|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Travis and Old Yeller feel for a couple of weeks after the hog attack?
(a) They both recover quickly.
(b) Old Yeller recovers quickly but Travis has a rough time.
(c) Travis is feeling fine but Old Yeller has a rough time.
(d) They both have a rough time of it.
2. What does Mama make Arliss take out of his pockets before he goes to bed?
(a) Grasshoppers, worms, bugs, and lizards.
(b) His rock collection.
(c) His pennies.
(d) His tree frog.
3. What does Travis think about Lisbeth staying with them?
(a) He thinks she will pester him all day.
(b) He thinks she will sit and cry all day.
(c) He thinks she will work hard.
(d) He thinks she will be no help and a bother.
4. When do Mama, Travis, and Little Arliss finally make it home with Old Yeller?
(a) They get home at midnight.
(b) They get home before it gets dark.
(c) They get home just as it gets dark.
(d) They get home the next morning.
5. What does Travis' mother instruct him to do while he is doing his chores?
(a) He is to recite his Latin verbs while he works.
(b) He is to recite his numbers while he works.
(c) He is to say his prayers while he works.
(d) He is to think about Little Arliss and the dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mama say about Old Yeller?
2. How does Travis hide Old Yeller while he runs home to get help?
3. Why does the mother bear come running to attack Little Arliss?
4. What disease does Bud Searcy hope does not spread throughout the settlement before the men get back?
5. How does the first bull become wounded in the fight?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)