|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Travis notice about Old Yeller when he first sees the dog?
(a) The dog is lame.
(b) The dog is injured.
(c) The dog is starving.
(d) The dog is fat.
2. What does Mama say about Old Yeller?
(a) She says that the dog is sick.
(b) She says that the dog needs some food.
(c) She says that the dog can stay.
(d) She says that the dog has to go.
3. What does Mama prepare for supper after Old Yeller arrives?
(a) Beef stew.
(b) Corn meal mush.
(c) Hotcakes and honey.
(d) Buttermilk biscuits.
4. What does Travis think about Old Yeller?
(a) He thinks the dog is a purebred.
(b) He thinks the dog is smart but he doesn't want him.
(c) He thinks the dog is stupid.
(d) He thinks the dog is vicious.
5. What does Travis do to try and drive the bulls away from the cabin?
(a) He chases them with a pitch fork.
(b) He throws rocks at them.
(c) He tosses boiling water at them.
(d) He goes after them with a bull whip.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Little Arliss cry when his father goes away?
2. How does Travis react to the pending bull fight?
3. What sound do the bulls make that are looking for a fight outside the family's cabin?
4. What changes Travis' mind about keeping the yeller dog as he rides to the cabin?
5. What does Travis do as the doe keeps approaching him?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)