|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Travis react to the news about hydrophobia?
(a) He is scared and mixed up about the danger.
(b) He thinks Sanderson is overreacting.
(c) He thinks Sanderson is lying about it.
(d) He doesn't think it is anything to be concerned about.
2. Why can't Travis sleep on the night that Sanderson tells him about hydrophobia?
(a) Travis has nightmares about mad dogs and wolves.
(b) Travis stays awake praying for Papa to come home.
(c) Travis stays awake watching for mad animals.
(d) Travis watches over Arliss and Mama.
3. What does Travis do to try and drive the bulls away from the cabin?
(a) He chases them with a pitch fork.
(b) He throws rocks at them.
(c) He goes after them with a bull whip.
(d) He tosses boiling water at them.
4. What does Old Yeller do when Travis sic's him on the bulls?
(a) He attacks the bulls.
(b) He circles the bulls, howling.
(c) He leaps onto the back of one of the bulls.
(d) He runs away into the woods.
5. What does Sanderson tell Travis about the plague of hydrophobia?
(a) Sanderson tells Travis that he shot two fox that had it.
(b) Sanderson tells Travis that he shot two coons that had it.
(c) Sanderson tells Travis that he shot two dogs that had it.
(d) Sanderson tells Travis that he shot two wolves, a fox, and one skunk that had it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the trade that Sanderson and Little Arliss agree upon?
2. What is a strange varmit stealing from the people in the settlement?
3. What does Travis' mother instruct him to do while he is doing his chores?
4. How does the first bull become wounded in the fight?
5. What do the Mexicans call a bull with a horn that hangs down past his jaw?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)