|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Little Arliss take Travis by surprise?
(a) Little Arliss kicks him in the shin.
(b) Little Arliss punches him in the stomach.
(c) Little Arliss wrestles him to the ground.
(d) Little Arliss attacks him with a battling stick.
2. Who saves Little Arliss from the attacking bear?
(a) Old Yeller.
3. What is Old Yeller's reaction to the bear attack once they are all back in the cabin?
(a) He acts like the bear attack was great fun.
(b) He is crying with pain.
(c) He is trembling in the corner.
(d) He is licking Little Arliss.
4. Why doesn't Travis want to shoot a javelina hog?
(a) When one javelina hog gets shot, the whole bunch will attack.
(b) He thinks they are funny little creatures.
(c) They are not big enough to feed the family.
(d) They are no good for eating.
5. What does Travis' mother instruct him to do while he is doing his chores?
(a) He is to recite his Latin verbs while he works.
(b) He is to think about Little Arliss and the dog.
(c) He is to say his prayers while he works.
(d) He is to recite his numbers while he works.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the first bull become wounded in the fight?
2. What does Travis do as the doe keeps approaching him?
3. Why do the hogs, cattle, and wild animals come to the Salt Licks?
4. What does Travis do to Jumper when he decides he doesn't want to plow anymore?
5. What type of dogs do most of the settlers own?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)