|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the solution Travis comes up with that finally keeps Old Yeller at home during the night?
(a) He locks Old Yeller in the storm cellar.
(b) Old Yeller sleeps with Travis and Little Arliss.
(c) He builds a cage to keep Old Yeller in.
(d) He locks Old Yeller in the corncrib.
2. What does Mama make with lye water and hog fat?
(a) Antiseptic cream.
(c) Bug repellant.
3. What does Travis think about Lisbeth staying with them?
(a) He thinks she will pester him all day.
(b) He thinks she will work hard.
(c) He thinks she will sit and cry all day.
(d) He thinks she will be no help and a bother.
4. Why is Travis sickened when he looks at Spot?
(a) He knows that he has to shoot her.
(b) He sees that a wound on her side is covered in maggots.
(c) She is vomiting constantly.
(d) She is starving and looks like a skeleton.
5. What does Old Yeller do to keep the heifer from charging at Travis?
(a) He jumps on the heifer's back.
(b) He sets his teeth into the heifer's nose and flips her over.
(c) He nips at the heifer's heels.
(d) He jumps up and sets his teeth in the heifer's ear.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Old Yeller do when the bear slaps him head over heels?
2. How much longer will Papa be away?
3. Why do the hogs, cattle, and wild animals come to the Salt Licks?
4. How many hogs are near the bat cave?
5. What does Old Yeller do while Mama stitches his wound?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)