|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Little Arliss do while Travis is in bed?
(a) He helps Mama with the chores.
(b) He lets Travis rest.
(c) He milks the cows.
(d) He pesters Travis a dozen times a day.
2. How does Travis finally shoot the turkey that he wounded in the pea garden?
(a) The turkey runs in circles in the peas and Travis shoots it.
(b) The turkey is slow because it is wounded and Travis is able to shoot it.
(c) Little Arliss throws a stone at the turkey, knocking it down and Travis shoots it.
(d) Old Yeller tracks down the turkey and trees it, so Travis can shoot it.
3. Why does Mama decide that the Spot heifer must be killed?
(a) It has hydrophobia.
(b) Old Yeller needs the meat to get well.
(c) It will provide them with enough meat for the winter.
(d) It is no good for milking.
4. What does Travis discover as he reaches the cabin?
(a) Arliss and the yeller dog are in the drinking water.
(b) Arliss and the yeller dog are sleeping in the hay.
(c) Arliss and the yeller dog are playing ball.
(d) Arliss and the yeller dog are sharing a piece of meat.
5. What does Sanderson tell Travis about the plague of hydrophobia?
(a) Sanderson tells Travis that he shot two dogs that had it.
(b) Sanderson tells Travis that he shot two fox that had it.
(c) Sanderson tells Travis that he shot two wolves, a fox, and one skunk that had it.
(d) Sanderson tells Travis that he shot two coons that had it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sanderson get off his horse and approach Little Arliss?
2. How does the first bull become wounded in the fight?
3. Why does Travis run off when the trade is made between Arliss and Sanderson?
4. What do Travis and Mama first think Spot ate?
5. How many cows does Travis have to milk to get enough for the family?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)