|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Travis finally shoot the turkey that he wounded in the pea garden?
(a) Old Yeller tracks down the turkey and trees it, so Travis can shoot it.
(b) Little Arliss throws a stone at the turkey, knocking it down and Travis shoots it.
(c) The turkey runs in circles in the peas and Travis shoots it.
(d) The turkey is slow because it is wounded and Travis is able to shoot it.
2. What is Little Arliss' reaction when they get back to the cabin?
(a) He is shaking all over and clinging to Mama.
(b) He passes out from fear.
(c) He is angry that Travis pulled the cub away.
(d) He is angry at the bear.
3. How does Travis show his love for Old Yeller?
(a) He brushes the dog every day.
(b) He brings Old Yeller for long walks.
(c) He gives Old Yeller his share of the meat.
(d) He bathes him, pulls thorns from his paw, burns ticks off, and lets him sleep with him.
4. What is the condition of Travis' wound by the time they arrive home?
(a) It is stiff but the swelling is down.
(b) It feels a lot better.
(c) It is swollen but not stiff.
(d) It is stiff, swollen, and numb.
5. When do the hogs become the most vicious?
(a) When cornered.
(b) When they are two years old.
(c) When being chased.
(d) When they get old.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Travis sickened when he looks at Spot?
2. What is the trouble that Travis thinks is too big for any of them to handle?
3. When does Travis begin to love Old Yeller?
4. What does Arliss do when Travis yells at him?
5. How does Lisbeth feel about Travis' reaction to the puppy?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)