|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't Travis sleep on the night that Sanderson tells him about hydrophobia?
(a) Travis watches over Arliss and Mama.
(b) Travis has nightmares about mad dogs and wolves.
(c) Travis stays awake watching for mad animals.
(d) Travis stays awake praying for Papa to come home.
2. What does Old Yeller do when Travis sic's him on the bulls?
(a) He circles the bulls, howling.
(b) He runs away into the woods.
(c) He leaps onto the back of one of the bulls.
(d) He attacks the bulls.
3. What does Papa compare training the mind to handle fear with?
(a) Training the eye to wink.
(b) Training an arm to throw a rock.
(c) Training the mouth to whistle.
(d) Training a foot to kick a stone.
4. What news does Lisbeth tell Travis about her dog, Miss Prissy?
(a) Miss Prissy is sick and dying.
(b) Miss Prissy won first prize in at the fair.
(c) Miss Prissy is going to have Old Yeller's puppies.
(d) Miss Prissy is a purebread fox hound.
5. What does Travis' mother instruct him to do while he is doing his chores?
(a) He is to recite his Latin verbs while he works.
(b) He is to think about Little Arliss and the dog.
(c) He is to say his prayers while he works.
(d) He is to recite his numbers while he works.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Little Arliss want to keep Old Yeller?
2. How does the first bull become wounded in the fight?
3. What are the symptoms of hydrophobia?
4. How does Travis interpret the sounds of the old bull?
5. What is Little Arliss' reaction to Old Yeller?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)