|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Travis' family come to get Old Yeller?
(a) They buy him from a neighbor.
(b) The dog wanders to their cabin.
(c) A friend gives the dog as a gift.
(d) They win the dog at the country fair.
2. What does Arliss start catching after Old Yeller arrives?
(a) Rabbits, birds, possum, and other small game.
(b) Rabbits, moles, and mice.
(c) Possum and skunks.
(d) Copperhead snakes.
3. What does Travis discover as he reaches the cabin?
(a) Arliss and the yeller dog are sleeping in the hay.
(b) Arliss and the yeller dog are playing ball.
(c) Arliss and the yeller dog are sharing a piece of meat.
(d) Arliss and the yeller dog are in the drinking water.
4. What is Little Arliss' reaction to Old Yeller?
(a) He falls on the dog and pets him.
(b) He is afraid of the dog.
(c) He feeds the dog his breakfast.
(d) He yells at the dog to go away.
5. How does Little Arliss take Travis by surprise?
(a) Little Arliss wrestles him to the ground.
(b) Little Arliss attacks him with a battling stick.
(c) Little Arliss kicks him in the shin.
(d) Little Arliss punches him in the stomach.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sound does Travis recognize that he has heard only once before?
2. What does Travis notice about Old Yeller when he first sees the dog?
3. What does Travis do as the doe keeps approaching him?
4. Who named Birdsong Creek?
5. Why do the hogs, cattle, and wild animals come to the Salt Licks?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)