|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Travis hide Old Yeller while he runs home to get help?
(a) Travis digs a hole and places Old Yeller in it.
(b) Travis covers him with branches.
(c) Travis pushes him under an overhanging rock and covers the opening with a mesquite stump.
(d) Travis pushes him into a cave.
2. What does Little Arliss do to help get Old Yeller home?
(a) He helps drag the cowhide that Old Yeller is resting on.
(b) He leads Jumper while Old Yeller is pulled behind the mule.
(c) He rides on Jumper and holds Old Yeller in his lap.
(d) He rides on the cowhide with the dog and holds Old Yeller's head in his lap.
3. Why can't Travis take Jumper close to the Salt Licks where he goes to hunt deer?
(a) Jumper is too old to go that far.
(b) Jumper is afraid of gunfire and he will scare away the game.
(c) Jumper will be attacked by a bear.
(d) It is too much of a rocky climb.
4. Where does Travis' family keep their hogs and cattle?
(a) They keep then in a barn.
(b) They keep them in a fenced pasture.
(c) They are loose on the range.
(d) They keep them in a lean to.
5. How does Travis interpret the sounds of the old bull?
(a) Travis says that the bull is bragging about being the biggest, toughest, and meanest.
(b) Travis says that the old bull is asking the younger bull to kill him.
(c) Travis says that the old bull is surrendering and willing to die.
(d) Travis says that the old bull is giving up his rights as leader.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mama's reaction to Sanderson's first suggestion?
2. What does Travis ask his father for before he leaves?
3. What keeps Travis and Old Yeller busy all night long?
4. Why does Sanderson get off his horse and approach Little Arliss?
5. What is the first thing Travis does when he reaches the Salt Licks?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)