|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Little Arliss' reaction to Old Yeller?
(a) He yells at the dog to go away.
(b) He is afraid of the dog.
(c) He feeds the dog his breakfast.
(d) He falls on the dog and pets him.
2. What is Old Yeller's reaction to the bear attack once they are all back in the cabin?
(a) He is licking Little Arliss.
(b) He acts like the bear attack was great fun.
(c) He is crying with pain.
(d) He is trembling in the corner.
3. Who saves Little Arliss from the attacking bear?
(b) Old Yeller.
4. What does Travis think about Old Yeller?
(a) He thinks the dog is a purebred.
(b) He thinks the dog is smart but he doesn't want him.
(c) He thinks the dog is stupid.
(d) He thinks the dog is vicious.
5. What do the Mexicans call a bull with a horn that hangs down past his jaw?
(a) A droop horn.
(b) A scoop horn.
(c) A loop horn.
(d) A moon horn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Travis want to shoot a javelina hog?
2. How does Travis' dog, Bell, die?
3. What does Old Yeller do when Travis sic's him on the bulls?
4. What does Travis decide to do about Old Yeller?
5. Why is Travis concerned about being the man of the family?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)