|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Travis' family keep their hogs and cattle?
(a) They keep then in a barn.
(b) They keep them in a lean to.
(c) They are loose on the range.
(d) They keep them in a fenced pasture.
2. What do the hogs do if a blizzard is on the way?
(a) They go into caves in the side of the hill.
(b) They head back to the barn.
(c) They pack leaves and dry grass into a thicket or cave and sleep in it.
(d) They stand in the snow until someone leads them home.
3. What sound do the bulls make that are looking for a fight outside the family's cabin?
(a) They quietly moan.
(b) They snort quietly.
(c) They raise their voices in a wild, brassy blare.
(d) They squeal like pigs.
4. How does Travis react to the pending bull fight?
(a) He can't watch because it sickens him.
(b) He feels bad for the bulls.
(c) He blocks his ears from the sound of the bulls.
(d) He is excited and wants to see it.
5. What kind of man is Burn Sanderson?
(a) He is young, nice, and polite.
(b) He is old and haggard.
(c) He is young and rude.
(d) He is rough and crude.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't Travis sleep on the night that Sanderson tells him about hydrophobia?
2. How does Travis interpret the sounds of the old bull?
3. What are the marks that Travis makes on the hogs?
4. What does Travis have to do to the hogs to be able to tell them apart from the neighbor's hogs?
5. How does Travis show his love for Old Yeller?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)