|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Travis begin to love Old Yeller?
(a) He begins to love the dog after the bear attack.
(b) He begins to love the dog when the dog crawls into his bed.
(c) He begins to love the dog when Arliss asks him to.
(d) He begins to love the dog when the dog gets sick.
2. How does Travis finally shoot the turkey that he wounded in the pea garden?
(a) The turkey is slow because it is wounded and Travis is able to shoot it.
(b) Old Yeller tracks down the turkey and trees it, so Travis can shoot it.
(c) The turkey runs in circles in the peas and Travis shoots it.
(d) Little Arliss throws a stone at the turkey, knocking it down and Travis shoots it.
3. How does Travis feel about marking the hogs?
(a) He is terrified and tries to find a way out of it.
(b) He is looking forward to it.
(c) He thinks it's a tedious job.
(d) He is afraid but knows he has to do it.
4. What does Travis do to try and drive the bulls away from the cabin?
(a) He tosses boiling water at them.
(b) He goes after them with a bull whip.
(c) He chases them with a pitch fork.
(d) He throws rocks at them.
5. What is Travis' reaction to Old Yeller when the dog approaches him?
(a) Travis kicked at him as hard as he could.
(b) Travis backs away.
(c) Travis whispers to Old Yeller.
(d) Travis screams at him.
Short Answer Questions
1. When do the hogs become the most vicious?
2. Why had Papa cleared out all the brush and trees from around the cabin?
3. How does the bull fight finally end?
4. What sound do the bulls make that are looking for a fight outside the family's cabin?
5. How does Little Arliss take Travis by surprise?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)