|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Travis keep a piece of ear from every marked pig hanging in the corn crib?
(a) He keeps the ears to show Papa when he comes home.
(b) He keeps the ears as trophies.
(c) He keeps the ears so he can get an accurate count of how many pigs there are.
(d) He keeps the ears to make a necklace.
2. What does Old Yeller do when Travis sic's him on the bulls?
(a) He leaps onto the back of one of the bulls.
(b) He attacks the bulls.
(c) He circles the bulls, howling.
(d) He runs away into the woods.
3. Why doesn't Travis want to shoot at a running deer?
(a) He doesn't want to scare the animals into a stampede.
(b) He is afraid that he will only wound it.
(c) He knows he can't make the shot.
(d) His rifle isn't accurate enough to make the shot.
4. How does Travis know that Little Arliss is in trouble?
(a) Arliss is screaming about the yeller dog.
(b) Arliss is screaming for Travis which is unusual.
(c) Arliss is crying which he never usually does.
(d) Arliss' screams are loud, shrill, and frantic.
5. What advice does Sanderson give to Travis about when to shoot an animal with hydrophobia?
(a) Shoot the animal after it tries to bite.
(b) Shoot any animal he comes across until the hydrophobia is gone.
(c) Shoot only wild animals, not pets.
(d) Shoot anything that is acting unnatural.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Travis hide Old Yeller while he runs home to get help?
2. Why is Travis annoyed with Mama and Little Arliss?
3. How many hogs are near the bat cave?
4. What does Travis have to do to the hogs to be able to tell them apart from the neighbor's hogs?
5. What do Mama and Travis do when Jumper is unable to move the dead animal?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)