|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Travis have to do to the hogs to be able to tell them apart from the neighbor's hogs?
(a) He tattoos their ears.
(b) He cuts their tails.
(c) He brands them.
(d) He has to catch them and mark them.
2. How does Travis show his love for Old Yeller?
(a) He brushes the dog every day.
(b) He brings Old Yeller for long walks.
(c) He gives Old Yeller his share of the meat.
(d) He bathes him, pulls thorns from his paw, burns ticks off, and lets him sleep with him.
3. What is the first suggestion Sanderson gives to Mama about keeping Old Yeller?
(a) He suggests that she take the boys inside while he grabs Old Yeller.
(b) He suggests that she pay him with the milk cow to keep Old Yeller.
(c) He offers to give her a puppy instead of Old Yeller.
(d) He suggests that the dog stays with them until Papa comes back.
4. What does Papa compare training the mind to handle fear with?
(a) Training the eye to wink.
(b) Training an arm to throw a rock.
(c) Training a foot to kick a stone.
(d) Training the mouth to whistle.
5. What makes the hogs under Travis' limb go wild with anger.
(a) Old Yeller nipping at their heals.
(b) The squealing and scent of blood.
(c) Old Yeller pushing them into a ring.
(d) The sight of Travis hovering above them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Travis' mother instruct him to do while he is doing his chores?
2. What does Mama prepare for supper after Old Yeller arrives?
3. Why does Travis run off when the trade is made between Arliss and Sanderson?
4. How does Travis finally shoot the turkey that he wounded in the pea garden?
5. What does Travis do to try and drive the bulls away from the cabin?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)