|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Travis hide Old Yeller while he runs home to get help?
(a) Travis pushes him under an overhanging rock and covers the opening with a mesquite stump.
(b) Travis covers him with branches.
(c) Travis digs a hole and places Old Yeller in it.
(d) Travis pushes him into a cave.
2. Why is Mama so upset that Jumper is eating the corn?
(a) The corn is for the sheep.
(b) They need the corn to feed the cows.
(c) They need the corn to eat until winter comes.
(d) They won't have any corn meal for bread in the winter.
3. What does Travis ask his father for before he leaves?
(a) A dog.
(b) A horse.
(c) A Bowie knife.
(d) A new rifle.
4. What does Travis compare Little Arliss' screaming to?
(a) Squealing pigs.
(b) Comanches scalping him.
(c) Hungry babies.
(d) Wild boars.
5. What is the trouble that Travis thinks is too big for any of them to handle?
(a) The chickens have gone wild.
(b) The Spot heifer comes home acting crazy and ignores her calf.
(c) The Spot heifer is injured.
(d) There is a bear in the corn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of dogs do most of the settlers own?
2. What does Mama use to give water to Old Yeller?
3. What does Burn Sanderson tell Mama about Old Yeller?
4. What does Travis' mother instruct him to do while he is doing his chores?
5. What does Mama ask Travis to do after he milks the cows?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)