|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Travis doing when he hears Little Arliss screaming?
(a) He is splitting logs.
(b) He is hunting.
(c) He is fishing.
(d) He is hanging the meat.
2. What did Travis see on the face of a cliff at Salt Branch that impressed him?
(a) Cave men drawings.
(b) A shape in the cliff that looked like a man.
(c) Holes left by meteors.
(d) Sharp-winged swallows had build nests on the face of the cliff that looked like honeycombs.
3. What advice does Sanderson give to Travis about when to shoot an animal with hydrophobia?
(a) Shoot anything that is acting unnatural.
(b) Shoot the animal after it tries to bite.
(c) Shoot only wild animals, not pets.
(d) Shoot any animal he comes across until the hydrophobia is gone.
4. What makes the hogs under Travis' limb go wild with anger.
(a) The sight of Travis hovering above them.
(b) The squealing and scent of blood.
(c) Old Yeller nipping at their heals.
(d) Old Yeller pushing them into a ring.
5. Why does Little Arliss want to keep Old Yeller?
(a) He wants a dog to sleep with.
(b) He wants to teach the dog to hunt rabbits.
(c) He's never had a dog of his own.
(d) He wants a dog to protect him from Travis.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Travis finally shoot the turkey that he wounded in the pea garden?
2. What is Little Arliss' reaction to Old Yeller?
3. What is Mama's reaction to Sanderson's first suggestion?
4. What does Travis do to try to prevent Old Yeller from roaming at night?
5. How does Travis know that he is near the hogs?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)