|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't Travis take Jumper close to the Salt Licks where he goes to hunt deer?
(a) Jumper is too old to go that far.
(b) Jumper will be attacked by a bear.
(c) Jumper is afraid of gunfire and he will scare away the game.
(d) It is too much of a rocky climb.
2. Who saves Little Arliss from the attacking bear?
(a) Old Yeller.
3. What does Old Yeller do when the bear slaps him head over heels?
(a) He lies on the ground.
(b) He crawls away.
(c) He staggers into the bushes.
(d) He charges again.
4. What does Mama say about Old Yeller?
(a) She says that the dog has to go.
(b) She says that the dog is sick.
(c) She says that the dog can stay.
(d) She says that the dog needs some food.
5. Why is Travis concerned about being the man of the family?
(a) He is afraid to take on the responsibility.
(b) He is concerned because no one listens to what he says or thinks.
(c) He just wants to be a boy.
(d) He doesn't feel confident enough.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Travis react to the pending bull fight?
2. How does the bull fight finally end?
3. What does Travis do to try and drive the bulls away from the cabin?
4. Who named Birdsong Creek?
5. How does Little Arliss take Travis by surprise?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)