|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mama say about Old Yeller?
(a) She says that the dog needs some food.
(b) She says that the dog can stay.
(c) She says that the dog has to go.
(d) She says that the dog is sick.
2. How does the first bull become wounded in the fight?
(a) The first bull has his horn ripped out.
(b) The first bull is gored in the hip.
(c) The first bull is slammed by the other bull's horn in the shoulder.
(d) The first bull is slammed in the ribs.
3. What does Old Yeller do when Travis sic's him on the bulls?
(a) He circles the bulls, howling.
(b) He leaps onto the back of one of the bulls.
(c) He attacks the bulls.
(d) He runs away into the woods.
4. What does Travis notice about Old Yeller when he first sees the dog?
(a) The dog is lame.
(b) The dog is starving.
(c) The dog is fat.
(d) The dog is injured.
5. What does Mama ask Travis to do after he milks the cows?
(a) Read the Bible.
(b) Kill a doe for meat.
(c) Feed the dog.
(d) Get Little Arliss ready for bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Travis decide to do about Old Yeller?
2. What does Travis think about Old Yeller?
3. What do the Mexicans call a bull with a horn that hangs down past his jaw?
4. Why can't Travis take Jumper close to the Salt Licks where he goes to hunt deer?
5. How does Little Arliss take Travis by surprise?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)