|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why had Papa cleared out all the brush and trees from around the cabin?
(a) He cleared the brush to cut down on the bugs.
(b) He cleared the brush so Mama could plant roses.
(c) He cleared the brush to get a clear shot at Comanches and Apaches.
(d) He cleared the brush in case of a fire.
2. What does Arliss do when Travis yells at him?
(a) Arliss sics the yeller dog on Travis.
(b) Arliss throws a rock at Travis.
(c) Arliss runs after Travis and kicks him.
(d) Arliss runs away and hides.
3. Why can't Travis take Jumper close to the Salt Licks where he goes to hunt deer?
(a) It is too much of a rocky climb.
(b) Jumper will be attacked by a bear.
(c) Jumper is afraid of gunfire and he will scare away the game.
(d) Jumper is too old to go that far.
4. What does Travis compare Little Arliss' screaming to?
(a) Hungry babies.
(b) Wild boars.
(c) Comanches scalping him.
(d) Squealing pigs.
5. What does Mama wrap Little Arliss' hands in when he is finned by a fish?
(a) A poultice of prickly pear root.
(b) A bandage of bear fat.
(c) A cloth with iodine.
(d) A poultice of wet mud.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Travis ask his father for before he leaves?
2. What sound do the bulls make that are looking for a fight outside the family's cabin?
3. What does Old Yeller do when Travis sic's him on the bulls?
4. What is the first thing Travis does when he reaches the Salt Licks?
5. What is Little Arliss' reaction to Old Yeller?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)