|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Travis' dog, Bell, die?
(a) The dog falls into a raging river.
(b) The dog is mauled by a bear.
(c) The dog dies of old age.
(d) The dog is bitten by a rattle snake.
2. What type of dogs do most of the settlers own?
(a) Pure bred Blood Hounds.
(b) Small, quick terriers.
(c) Big, fierce cur dogs.
(d) Pure bred Coon Hounds.
3. Why do the hogs, cattle, and wild animals come to the Salt Licks?
(a) They drink from the pond that is there.
(b) They lick the salt.
(c) They eat the berries growing there.
(d) It has thick brambles where the animals hide.
4. What does Arliss do when Travis yells at him?
(a) Arliss runs after Travis and kicks him.
(b) Arliss sics the yeller dog on Travis.
(c) Arliss throws a rock at Travis.
(d) Arliss runs away and hides.
5. What do the Mexicans call a bull with a horn that hangs down past his jaw?
(a) A moon horn.
(b) A droop horn.
(c) A scoop horn.
(d) A loop horn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What warns the doe that Travis is nearby?
2. How does the bull fight finally end?
3. What does Mama prepare for supper after Old Yeller arrives?
4. What does Travis do as the doe keeps approaching him?
5. What sound do the bulls make that are looking for a fight outside the family's cabin?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)