|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the hogs do if a blizzard is on the way?
(a) They head back to the barn.
(b) They pack leaves and dry grass into a thicket or cave and sleep in it.
(c) They stand in the snow until someone leads them home.
(d) They go into caves in the side of the hill.
2. What is the trade that Sanderson and Little Arliss agree upon?
(a) Sanderson gives Old Yeller to Arliss for a sack of corn meal.
(b) Sanderson gives Old Yeller to Arliss for a pair of Papa's boots.
(c) Sanderson gives Old Yeller to Arliss for the mule, Jumper.
(d) Sanderson gives Old Yeller to Arliss for a home cooked meal.
3. What news does Lisbeth tell Travis about her dog, Miss Prissy?
(a) Miss Prissy won first prize in at the fair.
(b) Miss Prissy is going to have Old Yeller's puppies.
(c) Miss Prissy is a purebread fox hound.
(d) Miss Prissy is sick and dying.
4. What news does Searcy bring to Travis, Little Arliss, and Mama?
(a) He tells them that Rosal shot a fox.
(b) He tells them that the men will be home in a few days.
(c) He tells them that Jed Simpson shot a turkey.
(d) He tells them that the cows are going dry and the gardens are failing around the settlement.
5. What is Little Arliss' reaction to Old Yeller?
(a) He is afraid of the dog.
(b) He feeds the dog his breakfast.
(c) He falls on the dog and pets him.
(d) He yells at the dog to go away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mama ask Travis to do after he milks the cows?
2. Why had Papa cleared out all the brush and trees from around the cabin?
3. What does Travis discover when he opens the dog run door where the meat is stored?
4. What sound do the bulls make that are looking for a fight outside the family's cabin?
5. What is the color of the two bulls?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)