|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Mexicans call a bull with a horn that hangs down past his jaw?
(a) A loop horn.
(b) A scoop horn.
(c) A droop horn.
(d) A moon horn.
2. What does Mama prepare for supper after Old Yeller arrives?
(a) Beef stew.
(b) Buttermilk biscuits.
(c) Hotcakes and honey.
(d) Corn meal mush.
3. What sound does Travis recognize that he has heard only once before?
(a) The sound of a dog dying.
(b) The coughing roar of a charging bear.
(c) The wild snarl of a mountain lion.
(d) The whimpering of a bear cub.
4. Why is Travis' father leaving the family for months?
(a) He is driving cattle to Abilene.
(b) He is going East to school.
(c) He is working as a field hand in Abilene.
(d) He is going East to care for his dying mother.
5. How does the bull fight finally end?
(a) One of the bulls falls in the cart and it rolls down the hill.
(b) Travis shoots at them.
(c) The bulls give up and stagger away with their wounds.
(d) The old bull is killed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Little Arliss' reaction to Old Yeller?
2. What does Travis discover as he reaches the cabin?
3. Why is Travis concerned about being the man of the family?
4. Why does the mother bear come running to attack Little Arliss?
5. What does Arliss start catching after Old Yeller arrives?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)