|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the color of the two bulls?
(a) One of the bulls is a mustard color and the other is black.
(b) One of the bulls is black and the other is gray with spots.
(c) One of the bulls is a mustard color and the other is a red roan.
(d) One of the bulls is a red roan and the other is black.
2. How does the first bull become wounded in the fight?
(a) The first bull is gored in the hip.
(b) The first bull is slammed by the other bull's horn in the shoulder.
(c) The first bull is slammed in the ribs.
(d) The first bull has his horn ripped out.
3. What warns the doe that Travis is nearby?
(a) He sneezes.
(b) He stretches out his leg.
(c) He scratches his ear.
(d) He laughs at a squirrel.
4. What does Mama say about Old Yeller?
(a) She says that the dog is sick.
(b) She says that the dog needs some food.
(c) She says that the dog has to go.
(d) She says that the dog can stay.
5. What does Travis discover when he opens the dog run door where the meat is stored?
(a) A wolf is eating the meat.
(b) The meat is rotten.
(c) Little Arliss is hanging from the meat.
(d) The meat is gone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Little Arliss' reaction to Old Yeller?
2. What changes Travis' mind about keeping the yeller dog as he rides to the cabin?
3. Where do Mama, Little Arliss, and Travis sit to see the bull fight?
4. What does Travis do to Jumper when he decides he doesn't want to plow anymore?
5. What does Travis think about Old Yeller?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)