|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Old Yeller do when he hears the bulls start to fight?
(a) He runs away into the hills.
(b) He charges at them, trying to chase them away.
(c) He hides behind Arliss.
(d) He cowers in the corner of the cabin.
2. Why can't Travis take Jumper close to the Salt Licks where he goes to hunt deer?
(a) Jumper is afraid of gunfire and he will scare away the game.
(b) Jumper will be attacked by a bear.
(c) It is too much of a rocky climb.
(d) Jumper is too old to go that far.
3. What does Travis' mother instruct him to do while he is doing his chores?
(a) He is to recite his Latin verbs while he works.
(b) He is to think about Little Arliss and the dog.
(c) He is to say his prayers while he works.
(d) He is to recite his numbers while he works.
4. Why doesn't Travis want to shoot at a running deer?
(a) He doesn't want to scare the animals into a stampede.
(b) His rifle isn't accurate enough to make the shot.
(c) He is afraid that he will only wound it.
(d) He knows he can't make the shot.
5. How does Little Arliss take Travis by surprise?
(a) Little Arliss kicks him in the shin.
(b) Little Arliss wrestles him to the ground.
(c) Little Arliss attacks him with a battling stick.
(d) Little Arliss punches him in the stomach.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing Travis does when he reaches the Salt Licks?
2. What does Travis do to try and drive the bulls away from the cabin?
3. What does Travis compare Little Arliss' screaming to?
4. What does Mama say about Old Yeller?
5. What is the color of the two bulls?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)