|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Travis compare Little Arliss' screaming to?
(a) Wild boars.
(b) Hungry babies.
(c) Squealing pigs.
(d) Comanches scalping him.
2. What is Little Arliss' reaction when they get back to the cabin?
(a) He is angry that Travis pulled the cub away.
(b) He passes out from fear.
(c) He is angry at the bear.
(d) He is shaking all over and clinging to Mama.
3. What is Travis doing when he hears Little Arliss screaming?
(a) He is splitting logs.
(b) He is fishing.
(c) He is hunting.
(d) He is hanging the meat.
4. What is the first thing Travis does when he reaches the Salt Licks?
(a) He climbs a tree and watches for deer.
(b) He determines which way the wind is blowing.
(c) He checks for deer prints in the mud.
(d) He sits with the wind blowing across his back.
5. What is the solution Travis comes up with that finally keeps Old Yeller at home during the night?
(a) He builds a cage to keep Old Yeller in.
(b) He locks Old Yeller in the corncrib.
(c) Old Yeller sleeps with Travis and Little Arliss.
(d) He locks Old Yeller in the storm cellar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What condition is Travis in when he returns home after shooting Spot?
2. What advice does Sanderson give to Travis about when to shoot an animal with hydrophobia?
3. What do Mama and Travis do when Jumper is unable to move the dead animal?
4. What is the condition of Travis' wound by the time they arrive home?
5. What does Little Arliss do to Sanderson?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)