|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mama ask Travis to do after he milks the cows?
(a) Get Little Arliss ready for bed.
(b) Kill a doe for meat.
(c) Read the Bible.
(d) Feed the dog.
2. How does Travis react to the pending bull fight?
(a) He blocks his ears from the sound of the bulls.
(b) He is excited and wants to see it.
(c) He can't watch because it sickens him.
(d) He feels bad for the bulls.
3. What does Old Yeller do when he hears the bulls start to fight?
(a) He cowers in the corner of the cabin.
(b) He hides behind Arliss.
(c) He charges at them, trying to chase them away.
(d) He runs away into the hills.
4. What is Travis' reaction to Old Yeller when the dog approaches him?
(a) Travis backs away.
(b) Travis screams at him.
(c) Travis whispers to Old Yeller.
(d) Travis kicked at him as hard as he could.
5. How does Little Arliss act when Travis takes him squirrel hunting?
(a) Arliss turns out to be a good hunter.
(b) Arliss is as quiet as a mouse.
(c) Arliss is talented at tracking game.
(d) Arliss is noisy and pesky.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Little Arliss do to Sanderson?
2. How does Travis react to the news about hydrophobia?
3. What does Travis have to do to the hogs to be able to tell them apart from the neighbor's hogs?
4. Why had Papa cleared out all the brush and trees from around the cabin?
5. Why can't Travis sleep on the night that Sanderson tells him about hydrophobia?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)