|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the hogs, cattle, and wild animals come to the Salt Licks?
(a) It has thick brambles where the animals hide.
(b) They lick the salt.
(c) They drink from the pond that is there.
(d) They eat the berries growing there.
2. What does Travis do to try and drive the bulls away from the cabin?
(a) He chases them with a pitch fork.
(b) He goes after them with a bull whip.
(c) He throws rocks at them.
(d) He tosses boiling water at them.
3. What does Travis do as the doe keeps approaching him?
(a) He raises his gun but doesn't shoot.
(b) He backs up.
(c) He falls out of the tree.
(d) He raises his gun and shoots.
4. Why doesn't Travis want to shoot a javelina hog?
(a) When one javelina hog gets shot, the whole bunch will attack.
(b) He thinks they are funny little creatures.
(c) They are no good for eating.
(d) They are not big enough to feed the family.
5. How does Travis' family come to get Old Yeller?
(a) They win the dog at the country fair.
(b) They buy him from a neighbor.
(c) The dog wanders to their cabin.
(d) A friend gives the dog as a gift.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why had Papa cleared out all the brush and trees from around the cabin?
2. What does Arliss do when Travis yells at him?
3. What changes Travis' mind about keeping the yeller dog as he rides to the cabin?
4. Why does Little Arliss cry when his father goes away?
5. Why is Travis' father leaving the family for months?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)