|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Mama, Little Arliss, and Travis sit to see the bull fight?
(a) On the split-rail fence.
(b) On the grassy knoll.
(c) On the cabin steps.
(d) At the cabin window.
2. Why had Papa cleared out all the brush and trees from around the cabin?
(a) He cleared the brush in case of a fire.
(b) He cleared the brush to get a clear shot at Comanches and Apaches.
(c) He cleared the brush so Mama could plant roses.
(d) He cleared the brush to cut down on the bugs.
3. What does Travis think about Old Yeller?
(a) He thinks the dog is smart but he doesn't want him.
(b) He thinks the dog is a purebred.
(c) He thinks the dog is vicious.
(d) He thinks the dog is stupid.
4. What warns the doe that Travis is nearby?
(a) He laughs at a squirrel.
(b) He stretches out his leg.
(c) He scratches his ear.
(d) He sneezes.
5. How does Travis react to the pending bull fight?
(a) He blocks his ears from the sound of the bulls.
(b) He feels bad for the bulls.
(c) He is excited and wants to see it.
(d) He can't watch because it sickens him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Little Arliss cry when his father goes away?
2. What is the first thing Travis does when he reaches the Salt Licks?
3. What is Little Arliss' reaction when they get back to the cabin?
4. What does Travis compare Little Arliss' screaming to?
5. What type of dogs do most of the settlers own?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)