|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Travis finally shoot the turkey that he wounded in the pea garden?
(a) Little Arliss throws a stone at the turkey, knocking it down and Travis shoots it.
(b) The turkey runs in circles in the peas and Travis shoots it.
(c) Old Yeller tracks down the turkey and trees it, so Travis can shoot it.
(d) The turkey is slow because it is wounded and Travis is able to shoot it.
2. What is Travis' reaction to Old Yeller when the dog approaches him?
(a) Travis backs away.
(b) Travis whispers to Old Yeller.
(c) Travis screams at him.
(d) Travis kicked at him as hard as he could.
3. What does Burn Sanderson tell Mama about Old Yeller?
(a) He is He is the best sheep dog that was ever born.
(b) He is obedient and submissive.
(c) He is no good with cows.
(d) He is the best cow dog that was ever born.
4. Why can't Travis sleep on the night that Sanderson tells him about hydrophobia?
(a) Travis has nightmares about mad dogs and wolves.
(b) Travis stays awake praying for Papa to come home.
(c) Travis watches over Arliss and Mama.
(d) Travis stays awake watching for mad animals.
5. How does Travis feel about marking the hogs?
(a) He is afraid but knows he has to do it.
(b) He thinks it's a tedious job.
(c) He is looking forward to it.
(d) He is terrified and tries to find a way out of it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Travis notice about Old Yeller when he first sees the dog?
2. What do the hogs do if a blizzard is on the way?
3. What does Papa compare training the mind to handle fear with?
4. What is the trade that Sanderson and Little Arliss agree upon?
5. What does Travis discover when he opens the dog run door where the meat is stored?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)