|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advice does Sanderson give to Travis about when to shoot an animal with hydrophobia?
(a) Shoot only wild animals, not pets.
(b) Shoot anything that is acting unnatural.
(c) Shoot the animal after it tries to bite.
(d) Shoot any animal he comes across until the hydrophobia is gone.
2. What does Little Arliss do to help get Old Yeller home?
(a) He rides on Jumper and holds Old Yeller in his lap.
(b) He helps drag the cowhide that Old Yeller is resting on.
(c) He leads Jumper while Old Yeller is pulled behind the mule.
(d) He rides on the cowhide with the dog and holds Old Yeller's head in his lap.
3. How does Mama clean Travis' wound?
(a) She washes it with hot water and then poured salt in it.
(b) She washes it with hot water and then poured iodine on it.
(c) She washes it with hot water and then poured turpentine on it.
(d) She washes it with hot water and then poured hot candle wax on it.
4. Who comes to the cabin two weeks after the milking incident?
(a) A man comes to claim Old Yeller.
(c) Bud Searcy.
(d) Jed Simpson.
5. What does Travis think about Old Yeller?
(a) He thinks the dog is smart but he doesn't want him.
(b) He thinks the dog is stupid.
(c) He thinks the dog is vicious.
(d) He thinks the dog is a purebred.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Old Yeller do while Mama stitches his wound?
2. How does the bull fight finally end?
3. How does Travis' family come to get Old Yeller?
4. What news does Lisbeth tell Travis about her dog, Miss Prissy?
5. What is the trouble that Travis thinks is too big for any of them to handle?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)