|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't Travis take Jumper close to the Salt Licks where he goes to hunt deer?
(a) It is too much of a rocky climb.
(b) Jumper will be attacked by a bear.
(c) Jumper is too old to go that far.
(d) Jumper is afraid of gunfire and he will scare away the game.
2. What does Mama ask Travis to do after he milks the cows?
(a) Get Little Arliss ready for bed.
(b) Kill a doe for meat.
(c) Feed the dog.
(d) Read the Bible.
3. What type of dogs do most of the settlers own?
(a) Pure bred Coon Hounds.
(b) Small, quick terriers.
(c) Big, fierce cur dogs.
(d) Pure bred Blood Hounds.
4. What warns the doe that Travis is nearby?
(a) He scratches his ear.
(b) He sneezes.
(c) He stretches out his leg.
(d) He laughs at a squirrel.
5. What is the first thing Travis does when he reaches the Salt Licks?
(a) He checks for deer prints in the mud.
(b) He climbs a tree and watches for deer.
(c) He sits with the wind blowing across his back.
(d) He determines which way the wind is blowing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Little Arliss' reaction to Old Yeller?
2. What does Travis discover as he reaches the cabin?
3. Where do Mama, Little Arliss, and Travis sit to see the bull fight?
4. What are all Texans short of now that the Civil War is over?
5. What is the color of the two bulls?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)