|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Travis compare Little Arliss' screaming to?
(a) Squealing pigs.
(b) Wild boars.
(c) Hungry babies.
(d) Comanches scalping him.
2. Why is Travis concerned about being the man of the family?
(a) He just wants to be a boy.
(b) He is afraid to take on the responsibility.
(c) He doesn't feel confident enough.
(d) He is concerned because no one listens to what he says or thinks.
3. What changes Travis' mind about keeping the yeller dog as he rides to the cabin?
(a) He feels sorry for the starving yeller dog.
(b) He likes the yeller dog after all.
(c) He knows Arliss really wants the dog.
(d) He feels proud of himself and figures he can put up with the dog.
4. What does Mama make with lye water and hog fat?
(c) Antiseptic cream.
(d) Bug repellant.
5. What does Mama prepare for supper after Old Yeller arrives?
(a) Beef stew.
(b) Corn meal mush.
(c) Hotcakes and honey.
(d) Buttermilk biscuits.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Little Arliss take Travis by surprise?
2. What does Travis' father ask him to do while he is away?
3. Why do the hogs, cattle, and wild animals come to the Salt Licks?
4. What does Travis do to Jumper when he decides he doesn't want to plow anymore?
5. What does Travis think about Old Yeller?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)