|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Travis decide to do about Old Yeller?
(a) Find a way to get rid of him.
(b) Obedience train him.
(c) Make friends with him.
(d) Teach him to hunt.
2. Why is Bud Searcy left behind when all the men drive the cattle to Abilene?
(a) He is shiftless.
(b) He is blind.
(c) He has only one arm.
(d) He doesn't have a horse.
3. What does Sanderson tell Travis about the plague of hydrophobia?
(a) Sanderson tells Travis that he shot two dogs that had it.
(b) Sanderson tells Travis that he shot two wolves, a fox, and one skunk that had it.
(c) Sanderson tells Travis that he shot two coons that had it.
(d) Sanderson tells Travis that he shot two fox that had it.
4. What does Mama prepare for supper after Old Yeller arrives?
(a) Buttermilk biscuits.
(b) Corn meal mush.
(c) Hotcakes and honey.
(d) Beef stew.
5. What kind of man is Burn Sanderson?
(a) He is young, nice, and polite.
(b) He is old and haggard.
(c) He is young and rude.
(d) He is rough and crude.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Papa compare training the mind to handle fear with?
2. What does Travis notice about Old Yeller when he first sees the dog?
3. What is a strange varmit stealing from the people in the settlement?
4. Why does Little Arliss want to keep Old Yeller?
5. What does Burn Sanderson tell Mama about Old Yeller?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)