|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Travis interpret the sounds of the old bull?
(a) Travis says that the bull is bragging about being the biggest, toughest, and meanest.
(b) Travis says that the old bull is giving up his rights as leader.
(c) Travis says that the old bull is surrendering and willing to die.
(d) Travis says that the old bull is asking the younger bull to kill him.
2. Why does Travis run off when the trade is made between Arliss and Sanderson?
(a) Travis doesn't want to spend any time with Sanderson.
(b) Travis doesn't want Sanderson to see him cry.
(c) Travis is angry that the trade is made with Arliss and not him.
(d) Travis wants a puppy.
3. What is Little Arliss' reaction to Old Yeller?
(a) He falls on the dog and pets him.
(b) He feeds the dog his breakfast.
(c) He is afraid of the dog.
(d) He yells at the dog to go away.
4. What does Sanderson tell Travis about the plague of hydrophobia?
(a) Sanderson tells Travis that he shot two wolves, a fox, and one skunk that had it.
(b) Sanderson tells Travis that he shot two fox that had it.
(c) Sanderson tells Travis that he shot two dogs that had it.
(d) Sanderson tells Travis that he shot two coons that had it.
5. What is the first suggestion Sanderson gives to Mama about keeping Old Yeller?
(a) He suggests that the dog stays with them until Papa comes back.
(b) He suggests that she take the boys inside while he grabs Old Yeller.
(c) He offers to give her a puppy instead of Old Yeller.
(d) He suggests that she pay him with the milk cow to keep Old Yeller.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the marks that Travis makes on the hogs?
2. Why doesn't Searcy go into the house when Mama invites him?
3. What do the hogs do if a blizzard is on the way?
4. What type of hog hangs out with the sows to protect them?
5. What does Mama ask Travis to do after he milks the cows?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)