|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Little Arliss cry when his father goes away?
(a) He will miss his father.
(b) He doesn't want to stay with his mother.
(c) He just got stung by a bee.
(d) He wants to go too.
2. How does Travis' family come to get Old Yeller?
(a) A friend gives the dog as a gift.
(b) They buy him from a neighbor.
(c) They win the dog at the country fair.
(d) The dog wanders to their cabin.
3. How does Little Arliss take Travis by surprise?
(a) Little Arliss punches him in the stomach.
(b) Little Arliss wrestles him to the ground.
(c) Little Arliss kicks him in the shin.
(d) Little Arliss attacks him with a battling stick.
4. What is the color of the two bulls?
(a) One of the bulls is a mustard color and the other is black.
(b) One of the bulls is a mustard color and the other is a red roan.
(c) One of the bulls is a red roan and the other is black.
(d) One of the bulls is black and the other is gray with spots.
5. What does Travis' mother instruct him to do while he is doing his chores?
(a) He is to recite his numbers while he works.
(b) He is to think about Little Arliss and the dog.
(c) He is to say his prayers while he works.
(d) He is to recite his Latin verbs while he works.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Little Arliss' reaction to Old Yeller?
2. Why had Papa cleared out all the brush and trees from around the cabin?
3. What does Travis do to try and drive the bulls away from the cabin?
4. What does Travis do to Jumper when he decides he doesn't want to plow anymore?
5. What does Travis compare Little Arliss' screaming to?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)