|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't Travis take Jumper close to the Salt Licks where he goes to hunt deer?
(a) Jumper will be attacked by a bear.
(b) Jumper is afraid of gunfire and he will scare away the game.
(c) Jumper is too old to go that far.
(d) It is too much of a rocky climb.
2. Why is Travis' father leaving the family for months?
(a) He is driving cattle to Abilene.
(b) He is going East to care for his dying mother.
(c) He is working as a field hand in Abilene.
(d) He is going East to school.
3. How does Travis react to the pending bull fight?
(a) He feels bad for the bulls.
(b) He blocks his ears from the sound of the bulls.
(c) He is excited and wants to see it.
(d) He can't watch because it sickens him.
4. What does Travis decide to do about Old Yeller?
(a) Make friends with him.
(b) Teach him to hunt.
(c) Obedience train him.
(d) Find a way to get rid of him.
5. What does Travis think about Old Yeller?
(a) He thinks the dog is vicious.
(b) He thinks the dog is a purebred.
(c) He thinks the dog is stupid.
(d) He thinks the dog is smart but he doesn't want him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Travis ask his father for before he leaves?
2. What is the first thing Travis does when he reaches the Salt Licks?
3. What does Travis discover when he opens the dog run door where the meat is stored?
4. What does Mama say about Old Yeller?
5. What type of dogs do most of the settlers own?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)