|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Arliss do when Travis yells at him?
(a) Arliss runs away and hides.
(b) Arliss throws a rock at Travis.
(c) Arliss sics the yeller dog on Travis.
(d) Arliss runs after Travis and kicks him.
2. What does Travis notice about Old Yeller when he first sees the dog?
(a) The dog is starving.
(b) The dog is lame.
(c) The dog is fat.
(d) The dog is injured.
3. What does Mama say about Old Yeller?
(a) She says that the dog has to go.
(b) She says that the dog is sick.
(c) She says that the dog can stay.
(d) She says that the dog needs some food.
4. What does Travis do to Jumper when he decides he doesn't want to plow anymore?
(a) He hits Jumper across the jaw with a club.
(b) He kicks Jumper in the rump.
(c) He lures Jumper back to the field with an apple.
(d) He pulls Jumper by the reins.
5. What is Old Yeller's reaction to the bear attack once they are all back in the cabin?
(a) He acts like the bear attack was great fun.
(b) He is trembling in the corner.
(c) He is licking Little Arliss.
(d) He is crying with pain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Travis concerned about being the man of the family?
2. What does Old Yeller do when he hears the bulls start to fight?
3. How does Little Arliss take Travis by surprise?
4. What does Mama wrap Little Arliss' hands in when he is finned by a fish?
5. What sound does Travis recognize that he has heard only once before?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)