|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the color of the two bulls?
(a) One of the bulls is a mustard color and the other is a red roan.
(b) One of the bulls is a mustard color and the other is black.
(c) One of the bulls is black and the other is gray with spots.
(d) One of the bulls is a red roan and the other is black.
2. What does Travis decide to do about Old Yeller?
(a) Make friends with him.
(b) Find a way to get rid of him.
(c) Obedience train him.
(d) Teach him to hunt.
3. What changes Travis' mind about keeping the yeller dog as he rides to the cabin?
(a) He feels proud of himself and figures he can put up with the dog.
(b) He knows Arliss really wants the dog.
(c) He feels sorry for the starving yeller dog.
(d) He likes the yeller dog after all.
4. Why doesn't Travis want to shoot at a running deer?
(a) He knows he can't make the shot.
(b) He doesn't want to scare the animals into a stampede.
(c) His rifle isn't accurate enough to make the shot.
(d) He is afraid that he will only wound it.
5. What is Little Arliss' reaction when they get back to the cabin?
(a) He is angry at the bear.
(b) He passes out from fear.
(c) He is shaking all over and clinging to Mama.
(d) He is angry that Travis pulled the cub away.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Travis want to shoot a javelina hog?
2. What are all Texans short of now that the Civil War is over?
3. What is Little Arliss' reaction to Old Yeller?
4. What does Mama make with lye water and hog fat?
5. What does Mama say about Old Yeller?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)