|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What changes Travis' mind about keeping the yeller dog as he rides to the cabin?
(a) He likes the yeller dog after all.
(b) He feels proud of himself and figures he can put up with the dog.
(c) He knows Arliss really wants the dog.
(d) He feels sorry for the starving yeller dog.
2. What does Travis do to Jumper when he decides he doesn't want to plow anymore?
(a) He pulls Jumper by the reins.
(b) He kicks Jumper in the rump.
(c) He hits Jumper across the jaw with a club.
(d) He lures Jumper back to the field with an apple.
3. Why does Little Arliss cry when his father goes away?
(a) He just got stung by a bee.
(b) He doesn't want to stay with his mother.
(c) He wants to go too.
(d) He will miss his father.
4. How does Travis' family come to get Old Yeller?
(a) The dog wanders to their cabin.
(b) They buy him from a neighbor.
(c) They win the dog at the country fair.
(d) A friend gives the dog as a gift.
5. Where do Mama, Little Arliss, and Travis sit to see the bull fight?
(a) On the cabin steps.
(b) On the grassy knoll.
(c) At the cabin window.
(d) On the split-rail fence.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Travis annoyed with Mama and Little Arliss?
2. What is Little Arliss' reaction when they get back to the cabin?
3. How does the first bull become wounded in the fight?
4. How does Travis react to the pending bull fight?
5. What sound does Travis recognize that he has heard only once before?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)