|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Arliss do when Travis yells at him?
(a) Arliss runs away and hides.
(b) Arliss throws a rock at Travis.
(c) Arliss runs after Travis and kicks him.
(d) Arliss sics the yeller dog on Travis.
2. What does Travis think about Searcy's granddaughter, Lisbeth?
(a) Travis thinks she is strange.
(b) Travis thinks she is bossy.
(c) Travis thinks she is annoying.
(d) Travis likes her because she is different than most girls.
3. Why doesn't Searcy go into the house when Mama invites him?
(a) He says that he didn't come for a social call.
(b) He says that he would rather sit in the dog run.
(c) He says that the house smell like the old dog.
(d) He says that he doesn't feel at ease in the house.
4. How does the first bull become wounded in the fight?
(a) The first bull has his horn ripped out.
(b) The first bull is slammed by the other bull's horn in the shoulder.
(c) The first bull is slammed in the ribs.
(d) The first bull is gored in the hip.
5. Why can't Travis sleep on the night that Sanderson tells him about hydrophobia?
(a) Travis watches over Arliss and Mama.
(b) Travis stays awake watching for mad animals.
(c) Travis has nightmares about mad dogs and wolves.
(d) Travis stays awake praying for Papa to come home.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Travis show his love for Old Yeller?
2. How does Little Arliss take Travis by surprise?
3. What are the marks that Travis makes on the hogs?
4. How does the bull fight finally end?
5. What kind of man is Burn Sanderson?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)