|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Travis interpret the sounds of the old bull?
(a) Travis says that the old bull is asking the younger bull to kill him.
(b) Travis says that the old bull is giving up his rights as leader.
(c) Travis says that the old bull is surrendering and willing to die.
(d) Travis says that the bull is bragging about being the biggest, toughest, and meanest.
2. What does Travis do to try and drive the bulls away from the cabin?
(a) He goes after them with a bull whip.
(b) He throws rocks at them.
(c) He tosses boiling water at them.
(d) He chases them with a pitch fork.
3. What is the color of the two bulls?
(a) One of the bulls is a mustard color and the other is a red roan.
(b) One of the bulls is a red roan and the other is black.
(c) One of the bulls is black and the other is gray with spots.
(d) One of the bulls is a mustard color and the other is black.
4. Who named Birdsong Creek?
(b) The settlers.
(c) Little Arliss.
5. Where do Mama, Little Arliss, and Travis sit to see the bull fight?
(a) At the cabin window.
(b) On the split-rail fence.
(c) On the grassy knoll.
(d) On the cabin steps.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Travis' father ask him to do while he is away?
2. How does Travis' dog, Bell, die?
3. What warns the doe that Travis is nearby?
4. Why doesn't Travis want to shoot a javelina hog?
5. What does Mama make Arliss take out of his pockets before he goes to bed?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)