|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the bull fight finally end?
(a) The bulls give up and stagger away with their wounds.
(b) Travis shoots at them.
(c) One of the bulls falls in the cart and it rolls down the hill.
(d) The old bull is killed.
2. What news does Lisbeth tell Travis about her dog, Miss Prissy?
(a) Miss Prissy is sick and dying.
(b) Miss Prissy is going to have Old Yeller's puppies.
(c) Miss Prissy is a purebread fox hound.
(d) Miss Prissy won first prize in at the fair.
3. Why doesn't Searcy go into the house when Mama invites him?
(a) He says that he would rather sit in the dog run.
(b) He says that he didn't come for a social call.
(c) He says that the house smell like the old dog.
(d) He says that he doesn't feel at ease in the house.
4. What are the symptoms of hydrophobia?
(a) Watery eyes and lethargy.
(b) Swollen eyes and vomiting.
(c) Foaming at the mouth and blind staggers.
(d) Limping and vomiting.
5. What does Papa compare training the mind to handle fear with?
(a) Training an arm to throw a rock.
(b) Training the eye to wink.
(c) Training the mouth to whistle.
(d) Training a foot to kick a stone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mama say about Old Yeller?
2. What makes the hogs under Travis' limb go wild with anger.
3. How does Travis react to the pending bull fight?
4. What is the hog's favorite food?
5. Why is Bud Searcy left behind when all the men drive the cattle to Abilene?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)