|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Travis do to try and drive the bulls away from the cabin?
(a) He throws rocks at them.
(b) He tosses boiling water at them.
(c) He chases them with a pitch fork.
(d) He goes after them with a bull whip.
2. What is the first suggestion Sanderson gives to Mama about keeping Old Yeller?
(a) He suggests that the dog stays with them until Papa comes back.
(b) He offers to give her a puppy instead of Old Yeller.
(c) He suggests that she take the boys inside while he grabs Old Yeller.
(d) He suggests that she pay him with the milk cow to keep Old Yeller.
3. Why doesn't Searcy go into the house when Mama invites him?
(a) He says that he would rather sit in the dog run.
(b) He says that he doesn't feel at ease in the house.
(c) He says that the house smell like the old dog.
(d) He says that he didn't come for a social call.
4. When does Travis begin to love Old Yeller?
(a) He begins to love the dog when Arliss asks him to.
(b) He begins to love the dog when the dog crawls into his bed.
(c) He begins to love the dog when the dog gets sick.
(d) He begins to love the dog after the bear attack.
5. What is the trade that Sanderson and Little Arliss agree upon?
(a) Sanderson gives Old Yeller to Arliss for a sack of corn meal.
(b) Sanderson gives Old Yeller to Arliss for the mule, Jumper.
(c) Sanderson gives Old Yeller to Arliss for a home cooked meal.
(d) Sanderson gives Old Yeller to Arliss for a pair of Papa's boots.
Short Answer Questions
1. When do the hogs become the most vicious?
2. What does Travis discover when he opens the dog run door where the meat is stored?
3. How does Travis react to the news about hydrophobia?
4. What is a strange varmit stealing from the people in the settlement?
5. How does Travis interpret the sounds of the old bull?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)