|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the marks that Travis makes on the hogs?
(a) Underslope and overbit.
(b) Crop and overbit.
(c) Crop and underslope.
(d) Crop and underbit.
2. What does Little Arliss do to Sanderson?
(a) He punches the man in the stomach.
(b) He begs the man to leave Old Yeller.
(c) He throws rocks at the man and hits his horse.
(d) He kicks the man in the shin.
3. What type of dogs do most of the settlers own?
(a) Big, fierce cur dogs.
(b) Small, quick terriers.
(c) Pure bred Coon Hounds.
(d) Pure bred Blood Hounds.
4. Why is Travis concerned about being the man of the family?
(a) He is concerned because no one listens to what he says or thinks.
(b) He doesn't feel confident enough.
(c) He just wants to be a boy.
(d) He is afraid to take on the responsibility.
5. When do the hogs become the most vicious?
(a) When being chased.
(b) When cornered.
(c) When they are two years old.
(d) When they get old.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Papa compare training the mind to handle fear with?
2. How does Old Yeller react to the animal that comes into the yard?
3. What does Travis ask his father for before he leaves?
4. What does Travis see Mama, Little Arliss, and Lisbeth doing after they gather the corn?
5. What kind of man is Burn Sanderson?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)