|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the symptoms of hydrophobia?
(a) Watery eyes and lethargy.
(b) Foaming at the mouth and blind staggers.
(c) Limping and vomiting.
(d) Swollen eyes and vomiting.
2. What does Burn Sanderson tell Mama about Old Yeller?
(a) He is obedient and submissive.
(b) He is the best cow dog that was ever born.
(c) He is He is the best sheep dog that was ever born.
(d) He is no good with cows.
3. How does Mama prevent Jumper from jumping into the corn field?
(a) She ties a chunk of wood to his forefoot.
(b) She ties him to a tree.
(c) She ties his back legs together.
(d) She ties a large stone to his back leg.
4. What is a strange varmit stealing from the people in the settlement?
(b) Meat, eggs, and cornbread.
(d) Flour and eggs.
5. What does Old Yeller do when the wolves come around the cabin?
(a) He bays a warning to them to keep away.
(b) He whimpers weakly.
(c) He groans and hides.
(d) He cowers in the corner of the cabin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Old Yeller's reaction to the bear attack once they are all back in the cabin?
2. How does Mama clean Travis' wound?
3. What do the Mexicans call a bull with a horn that hangs down past his jaw?
4. What is the trouble that Travis thinks is too big for any of them to handle?
5. How does Lisbeth feel about Travis' reaction to the puppy?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)