|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mama tell Little Arliss to do as she is about to remove Old Yeller's bandage?
(a) She tells Arliss to go play at the river.
(b) She tells Arliss to catch her a big frog for dinner.
(c) She tells Arliss to go catch her a green-striped lizard.
(d) She tells Arliss to wait over by Jumper.
2. Why does Sanderson get off his horse and approach Little Arliss?
(a) He asks Little Arliss if he wants a puppy instead.
(b) He tells Little Arliss he is acting like a baby.
(c) He asks Little Arliss if he wants to keep the dog.
(d) He slaps Little Arliss for his temper tantrum.
3. How does Travis interpret the sounds of the old bull?
(a) Travis says that the old bull is giving up his rights as leader.
(b) Travis says that the old bull is asking the younger bull to kill him.
(c) Travis says that the bull is bragging about being the biggest, toughest, and meanest.
(d) Travis says that the old bull is surrendering and willing to die.
4. What does Travis do while Mama, Lisbeth, and Old Yeller go to burn Spot?
(a) He stays at home with Little Arliss.
(b) He cooks supper for everyone.
(c) He teaches Arliss how to shoot.
(d) He reads a book to Arliss.
5. Why does Little Arliss cry when his father goes away?
(a) He wants to go too.
(b) He just got stung by a bee.
(c) He doesn't want to stay with his mother.
(d) He will miss his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the condition of Travis' wound by the time they arrive home?
2. What does Mama make with lye water and hog fat?
3. What is Travis' reaction to Lisbeth helping Mama with the corn?
4. What are the marks that Travis makes on the hogs?
5. What does Mama make Arliss take out of his pockets before he goes to bed?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)