|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Mama want the buzzards to eat the dead animal?
(a) The meat will be good for Old Yeller and the puppy.
(b) They can eat the meat themselves.
(c) The meat will be good for the hogs.
(d) It might spread the disease.
2. What does the puppy look like that Lisbeth shows to Travis?
(a) He is yellow like Old Yeller.
(b) He is brown with white spots.
(c) He is gray with blue spots.
(d) He is dirty white and speckled with blue spots.
3. Why does Mama decide that the Spot heifer must be killed?
(a) It will provide them with enough meat for the winter.
(b) Old Yeller needs the meat to get well.
(c) It has hydrophobia.
(d) It is no good for milking.
4. Why do the hogs, cattle, and wild animals come to the Salt Licks?
(a) They eat the berries growing there.
(b) It has thick brambles where the animals hide.
(c) They lick the salt.
(d) They drink from the pond that is there.
5. What does Travis notice about Old Yeller when he first sees the dog?
(a) The dog is fat.
(b) The dog is starving.
(c) The dog is lame.
(d) The dog is injured.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Mama, Little Arliss, and Travis sit to see the bull fight?
2. What does Mama tell Little Arliss to do as she is about to remove Old Yeller's bandage?
3. Why can't Travis sleep on the night that Sanderson tells him about hydrophobia?
4. What is Travis' reaction to Old Yeller when the dog approaches him?
5. What does Travis' mother instruct him to do while he is doing his chores?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)