|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the trade that Sanderson and Little Arliss agree upon?
(a) Sanderson gives Old Yeller to Arliss for the mule, Jumper.
(b) Sanderson gives Old Yeller to Arliss for a pair of Papa's boots.
(c) Sanderson gives Old Yeller to Arliss for a home cooked meal.
(d) Sanderson gives Old Yeller to Arliss for a sack of corn meal.
2. What does Mama prepare for supper after Old Yeller arrives?
(a) Corn meal mush.
(b) Hotcakes and honey.
(c) Beef stew.
(d) Buttermilk biscuits.
3. How does Travis interpret the sounds of the old bull?
(a) Travis says that the old bull is surrendering and willing to die.
(b) Travis says that the old bull is asking the younger bull to kill him.
(c) Travis says that the bull is bragging about being the biggest, toughest, and meanest.
(d) Travis says that the old bull is giving up his rights as leader.
4. What does Travis discover when he opens the dog run door where the meat is stored?
(a) The meat is rotten.
(b) Little Arliss is hanging from the meat.
(c) The meat is gone.
(d) A wolf is eating the meat.
5. How does Little Arliss act when Travis takes him squirrel hunting?
(a) Arliss is noisy and pesky.
(b) Arliss is as quiet as a mouse.
(c) Arliss turns out to be a good hunter.
(d) Arliss is talented at tracking game.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sanderson tell Travis about the plague of hydrophobia?
2. What does Mama ask Travis to do after he milks the cows?
3. What is Little Arliss' reaction to Old Yeller?
4. Where does Travis' family keep their hogs and cattle?
5. What is the hog's favorite food?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)