|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first suggestion Sanderson gives to Mama about keeping Old Yeller?
(a) He suggests that she pay him with the milk cow to keep Old Yeller.
(b) He suggests that the dog stays with them until Papa comes back.
(c) He suggests that she take the boys inside while he grabs Old Yeller.
(d) He offers to give her a puppy instead of Old Yeller.
2. Why does Little Arliss cry when his father goes away?
(a) He wants to go too.
(b) He doesn't want to stay with his mother.
(c) He just got stung by a bee.
(d) He will miss his father.
3. How do the pigs react when Old Yeller and Travis find them?
(a) They roar and pop their teeth.
(b) They turn and try to run away.
(c) They charge at them.
(d) They back up into a corner.
4. Who comes to the cabin two weeks after the milking incident?
(b) Bud Searcy.
(c) Jed Simpson.
(d) A man comes to claim Old Yeller.
5. How does Mama clean Travis' wound?
(a) She washes it with hot water and then poured iodine on it.
(b) She washes it with hot water and then poured salt in it.
(c) She washes it with hot water and then poured turpentine on it.
(d) She washes it with hot water and then poured hot candle wax on it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How bad is the wound inflicted on Travis by the hogs?
2. What does Travis decide to do about Old Yeller?
3. What is Travis' reaction to Old Yeller when the dog approaches him?
4. What is Old Yeller's reaction to the bear attack once they are all back in the cabin?
5. What does Travis decide is a good place to shoot Spot?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)