|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Travis concerned about being the man of the family?
(a) He is concerned because no one listens to what he says or thinks.
(b) He doesn't feel confident enough.
(c) He just wants to be a boy.
(d) He is afraid to take on the responsibility.
2. How does Travis react to the pending bull fight?
(a) He can't watch because it sickens him.
(b) He feels bad for the bulls.
(c) He is excited and wants to see it.
(d) He blocks his ears from the sound of the bulls.
3. Why doesn't Travis want to shoot a javelina hog?
(a) He thinks they are funny little creatures.
(b) When one javelina hog gets shot, the whole bunch will attack.
(c) They are not big enough to feed the family.
(d) They are no good for eating.
4. What does Travis do to Jumper when he decides he doesn't want to plow anymore?
(a) He pulls Jumper by the reins.
(b) He hits Jumper across the jaw with a club.
(c) He kicks Jumper in the rump.
(d) He lures Jumper back to the field with an apple.
5. What do the Mexicans call a bull with a horn that hangs down past his jaw?
(a) A droop horn.
(b) A moon horn.
(c) A scoop horn.
(d) A loop horn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Travis want to shoot at a running deer?
2. What does Old Yeller do when he hears the bulls start to fight?
3. What does Travis' father ask him to do while he is away?
4. Why had Papa cleared out all the brush and trees from around the cabin?
5. How does Travis' dog, Bell, die?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)