|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Little Arliss do while Travis is in bed?
(a) He helps Mama with the chores.
(b) He milks the cows.
(c) He lets Travis rest.
(d) He pesters Travis a dozen times a day.
2. How does Little Arliss act when Travis takes him squirrel hunting?
(a) Arliss is noisy and pesky.
(b) Arliss turns out to be a good hunter.
(c) Arliss is talented at tracking game.
(d) Arliss is as quiet as a mouse.
3. Why does Travis hate gathering corn?
(a) It is woman's work.
(b) It is boring work.
(c) It is hot work and the corn shucks sting and makes the skin itch.
(d) It is a child's job.
4. Why had Papa cleared out all the brush and trees from around the cabin?
(a) He cleared the brush to get a clear shot at Comanches and Apaches.
(b) He cleared the brush so Mama could plant roses.
(c) He cleared the brush in case of a fire.
(d) He cleared the brush to cut down on the bugs.
5. What does Travis notice about Old Yeller when he first sees the dog?
(a) The dog is injured.
(b) The dog is fat.
(c) The dog is lame.
(d) The dog is starving.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mama tell Little Arliss to do as she is about to remove Old Yeller's bandage?
2. How does Mama prevent Jumper from jumping into the corn field?
3. What does Little Arliss do to Sanderson?
4. What changes Travis' mind about keeping the yeller dog as he rides to the cabin?
5. What does Travis compare Little Arliss' screaming to?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)