|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Mexicans call a bull with a horn that hangs down past his jaw?
(a) A droop horn.
(b) A loop horn.
(c) A scoop horn.
(d) A moon horn.
2. What is Old Yeller's reaction when he is sprayed by a skunk?
(a) He digs a deep hole and lays in it.
(b) He rolls in the dirt, and then jumps in the pond.
(c) It doesn't seem to bother him.
(d) He snorts, drools, and vomits.
3. How many cows does Travis have to milk to get enough for the family?
(a) Five or six.
4. What is Travis doing when he hears Little Arliss screaming?
(a) He is hanging the meat.
(b) He is splitting logs.
(c) He is hunting.
(d) He is fishing.
5. What happens to Travis when he falls into the killer hogs?
(a) A bar' hog bites his foot.
(b) A slashing tusk catches him in the calf of his right leg.
(c) The pigs jump on top of him.
(d) A hog grabs him by his angle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the solution Travis comes up with that finally keeps Old Yeller at home during the night?
2. Why does Little Arliss want to keep Old Yeller?
3. What does Mama tell Little Arliss to do as she is about to remove Old Yeller's bandage?
4. Who saves Little Arliss from the attacking bear?
5. What does Travis have to do to the hogs to be able to tell them apart from the neighbor's hogs?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)