|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Travis yell for Mama to bring him?
(a) His shoes.
(b) His gun.
(c) His jacket.
(d) His bull whip.
2. What do the Mexicans call a bull with a horn that hangs down past his jaw?
(a) A droop horn.
(b) A moon horn.
(c) A loop horn.
(d) A scoop horn.
3. How does Travis hide Old Yeller while he runs home to get help?
(a) Travis covers him with branches.
(b) Travis pushes him under an overhanging rock and covers the opening with a mesquite stump.
(c) Travis pushes him into a cave.
(d) Travis digs a hole and places Old Yeller in it.
4. How does Travis interpret the sounds of the old bull?
(a) Travis says that the old bull is giving up his rights as leader.
(b) Travis says that the old bull is asking the younger bull to kill him.
(c) Travis says that the bull is bragging about being the biggest, toughest, and meanest.
(d) Travis says that the old bull is surrendering and willing to die.
5. How does Mama clean Travis' wound?
(a) She washes it with hot water and then poured salt in it.
(b) She washes it with hot water and then poured turpentine on it.
(c) She washes it with hot water and then poured iodine on it.
(d) She washes it with hot water and then poured hot candle wax on it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the first bull become wounded in the fight?
2. What is Little Arliss' reaction when they get back to the cabin?
3. What does Travis discover as he reaches the cabin?
4. How does Mama prevent Jumper from jumping into the corn field?
5. What did Travis see on the face of a cliff at Salt Branch that impressed him?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)