|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Little Arliss cry when his father goes away?
(a) He just got stung by a bee.
(b) He doesn't want to stay with his mother.
(c) He will miss his father.
(d) He wants to go too.
2. What does Arliss do when Travis yells at him?
(a) Arliss throws a rock at Travis.
(b) Arliss sics the yeller dog on Travis.
(c) Arliss runs away and hides.
(d) Arliss runs after Travis and kicks him.
3. Why do the hogs, cattle, and wild animals come to the Salt Licks?
(a) They lick the salt.
(b) It has thick brambles where the animals hide.
(c) They drink from the pond that is there.
(d) They eat the berries growing there.
4. What does Old Yeller do when the bear slaps him head over heels?
(a) He lies on the ground.
(b) He crawls away.
(c) He charges again.
(d) He staggers into the bushes.
5. Why doesn't Travis want to shoot at a running deer?
(a) He is afraid that he will only wound it.
(b) He doesn't want to scare the animals into a stampede.
(c) He knows he can't make the shot.
(d) His rifle isn't accurate enough to make the shot.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Travis' family come to get Old Yeller?
2. What does Travis' father ask him to do while he is away?
3. How does the bull fight finally end?
4. What does Travis think about Old Yeller?
5. How does Travis react to the pending bull fight?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)