|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mama make with lye water and hog fat?
(c) Antiseptic cream.
(d) Bug repellant.
2. What do Mama and Travis do when Jumper is unable to move the dead animal?
(a) They pour turpentine over it, hoping to kill the disease.
(b) They cover it with a pile of stones.
(c) They bury it on the spot it was killed.
(d) They burn it where it lays.
3. What news does Lisbeth tell Travis about her dog, Miss Prissy?
(a) Miss Prissy is sick and dying.
(b) Miss Prissy is a purebread fox hound.
(c) Miss Prissy is going to have Old Yeller's puppies.
(d) Miss Prissy won first prize in at the fair.
4. How does Travis finally shoot the turkey that he wounded in the pea garden?
(a) Little Arliss throws a stone at the turkey, knocking it down and Travis shoots it.
(b) Old Yeller tracks down the turkey and trees it, so Travis can shoot it.
(c) The turkey is slow because it is wounded and Travis is able to shoot it.
(d) The turkey runs in circles in the peas and Travis shoots it.
5. What sound do the bulls make that are looking for a fight outside the family's cabin?
(a) They snort quietly.
(b) They quietly moan.
(c) They squeal like pigs.
(d) They raise their voices in a wild, brassy blare.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Travis interpret the sounds of the old bull?
2. What does Travis think about Old Yeller?
3. How do the pigs react when Old Yeller and Travis find them?
4. Why does Bud Searcy leave Lisbeth behind with Mama?
5. How does Lisbeth feel about Travis' reaction to the puppy?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)