|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mama prepare for supper after Old Yeller arrives?
(a) Buttermilk biscuits.
(b) Corn meal mush.
(c) Hotcakes and honey.
(d) Beef stew.
2. What does Travis' mother instruct him to do while he is doing his chores?
(a) He is to think about Little Arliss and the dog.
(b) He is to recite his Latin verbs while he works.
(c) He is to say his prayers while he works.
(d) He is to recite his numbers while he works.
3. What does Travis think about Old Yeller?
(a) He thinks the dog is smart but he doesn't want him.
(b) He thinks the dog is vicious.
(c) He thinks the dog is a purebred.
(d) He thinks the dog is stupid.
4. How does the first bull become wounded in the fight?
(a) The first bull has his horn ripped out.
(b) The first bull is gored in the hip.
(c) The first bull is slammed by the other bull's horn in the shoulder.
(d) The first bull is slammed in the ribs.
5. What does Travis discover as he reaches the cabin?
(a) Arliss and the yeller dog are in the drinking water.
(b) Arliss and the yeller dog are sharing a piece of meat.
(c) Arliss and the yeller dog are sleeping in the hay.
(d) Arliss and the yeller dog are playing ball.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Travis concerned about being the man of the family?
2. What do the Mexicans call a bull with a horn that hangs down past his jaw?
3. What does Travis do to try and drive the bulls away from the cabin?
4. What does Travis' father ask him to do while he is away?
5. Why doesn't Travis want to shoot at a running deer?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)