|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Travis discover as he reaches the cabin?
(a) Arliss and the yeller dog are sleeping in the hay.
(b) Arliss and the yeller dog are sharing a piece of meat.
(c) Arliss and the yeller dog are in the drinking water.
(d) Arliss and the yeller dog are playing ball.
2. Why doesn't Travis want to shoot at a running deer?
(a) He doesn't want to scare the animals into a stampede.
(b) He is afraid that he will only wound it.
(c) He knows he can't make the shot.
(d) His rifle isn't accurate enough to make the shot.
3. What do the Mexicans call a bull with a horn that hangs down past his jaw?
(a) A loop horn.
(b) A scoop horn.
(c) A moon horn.
(d) A droop horn.
4. What does Travis think about Old Yeller?
(a) He thinks the dog is a purebred.
(b) He thinks the dog is smart but he doesn't want him.
(c) He thinks the dog is stupid.
(d) He thinks the dog is vicious.
5. Why do the hogs, cattle, and wild animals come to the Salt Licks?
(a) They drink from the pond that is there.
(b) They eat the berries growing there.
(c) They lick the salt.
(d) It has thick brambles where the animals hide.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Travis interpret the sounds of the old bull?
2. What are the best times to go to the Salt Licks to hunt?
3. What does Arliss do when Travis yells at him?
4. How does Travis' dog, Bell, die?
5. What does Mama prepare for supper after Old Yeller arrives?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)