|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of man is Burn Sanderson?
(a) He is young, nice, and polite.
(b) He is rough and crude.
(c) He is old and haggard.
(d) He is young and rude.
2. What does Mama ask Travis to do after he milks the cows?
(a) Feed the dog.
(b) Get Little Arliss ready for bed.
(c) Read the Bible.
(d) Kill a doe for meat.
3. What does Old Yeller do when he hears the bulls start to fight?
(a) He runs away into the hills.
(b) He cowers in the corner of the cabin.
(c) He hides behind Arliss.
(d) He charges at them, trying to chase them away.
4. Why does Sanderson get off his horse and approach Little Arliss?
(a) He tells Little Arliss he is acting like a baby.
(b) He asks Little Arliss if he wants to keep the dog.
(c) He asks Little Arliss if he wants a puppy instead.
(d) He slaps Little Arliss for his temper tantrum.
5. What does Travis notice about Old Yeller when he first sees the dog?
(a) The dog is injured.
(b) The dog is lame.
(c) The dog is starving.
(d) The dog is fat.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Little Arliss act when Travis takes him squirrel hunting?
2. When does Travis begin to love Old Yeller?
3. What does Travis do to try and drive the bulls away from the cabin?
4. What is Mama's reaction to Sanderson's first suggestion?
5. What does Mama say about Old Yeller?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)