|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why had Papa cleared out all the brush and trees from around the cabin?
(a) He cleared the brush to cut down on the bugs.
(b) He cleared the brush so Mama could plant roses.
(c) He cleared the brush to get a clear shot at Comanches and Apaches.
(d) He cleared the brush in case of a fire.
2. How does the first bull become wounded in the fight?
(a) The first bull is slammed by the other bull's horn in the shoulder.
(b) The first bull is slammed in the ribs.
(c) The first bull has his horn ripped out.
(d) The first bull is gored in the hip.
3. What is Little Arliss' reaction to Old Yeller?
(a) He is afraid of the dog.
(b) He feeds the dog his breakfast.
(c) He yells at the dog to go away.
(d) He falls on the dog and pets him.
4. Why doesn't Travis want to shoot a javelina hog?
(a) They are not big enough to feed the family.
(b) They are no good for eating.
(c) He thinks they are funny little creatures.
(d) When one javelina hog gets shot, the whole bunch will attack.
5. What does Mama ask Travis to do after he milks the cows?
(a) Kill a doe for meat.
(b) Read the Bible.
(c) Feed the dog.
(d) Get Little Arliss ready for bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sound do the bulls make that are looking for a fight outside the family's cabin?
2. What is Travis' reaction to Old Yeller when the dog approaches him?
3. What are all Texans short of now that the Civil War is over?
4. What does Old Yeller do when he hears the bulls start to fight?
5. Why do the hogs, cattle, and wild animals come to the Salt Licks?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)