?
(a) He is afraid to take on the responsibility.
(b) He just wants to be a boy.
(c) He is concerned because no one listens to what he says or thinks.
(d) He doesn't feel confident enough.
5. How does Travis' dog, Bell, die?
(a) The dog is mauled by a bear.
(b) The dog dies of old age.
(c) The dog is bitten by a rattle snake.
(d) The dog falls into a raging river.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Travis' reaction to Old Yeller when the dog approaches him?
2. What does Travis do as the doe keeps approaching him?
3. What does Mama ask Travis to do after he milks the cows?
4. What do the Mexicans call a bull with a horn that hangs down past his jaw?
5. What does Travis think about Old Yeller?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)