|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Travis notice about Old Yeller when he first sees the dog?
(a) The dog is injured.
(b) The dog is lame.
(c) The dog is fat.
(d) The dog is starving.
2. What does Travis discover as he reaches the cabin?
(a) Arliss and the yeller dog are playing ball.
(b) Arliss and the yeller dog are in the drinking water.
(c) Arliss and the yeller dog are sharing a piece of meat.
(d) Arliss and the yeller dog are sleeping in the hay.
3. What does Travis' father ask him to do while he is away?
(a) He asks Travis to keep up with his school work.
(b) He asks Travis to fetch a neighbor to help the family.
(c) He asks Travis to go to neighbors and work for food.
(d) He asks Travis to take care of the family and act like a man.
4. Why is Travis concerned about being the man of the family?
(a) He is concerned because no one listens to what he says or thinks.
(b) He just wants to be a boy.
(c) He is afraid to take on the responsibility.
(d) He doesn't feel confident enough.
5. Why doesn't Travis want to shoot a javelina hog?
(a) When one javelina hog gets shot, the whole bunch will attack.
(b) They are no good for eating.
(c) He thinks they are funny little creatures.
(d) They are not big enough to feed the family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Travis' reaction to Old Yeller when the dog approaches him?
2. What does Travis think about Old Yeller?
3. What do the Mexicans call a bull with a horn that hangs down past his jaw?
4. Why does Little Arliss cry when his father goes away?
5. What does Mama say about Old Yeller?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)