|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the first bull become wounded in the fight?
(a) The first bull has his horn ripped out.
(b) The first bull is gored in the hip.
(c) The first bull is slammed by the other bull's horn in the shoulder.
(d) The first bull is slammed in the ribs.
2. Why can't Travis take Jumper close to the Salt Licks where he goes to hunt deer?
(a) Jumper will be attacked by a bear.
(b) It is too much of a rocky climb.
(c) Jumper is too old to go that far.
(d) Jumper is afraid of gunfire and he will scare away the game.
3. What are the best times to go to the Salt Licks to hunt?
(a) Mid-afternoon and sunset.
(b) Early morning and late evening.
(c) Mid-afternoon and late evening.
(d) Early morning and mid-afternoon.
4. What do the Mexicans call a bull with a horn that hangs down past his jaw?
(a) A scoop horn.
(b) A droop horn.
(c) A loop horn.
(d) A moon horn.
5. What does Travis discover as he reaches the cabin?
(a) Arliss and the yeller dog are playing ball.
(b) Arliss and the yeller dog are sharing a piece of meat.
(c) Arliss and the yeller dog are sleeping in the hay.
(d) Arliss and the yeller dog are in the drinking water.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Little Arliss cry when his father goes away?
2. How does the bull fight finally end?
3. What does Arliss do when Travis yells at him?
4. What does Travis compare Little Arliss' screaming to?
5. Why had Papa cleared out all the brush and trees from around the cabin?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)