|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sanderson tell Travis about the plague of hydrophobia?
(a) Sanderson tells Travis that he shot two wolves, a fox, and one skunk that had it.
(b) Sanderson tells Travis that he shot two coons that had it.
(c) Sanderson tells Travis that he shot two fox that had it.
(d) Sanderson tells Travis that he shot two dogs that had it.
2. How does the first bull become wounded in the fight?
(a) The first bull is slammed by the other bull's horn in the shoulder.
(b) The first bull is gored in the hip.
(c) The first bull is slammed in the ribs.
(d) The first bull has his horn ripped out.
3. What does Travis do to try and drive the bulls away from the cabin?
(a) He goes after them with a bull whip.
(b) He throws rocks at them.
(c) He chases them with a pitch fork.
(d) He tosses boiling water at them.
4. How does Little Arliss take Travis by surprise?
(a) Little Arliss kicks him in the shin.
(b) Little Arliss punches him in the stomach.
(c) Little Arliss attacks him with a battling stick.
(d) Little Arliss wrestles him to the ground.
5. What is the first suggestion Sanderson gives to Mama about keeping Old Yeller?
(a) He suggests that the dog stays with them until Papa comes back.
(b) He suggests that she pay him with the milk cow to keep Old Yeller.
(c) He suggests that she take the boys inside while he grabs Old Yeller.
(d) He offers to give her a puppy instead of Old Yeller.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Little Arliss do to Sanderson?
2. How does Travis feel about marking the hogs?
3. What do the Mexicans call a bull with a horn that hangs down past his jaw?
4. What does Travis have to do to the hogs to be able to tell them apart from the neighbor's hogs?
5. What advice does Sanderson give to Travis about when to shoot an animal with hydrophobia?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)