|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of dogs do most of the settlers own?
(a) Big, fierce cur dogs.
(b) Pure bred Blood Hounds.
(c) Pure bred Coon Hounds.
(d) Small, quick terriers.
2. How does Travis' dog, Bell, die?
(a) The dog falls into a raging river.
(b) The dog is bitten by a rattle snake.
(c) The dog dies of old age.
(d) The dog is mauled by a bear.
3. What does Travis discover as he reaches the cabin?
(a) Arliss and the yeller dog are sleeping in the hay.
(b) Arliss and the yeller dog are sharing a piece of meat.
(c) Arliss and the yeller dog are playing ball.
(d) Arliss and the yeller dog are in the drinking water.
4. Why doesn't Travis want to shoot a javelina hog?
(a) He thinks they are funny little creatures.
(b) They are not big enough to feed the family.
(c) They are no good for eating.
(d) When one javelina hog gets shot, the whole bunch will attack.
5. What are the best times to go to the Salt Licks to hunt?
(a) Early morning and mid-afternoon.
(b) Early morning and late evening.
(c) Mid-afternoon and late evening.
(d) Mid-afternoon and sunset.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Travis notice about Old Yeller when he first sees the dog?
2. What does Travis decide to do about Old Yeller?
3. What does Travis do to Jumper when he decides he doesn't want to plow anymore?
4. Why can't Travis take Jumper close to the Salt Licks where he goes to hunt deer?
5. What is the color of the two bulls?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)