|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does Searcy bring to Travis, Little Arliss, and Mama?
(a) He tells them that Rosal shot a fox.
(b) He tells them that Jed Simpson shot a turkey.
(c) He tells them that the cows are going dry and the gardens are failing around the settlement.
(d) He tells them that the men will be home in a few days.
2. Why does Little Arliss want to keep Old Yeller?
(a) He's never had a dog of his own.
(b) He wants to teach the dog to hunt rabbits.
(c) He wants a dog to sleep with.
(d) He wants a dog to protect him from Travis.
3. How does Travis show his love for Old Yeller?
(a) He bathes him, pulls thorns from his paw, burns ticks off, and lets him sleep with him.
(b) He gives Old Yeller his share of the meat.
(c) He brings Old Yeller for long walks.
(d) He brushes the dog every day.
4. Why can't Travis sleep on the night that Sanderson tells him about hydrophobia?
(a) Travis stays awake watching for mad animals.
(b) Travis has nightmares about mad dogs and wolves.
(c) Travis stays awake praying for Papa to come home.
(d) Travis watches over Arliss and Mama.
5. What is a strange varmit stealing from the people in the settlement?
(b) Flour and eggs.
(d) Meat, eggs, and cornbread.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Searcy go into the house when Mama invites him?
2. What does Old Yeller do when Travis sic's him on the bulls?
3. How does the first bull become wounded in the fight?
4. What does Old Yeller do when he hears the bulls start to fight?
5. How does Travis react to the pending bull fight?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)