|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the best times to go to the Salt Licks to hunt?
(a) Mid-afternoon and sunset.
(b) Mid-afternoon and late evening.
(c) Early morning and mid-afternoon.
(d) Early morning and late evening.
2. What does Sanderson tell Travis about the plague of hydrophobia?
(a) Sanderson tells Travis that he shot two coons that had it.
(b) Sanderson tells Travis that he shot two fox that had it.
(c) Sanderson tells Travis that he shot two wolves, a fox, and one skunk that had it.
(d) Sanderson tells Travis that he shot two dogs that had it.
3. Why is Travis sickened when he looks at Spot?
(a) He knows that he has to shoot her.
(b) She is vomiting constantly.
(c) He sees that a wound on her side is covered in maggots.
(d) She is starving and looks like a skeleton.
4. What changes Travis' mind about keeping the yeller dog as he rides to the cabin?
(a) He knows Arliss really wants the dog.
(b) He feels proud of himself and figures he can put up with the dog.
(c) He likes the yeller dog after all.
(d) He feels sorry for the starving yeller dog.
5. What does Travis' father ask him to do while he is away?
(a) He asks Travis to keep up with his school work.
(b) He asks Travis to take care of the family and act like a man.
(c) He asks Travis to fetch a neighbor to help the family.
(d) He asks Travis to go to neighbors and work for food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Little Arliss' reaction when they get back to the cabin?
2. What does Travis yell for Mama to bring him?
3. What news does Lisbeth tell Travis about her dog, Miss Prissy?
4. What does Travis decide to do about Old Yeller?
5. Where does Travis' family keep their hogs and cattle?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)