|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Travis react to the pending bull fight?
(a) He is excited and wants to see it.
(b) He blocks his ears from the sound of the bulls.
(c) He feels bad for the bulls.
(d) He can't watch because it sickens him.
2. What does Travis ask his father for before he leaves?
(a) A Bowie knife.
(b) A new rifle.
(c) A horse.
(d) A dog.
3. Why had Papa cleared out all the brush and trees from around the cabin?
(a) He cleared the brush to get a clear shot at Comanches and Apaches.
(b) He cleared the brush to cut down on the bugs.
(c) He cleared the brush so Mama could plant roses.
(d) He cleared the brush in case of a fire.
4. How does Travis' dog, Bell, die?
(a) The dog is bitten by a rattle snake.
(b) The dog dies of old age.
(c) The dog is mauled by a bear.
(d) The dog falls into a raging river.
5. What is Travis' reaction to Old Yeller when the dog approaches him?
(a) Travis whispers to Old Yeller.
(b) Travis kicked at him as hard as he could.
(c) Travis screams at him.
(d) Travis backs away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of dogs do most of the settlers own?
2. What does Mama prepare for supper after Old Yeller arrives?
3. What does Travis notice about Old Yeller when he first sees the dog?
4. What does Old Yeller do when Travis sic's him on the bulls?
5. What do the Mexicans call a bull with a horn that hangs down past his jaw?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)