|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Travis want to shoot a javelina hog?
(a) They are no good for eating.
(b) They are not big enough to feed the family.
(c) When one javelina hog gets shot, the whole bunch will attack.
(d) He thinks they are funny little creatures.
2. Why doesn't Travis want to shoot at a running deer?
(a) He knows he can't make the shot.
(b) He is afraid that he will only wound it.
(c) He doesn't want to scare the animals into a stampede.
(d) His rifle isn't accurate enough to make the shot.
3. Who comes to the cabin two weeks after the milking incident?
(a) Bud Searcy.
(b) A man comes to claim Old Yeller.
(d) Jed Simpson.
4. What does Travis notice about Old Yeller when he first sees the dog?
(a) The dog is starving.
(b) The dog is lame.
(c) The dog is injured.
(d) The dog is fat.
5. Why is Bud Searcy left behind when all the men drive the cattle to Abilene?
(a) He is blind.
(b) He is shiftless.
(c) He has only one arm.
(d) He doesn't have a horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mama use as a poultice for Travis' wound?
2. What disease does Bud Searcy hope does not spread throughout the settlement before the men get back?
3. What does Travis discover when he opens the dog run door where the meat is stored?
4. What are all Texans short of now that the Civil War is over?
5. What does Arliss do when Travis yells at him?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)