|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Little Arliss want to keep Old Yeller?
(a) He's never had a dog of his own.
(b) He wants a dog to protect him from Travis.
(c) He wants a dog to sleep with.
(d) He wants to teach the dog to hunt rabbits.
2. What changes Travis' mind about keeping the yeller dog as he rides to the cabin?
(a) He feels sorry for the starving yeller dog.
(b) He knows Arliss really wants the dog.
(c) He likes the yeller dog after all.
(d) He feels proud of himself and figures he can put up with the dog.
3. What sound do the bulls make that are looking for a fight outside the family's cabin?
(a) They snort quietly.
(b) They squeal like pigs.
(c) They raise their voices in a wild, brassy blare.
(d) They quietly moan.
4. How does Travis' family come to get Old Yeller?
(a) The dog wanders to their cabin.
(b) They win the dog at the country fair.
(c) A friend gives the dog as a gift.
(d) They buy him from a neighbor.
5. What does Mama prepare for supper after Old Yeller arrives?
(a) Buttermilk biscuits.
(b) Hotcakes and honey.
(c) Beef stew.
(d) Corn meal mush.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Travis do as the doe keeps approaching him?
2. Why do the hogs, cattle, and wild animals come to the Salt Licks?
3. How does Little Arliss take Travis by surprise?
4. Why had Papa cleared out all the brush and trees from around the cabin?
5. Why doesn't Travis want to shoot at a running deer?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)