|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Little Arliss cry when his father goes away?
(a) He doesn't want to stay with his mother.
(b) He will miss his father.
(c) He just got stung by a bee.
(d) He wants to go too.
2. How does the bull fight finally end?
(a) The old bull is killed.
(b) Travis shoots at them.
(c) One of the bulls falls in the cart and it rolls down the hill.
(d) The bulls give up and stagger away with their wounds.
3. How does Little Arliss take Travis by surprise?
(a) Little Arliss punches him in the stomach.
(b) Little Arliss kicks him in the shin.
(c) Little Arliss wrestles him to the ground.
(d) Little Arliss attacks him with a battling stick.
4. Why do the hogs, cattle, and wild animals come to the Salt Licks?
(a) They eat the berries growing there.
(b) They lick the salt.
(c) They drink from the pond that is there.
(d) It has thick brambles where the animals hide.
5. What does Travis do to try and drive the bulls away from the cabin?
(a) He tosses boiling water at them.
(b) He throws rocks at them.
(c) He goes after them with a bull whip.
(d) He chases them with a pitch fork.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the first bull become wounded in the fight?
2. What is Little Arliss' reaction to Old Yeller?
3. How does Travis know that Little Arliss is in trouble?
4. What warns the doe that Travis is nearby?
5. How does Travis interpret the sounds of the old bull?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)