|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Travis interpret the sounds of the old bull?
(a) Travis says that the bull is bragging about being the biggest, toughest, and meanest.
(b) Travis says that the old bull is asking the younger bull to kill him.
(c) Travis says that the old bull is giving up his rights as leader.
(d) Travis says that the old bull is surrendering and willing to die.
2. What is the first thing Travis does when he reaches the Salt Licks?
(a) He climbs a tree and watches for deer.
(b) He checks for deer prints in the mud.
(c) He determines which way the wind is blowing.
(d) He sits with the wind blowing across his back.
3. Why does Little Arliss want to keep Old Yeller?
(a) He wants a dog to protect him from Travis.
(b) He's never had a dog of his own.
(c) He wants a dog to sleep with.
(d) He wants to teach the dog to hunt rabbits.
4. Why can't Travis take Jumper close to the Salt Licks where he goes to hunt deer?
(a) Jumper is too old to go that far.
(b) Jumper will be attacked by a bear.
(c) Jumper is afraid of gunfire and he will scare away the game.
(d) It is too much of a rocky climb.
5. Who named Birdsong Creek?
(b) Little Arliss.
(d) The settlers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Travis' family come to get Old Yeller?
2. What does Mama make with lye water and hog fat?
3. What does Travis' father ask him to do while he is away?
4. Why doesn't Travis want to shoot a javelina hog?
5. Why does Little Arliss cry when his father goes away?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)