|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Travis know that Little Arliss is in trouble?
(a) Arliss' screams are loud, shrill, and frantic.
(b) Arliss is crying which he never usually does.
(c) Arliss is screaming about the yeller dog.
(d) Arliss is screaming for Travis which is unusual.
2. What sound do the bulls make that are looking for a fight outside the family's cabin?
(a) They squeal like pigs.
(b) They snort quietly.
(c) They quietly moan.
(d) They raise their voices in a wild, brassy blare.
3. What does Travis ask his father for before he leaves?
(a) A dog.
(b) A Bowie knife.
(c) A new rifle.
(d) A horse.
4. How does Little Arliss take Travis by surprise?
(a) Little Arliss punches him in the stomach.
(b) Little Arliss attacks him with a battling stick.
(c) Little Arliss wrestles him to the ground.
(d) Little Arliss kicks him in the shin.
5. What changes Travis' mind about keeping the yeller dog as he rides to the cabin?
(a) He knows Arliss really wants the dog.
(b) He feels proud of himself and figures he can put up with the dog.
(c) He likes the yeller dog after all.
(d) He feels sorry for the starving yeller dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Arliss start catching after Old Yeller arrives?
2. What does Old Yeller do when the bear slaps him head over heels?
3. Who saves Little Arliss from the attacking bear?
4. What does Travis think about Old Yeller?
5. What does Travis' mother instruct him to do while he is doing his chores?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)