|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Travis interpret the sounds of the old bull?
(a) Travis says that the bull is bragging about being the biggest, toughest, and meanest.
(b) Travis says that the old bull is giving up his rights as leader.
(c) Travis says that the old bull is asking the younger bull to kill him.
(d) Travis says that the old bull is surrendering and willing to die.
2. What does Travis decide to do about Old Yeller?
(a) Obedience train him.
(b) Find a way to get rid of him.
(c) Teach him to hunt.
(d) Make friends with him.
3. What do the Mexicans call a bull with a horn that hangs down past his jaw?
(a) A moon horn.
(b) A droop horn.
(c) A loop horn.
(d) A scoop horn.
4. What disease does Bud Searcy hope does not spread throughout the settlement before the men get back?
(c) Small Pox.
5. What does Sanderson tell Travis about the plague of hydrophobia?
(a) Sanderson tells Travis that he shot two fox that had it.
(b) Sanderson tells Travis that he shot two coons that had it.
(c) Sanderson tells Travis that he shot two dogs that had it.
(d) Sanderson tells Travis that he shot two wolves, a fox, and one skunk that had it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Travis notice about Old Yeller when he first sees the dog?
2. What will the hogs do if they catch up to someone?
3. How does Little Arliss take Travis by surprise?
4. What does Mama prepare for supper after Old Yeller arrives?
5. What is the trade that Sanderson and Little Arliss agree upon?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)